My First Kill...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 03:51 PM
Goo
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My First Kill...

So I pull up to the light and look left…there she is in all her glory. She doesn’t even look over at me because she knows…and I know too. I see the telltale signs…the Q-tip (those in FL will get it) barely able to see over the wheel; hands firmly gripped at 10:00 and 2:00, face practically mashed up to windshield, oblivious to everything but the wide open road in front of her. This is it, the light turns green. I launch perfectly at a blistering 1250 RPMs (with no wheel spin if you can believe that!). All my 130 horses (or what’s left of them after 115k miles) are churning and burning, so to speak. I look over quickly and granny’s oldsmobuick is falling behind. Boom! I slam into 2nd gear at 3000 RPMs…boom; 3rd gear at another 3000 RPMs. I’m chewing up pavement like a schwinn. 4th gear slams in …finally hit 60 MPH after a blistering 10 seconds from launch. I got granny by 2 car lengths at that point. I ease off the throttle and coast off the exit. Victory is mine! That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!!!!

But seriously folks, I feel like I just stepped out of Mayberry RFD when I come here. I’ve only been around this board for about 2 weeks and had never heard of this street-racing phenomenon, This is all so new to me but I learn something new everyday…catback?, headers?, throttlebody?, CAI?, NOS?, WTF!!!! You guys crack me up. It took me a week to figure out that Fast & Furious was a movie!

By the way, the above “kill” is all in good-natured fun, no flames please. But here’s the CL-S content for the post police lurking out there. I have had my mind set on a CL-S 6-speed hoping they come out with it soon. But I found myself lurking over at freshalloy.com and came across some interesting news on the proposed Infiniti G35. The pictures of it make it difficult to like the look of the CL (I know looks are subjective). But underneath, a Nissan insider says that the sedan (auto only) with approximately 260-280 HP will be available next spring followed by a 6-speed version in both sedan and coupe available by August 2002. Sounds to me like serious CL-S and TL-S competition. The next year sure looks exciting for those of us ready to buy! Just thought I’d share that with all of you. Discuss amongst yourselves. Here are a couple of links to the very large thread.
http://freshalloy.ubbforums.com/foru...ML/000340.html
http://freshalloy.ubbforums.com/foru...ML/000087.html

Goo
Old 07-11-2001, 04:14 PM
Instructor

first off, nice kill

yeah i've been looking at the g35 too. looks pretty nice and the interior is so nice and clean.. I looked at the japaneese website and the automatic has better ratios then the cl-s, i think 4th had 1:1.. also with RWD and 50/50 weight distro it's looking like a contender and is on my current short list for my next ride.. (close behind the rx-8, impreza wrx/(sti?)/lancer evo?)

>putting flame suit on<
I personally think the cl-s shouldn't be modded so much especially with parts pertaining to the engine and power.. The major problem with is it the hideous 60/40 weight split and the FWD setup.. anyone that knows anything about physics and weight transfer will understand stand this..
Old 07-11-2001, 04:31 PM
Racer

wow that G35 is gonna kick ass....i thought the altima was cool
Old 07-11-2001, 04:51 PM
Banned

AWESOME KILL MAN!!! That sounds like one helluva adrenaline boost!! Good Lord.

I don' think that car looks all that sweet personally. Fowl tail lights, and the interior is not up to par with the CL's, IMO. The automatic gearbox on the center console is disgusting as are the dials. I do really like the headlights. Those are pretty sweet. They remind me somewhat of the new Celica (even though those are gross too).

Well, with kills like that I certainly hope that you, not only wear your seatbelt, but that you don't forget your helmet and driving gloves!!!! :-)