My car was keyed today? Couple questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car was keyed today? Couple questions?

My car just got keyed on the quarter panel right above the spoiler at school today. I am really annoyed and need to get it fixed. What are some methods, and should i just take it to the bodyshop. How much should it cost?
Old 03-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beware those cats ridin' on 20s.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:29 PM
'Cooter

depending on how deep, go to a detailer and have it professionally compounded...he'll do it in stages according to the depthness of the scratch...im gonna warn u now, there is the possibility of a "shadow" leftover if it's too deep

cost will b in the $50 - $100 area...it was $150 when i got my entire driver's side keyed, but for about $70 more, my detailer did the whole car, so if u got mad swirls/scratches that r annoying, consider getting the whole car detailed (it wound up being more of a blessing in disguise than anything else when i went through it b/c my car looked fantastic afterwards)
Old 03-24-2003, 07:32 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

How can I tell how deep? I cant really feel when scanning my fingernail over it, I tried meguiars and compounding stuff and all it didnt have any effect. So how deep can it really be? Please describe more in detail the shadow effect
Old 03-24-2003, 07:35 PM
Burning Brakes

How come your car got keyed? what happened? did u provoke it?? or was it just a random SOB?
Old 03-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

random SOB, I have no beef with anyone at the school
Old 03-24-2003, 07:54 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

anyone else no what to do. I hear turtle wax makes this product where u pick the color and then u pencil it in the scratch, use a wax over it that they give you and then buff it out. Will this work? Look crappy?
Old 03-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Ok, I am wonderign if this method would work, and has been done on anyone's Cl-S. Filling in the scratch by the body shop and then the shop using my acura touchup paint and airbrushing over the fill in and blending it all in?
Old 03-24-2003, 10:13 PM
///M POWER

fuckin fixin it first, take care of that later. find out who did it and cut their fuckin head off
Old 03-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

I cant find out, I have no clue. Therefore, I need to fix it. I can barely feel it when i put my fingernail in the scratch so i dont tihnk its to deep. Would an orbital buffer work perhaps?
Old 03-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Renegade
I cant find out, I have no clue. Therefore, I need to fix it. I can barely feel it when i put my fingernail in the scratch so i dont tihnk its to deep. Would an orbital buffer work perhaps?
renegade I hate to sound like a dirk but parking your car in a school parking is the worst thing you can do because there are many envious mofos just itching to mess up your car.

If you think it was done on purpose leave the scratch alone because it will only entice them to do it again but this time " HE'LL NEVER GET THE SCRATCH OUT SPOILED SOB" hey its true people are fawked up I try to never take my car out and in public parking lots your asking for trouble.

Lou
Old 03-25-2003, 01:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Wanna know something, my car just got keyed right under the type-s emblem, two keys together, tried to wax it out, but it was too deep. Friggin haters, Sonuvabitches weren't taught how to deal with your well earned success, so they take out their frustration on other peoples property. Its a damn shame. Just wait for the door dings and scratches to collect, then take care of them all together.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:44 AM
Drifting

arrgghhh i feel your pain. my cl-s was parked at school when it was keyed from teh pass. side taillight to just under the side mirror and on the top and rear of the trunk lid. although it happened a year and half ago, i´m boiling on the inside now just thinking about it. i still want to cut of the hands of the sob who did it. ball-less prick. i digress...

well anyway, i got that all painted and the hood too (because of all the stonechips.) the work came out great because the bodyshop didn´t rush the job because i left the country for 3 months

sorry man. school lots suck especially when you have one of the nicer cars around (which is really true in my case.) hope all works out fine for you.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:24 AM
Best D-Line in the NFL

the question is, do you think that if it does not feel very deep to me, that an orbital buffer might be able to get rid of the scratch? Im taking it to a bodyshop today. I go to a private school with a lot of nice cars. Theres even an LX470. I definitely do not have the nicest car of them all, so I will get it repaired.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:36 AM
Instructor

This is the kinda stuff that gets me really POed. Why do people do this? It is so gutless. Someone keyed the living hell out of my car 2 months after I bought it, and I paid cash for it at closing. The total for the repair was over $2,000!!!
Old 03-25-2003, 08:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My 6 Speed got keyed 6 days after I picked it up! Happened in January and I'm getting it fixed in April by a body shop. $390 bucks to fix the door.

Sorry to hear all of these other stories. People who key cars are the lowest form of life on the planet. Lower than Saddam
Old 03-25-2003, 08:10 AM
'Cooter

the question is, do you think that if it does not feel very deep to me, that an orbital buffer might be able to get rid of the scratch? Im taking it to a bodyshop today. I go to a private school with a lot of nice cars. Theres even an LX470. I definitely do not have the nicest car of them all, so I will get it repaired.
okok...sorry it took me so long

if u can't feel it that much, then it's not very deep, which means compounding will most likely solve the issue...an orbital is a must for an application like this...doing it by hand will b very bad as there will b an uneven layering of the clearcoat...orbital is much more even which helps remove the mark and lets it blend into the finish much more fluidly

the shadow depends on how deep the scratch is...if it's down to the bare metal, then yer gonna have a shadow since there's no clearcoat/paint to layer in order to blend in the area and visually give a normal appearance, so if there's a shadow, it'll look like a pencil line, undetected from a few feet away but noticeable within a foot or so...what color is yer CL???
Old 03-25-2003, 03:58 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

It's nighthawk black pearl. My girlfriend's mom works with cars and she told me to go to this body shop today. The owner who she knows took a look at the scratch, put his finger over it, and says Ill be able to buff it out. I think he is doing it for free tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:00 PM
Gimmie my points Biatch!

anyone else no what to do. I hear turtle wax makes this product where u pick the color and then u pencil it in the scratch, use a wax over it that they give you and then buff it out. Will this work? Look crappy?
I tried it with my old car, u need to do it again after a car wash.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:30 PM
'Cooter

It's nighthawk black pearl. My girlfriend's mom works with cars and she told me to go to this body shop today. The owner who she knows took a look at the scratch, put his finger over it, and says Ill be able to buff it out. I think he is doing it for free tomorrow.
BING!! cool man, that's great news

even if he couldn't get the whole mark out, any shadow leftover would've blended in with the paint, so u got nothin to worry bout
Old 03-25-2003, 07:17 PM
Lone CL-P Owner

Originally posted by DRM600
arrgghhh i feel your pain. my cl-s was parked at school when it was keyed from teh pass. side taillight to just under the side mirror and on the top and rear of the trunk lid. although it happened a year and half ago, i´m boiling on the inside now just thinking about it. i still want to cut of the hands of the sob who did it. ball-less prick. i digress...

well anyway, i got that all painted and the hood too (because of all the stonechips.) the work came out great because the bodyshop didn´t rush the job because i left the country for 3 months

sorry man. school lots suck especially when you have one of the nicer cars around (which is really true in my case.) hope all works out fine for you.
i got the nicest car in my school by far. but havent got keyed. i guess they wont cause they all know my dads got the $$ and he would sue the pants of them.
Old 03-25-2003, 11:06 PM
Health's Angels

Hmmm... Gotta be Appleby College?
Old 03-26-2003, 01:19 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
If you catch a f*ckbag in the process of keying your car, and you beat the hell out of that piece of shit, would it be considered temporary insanity??

I had a brand new Tahoe when I was in high school, and nobody ever messed with it. My brother got a new Eclipse GT, and nobody ever messed with it, either. People knew better.

But... I'm at a Big Ten school now, and parking on campus scares the hell out of me. It has become my routine to do a walk-around and check out the car before I get in. I don't care if there's a spot close to the building. If there are crappy cars on either side, I don't park there. And 9 out of 10 times, there is a crappy car there, since this is college. Argh.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:45 PM
Lone CL-P Owner

Originally posted by GINge!
Hmmm... Gotta be Appleby College?
no, but all my neigbors do. i go to a different school just 5 minutes away, its public. i used to go to private school but i wanted to get a sense of reality.
Old 03-26-2003, 04:13 PM
The hair says it all

ha, i dont have to worry about having the nicest car at school. there are like 5 other cl's in the junior grade alone where i live. also in the junior grade (and ive counted) :
6 bmw 3's (2 are verts)
5 saab's
at least 15 acuras
5-6 lexus'
at least 10 audi's

and the rest are accords or jettas

in terms of seniors, there are about 6 mini's already, and a few g35's. a few people drive really nice cars, but i dont go into the senior lot very often. i know this kid has his own slk 320 or whatever it is, and he also has his own 540. people say that on a nice day he drives his parents austin martin to school. im happy with my acura
Old 03-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Banned

Key the rest of your car and get a brand new paint job.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:06 PM
Health's Angels

Originally posted by acuraman32cl
no, but all my neigbors do. i go to a different school just 5 minutes away, its public. i used to go to private school but i wanted to get a sense of reality.
Haha, OK. I went to OT, but as far as getting a sense of reality, you need get yourself out of SE Oakville!