MUSTANG GT isnt all it seems

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2001 | 10:48 PM
Broke youngster :(

MUSTANG GT isnt all it seems

OK, I raced my car over in the industrial center where we have our weekly races in my valley, and a mustang gt shows up, a kid that I know from school. He says, I want to race your new car, so sure enough we race. Off the line, i pulled ahead, let him catch up, slammed the music up then shifted into 3rd and burned some rubber, leaving him in my rear view mirrors. Whats this hoax that FORD makes better cars??? anyways I need to go get mods though to beat modded Mustang GTs.

PEACE

Nick
Old 10-19-2001 | 01:52 AM

heh

Maybe I ought to say it was a 94 v6 with auto hahaa

taught that sucker to not go cheap...

PEACE

Nick
Old 10-19-2001 | 02:05 AM
Shalom

Wow a V6 Mustang! Fantastic! And replying to yourself to make the story so dramatic......
Old 10-19-2001 | 09:05 AM

auto

Thank you for auto FORD, or I wouldnt have probably won. My car is stock as well as his.

Another kid I know just bought a Mustang GT convertible, '95, do you think that I can beat him? he says 0-60 in 6.1 secs, but we went driving and it doesnt seem as fast as the WRX my other friend is leasing. Maybe hes full of shit and its only a v6 as well, not a v8. Any comments please help out

Nick
Old 10-19-2001 | 09:53 AM
6 speed...

Re: heh

Originally posted by nvpscore
Maybe I ought to say it was a 94 v6 with auto hahaa

taught that sucker to not go cheap...

PEACE

Nick
so you lied in your original posting when you clearly stated it was a mustang gt?

OK, I raced my car over in the industrial center where we have our weekly races in my valley, and a mustang gt shows up, a kid that I know from school. He says, I want to race your new car, so sure enough we race. Off the line, i pulled ahead, let him catch up, slammed the music up then shifted into 3rd and burned some rubber, leaving him in my rear view mirrors. Whats this hoax that FORD makes better cars??? anyways I need to go get mods though to beat modded Mustang GTs.
how clever...
Old 10-19-2001 | 10:00 AM

how i lie?

HUH?

I just forgot to put in the specs of the mustang gt, thats all, no lying there. ive beaten mustang gt's manual but the driver just got his and not a pro with manual yet.

Nick
Old 10-19-2001 | 10:14 AM
6 speed...

Re: how i lie?

HUH?

I just forgot to put in the specs of the mustang gt, thats all, no lying there. ive beaten mustang gt's manual but the driver just got his and not a pro with manual yet.

Nick
so you're saying you're just ignorant about what constitutes a mustang gt?

my mistake. I apologize.

current mustang gts come with the 4.6 liter sohc v-8, not the v-6. even the older ones had the 5.0 (well, 4.9 actually) liter v-8. they've never come with a v-6 in gt trim. there's a pretty big difference in performance between the two, and that changes the tenor of your little tale considerably.
Old 10-19-2001 | 11:44 AM
Banned

: shakes head :

PEACE

Nick
Don't know how to respond to this crap in an intellegent manner, so I will be cute and post a pic (Remember, if anyone needs to know anything about Mustangs, post a question here and I'll give honest answers):
Old 10-19-2001 | 02:30 PM
Virile, vigorous & potent

Re: how i lie?

HUH?

Suuuuuuurrrrre you have.

HINT: Ricer fly-bys don't count.
Old 10-19-2001 | 02:55 PM
Banned

Re: MUSTANG GT isnt all it seems

....then shifted into 3rd and burned some rubber, leaving him in my rear view mirrors....
You 'burned some rubber' while shifting into 3rd?!? Wow, you must have a CLS V8 or you have a mystery supercharger + 100 shot NOS.

You gotta share with us the mystery of 'burning some rubber' while shifting to 3rd vs. the usual (hard to do) dodge Viper V10 'chirp' into 3rd gear.
Old 10-19-2001 | 03:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Damn, I wish my car would break the tires loose at 75 MPH. What has been done to this CL-S to to make that kind of power??

Seriously though, for the CL-S to have enough torque applied at 75 MPH even with the TC lash during the shift I suspect that about 350+ crank Torque would be required.
Old 10-19-2001 | 03:35 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

You guys all missed the funniest part of the story.....Prior to "burning rubber shifting into third" he was able to fight the G-forces pushing him back and pump up the tunes!!! Hahahhahahahahahahaha! This guy is in control.
Old 10-19-2001 | 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally posted by JZ
You guys all missed the funniest part of the story.....Prior to "burning rubber shifting into third" he was able to fight the G-forces pushing him back and pump up the tunes!!! Hahahhahahahahahahaha! This guy is in control.
He's Mika Fukkin Hakkinen in his own eyes.
Old 10-19-2001 | 04:15 PM
Pro

Originally posted by JZ
now see, thats what i was paying attention to as well. obviously thats the 1st thing on my mind when i have a critical shift! music makes my car go fast
Old 10-20-2001 | 04:15 PM
Suzuka Master

you guys are meanies
Old 10-22-2001 | 08:34 AM
Outnumbered at home

Re: auto

Thank you for auto FORD, or I wouldnt have probably won. My car is stock as well as his.

Another kid I know just bought a Mustang GT convertible, '95, do you think that I can beat him? he says 0-60 in 6.1 secs, but we went driving and it doesnt seem as fast as the WRX my other friend is leasing. Maybe hes full of shit and its only a v6 as well, not a v8. Any comments please help out

Nick
The convertible would probably be a close race. The 6.1 he is qouting is from Car and Driver and was the fastest time anyone ever got for a 5.0 94 or 95 Stang, plus it was for a coup (convertible would be a couple of tenth back from that due to weight). Those stangs were mid 6's cars and probably closer to 7 for a convertible. There is no way you can mistake a v8 for a v6 in a stang. The 6's were so slow those years, 150hp . good luck racing, you can probably take him (especially if it is an auto, then you just have no excuse not t o win).