Modified WRX goes down to the fury of the S4!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002 | 01:11 PM
Advanced

Modified WRX goes down to the fury of the S4!

Yesterday afternoon I went to pick my friend up at the bus station, he just got back from the airport. After I dropped him off at home, I went to grab something to eat. As I was passing an overhead freeway bridge, I heard a loud exhaust followed by a blow off valve. At first I thought it was a supra, I took another glance in the rear view mirror and saw some huge looking fog lights; a WRX. I slowed down to see if he wants to have a little fun. The guy just blows past me. I quickly catch up and give him a little rev. He returns by giving me a quick BOV sound. As we slowed down to traffic I rolled down my window in hopes to find out more about this guy. He was an asshole and decided to leave his windows up. After a while, I saw a green light just turned red, so I quickly speed up. He pursues and we both line up. At the red light he keeps reving and making that BOV noise, so I keep my rev at 5500rpm (I have no BOV to show off

Light turns green, I get a perfect launch. I loose a little traction at first but once I hooked up I walked this guy pretty bad in 1st gear. (400+ lbs/tq will do that to ya I speedshift 2nd gear and heard tires chirp, not sure if it was me or him. Once my rpm's picked up in 2nd I continued walking this joker. At the end of 2nd gear I was about 2 1/2 cars ahead, slammed 3rd and he kept falling back. I let off at around 85mph with a little over 4 car lenghts ahead. After I let off, it took the scooby some time to catch up, as he did his ricer flyby I heard his BOV as he shifted into 4th gear, I guess he still thinks were racing?

I see him slow down up ahead to a redlight, so I pick up speed. I pulled up to the guy and rolled down my windows and gave him a thumbs up, he just made a right turn without saying a thing. I guess there is a benefit to having really dark window tints on your side windows, it allows you to hide the face of embarrasment Damn I hate poor sports. I loved the sound of his BOV and exhaust though, probably a neuspeed.
Old 01-03-2002 | 01:34 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

nice, how much HP are you pushing with the APR chip?
Old 01-03-2002 | 01:35 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Nice kill! Those WRX's are quick, but with your AWD its an easy kill.
Old 01-03-2002 | 02:07 PM
Banned

Mr. Turbo Audi,

Does that APR chip void your warranty? I've got 2 friends who are always talking about chipping their S4s but they are too chicken shit to do it because they say it will void warranty on turbos.
Old 01-03-2002 | 02:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Good job on killing that jerk! Guess some ppl only enjoy racing if they win
Old 01-03-2002 | 07:48 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by M5 Lite
Mr. Turbo Audi,

Does that APR chip void your warranty? I've got 2 friends who are always talking about chipping their S4s but they are too chicken shit to do it because they say it will void warranty on turbos.
yes, it only voids your warranty if the dealership catch you with it. i.e driving in for service with your chipp installed! Always take it out and put the stock one back in if you are going to take it in for service.
Old 01-03-2002 | 08:00 PM
Pro

sweet....s4's and wrx's are both sweet rides...you gotta get the Blow off valve, so it will sound sweet too....the sound is like music to my ears.

-briancl
Old 01-04-2002 | 12:07 PM
Midnight Marauder

If they really were serious about racing they wouldn't care about the warranty. Most mods void it if you are caught and most mods put more strain on the engine too, more stress/strain = more power.
Old 01-04-2002 | 01:10 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by NOMAD
If they really were serious about racing they wouldn't care about the warranty. Most mods void it if you are caught and most mods put more strain on the engine too, more stress/strain = more power.
With audi, you have to be very careful. Even if you come in with something simple as a tire rotation, if they hook your machine up to a vag tool and find out that your chipped, they will log it and report it to audi of america. So if your car does come in for something serious that might need warranty work, they will possibly void your warranty.
Old 01-04-2002 | 02:38 PM
Cause stock sux.

Does the Venom 400 void warranty?
Old 01-04-2002 | 04:14 PM
Racer

Hey Mr. Audi.

It's me Gabo.

Nice kill!

I agree, sore losers, bad sportsmanship are a pain!

I've come across various WRX's. All driven by older folks or gals which I know won't race...

I know their 0-60 times are better than mine, I'll take them on anyways...
Old 01-04-2002 | 07:58 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Gabo3k
Hey Mr. Audi.

It's me Gabo.

Nice kill!

I agree, sore losers, bad sportsmanship are a pain!

I've come across various WRX's. All driven by older folks or gals which I know won't race...

I know their 0-60 times are better than mine, I'll take them on anyways...
Hey gabo, havent talk to you for a while, wussup dood?
Old 01-06-2002 | 08:00 PM
Burning Brakes

hey I was just wondering...

Just curious to know if you know what your 0-60 is with your modifications.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2002 | 08:43 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life
Aren't the WRXs AWD too?
Old 01-06-2002 | 09:36 PM
foolio at heart

Re: Modified WRX goes down to the fury of the S4!

Originally posted by Mr Turbo Audi
At the red light he keeps reving and making that BOV noise, so I keep my rev at 5500rpm (I have no BOV to show off

I noticed something pretty funny in your story. In the story you said that you didn't have a blow-off valve, but then in your signature you list a forge bpv - just in case you didn't know, a bpv is a bypass valve which is the same thing as a blow off valve. Hehe, pretty interesting oversight.

Here is your signature:
01 Pearl White S4 6spd

Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust (No Cats), Forge BPV's, Stratmosphere Short-shifter @50%, APR chip.

Power Adder mods:

Carbon fiber license plate frame (10whp), MoMo shift-knob (5whp), Zaino (better aerodynamics)
Old 01-06-2002 | 09:39 PM
foolio at heart

Originally posted by phinthesky

Aren't the WRXs AWD too?
Ya, phin. Wrx's are AWD.
Old 01-06-2002 | 11:40 PM
Advanced

Re: Re: Modified WRX goes down to the fury of the S4!

Originally posted by blxmjx

I noticed something pretty funny in your story. In the story you said that you didn't have a blow-off valve, but then in your signature you list a forge bpv - just in case you didn't know, a bpv is a bypass valve which is the same thing as a blow off valve. Hehe, pretty interesting oversight.

Here is your signature:
01 Pearl White S4 6spd

Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust (No Cats), Forge BPV's, Stratmosphere Short-shifter @50%, APR chip.

Power Adder mods:

Carbon fiber license plate frame (10whp), MoMo shift-knob (5whp), Zaino (better aerodynamics)
Well.. its obvious that I know, and you DONT know

Bypass valve recirculates the excess air into the intake manifold, where as blow off valves just dumps it into the atmosphere. Two totally different types of valves but serves the same function; it remove excess boost.
Old 01-06-2002 | 11:59 PM
foolio at heart

Re: Re: Re: Modified WRX goes down to the fury of the S4!

Bypass valve recirculates the excess air into the intake manifold, where as blow off valves just dumps it into the atmosphere. Two totally different types of valves but serves the same function; it remove excess boost.
Sorry dude, but a bypass valve and a blow off valve are the same thing. The only difference is whether you are venting back to the atmosphere or recirculating it back to your intake tract.
Old 01-07-2002 | 12:02 AM
foolio at heart

Re: Re: Re: Modified WRX goes down to the fury of the S4!

It's all the same shit, the only difference is the way in which you plumb the valve.
Old 01-07-2002 | 11:42 AM
Advanced

Re: Re: Re: Re: Modified WRX goes down to the fury of the S4!

Originally posted by blxmjx
Sorry dude, but a bypass valve and a blow off valve are the same thing. The only difference is whether you are venting back to the atmosphere or recirculating it back to your intake tract.
Sigh, no there not the same. If they are the same why do different cars use them? Why do they function totally different? Cars who are likely to use Bypass valves are cars with MAF after the turbo intake. I.e Audi's, porsche, and 300ZX. Cars that run open turbo intake such as RX7's, Supras, and nissans uses BOV.. Oh and DSM's too. You can run a BOV on my car but it will cause the car to run rich, and eventually cause major problems. If the two valves are the same why do they differ so much?
Old 01-07-2002 | 12:14 PM
Racer

Hey gabo, havent talk to you for a while, wussup dood?

Hey Turbo Audi dude! I wasn't able to post, for some strange reason. So I have to re-register.

I'm back now!

Any crazy parties lately?

Talk to you later.
Old 01-07-2002 | 03:19 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Modified WRX goes down to the fury of the S4!

Sigh, no there not the same. If they are the same why do different cars use them? Why do they function totally different? Cars who are likely to use Bypass valves are cars with MAF after the turbo intake. I.e Audi's, porsche, and 300ZX. Cars that run open turbo intake such as RX7's, Supras, and nissans uses BOV.. Oh and DSM's too. You can run a BOV on my car but it will cause the car to run rich, and eventually cause major problems. If the two valves are the same why do they differ so much?
Actually DSM/Toyota cars will run rich and experience some boost creep with a BOV as well.
Old 01-08-2002 | 08:55 AM
Who Needs a Type-S?

BPV's and BOV's are NOT the same.....for the reasons already stated.

and a WRX modified with the money saved over buying a S4 and Mr Turbo will be crying all the way home...so instead of telling us how you beat a car half the S4's value, tell us how comfortable the leather seats and sunroof were as you passed the WRX....because if you factor in ONLY performance you paid 20k more for not much more performance. There are WRX's here already running 12 second 1/4's
Old 01-08-2002 | 12:43 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by tuRb0mikEy
BPV's and BOV's are NOT the same.....for the reasons already stated.

and a WRX modified with the money saved over buying a S4 and Mr Turbo will be crying all the way home...so instead of telling us how you beat a car half the S4's value, tell us how comfortable the leather seats and sunroof were as you passed the WRX....because if you factor in ONLY performance you paid 20k more for not much more performance. There are WRX's here already running 12 second 1/4's
LOL, what a perfect example of a ricer excuse. So based on what your saying, next time I race a car, I should make sure both cars cost the same right?

This is funny, this board never seems to surprise me. Ironically, this is one of the last import boards I would expect to hear a ricer excuse and childish remarks.

I guess if you lost to a V8 you would say something like "Yea, but you got twicez the cylindazZz." Or if a turbo porsche beat you, you would say something like.... well, you already know what you would say; just scroll up
Old 01-08-2002 | 04:36 PM
Captain of S4 rowing team

Hey hey hey........Play nice in here. Cost of the car doesn't matter. On the street, we all play the same game. When my ass has been handed to me, I just think how I can be faster w/o going broke. I serioulsy doubt any of you would think less of your car if I beat one of you. YOu bought the car you wanted, same as I and other S4 owners. I wish we all could understand that and enjoy this fun ass, all though expensive hobby.
Old 01-08-2002 | 06:35 PM
Racer

Reg:

"LOL, what a perfect example of a ricer excuse. So based on what your saying, next time I race a car, I should make sure both cars cost the same right?

This is funny, this board never seems to surprise me. Ironically, this is one of the last import boards I would expect to hear a ricer excuse and childish remarks.

I guess if you lost to a V8 you would say something like "Yea, but you got twicez the cylindazZz." Or if a turbo porsche beat you, you would say something like.... well, you already know what you would say; just scroll up"

Dude, he drives a fricken Accord. He shouldn't be talking shit period.

Just ignore his ignorant ass!
Old 01-08-2002 | 07:47 PM
Advanced

LOL, good point!
Old 01-08-2002 | 09:14 PM
Who Needs a Type-S?

Oh shit GAY-bo3k you're post is just full of so many non-ignorant insights, share some more with me loser.

At least I don't need to come on a CL board to try and make myself feel so superior. The S4 is a great car but if you seriously feel pride in beating up on a WRX then you should also point your browser to a online penis-pump store...

So based on what you're saying I guess you would also have fun beating a Civic DX! Yay aren't you proud of yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back and say job well done!
Old 01-08-2002 | 09:27 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by tuRb0mikEy
Oh shit GAY-bo3k you're post is just full of so many non-ignorant insights, share some more with me loser.

At least I don't need to come on a CL board to try and make myself feel so superior. The S4 is a great car but if you seriously feel pride in beating up on a WRX then you should also point your browser to a online penis-pump store...

So based on what you're saying I guess you would also have fun beating a Civic DX! Yay aren't you proud of yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back and say job well done!
Oh snap.............niz-za, I think Turbomikey just straight, cold fucked you up wit' da' quikness. Dayumn.

Hey man.......I own a CL, should I go over to the S4 board now?
Old 01-08-2002 | 09:28 PM
Drifting

Reg:

"LOL, what a perfect example of a ricer excuse. So based on what your saying, next time I race a car, I should make sure both cars cost the same right?

I guess if you lost to a V8 you would say something like "Yea, but you got twicez the cylindazZz." Or if a turbo porsche beat you, you would say something like.... well, you already know what you would say; just scroll up"

Ok, ok..................just curious, what kind of ride do you have?
Old 01-21-2002 | 01:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by phinthesky

Oh snap.............niz-za, I think Turbomikey just straight, cold fucked you up wit' da' quikness. Dayumn.

Hey man.......I own a CL, should I go over to the S4 board now?
By all means, go over to Audiworld or Audizine. I drive an S4, but I frequent acura-tl.com, supraforums.com, i-club.com, I just started coming here, and several other boards from time to time. I like reading about different cars. Cost does not matter, performance doesn't even matter. TASTE is what matters. I bought the car I LIKE. I have a friend with a WRX. Almost identical performance stock. We enjoy driving each others cars though cause they both have very different feel. Mine has more low end where the WRX you can FEEL the turbo more (it is quite a rush). Both are awesome cars. I just like the added luxury and I like the look of an S4 a lot more. Should I stop competing against other cars cause mine cost more? If that is the case, than I don't want to read about CL-s or cars like that beating a neon or civic. The CL-S is a great car with lots of power, cost mid thirties, and looks nice. I think that a CL owner has every right to show that power as anyone else does. Fact is an S4 beat a comparable car with less mods REGARDLESS of cost. The WRX CAN be made as fast or faster, and for less money, when that happens and he races another S4, then he will win. Would be a good race.
Old 01-26-2002 | 01:58 AM
Retired. Not available.

Originally posted by 2001AudiS4

... The CL-S is a great car with lots of power, cost mid thirties, and looks nice. ...
I would agree to your POV, except the "cost mid thirties" part. Loaded CL-S would run low 30K including TT&L. Thought I'd let you know
Old 01-26-2002 | 08:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SilverKnight

I would agree to your POV, except the "cost mid thirties" part. Loaded CL-S would run low 30K including TT&L. Thought I'd let you know
Thanks, I haven't kept up with the prices. I know when my friend bought his load TL (non Type S) a couple years ago it ran mid 30's with tax and everything. Still a great price for the car.
Old 01-26-2002 | 12:12 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Black CL-S 4-Life
Aren't they both AWD<------oops nevermind...i'll read the whole thread next time