Miserable Wax Job By The Dealer...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 07:14 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miserable Wax Job By The Dealer... Car Looks Like Crap

Well, I picked up my new TL-S last night at the dealer. As I was taking delivery, I noticed that the bumber was streaky. The salesman said that it was probably due to the wax job. Of course the car is Black and at night you really wouldn't notice much else. But in the morning, I noticed the whole car looked steaky and like it had a film on it. I'm really bullshit. The car was for my wife and she was bullshit. Also they installed an air diverter on the sunroof which is something we didn't want because it takes up too much space when the roof is open. I intend to storm back there today to get this shit rectified or they can give me a car with a different color. Any one else have this problem with black? Damn it!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 07:20 AM
The anti-misshift

I don't have any problem with my black cls.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:32 AM
Team Owner

I don’t know about the WAX job, but take the wind deflector off the car ASAP.
They scratch the SHIT out of the paint.

Believe me, I know, I had one on my 2001 and it looked like HELL when I took it off for the winter months.
And I even tried my best to keep a good coat of polish under it at all times and it didn’t help.

Shawn S
Old 10-22-2002, 07:35 AM
'Cooter

that's what u get from having the dealer prep the car :shakehd:...NEVER EVER let the dealer prep the car...first of all, u dunno what kinds of equipment they're using...second, u dunno who's doing the prep...third, u dunno what they're expertise is in the prepping area...for all we know, some underpaid, inexperienced kid can b prepping the car...next car u get, specifically tell them NOT to prep the car, u'll take it, car wrapping and everything...take the car to a professional detailer and have them prep the car...it's worth the extra $100...trust me!!!

case in point...a local guy in my town recently bought the '02 911 Turbo (silver Turbo in the Old Westbury show car competition)...he told the dealership not to prep the car...and this is a Porsche dealership he said this to!!! point is, u never know who's gonna b prepping yer car...on top of that, the detailer is responsible if yer not satisfied...i don't think the dealership assumes responsibility after the car has been prepped

anyways, back to the Porsche owner...right after he took the car off the lot, he went straight to the detailer to prep the car for the competition...the car had 48 miles on it by the time the competition came around...after he left the show, he drove it home for the first time...that was about 5 days after he took the car off the lot just goes to show the time and care detailers take for the car...BTW, the guy won in his class best of show
Old 10-22-2002, 07:40 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Originally posted by Scooter
that's what u get from having the dealer prep the car :shakehd:...NEVER EVER let the dealer prep the car...first of all, u dunno what kinds of equipment they're using...second, u dunno who's doing the prep...third, u dunno what they're expertise is in the prepping area...for all we know, some underpaid, inexperienced kid can b prepping the car...next car u get, specifically tell them NOT to prep the car, u'll take it, car wrapping and everything...take the car to a professional detailer and have them prep the car...it's worth the extra $100...trust me!!!

case in point...a local guy in my town recently bought the '02 911 Turbo (silver Turbo in the Old Westbury show car competition)...he told the dealership not to prep the car...and this is a Porsche dealership he said this to!!! point is, u never know who's gonna b prepping yer car...on top of that, the detailer is responsible if yer not satisfied...i don't think the dealership assumes responsibility after the car has been prepped

anyways, back to the Porsche owner...right after he took the car off the lot, he went straight to the detailer to prep the car for the competition...the car had 48 miles on it by the time the competition came around...after he left the show, he drove it home for the first time...that was about 5 days after he took the car off the lot just goes to show the time and care detailers take for the car...BTW, the guy won in his class best of show
Well, yeah...good point, but I never had this problem before. Now, the freakin' dealer is either going to fix it right or I'll start complaining to American Honda. Oh, and the survey form they're so scared of...I'll write'um up bad!
Old 10-22-2002, 07:50 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Pappy
Well, yeah...good point, but I never had this problem before. Now, the freakin' dealer is either going to fix it right or I'll start complaining to American Honda. Oh, and the survey form they're so scared of...I'll write'um up bad!
it's hit or miss with dealerships...sometimes, u get good prep people, sometimes u don't...hopefully, they'll b accomodating to u and fix the car up to yer satisfaction asap
Old 10-22-2002, 08:52 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As you will soon discover (if you have not already), black is one of the hardest colors to maintain. Bad wax jobs will be readily apparent. We live in fear of the swirl.

I've had good luck with Zaino, and I know that others have liked Blackfire. You can use a duster or quick detailer (Z6) between washes if you are compulsive.

The dealer did prep my car and there is one swirl on the hood that I periodically notice (you can only see it at certain angles) that I know came from there. The wax job that they did was blotchy and smeary - as your's was. I did a Dawn and Zaino soon after I took my baby home.

I didn't give my dealer high ratings on the Honda surveys.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this the same dealer that you got your CL-S with the blotchy white hood at?

This dealer really needs to re-evaluate how they inspect and prep their inventory.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:58 AM
Race Director

Re: Miserable Wax Job By The Dealer... Car Looks Like Crap

I'm really bullshit. The car was for my wife and she was bullshit.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Re: Re: Miserable Wax Job By The Dealer... Car Looks Like Crap

Originally posted by amirsafdari
I noticed that too.... too funny

Anyway... I'm sure the dealer will do right by you. If not, just rip them on the survey and raise hell in the dealership!! Black is a tough car to keep clean. I was worried about the blue but it's no where near as bad as I thought... and also no where near Black.

Good luck!!
Old 10-22-2002, 09:51 AM
Balla on a Budget

Re: Miserable Wax Job By The Dealer... Car Looks Like Crap

I'm really bullshit. The car was for my wife and she was bullshit.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:51 AM
Banned

why was your wife bullshit, dude?? whats that supposed to mean?
Old 10-22-2002, 09:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

I didn't have the dealer prep my car. When I got it home, I dawned, clayed, & zainoed it. Did the same to the new Mustang. Can't trust dealers!
Old 10-22-2002, 10:04 AM
Suzuka Master

OOh man

I feel your pain.... I told them when I bought the car not to even think about touching it...They call it PDI.... I told him no PDI... leave all the plastic on the interior and exterior... He said they could not give me the car with the exterior plastic... Went to pick up the car and they were washing it... I flipped out... the salesman started apologizing and told me the car was dusty and his boss would get super pissed if he presented the car to me all dusty....

Went in for a front alignment 4 weeks ago... told them I wanted the print out of the alignment and not to wash the car... They did not listen.. I pull in with a rental and see white soap marks coming out of the door handles of my car.. I go in and bitch, they did not have the alignment print out, they forgot and the machine was cleared.... The service manager told me he would give me 15% off my next service, I told him to stick it and I will never come back again.... Got the survey and tore them a new asshole.... Got a phone call and the bitch said... I am sorry you feel that way Mr. Smith..click.. she hung up..... damn bitch... THEY DON'T CARE... BOTTOM LINE!!!

Smitty
Old 10-22-2002, 03:21 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Originally posted by Slimey
As you will soon discover (if you have not already), black is one of the hardest colors to maintain. Bad wax jobs will be readily apparent. We live in fear of the swirl.

I've had good luck with Zaino, and I know that others have liked Blackfire. You can use a duster or quick detailer (Z6) between washes if you are compulsive.

The dealer did prep my car and there is one swirl on the hood that I periodically notice (you can only see it at certain angles) that I know came from there. The wax job that they did was blotchy and smeary - as your's was. I did a Dawn and Zaino soon after I took my baby home.

I didn't give my dealer high ratings on the Honda surveys.
Yeah, I'm obsessive compulsive when it comes to the way my cars look. I know every chip or mark. I always wash them myself using Magire's products and a shammy. Actually they fixed the wax job except for the rear bumper...it's still streaky. What pissed me off too, was that the small piece next to the gearshift was missing and a valve stem was missing as well. What kind of bull shit is this...with no quality control. I also had them remove the front plate housing and that awful looking air deflecter thing they installed on my sunroof as a gift. Now they just called to inform me that they fucked up the VIN on the contract. They want to send a finance guy out to re-do the contract. Maybe I'll jerk them around a bit before returning the call.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:23 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Originally posted by Slimey
Is this the same dealer that you got your CL-S with the blotchy white hood at?

This dealer really needs to re-evaluate how they inspect and prep their inventory.
No, it was a different dealer...can you believe it?
Old 10-22-2002, 03:25 PM
Race Director

Yeah, I'm obsessive compulsive when it comes to the way my cars look. I know every chip or mark. I always wash them myself using Magire's products and a shammy. Actually they fixed the wax job except for the rear bumper...it's still streaky. What pissed me off too, was that the small piece next to the gearshift was missing and a valve stem was missing as well. What kind of bull shit is this...with no quality control. I also had them remove the front plate housing and that awful looking air deflecter thing they installed on my sunroof as a gift. Now they just called to inform me that they fucked up the VIN on the contract. They want to send a finance guy out to re-do the contract. Maybe I'll jerk them around a bit before returning the call.
are u still bullshit?
Old 10-22-2002, 03:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah tell him to come over and don;t answer the door...LOL
Old 10-22-2002, 03:27 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Originally posted by jimcol711
why was your wife bullshit, dude?? whats that supposed to mean?
IT WAS HER CAR!!!