Michael Schumacher Wins

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 08:24 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michael Schumacher Wins

Michael Schumacher took the lead at the first corner of the Hungarian Grand Prix, and never looked back.

Michael Schumacher claiming his fourth title by winning the Grand Prix of Hungary.

i'm into formula one racing - i get up every other sunday to watch it, anyone else out there formula one fans, (i'm glad schumacher won it again)
Old 08-19-2001, 08:25 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by acura_service:
<STRONG>i'm into formula one racing - i get up every other sunday to watch it</STRONG>
You need a TiVo!
Old 08-19-2001, 08:30 PM
www.drippinwet.com

hey soopa, glad to see this thread caught your attention so quick, no tivo yet, living on the east coast i have to get up at 7 every other sunday to catch f1 on speedvision, but i love f1 racing, and they don't pussy-out like nascar when it starts raining

do you watch f1 as well?
Old 08-19-2001, 08:58 PM
Instructor

Duh, I'll bet Schumacher wasn't usin' Honda rotors or pads on his formula one race car, wuz he?!!
Old 08-19-2001, 09:18 PM
Powered By HONDA

i know i know i watch the f1 and record every show since so many years ago..i am totally a f1 fan..love f1 cars..they are world's best drivers.. love them..mika hakkinen is cool too..love him too
Old 08-19-2001, 09:46 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Originally posted by technoid:
<STRONG>Duh, I'll bet Schumacher wasn't usin' Honda rotors or pads on his formula one race car, wuz he?!! </STRONG>

nope, but i bet they don't get .6 of an hour to change them either
Old 08-19-2001, 09:58 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<STRONG>Michael Schumacher took the lead at the first corner of the Hungarian Grand Prix, and never looked back.

Michael Schumacher claiming his fourth title by winning the Grand Prix of Hungary.

i'm into formula one racing - i get up every other sunday to watch it, anyone else out there formula one fans, (i'm glad schumacher won it again)</STRONG>
I love Formula 1, but i wish there was more passing. Most of these races are parades. I prefer CART, the competition is way closer.
Old 08-19-2001, 10:00 PM
Burning Brakes

<STRONG>Michael Schumacher took the lead at the first corner of the Hungarian Grand Prix, and never looked back.

i'm into formula one racing - i get up every other sunday to watch it, anyone else out there formula one fans, (i'm glad schumacher won it again)</STRONG>
I would have liked to see Ralf have a chance this season (no flames please), but he seems to be moving up very quickly. Next season he might very well be knocking on his brothers door.
Old 08-19-2001, 10:06 PM
Burning Brakes

<STRONG>
nope, but i bet they don't get .6 of an hour to change them either</STRONG>
HaHaHa! Nice comeback.....
Old 08-19-2001, 10:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Red Rider:
<STRONG>

I love Formula 1, but i wish there was more passing. Most of these races are parades. I prefer CART, the competition is way closer.</STRONG>
Which races have you been watching???

There is plenty of action in Formula One, did anyone see the start of the German GP in Hockenheim?? Sucks that it happened, but it was definetly cool watching those F1 cars shred like that (the safety science designed into those cars are so awesome it's indescribable).

Looks like Speedvision is picking up Nascar, now there is definetly no comparison between Nascar and F1 (Nascar sucks!!)
Old 08-19-2001, 11:40 PM
Pro

I love it too, and get up religously every saturday ( qualifying) and every sunday at 7am. And congrats to Schumi, another year well deserved.
I didnt think too many people here would be up that early
Shgame honda isnt better this year. But next year promises to be a lot better with Williams BMW coming into the mix more too, maybe a 3 way fight now.
Old 08-19-2001, 11:57 PM
Drifting

They have to widen the tracks, or allow drafting (change wings), to get more passing into the races. Then there is also the issue of money, where some teams don't test when they can due to the expense. True, it is the best drivers and the best cars. If only it were the best racing! Maybe influence from the US will alter that, but probably not. We have the best road course, but it isn't used for F1 (The Glen). I do however have to feel for the west coast, I only have to be up at 6 on Sundays to catch the start.
Old 08-20-2001, 12:38 AM
Fight On SC!

i'm still upset about the whole grooved tires deal. anyhow, congrats to schumi.
Old 08-20-2001, 01:01 AM
www.drippinwet.com

the layout of the glen is good, but the actual track surface is substandard for f1
Old 08-20-2001, 01:12 AM
Instructor

love it love it love it. F1 is without a doubt the most awesome racing in the world. the technology is absolutely beyond any other form of racing in the world. World wide it is the most watched competitive venue. I have a poster of Ayrton Senna on my bedroom wall. On the other hand, while I totally agree that they are some of the best drivers in the world, I think the truely elite are on the rally circuit. jmho
Old 08-20-2001, 01:44 AM
Prostyle Owner

F1 is the best racing in the industry.... I just wished that daimler benz would win a few and quite getting 2nd each race coulthart and hakkin or my favorites race.

Later,
Dantes
Old 08-20-2001, 01:59 AM
Subie Dubie

Originally posted by JSuppi:
<STRONG>

Which races have you been watching???

There is plenty of action in Formula One, did anyone see the start of the German GP in Hockenheim?? Sucks that it happened, but it was definetly cool watching those F1 cars shred like that (the safety science designed into those cars are so awesome it's indescribable).

Looks like Speedvision is picking up Nascar, now there is definetly no comparison between Nascar and F1 (Nascar sucks!!)</STRONG>
Monaco for one. McLarens David C. qualified 4 seconds faster than a guy he couldn't get around for over 30 laps cause there's NO where to pass. The only way he got around was due to a pit stop. I'm not gonna get into an argument with you, but aside from a couple of passes, Montoya on Schumacher a couple of times this year comes to mind, most races are parades. Just my opinion, and i do love the technology.
Old 08-20-2001, 02:13 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
I love F1, and went to the Canadian round in Montreal..it was AWESOME and I'll be going back next year!
Old 08-20-2001, 02:30 AM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
FIAT pads & rotors!!!
Old 08-20-2001, 09:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 6,896 Likes on 3,502 Posts
I'm a long time JV fan. Actually got the chance to talk to him at length at the Long Beach GP. He was a little shy at first but then he really started talking when I told him F1 was my favorite (since I was like 6). I am an absolute F1 FANATIC as testified to by my lic plate (as is my wife). My new S2000 will be F1 Fan2, which I should have soon. I have taped and watched every race since 1984! Lot of great moments and horrible moments as well (Senna's death, Verstappen's fire, etc.) I'll be at the USGP again--last year we got invited to the McLaren party on Saturday nite and met Ron Dennis. He was really not so bad of a guy actually (and man, does he know how to throw a party!!) Can't wait to go again this year (Montreal 13 years in a row). F1 is the Best!
Old 08-20-2001, 01:33 PM
Drifting

<STRONG>the layout of the glen is good, but the actual track surface is substandard for f1</STRONG>
If they had an F1 race there it would be resurfaced, along with a lot of other improvements to bring it upto the 21st century.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:50 PM
Racer

Yeah, Formuala 1 racing is so much fun to watch. It actually takes skill and racing precision to race in that league. I'm not saying that CART or the IRL doesn't take skill, but most of the tracks that they run on are ovals, hence the moniker "the sport of left turns" (borrowed from Jim Rome).
Back to the topic... Michael Schumacher a great driver and so is his brother Ralf. But I wonder how successful would he be if Areyton Senna was still driving...hmmm. But Ferrari's a great team. What ever happened to the great Williams team?
I hear there's this 16 year old American from California that's rising up through the ranks in Europe really fast. It'll be nice to have an American driver in the Formula 1 circuit. What do you guys think?
Old 08-20-2001, 05:54 PM
Fight On SC!

Originally posted by GooWakJai:
<STRONG>Yeah, Formuala 1 racing is so much fun to watch. It actually takes skill and racing precision to race in that league. I'm not saying that CART or the IRL doesn't take skill, but most of the tracks that they run on are ovals, hence the moniker "the sport of left turns" (borrowed from Jim Rome).
Back to the topic... Michael Schumacher a great driver and so is his brother Ralf. But I wonder how successful would he be if Areyton Senna was still driving...hmmm. But Ferrari's a great team. What ever happened to the great Williams team?
I hear there's this 16 year old American from California that's rising up through the ranks in Europe really fast. It'll be nice to have an American driver in the Formula 1 circuit. What do you guys think?</STRONG>
love your member name. you must be cantonese.
Old 08-20-2001, 05:55 PM
Fight On SC!

Originally posted by GooWakJai:
<STRONG>Yeah, Formuala 1 racing is so much fun to watch. It actually takes skill and racing precision to race in that league. I'm not saying that CART or the IRL doesn't take skill, but most of the tracks that they run on are ovals, hence the moniker "the sport of left turns" (borrowed from Jim Rome).
I hear there's this 16 year old American from California that's rising up through the ranks in Europe really fast. It'll be nice to have an American driver in the Formula 1 circuit. What do you guys think?</STRONG>
love your member name. you must be cantonese.
Old 08-20-2001, 06:44 PM
Instructor

Haha, trick kid. I love F1 but I wish Hakkinen would win a couple. Schumacher and the Ferrari have been unbeatable. Villenauue is cool too.