Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me vs. WRX

Hello guys,

my first post here.

Mods:

CT Icebox
CT Headers
H&R springs, shocks

This Yellow WRX (227 hp non STi) was weaving through traffic for about 10 miles and then got stock behind a big truck. So even though he put so much work into passing people every second, in the end, he ended up behind me. I LOVE THAT! I hate it when people don't wanna stay in one lane but wanna cut everyone else off just to get ahead. Wait your turn biatch, we all wanna get to work.

Well anyway, after about 10 miles I got a redlight with him. I looked over but he didn't look back at me so I didn't think much of it. Well the light turns green and I slowly ease into the throttle and at about 10 mph I hear him gun it. He's about a car length ahead of me when I gun it too. Still in first, I have to ease of my throttle because the tires are chirping and once I got traction I again gun it . I slowly start creeping up, put it in second between 35 and 40 mph and my tires start chirping so he pulls ahead a little again. Well, half way through second, I caught up again. Now, you guys have to picture this, there is usually a lot of traffic on this street, so it was stupid to race in first place. The only reason I did it is because we got a red light and there wasn't ANYONE in front of us until the next light. Also, I wasn't even watching my RPMS so I was shifting probably 500 rpms below redline and out of Vtec each time. On top of all this, while racing, I was looking in my rear view mirror for cops. It wasn't optimal and I know that if I ever see him again and I know there is noone there, I can deffinitely take him. Well as I evened it out at about 65 mph in 2nd, I put it in 5th and start slowing down because we were too close to the next red light to keep going and who knows where there might have been police on that street.

Well, like I said, I put it in 5th and slow down, and this guy keeps on going, gets about 2 carlengths on me, puts his hazards on goes into the left turn lane. Of course now I'm pissed because I would have deffinitely taken him in end of 2nd beginning of 3rd if I wanted to drive like an idiot and start stopping 100 feet from the red light and endangering everyone else instead of slowly slowing down. This is the type of guy that you see on the news who dies while street racing. I was pissed because I could have gotten in front of him if I had put it in 3rd instead of 5th. I was gonna drive by him and shake my head and tell him that I started slowing down way before him, but he gave me thumbs up, so I did the same thing and went on my way to work. He looked abuot 20-25 years old. If he would have kept on going straight, we would have gotten another red light and this time since I knew he wanted to race, he wouldn't have gotten such a jump on me, even though he is AWD. Just to put things in perspective, a month ago I raced the same model WRX on the highway from a 70 mph roll and I put two and a half cars on him by 110.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Cruisin'

Yeah some of them are soo ignorant. I beat a 2002 automatic WRX AWD Turbo by about 2-3 car lengths. Off the line we were dead even but when i put it into 2nd i was gone. He got pissed off and tried cutting me off. I hate people like that.
Ohh and welcome to the forums!
Old 10-08-2004, 08:01 AM
Pro

from what I've heard those cars are dogs at highway speed so you should really smoke him there. Unfortunately there are people who drive like that everywhere. Massachusetts especially. Good job controlling yourself.