me vs 2001 Cobra w/bolt-on's and 150shot

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 12:06 AM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
me vs 2001 Cobra w/bolt-on's and 150shot

Dont know what it is, but i seem to attract mustangs now...this is a friend of ours who ive never run before and we finally got two highway pulls in tonight:

1st-He waved me on, so i hit and when im next to him he guns and i pull hard (3-4cars) all the way through 4th and then shut it down...

2nd-he wanted a rematch, so again he gets up next to me and says go, so we go and i pull again, 2-3cars this time...

All in all i think i hurt his feelings a little bit, but he admitted to me that he was spraying and he lost....oh well....WHO'S NEXT???J/K
Old 02-23-2003, 12:38 AM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn nice kills, hope u got it on vid
Old 02-23-2003, 07:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
your shot > his shot

nice work
Old 02-23-2003, 08:06 AM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

Im really not sure why he didnt beat me down(racing wise)but he didnt....sorry Darrin, we didnt get this one on video, but next weekend we'll go again and more of the guys from Undergroundracing.com will be there to get it on video
Old 02-23-2003, 11:05 AM
///M POWER

Originally posted by Zootking
Im really not sure why he didnt beat me down(racing wise)but he didnt....sorry Darrin, we didnt get this one on video, but next weekend we'll go again and more of the guys from Undergroundracing.com will be there to get it on video
yea a vid would be sweet, just dont get caught , werent the 2001 cobras the ones w/ false HP #'s?? were u running a 150 shot also??
Old 02-23-2003, 11:19 AM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

no...i wasnt running a 150shot...im not sure our motors would hold that

Here's the list of his mods
ROB
2001 SVT COBRA CONV'T
MODS:
BFG G-force KD 275-40-17
03 Cobra Chrome rims(real ones)
03 cobra hood,bumper,and fogs.
03 Saleen S-281 wing
NX wet kit (150-200 shot)
Bassani high flow X pipe
JDM 3.5 inch catback
3:73 rear
Mac CAI
Old 02-24-2003, 09:40 AM
Burning Brakes

man, if i was him, i would be hiding, being beat down by a lil ole 6 cyl jap car

hahaha
Old 02-24-2003, 11:05 AM
Racer

hahhaha..

ROB
2001 SVT COBRA CONV'T
MODS:
BFG G-force KD 275-40-17
03 Saleen S-281 wing
Bassani high flow X pipe
JDM 3.5 inch catback
Mac CAI
So lemme see if I can get this straight... a you toasted a Rustang that had more horsepower than you NA, a way bigger shot, and gears...??? That guy should probably return the cobra to wherever he bought it and buy a Metro. His Cobra with a 150 shot should be deep in the 12's...
Old 02-24-2003, 12:06 PM
What can I get ya?

Re: hahhaha..

Originally posted by numbaonestunna
So lemme see if I can get this straight... a you toasted a Rustang that had more horsepower than you NA, a way bigger shot, and gears...??? That guy should probably return the cobra to wherever he bought it and buy a Metro. His Cobra with a 150 shot should be deep in the 12's...

I agree, something had to be wrong with this thing. The thing was probably a piece of shit from beating the hell out of it with all that nitrous.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:54 PM
Instructor

Re: me vs 2001 Cobra w/bolt-on's and 150shot

1st-He waved me on, so i hit and when im next to him he guns and i pull hard (3-4cars) all the way through 4th and then shut it down...

2nd-he wanted a rematch, so again he gets up next to me and says go, so we go and i pull again, 2-3cars this time...
This is a joke, right? Up top, Cobras pull like raped apes. With a NX 150shot, you're looking at an instant 150-175 increase in HP and close to a 200 lbs of torque increase.
If you're racing from a roll, the Cobra is already in his powerband (3500+), plus the juice, he would kill you if all you have is what's in your sig.

The only way you would pull 4 cars on him that fast is if he started in 5th gear.

He has an 03 Cobra bumper and hood? Are you sure it wasn't a 99+ V6 w/ a little bit of juice and a Cobra body kit? You guys can take them out with no problems.

Now maybe he DOES have a Cobra on the bottle, but is a really shitty driver. Like dropping into 2nd and spraying right away. Then he would have spun for a few minutes and gone sideways. If that's the case, good kill
Old 02-24-2003, 04:32 PM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

330...ive got a little shot of my own, not 150shot, but enough....i know he caught traction and is a decent driver (we can always be better) but i got him twice...im not sure if his car running right or not, b/c it would make since for him to put down 50-75 more than me with that big of a shot....i dont know, all i know is he admitted to it and i have witnesses, but no video...sometimes i wish i would just carry my camera with me everywhere i go....we're gonna try again this weekend and get it on tape for visual proof....

on a side note, i went out with a buddy who has an S281 yesterday and we ran into some chevy's...i ran a new LS-1 with bolt-on's and exhaust and got him by 1.5 cars....my buddy ran the C5 with bolt-on's and exhaust...i got greedy and tried the vette, but lost to him by 1.5 cars...it was nice to get a thumbs up from them, cause they laughed at first, til they ran me...
Old 02-24-2003, 04:41 PM
10th Gear

Nice Kill Zootking.
If you beat an 01 cobra with gears and a 150 shot with your pretty much stock Cl with a few bolt on's, then I should be able to own a Z06 with my tricycle. You need to stop smoking crack!
Old 02-24-2003, 05:01 PM
Suzuka Master

ROB
2001 SVT COBRA CONV'T
MODS:
BFG G-force KD 275-40-17
03 Saleen S-281 wing
Bassani high flow X pipe
JDM 3.5 inch catback
Mac CAI

Whats a JDM Catback?

If he was really sprayin on you with a 150 shot, you would have been toast.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:29 PM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

damn some of you guys are amazing....ive never posted any bullshit on this forum, especially when it comes to racing...and i still take shit....you know im sorry you guys dont believe much and you're right, numbers say i should've been toast, but its not so on this occasion....

Rainman, you obviously just like to give people shit and dont even post any racing stories of your own....i guess the crack ive been smoking is in my engine

And if you really wanna see first hand how fast my CL-S is, then lets try to meet up sometime so I can show you....

PS-for those not giving me shit, i apologize for being edgy, but damn some people you just cant convince...kind of like some mustang owners.... even when you get something on video, they still make excuses like he wasnt racing....not that i have this one on video, but the one of me vs the stage 3 roush is...
Old 02-24-2003, 08:06 PM
10th Gear

My guess is he could be a bad driver or he tore up his engine, but you said he was a decent driver, and with the nitrous, if he uses it frequently, then his engine is somewhat messed up, so.... that could be part of why he lost....

and the reason why you attract Mustangs is because, being a Mustang enthusiast myself, we don't like souped up Japanese cars (rice burners) and we consider our cars more powerful because we have bigger engines and have more power. We also don't like the look of some aftermarket Japanese car cosmetics... like some people will put a bunch of stickers and the giant wing and the big fart pipe shiat and act like it's fast instead of putting some decent design cues and actually making it powerful and not looking like shiznit with the giant wing. Of course I'm sure you prolly already know this, so I'll stop blabbing...

Good kill tho, dude.... I'm wondering if he was also over-confident...
Old 02-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by knucklehead11
The reason why you attract Mustangs is because, being a Mustang enthusiast myself, we don't like souped up Japanese cars (rice burners) and we consider our cars more powerful because we have bigger engines and have more power. We also don't like the look of some aftermarket Japanese car cosmetics... like some people will put a bunch of stickers and the giant wing and the big fart pipe shiat and act like it's fast instead of putting some decent design cues and actually making it powerful and not looking like shiznit with the giant wing. Of course I'm sure you prolly already know this, so I'll stop blabbing...
My god, a civilized response from a domestic owner?! This must be a sign of the Apocolypse.

Oh, and for the record, _EVERYONE_ hates those riced out imports with nothing more than park bench spoilers, body kits with lots of stickers and fart cans.

Personally, I'm a fan of sleepers. The only sticker i'd willingly put on my CL-S would be the "Supercharged by Comptech" logo that comes with the one i buy. I'd lower my car if i didn't live in Michigan, and super-dark tinting looks badass. I'd like some really nice rims, but more for the weight loss than anything else. Anything beyond that? No thank you.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:08 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by ABreece
My god, a civilized response from a domestic owner?! This must be a sign of the Apocolypse.

Oh, and for the record, _EVERYONE_ hates those riced out imports with nothing more than park bench spoilers, body kits with lots of stickers and fart cans.

Personally, I'm a fan of sleepers. The only sticker i'd willingly put on my CL-S would be the "Supercharged by Comptech" logo that comes with the one i buy. I'd lower my car if i didn't live in Michigan, and super-dark tinting looks badass. I'd like some really nice rims, but more for the weight loss than anything else. Anything beyond that? No thank you.
Yeah, I'm not one of those stupid asses who are like, "I'M GONA WIN OVER UR ASS BECASE U HAVE A RICE BURNER AND I HAVE A DOMESTIC SO U SUCK HAHA!" ppl like most of the domestic owners....
Old 02-24-2003, 11:44 PM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

Knucklehead...that was a good response, but im no rice burner and i wish some mustang owners would just appreciate the effort we put into our cars instead of having the "my engine is bigger, therefore you cant hang" attitude...ive found no GT that could run with me stock for stock or modded for that matter...im not saying i have the fastest CL in the world, but damn i just wish some of these guys would get their heads out of their asses....anyways, you seem like a nice guy, so i'll stop there, but i have to say, most mustang and Z28 owners for that matter hate losing to an import no matter what...i mean i hate losing too especially if its something i should've beaten
Old 02-25-2003, 12:48 AM
///M POWER

y dont u mother fuckers just believe him, a win is a win
Old 02-25-2003, 01:15 AM
Intermediate

Anything is possible, but can you expain the JDM exhaust on a Mustang?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:41 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Bassani high flow X pipe
JDM 3.5 inch catback
Mac CAI

With those mods, isn't that about a 50% increase over the 320hp stock? Wouldn't an upgraded clutch would be necessary?
Old 02-25-2003, 06:51 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Bluto
Bassani high flow X pipe
JDM 3.5 inch catback
Mac CAI

With those mods, isn't that about a 50% increase over the 320hp.
Exactly, with these mods he should have around 420rwhp and 480rwtq(NOS TQ). This cobra should run high 11's at a trapspeed close to 120mph. I dont know how would a N/A CL-S no mattter what u have in ur engine beat that. Man even if u have a turbo or SC without a seriously rebuild motor i dont see how u would beat a cobra that has 150shot plus the mods u listed.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:23 AM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

Sorry Fast, I took my shot out of my sig b/c of issues with a dealer where im from, just in case they watched the board (paranoid I guess)....but i have a zex 100shot, not that makes much difference to anyone here cause they still have doubts...on a side note, i ran into an LS-1 the other day with a few bolt-on's and exhaust and beat him by about 1.5 cars til about 120....he was surprised as hell...a friend who set it up said the guy was talking and laughing before hand...i also tried my hand at a modded C5, but that's a different story, i lost by about 2 cars to him (my buddy with a S281 got him though )...Hey Fast, if you're ever near Rockingham dragway or are thinking about coming down this way, let me know, id love to have a shot at that Z28...

6banger...the JDM exhaust, im not sure about, but that is his sig on undergroundracing
Old 02-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Suzuka Master

6banger...the JDM exhaust, im not sure about, but that is his sig on undergroundracing
I have never heard of a "JDM" exhaust for a stang. I think he is just messing around with import owners. But a 150 Shot Cobra would still rape you.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Banned

I've never heard of a JDM catback for a Mustang either. "JMS" (Johnson Motorsports) he could have meant, but I am not sure if Chris really builds custom catbacks. An upgraded clutch would not be required, though the stock one won;t last too long on a big shot like that. I'd be looking toward fuel system mods (255lph Walbro or something) to make that 150 shot work well, but then again, not "required".

As far as the kill goes...from what he's posted in the past, I'll have to believe that Zootking won the races, regardless of him giving up 20 mph in trap and a good 100whp.

Obviously, he got one or more of the following in his favor:

- Holeshot (headstart)
- Missed shifts/overall poor driving from the Cobra owner
- A car that was not as advertised (not a DOHC/V8 and/or DOHCwithout the mods he claimed)

As far as not being able to find a GT to run with you stock for stock though...you DO have the fastest CL on the board as you must obviously run 13s all day long bone stock to make that claim (or again, always get the factors I listed above in your favor).
Old 02-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Instructor

Hey Fast, if you're ever near Rockingham dragway or are thinking about coming down this way, let me know, id love to have a shot at that Z28...
Sure man, but do u think u will be able to run 12.5-12.7 at 112-113... if so then u have a chance.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:45 PM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

Not sure about that....damn you're quick if you trap that with 325hp...very nice times...i hope to hit 12.9's but we'll just have to wait and see...
Old 02-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
i dont know if he as THE FASTEST...all_motors is running in 12s with is custom turbo (has the slips to prove it)
Old 02-25-2003, 02:08 PM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

BKnight...that's true and i didnt mean to imply that i had the fastest CL ever, he has definitely built a fast one and give him all the props for his hard work...hopefully I'll be able be as fast....
Old 02-25-2003, 02:17 PM
Instructor

http://www.jdmengineeringinc.com
JDM started making stuff just for the 99+ Lightnings and have now expanded to Mustang/Cobra stuff.

I'm clueless about Hondas, so can someone give me a quick spec list of a stock CL? Weight, hp, torque, etc. How much have you gained from your mods? Have you been to the track or dyno?

Rice burners suck, but I have much respect for imports. I used to have a 240SX (stock), and I did the SR20DET swap into my cousin's 240. He runs high 12s on drag radials. My dad just sold his 300ZX Vert w/ Jim Wolfe custom Twin Turbo setup, so I know where you guys are coming from. I got addicted to the torque that you can only get from a V8 and thats why I went domestic.

I don't doubt your kill, b/c anything is possible on the street, but I think a properly maintained Cobra w/ those mods should see low 12s, high 11s w/ a good driver, and on the highway would have no problem walking most cars on the road. IMO, of course.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:45 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
BKnight...that's true and i didnt mean to imply that i had the fastest CL ever, he has definitely built a fast one and give him all the props for his hard work...hopefully I'll be able be as fast....
and I didnt mean to imply that you were trying to imply that you were fastest cl EVA I give you mad props for you car...wish I had the balls to take on a rouch stage 3
Old 02-25-2003, 02:51 PM
nothing

for the record, i see way more domestic rice these days...cavaliers, sunfires, corsicas, thunderbirds, etc... damn near every single domestic car down here at school has altezzas, got nos? stickers, and what i think is even worse is the v6 mustang with the cobra r body kit and wing, 17 chrome enkei's and of course some hot altezzas to set it off.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:39 PM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

you know thats true..ive seen a lot more domestic rice these days as well....mainly from the V6 owners...like there was a yellow V6 with pipes, a double decker wing, the big pony stickers on the doors, and to top it off A TYPE-S badge on the side ....oh yeah check out http://www.ricecops.com for more on those damn "ricers"
Old 02-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Banned

Or a v6 stang with Cobra badges that makes people think they can walk a Squeezed Cobra in their CL?

j/k
Old 02-25-2003, 05:38 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Pull_T
Or a v6 stang with Cobra badges that makes people think they can walk a Squeezed Cobra in their CL?

j/k
Old 02-26-2003, 12:55 AM
Instructor

Not sure about that....damn you're quick if you trap that with 325hp...very nice times...i hope to hit 12.9's but we'll just have to wait and see...
No, i wont trap 112 with only 325rwhp. The highest traps i got from 325rwhp is 110mph and thats about it. I'm adding Long Tubes's headers by next week which will increase the traps 2-3mphs. I hope 3 mphs . Also my fastest run in my sig was done by 245 rsa's and they are known to be very bad tires. Look at the 60ft i got with those tires(not good). Anyways now i have Nittos drag radial 315's on the back and that should easily get me 1.7-1.8 60fts. I just cant wait to try my car again with the LT's and new tires. Thats why im gussing i will be able to run 12.6 at 112-113 with a 1.80ft soon.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:08 AM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

That's cool...good luck, and damn 315's on the back, i bet those things look sweet, ive got a buddy with some 315's on the back of his supra and it scares away people cause those things are so wide....
Old 02-26-2003, 11:23 AM
Racer

hey Zootking...

the reason everyone seems so skeptical is because of what you're claiming. Within a half second is same ball park... the cobra should be trapping almost a full second faster than you, even assuming you can trap at 12.9.

Without your spray, the cobra has considerably more power than you. With the spray, the cobra has even more power than you. Weight advantage goes to cobra. Launch advantage goes to cobra (RWD). Hell, every freaking advantage goes to the cobra... that's probably why everyone seems so skeptical?

That being said, there's a huge difference between you believing that you beat the driver, and you actually believing that your car is FASTER than a cobra with those mods. Not a chance in hell. That, and you believing that your car is FASTER or even comparable to a Z06? Hahaha... that's a straight up joke. Check out the Z06 boards, they've been known to break into the 11's bone stock on stock rubber.

Now, as far as you beating these cars... sure, it *might* have happened. You mention the Roush Stage 3, you didn't beat him, and you didn't race from a dig. Race him from a dig, he would have bitch-slapped you like a little girl.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Instructor

Re: hey Zootking...

Originally posted by numbaonestunna
...there's a huge difference between you believing that you beat the driver, and you actually believing that your car is FASTER than a cobra with those mods. Not a chance in hell.
Race him from a dig, he would have bitch-slapped you like a little girl.
ditto:P
Old 02-26-2003, 01:04 PM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

Numbaonestunna....funny you mention racing from a dig, cause thats what we're gonna do this weekend...also i never said i beat a Stage 3 Roush, we were door to door from 45-145, plus i have that on video...everyone's a magazine racer, and sure his car shouldve beaten the shit out of me, i admitted to that, but on two occasions this didnt happen...im tired of explaining this shit...

Quick Reply: me vs 2001 Cobra w/bolt-on's and 150shot