M rodster SMOKED....next!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 09:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
M rodster SMOKED....next!!!!

I had just picked up a pizza...and low and behold an M rodster...I was directly behind him at a light...he got on it...I followed...i caught the next light ,he hung back ...it changed while i was at a stop and he was still rolling.....anyway we caught the next light...I called over..."ONLY TO ABOUT 60 OR SO!!!" he smiles "alright"...the light turns as he's replying..this happened in an instant but to me looking over it seemed he wasnt even in gear or on his way when the light turned..I was already WOT...I defintely got the jump...pulled through 1st pulled alittle more in 2nd and shut it down...he honked waived ...and i turned around with my pizza in tow as i had gone three lights past my stop to get this guy...IT was worth it best pizza i ever had
P.S. his wide back tires were quite worn so i guess he smokes them alot
Old 10-24-2001, 09:14 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Hey TypeR,
Have you had any tranny issues with your 98 Accord V-6 ? Coupe or Sedan ? I had my tranny go out at 78,000 miles, but HONDA covered it all, since I've ONLY had my Honda dealership service it and they knew I'd file a law suit and win. Anyhoo, just curious ! I still have the car and it run like new !
Old 10-24-2001, 09:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Fabvsix
Hey TypeR,
Have you had any tranny issues with your 98 Accord V-6 ? Coupe or Sedan ? I had my tranny go out at 78,000 miles, but HONDA covered it all, since I've ONLY had my Honda dealership service it and they knew I'd file a law suit and win. Anyhoo, just curious ! I still have the car and it run like new !
...no porblems at all ...it's my wifes car and she has 23K miles on it ...P.S. are you the one i talked to awhile back via email and i told you that some people over at H-A where getting trannys replaced under warranty??? and no probs with my cl either and as you can tell i do drive it
Old 10-24-2001, 09:44 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go faster!!!!!

What up typeR? That is cool that you smoked a M. I got in front of a vette that was trying to race me a while ago, actually he was going slow so i tried to pass him. It was a black Z05, i think it was an automatic. I was in SS, and in 2nd at like 30mph i wasn't WOT. I pulled up beside him to pass and he floored it as i did the same. I heard his engine roar but i got in front of him, probably had to wait for his auto to downshift before he got any real power. Anyway he won the race because he went in the opposing lane as i hit the brakes , because we were going past a park where cops usually sit, and i've had 2 of them chase me from there. I only wish we had as good of brakes as vettes do. They brake like race cars.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:07 PM
Advanced

And this one time i passed a Ferrari F50 and i beat him!!! and this other time i raced a Diablo and i passed him to!! WTF! let's not BS, those M roadsters are very quick on their feet, unless the guy was in fifth at 20mph and gunned it, you did not beat him. What's up with the Z06 story, do you really think you can beat a Z06?? WOW!! Sweet Lead!! I don't mean to be an ass but come on, race someone in your caliber.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:58 PM
Racer

Dave re- read my post...... I think i said it was a Z05 which has about 60 less hp than a Z06, but then i guess a bright guy like you would know that. Also I never said it was a long race, it was probably only from 25 to about 65 or 70. Granted a V-8 LT has much more hp/torque and thus will pull harder in higher gears. he was on my left rear until i hit the brakes, but no doubt if we would have kept racing he would have made up the distance and passed me. Our car is very fast through 2nd and into 3rd. If you don't believe me look at the stock 0-60 time of our car and a 3 series BMW. they beat us by a tenth 0-30, but we beat them by over like 1.4 seconds in total 0-60, that means we make up that tenth in 2nd gear. Unless you are riding in my car with me you just don't know what happens.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by davematthews-CLS
And this one time i passed a Ferrari F50 and i beat him!!!
and this one time at band camp...you stuck a flute in your pussy...

[i]and those M roadsters are very quick on their feet, unless the guy was in fifth at 20mph and gunned it, you did not beat him. [/B]
...you may wanna re-read my post too...just cause you're cool now that you've got your badass s4...i didnt say the knew how to drive matter- of- fact..I did say he might not of even been in gear when the light turned green...but we were both dead stop and we did agree to race...sorta (see post)...and i did somke hime to 80mph...yuo see i raced a SVT lightning and got destroyed i raced an audi TT and got tricked but smoked anyway...I dont care if i loose i dont know these people...it's not for pinkslips...and i dont know you...so i certainly have no reason to lie...I love my car ...i love to drive it...and i love to compare it to other cars in and out of my cars class...win loose or draw...doesnt matter to me...it's all just for fun
Old 10-24-2001, 11:17 PM
Instructor

I'd like to see what 3 series BMW you are talking about. We don't beat any 3 series BMW's by 1.4 seconds. Nothing even close. Not even a 323. Also, whether it is a Z06 or Z05, both would take any CL-S to school unless he forgot and left his parking brake on.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:27 PM
Racer

Amen TypeR .. you speak the truth. and FLtypeS they obviously didn't show you the article when they did a head to head comparison in Motor trend( i think it was Motor trend)
Old 10-24-2001, 11:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by typeR

and this one time at band camp...you stuck a flute in your pussy...

...you may wanna re-read my post too...just cause you're cool now that you've got your badass s4...i didnt say that HE knew how to drive, matter- of- fact..I did say he might not of even been in gear when the light turned green...but we were both dead stop and we did agree to race...sorta (see post)...and i did SMOKE hime to 80mph...you see i've raced an SVT lightning and got destroyed i raced an audi TT and got tricked, but smoked anyway...I dont care if i loose... i dont know these people...it's not for pinkslips...and i dont know you...so i certainly have no reason to lie...I love my car ...i love to drive it...and i love to compare it to other cars in and out of my cars class...win loose or draw...doesnt matter to me...it's all just for fun
...i re posted this because there were some really bad spelling errors in the first and for some reason the board said i could not edit as i could only do so for the first 5 minutes...which hadnt elapsed SOOPA????
Old 10-24-2001, 11:34 PM
Racer

READ CAREFULLY!!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT RACING, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE JUMP. You get a lead with even a lesser car and you might win. My friend races his dad he has a Ford lightning his dad has a lotus. they race to 80 the lotus should have an advantage because of its weight but my friend has won just because of getting the jump on his older dad. He also has a very fast truck that helps. 10.64 1/4 mile. like 470 hp., but his dads car has some mods too.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:33 AM
hater

Ummm..., no.

Where can I get one of them dang 'ole Z05s? Don't you mean C5?
Old 10-25-2001, 08:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: Ummm..., no.

Originally posted by droideka
Where can I get one of them dang 'ole Z05s? Don't you mean C5?
I was thinking the same thing, or maybe a LS1 Vette, but a Z05?? The engine designation for the standard Vette is the LS1. The Z06 engine designation is the LS6.
Old 10-25-2001, 08:33 AM
6 speed...

Originally posted by Ultimac
Dave re- read my post...... I think i said it was a Z05 which has about 60 less hp than a Z06, but then i guess a bright guy like you would know that.
maybe a bright guy like you can explain to us wtf a z05 is...

I bet you beat Z-27's all the time...
Old 10-25-2001, 09:48 AM
Contagious

Re: READ CAREFULLY!!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT RACING, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE JUMP. You get a lead with even a lesser car and you might win. My friend races his dad he has a Ford lightning his dad has a lotus. they race to 80 the lotus should have an advantage because of its weight but my friend has won just because of getting the jump on his older dad. He also has a very fast truck that helps. 10.64 1/4 mile. like 470 hp., but his dads car has some mods too.

OK, now we are getting really, really, I mean really ridiculous. I don't care what you say, there is NO WAY IN HELL that your friend beat a Lotus. The 4 cylinder S4's and S4S's go 0-60 in less than 5 seconds (I think they are in the 4.7-4.9 range) and the new V8 is in the LOW 4 seconds (4.3-4.5 or lower). Unless your friends dad had a heart attack or is hands down the WORST drive in the world (in which case he shouldn't even have a Lotus) there isn't a snowballs chance in hell that your friends Ford Lightning would not even come close to winning the race.

Enough nonsense. I mean really, I just smoked a McLaren F1 on my way to work today.

Wait, I think it was parked.........
Old 10-25-2001, 10:56 AM
Banned

Re: M rodster SMOKED....next!!!!

Originally posted by typeR
ONLY TO ABOUT 60 OR SO!!!" he smiles "alright"...the light turns as he's replying..this happened in an instant but to me looking over it seemed he wasnt even in gear or on his way when the light turned..I was already WOT...I defintely got the jump...pulled through 1st pulled alittle more in 2nd and shut it down...
I'm sitting here trying to think of what car I couldn't "kill" 0-60 if I had the huge holeshot you are describing.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:08 PM
Banned

Re: READ CAREFULLY!!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT RACING, IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE JUMP. You get a lead with even a lesser car and you might win. My friend races his dad he has a Ford lightning .......10.64 1/4 mile. like 470 hp., but his dads car has some mods too.
Ummm...that FORD Lighting isn't running the 1/4 in no 10.64...if you know anything about racing you would know that 470hp isn't going to do it...not to mention the aerodynamics on the lighting make it very hard to push the car past a certain speed....I'm thinking 130 to hit 10s.....even with RWD..
Old 10-25-2001, 12:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Re: Re: M rodster SMOKED....next!!!!

Originally posted by Pull_T

I'm sitting here trying to think of what car I couldn't "kill" 0-60 if I had the huge holeshot you are describing.
this happened in an instant...i didnt mean to get an unfair jump at best one car off the start...but he didnt gain ground he lost ground....plus im not sure about your car but i said to 60 or so well my car ends up at about 75 in second i probablly shut it down at 80...
Old 10-25-2001, 01:00 PM
Banned

TypeR:

Good kill on the M Roadster. A win is a win. If the guy was picking his and looking over at you while you were launching, thats his mistake.

Good Kill!

Also, for the guy who said a 470HP Lightning can run 10s,

Stock 380HP Lightning runs 13.8 - 14.0 in the 1/4 mile. Getting 90 more HP than stock will decrease that by 4 seconds?!?!?

Damn, I think I need a supercharger more than I thought, lets see, heres my math..correct me if I'm wrong:

282HP = 14.0 Seconds (approx.)
400HP (ESS Supercharger) = 9.5 seconds!

Time for a 9 seconds 540i guys! Watch out! I'm coming for ya!

Think before you speak, we seem to know 1 or 2 things about cars and stats too
Old 10-25-2001, 03:13 PM
Contagious

I just got the Z27 joke...........

I am pretty slow today...........

And I totally agree with M5Lite, if the guy is at the light picking his nose with his other thumb up his ass, that's his problem. A kill is a kill.
Old 10-25-2001, 03:49 PM
Banned

I have to disagree with you, M5 Lite...

I did some rough calculations and it would be possible for a 470rwhp Lightning run 10.6:

1st Method:

1) traction
2) somehow trim the vehicle weight down to 1900 lbs or so.

2nd Method:

Run it at a 1000' track

Old 10-25-2001, 04:09 PM
Shalom

That wasn't a race! The guy was obviously fooling around. To say you smoked an M roadster is far fetched!
Old 10-25-2001, 05:31 PM
id
g

hey dave matthews.....how the hell do you have REAR foglights?! wtf? post some pics of that goofy $hit.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:33 PM
6 speed...

Originally posted by id
hey dave matthews.....how the hell do you have REAR foglights?! wtf? post some pics of that goofy $hit.
it never ceases to amaze me what some folks fixate on in these threads...
Old 10-28-2001, 10:18 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by id
in the regular rear lights, you can push a button inside the car and a super intense red light turns on. it's suppose to be for fog but it's great for tailgaters at night.
Old 10-28-2001, 10:32 PM
id
g

Originally posted by davematthews-CLS

in the regular rear lights, you can push a button inside the car and a super intense red light turns on. it's suppose to be for fog but it's great for tailgaters at night.
thats pretty cool....i wish i had some and tankmonkey.....shuttupa you mouth! :pfawk:
Old 10-28-2001, 11:05 PM
6 speed...

Originally posted by id

thats pretty cool....i wish i had some and tankmonkey.....shuttupa you mouth! :pfawk:
I don't know what you're talking about...