lug nuts for SSR comps

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 08:07 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lug nuts for SSR comps

when i had my SSRs taken off for the winter the people at NTB stripped one of the lugnuts. Anyway seeing as it's almost time to put the summer setup back on I need to get replacements. I originally got the rims form tirerack. Any clues?
Old 03-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Are they just acorn lug nuts? Any auto parts store should have them.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

me thinks they are ball radius?

Old 03-21-2004, 02:08 AM
Suzuka Master

It's been a while since I had a close look at them.

If you can wait till Monday:

Call the Wheel Supply: "http://www.thewheelsupply.com/index.jsp" *or* call Tire Rack -- they will help you out!

They also carry SSR now, you could try asking for Sander. He used to carry Zaino and is a really nice guy.

I received some SSR Comp center caps from Tire Rack after my original tire dealer, "XXXX-butt-hole-$8#$@...XX," wimped-out on me and wouldn't help me -- at all. Tire Rack was very helpful.

The set I got with the SSRs -- the ones that replaced the factory parts (I got the wheel lock at the tire dealer) -- really need to be seated well during torque down (even though they have the pseudo-hub centric rim in them. They are "fussy" about being seated and I had to have the wheel shop put some lithium grease on the back side of the nuts to get them to seat well for perfect centering.

Make sure you get the right ones…
Old 03-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by EricL
It's been a while since I had a close look at them.

If you can wait till Monday:

Call the Wheel Supply: "http://www.thewheelsupply.com/index.jsp" *or* call Tire Rack -- they will help you out!

They also carry SSR now, you could try asking for Sander. He used to carry Zaino and is a really nice guy.

I received some SSR Comp center caps from Tire Rack after my original tire dealer, "XXXX-butt-hole-$8#$@...XX," wimped-out on me and wouldn't help me -- at all. Tire Rack was very helpful.

The set I got with the SSRs -- the ones that replaced the factory parts (I got the wheel lock at the tire dealer) -- really need to be seated well during torque down (even though they have the pseudo-hub centric rim in them. They are "fussy" about being seated and I had to have the wheel shop put some lithium grease on the back side of the nuts to get them to seat well for perfect centering.

Make sure you get the right ones…

eric,
yea i'm in no rush. I'll check that website out.. thanks!
Old 03-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Spectacular Aroma About

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zapata
[B]me thinks they are ball radius?

No not ball radius. The stockers are but for the SSRs you will need 12mm 1.5 thread bulge type cone seat. Actually I just bought a set of black ones for mine. PM me if you are interested in the old ones. $20 + shipping for the set.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Xe- For Better Hwy Vision

Re: lug nuts for SSR comps

Originally posted by Zapata
when i had my SSRs taken off for the winter the people at NTB stripped one of the lugnuts. Anyway seeing as it's almost time to put the summer setup back on I need to get replacements. I originally got the rims form tirerack. Any clues?

Zap, Don't buy any

I have some spares in the garage if it's the "NUT" you need and not the studs themselves

you are welcome to have them
Old 03-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Instructor

do not go to the wheel supply. sanders did not want to reimburse some guy CL rims cuz his tech scratched them. the tech dude tried buff it out? thats weak imo.

tech also tried to mount the same flat tire on a solara which he was supposed to replace until my friend asked him which tire was new, and he didn't even know!

more stories, so i don't know, stay away.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by CLŽ
do not go to the wheel supply. sanders did not want to reimburse some guy CL rims cuz his tech scratched them. the tech dude tried buff it out? thats weak imo.

tech also tried to mount the same flat tire on a solara which he was supposed to replace until my friend asked him which tire was new, and he didn't even know!

more stories, so i don't know, stay away.
Things must have gone terribly wrong -- I can only tell you that I have only received top-notch customer service from Sander.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

hey Zapata.

I bought 2 SSR comps from a local guy. He gave me 4 sets of lugnuts.

If you need some, hit me up.

$5995.95 shipped.

Let me know.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Instructor

Things must have gone terribly wrong -- I can only tell you that I have only received top-notch customer service from Sander.
customer service and quality of service is very different. :P

i'm glad things went good for you, but again, you probably didn't have your car worked on there! ALSO if you saw their mom and pop business which are run by college kids, you'd know to stay away! no wonder they keep messing up.

TIRERACK has always been good to me for wheel products.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by CLŽ
customer service and quality of service is very different. :P

i'm glad things went good for you, but again, you probably didn't have your car worked on there! ALSO if you saw their mom and pop business which are run by college kids, you'd know to stay away! no wonder they keep messing up.

TIRERACK has always been good to me for wheel products.
I've dealt with Sander for a number of years. I was getting Zaino from him and he went way overboard -- including hand delivering products -- to keep me and other referrals happy. That's why I'm surprised to see your comments. He even lost money on samples just to keep me set up and happy when no other stock was available. That only covers a small taste of the good deeds he did.

I haven't visited the new shop. I've also talked to some other folks who seem to think they got good treatment and service.

You say that customer service and quality of service are two different issues *and* then you say this (among other things in other threads):

DO NOT. .
DO NOT go to

www.thewheelsupply.com

sanders is a prick with his knuckle head mechanics, i know two people who have been screwed already! just warning you.

The next time I'm in the area, I'm certainly going to check it out. Normally, with Santa Monica Acura, Alhambra, and a few other "joints", I wait to get reports from more than one person and/or member. I've even seen very good places really muck-up a job, and it was how they made it right that influenced my view of the place. (IOW, does the management like to have dirt cheap slaves destroy cars just for the heck of it and hope that enough advertising will overwhelm the negative comments generated from pissed-off customers *OR* do they just throw up their hands when they realize that someone can’t be placated when they’ve made it clear that they will curse them till the end of time and tell everyone they know that they are losers and should burn in hell…)

BTW, Tire Rack covered my ass when the owner at Washington Tire wouldn't handle my SSR center cap toss-off issues. (The owner, Little Bill (yes, think "Unforgiven"), went on a 10-minute phone tirade and basically said, "Your a really nice guy, but I'm not making enough money and you're taking too much of my time (20 minutes?), so get your stuff somewhere else I DON'T HAVE TIME TO FUCK AROUND WITH YOUR STUPID WHEELS AND I'M ALREADY LOSING TOO MUCH MONEY ON THEM ANYWAY; I'm sending the parts I got to you and you sort it out yourself...") (The parts he sent me were for a 13" wheel and there was a bolt for a slot car -- or something) I simply told him that he wouldn't see me ever again, and called Tire Rack and explained the situation. Tire Rack called the distributor and we all got together and solved the problem. Tire Rack is top notch. They sent me new center caps, and the distributor sent me high-temp O-rings. Every purchase we've gotten from Tire Rack has been excellent. (Don't be surprised to find people that have had bad experiences with Tire Rack.)
Old 03-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Instructor

like i said before, i'm sure you had a good 'zaino' experience, but you never had your car worked on there, you never had experience with the staff, SO that is why i say to stay away (i don't know what quoting me proves, only to prove my point and that you're a exhibiting stalker qualities ).

ALL you have to do is go to their store to find out how their business is set up, see the people AND also talk to people who got their car worked on there, not just buy some polish! btw i love zaino and my cl!

one CL related story: my friend brings his car to get tires installed for his CL at the wheel supply. first, all the people that work there go to Mt. Sac or Cal Poly Pomona, so that's already turn off #1. would you trust your car with kids that are half as knowledgeable as yourself? #2, it really isnt a shop at all, its about the size of a two bedroom apartment including the one tiny bay, and a ps2 in the front to keep the ricers getting their car worked on happy. #3 6 hours to mount tires, thats rediculous. #4 mechanic fvcked up on several different occasions on serveral different cars! trust me!

so the mechanic installs the tires and as my friend checks the tires, he notices all the rims are scuffed from the mounting machine, but can't really tell because its already 8 oclock and he brought in his car at 2! so he drives to the gas station, and guess what ALL THE RIMS ARE SCRATCHED by the mounting machine. he calls them immediately, and says all his rims are scratched, and Sanders picks up and says crap like 'it never happens' must of 'ran into a curb' and 'you're trying to scam us'. yeah right buddy. how is it possible its going to be the same marks on all 4 rims, and they are fresh marks too. and Sanders hangs up on him! so my buddy calls him back to get it fixed, rightfully of course, and this time he's yelling that its crap and to have his mechanic look at it. so he might have been nice to you, like he was at first to my buddy, but total jerk when trying to fix something his company has done!

i go to my friends house to check it out, and i must say, my friend keeps his car CLEAN and he's a freak that parks OUTTA the way to prevent anything happening to his car, and all of a sudden scratches around ALL four of the rim show up? bvllshift.

naturally, he goes early next morning to get his rims fixed hoping to be quick cuz he's with his MOM to visit some other family. so the mechanic isn't in yet, and by the time the mechanic comes into the work, he sees my buddy outside, and the car. the machanic says YES the rims are messed up by the machine, but he'll have to ask Sanders about repairing them. my buddy shows all the college coworkers and they all are like 'oh man' we'll have to ask Sanders.

so they all knew by this time that they fvcked up the rims. Sanders comes to work and starts yelling that its not his fault, its not his company fault, says 'so sue me' and yelling at his MOM for a good 2 hours. how can a person raise their voice to someones else's MOTHER is beyond me. then the machanic tries to buff it out?!? also one of the coworkers says the piece on the machine is plastic how can it scratch it? so they dismount the rim and they don't even try to mount it back on the machine - remove the tire - mount it back on because they know it'll mess up the rim again BUT they try instead to buff it out. all of this is bvllshlt.

sorry, but its like having your car at the body shop BodyPros in Garden Grove. they did good work a couple times, but ask ANYONE who has recently gotten their car worked on over there, and they'll give you a story or two.

btw. IRA at http://www.lazaino.com/ has always been good and nice at delivering Zaino products. all i am saying is i support business who treat the customers right, even when things go wrong!

i understand you wait from a few members to experience a business before establishing an opinion on them, and i have experienced that already with several friends, not online members, thats why i know to stay away.

I've dealt with Sander for a number of years. I was getting Zaino from him and he went way overboard -- including hand delivering products -- to keep me and other referrals happy. That's why I'm surprised to see your comments. He even lost money on samples just to keep me set up and happy when no other stock was available. That only covers a small taste of the good deeds he did.

I haven't visited the new shop. I've also talked to some other folks who seem to think they got good treatment and service.

You say that customer service and quality of service are two different issues *and* then you say this (among other things in other threads):

The next time I'm in the area, I'm certainly going to check it out. Normally, with Santa Monica Acura, Alhambra, and a few other "joints", I wait to get reports from more than one person and/or member. I've even seen very good places really muck-up a job, and it was how they made it right that influenced my view of the place. (IOW, does the management like to have dirt cheap slaves destroy cars just for the heck of it and hope that enough advertising will overwhelm the negative comments generated from pissed-off customers *OR* do they just throw up their hands when they realize that someone can’t be placated when they’ve made it clear that they will curse them till the end of time and tell everyone they know that they are losers and should burn in hell…)

BTW, Tire Rack covered my ass when the owner at Washington Tire wouldn't handle my SSR center cap toss-off issues. (The owner, Little Bill (yes, think "Unforgiven"), went on a 10-minute phone tirade and basically said, "Your a really nice guy, but I'm not making enough money and you're taking too much of my time (20 minutes?), so get your stuff somewhere else I DON'T HAVE TIME TO FUCK AROUND WITH YOUR STUPID WHEELS AND I'M ALREADY LOSING TOO MUCH MONEY ON THEM ANYWAY; I'm sending the parts I got to you and you sort it out yourself...") (The parts he sent me were for a 13" wheel and there was a bolt for a slot car -- or something) I simply told him that he wouldn't see me ever again, and called Tire Rack and explained the situation. Tire Rack called the distributor and we all got together and solved the problem. Tire Rack is top notch. They sent me new center caps, and the distributor sent me high-temp O-rings. Every purchase we've gotten from Tire Rack has been excellent. (Don't be surprised to find people that have had bad experiences with Tire Rack.)
Old 03-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by CLŽ
like i said before, i'm sure you had a good 'zaino' experience, but you never had your car worked on there, you never had experience with the staff, SO that is why i say to stay away (i don't know what quoting me proves, only to prove my point and that you're a exhibiting stalker qualities ).
I'm a mega mod. By looking over posts I've found more than my share of bogus information. We get to do that here. If you feel like you're being stalked, by having your posts looked at, you might consider that some "bashing" is NOT "agenda free." If anything, you don't see me removing your posts or calling you a liar -- hey? And, as you mentioned, you now have even more space for your negative reviews. What's so bad about that?

ALL you have to do is go to their store to find out how their business is set up, see the people AND also talk to people who got their car worked on there, not just buy some polish! btw i love zaino and my cl!
Having someone accommodate a number of members and friends at odd hours and times on numerous occasions may seem different to you, but at least in my mind, Sander went way overboard helping me and other folks -- sometimes at a loss. Business is business. It doesn't matter if you're selling toothpaste or superchargers. If you burn enough people, it gets around.

one CL related story: my friend brings his car to get tires installed for his CL at the wheel supply. first, all the people that work there go to Mt. Sac or Cal Poly Pomona, so that's already turn off #1. would you trust your car with kids that are half as knowledgeable as yourself? #2, it really isnt a shop at all, its about the size of a two bedroom apartment including the one tiny bay, and a ps2 in the front to keep the ricers getting their car worked on happy. #3 6 hours to mount tires, thats rediculous. #4 mechanic fvcked up on several different occasions on serveral different cars! trust me!
RE: So, you're saying that all people that go to Mt. SAC or Cal Poly Pomona are morons/dimwits? (I sure hope we are not heading off to college stereotyping land.)

RE: Small shops with only one tiny bay == bad sign? (I guess the mechanics I knew that did excellent/flawless work in small places with one lift were losers.)

RE: Mechanics that are not engineers or take pride in their work -- head off and check out my rants on some of the places and people I've seen doing lame stuff.

RE: 6-hours to mount tires. Well, that is truly pathetic. I’d think you could build a set of custom tools to do the job in that amount of time.

so the mechanic installs the tires and as my friend checks the tires, he notices all the rims are scuffed from the mounting machine, but can't really tell because its already 8 oclock and he brought in his car at 2! so he drives to the gas station, and guess what ALL THE RIMS ARE SCRATCHED by the mounting machine. he calls them immediately, and says all his rims are scratched, and Sanders picks up and says crap like 'it never happens' must of 'ran into a curb' and 'you're trying to scam us'. yeah right buddy. how is it possible its going to be the same marks on all 4 rims, and they are fresh marks too. and Sanders hangs up on him! so my buddy calls him back to get it fixed, rightfully of course, and this time he's yelling that its crap and to have his mechanic look at it. so he might have been nice to you, like he was at first to my buddy, but total jerk when trying to fix something his company has done!

i go to my friends house to check it out, and i must say, my friend keeps his car CLEAN and he's a freak that parks OUTTA the way to prevent anything happening to his car, and all of a sudden scratches around ALL four of the rim show up? bvllshift.

naturally, he goes early next morning to get his rims fixed hoping to be quick cuz he's with his MOM to visit some other family. so the mechanic isn't in yet, and by the time the mechanic comes into the work, he sees my buddy outside, and the car. the machanic says YES the rims are messed up by the machine, but he'll have to ask Sanders about repairing them. my buddy shows all the college coworkers and they all are like 'oh man' we'll have to ask Sanders.

so they all knew by this time that they fvcked up the rims. Sanders comes to work and starts yelling that its not his fault, its not his company fault, says 'so sue me' and yelling at his MOM for a good 2 hours. how can a person raise their voice to someones else's MOTHER is beyond me. then the machanic tries to buff it out?!? also one of the coworkers says the piece on the machine is plastic how can it scratch it? so they dismount the rim and they don't even try to mount it back on the machine - remove the tire - mount it back on because they know it'll mess up the rim again BUT they try instead to buff it out. all of this is bvllshlt.
Well, that sounds pretty f*cked up. And, yes the plastic can scratch the rim if they don't put enough lube on. (A common occurance and members report this often enough. I had mine scratched -- and it was from not using sufficient lube.)

2 hours of yelling over scratched rims. I'd pay to see that.

btw. IRA at http://www.lazaino.com/ has always been good and nice at delivering Zaino products. all i am saying is i support business who treat the customers right, even when things go wrong!
Yes, I know. I just bought more stuff from Ira. Very reliable with "fresh" product and excellent service.

i understand you wait from a few members to experience a business before establishing an opinion on them, and i have experienced that already with several friends, not online members, thats why i know to stay away.
On this point we are in total accord.

To put things in perspective: if you had been dealing with someone who had a 100% record of being honest, reliable, and bent backwards to treat you, members, and your friends well, I’ll bet you would want to know more too.
Old 03-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Instructor

To put things in perspective: if you had been dealing with someone who had a 100% record of being honest, reliable, and bent backwards to treat you, members, and your friends well, I’ll bet you would want to know more too.
i can tell you've never been there, so that is why you don't know about The Wheel Supply that much. you've probably just talked on the phone about buying Zaino products. well they have two mechanics, and they have one mechanic working there throughout the day. one of them messes up alot, and the other one supposedly does better work. well, my buddy got the one that 'does better'. hah. what a joke. even if he does better, he still fcuked up the CL, and he still got treated like sh*t by the owner, Sanders.

there are alot more problems to arise with installation of rims, tires, and suspension at the wheel supply than buying a bottled product like zaino. also, definately not 100% record. check out the BBB (http://www.labbb.org/scripts/cgiip.e...ID=1&hAddrID=1), they didn't even respond to the complaint. so much for customer satisfaction.

also i can ask a solara guy that had his flat tire mounted, a directional tire not installed the correct way, etc. to talk more about the problems at the wheel supply if you'd like.

NO RESPECT = NO BUSINESS. period.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by CLŽ

Also i can ask a solara guy that had his flat tire mounted, a directional tire not installed the correct way, etc. to talk more about the problems at the wheel supply if you'd like.
Have the Solara guy supply the information. I would like to know.