lost to a saturn!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zander916
And Cl's look like an upscaled Thunderbird......

And cobalts look like a low class RSX.....really low class

everyone has different opinions.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Instructor

And Cl's look like an upscaled Thunderbird......
If you are going off that they are long, have two doors, a trunk, a hood, two headlights, a grille, and four wheels.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GRNMCHN03cl
If you are going off that they are long, have two doors, a trunk, a hood, two headlights, a grille, and four wheels.
minus the four wheels, they look nothing alike.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:50 AM
¿baCon?

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^ both silver??? i dont see any similarities, one looks asian, w/ little headlights, the other looks american w/ big headlights aka round eye.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:13 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AnthraciteBeast
And cobalts look like a low class RSX.....really low class

everyone has different opinions.

Actually until this August when I bought the Cobalt I drove an Acura RSX Type-S...

I was trying to be nice and respectful until you all became asses.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:16 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GRNMCHN03cl
They look quite a bit a like. Just the lines... wheel arches.. etc.

What's sad is my RSX-S which was lightly modded mopped the floor with a TL-S and CL-S.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:18 AM
¿baCon?

^^ wife had an rsx-s before i bought her the mdx... my cl-s would pwn that thing.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 AM
i am so smart S M R T

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They look quite a bit a like. Just the lines... wheel arches.. etc.

What's sad is my RSX-S which was lightly modded mopped the floor with a TL-S and CL-S.
what is lightly modded?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 01clsstock
what is lightly modded?
Intake, exhaust, tune, A-spec suspension, strut tower bars, JDM rear sway, slotted rotors, racing pads.... I think that's it...

Pretty much with either the CL-S or TL-S it was a pretty tight race until around 90 or 100 where I would just walk off pretty hard. I actually see the guy quite a bit and talked to him. He didn't let off. Oh.. and one of the new Maxima's too. Pretty much the same thing. Those K motors breathe very very well.
Now he has a Speed6.

What's more, is my Cobalt (08 SS/TC) with just a tune would smoke my RSX, definitely out brake it particularly at higher speeds, and handle at least as well. Although the steering response in the RSX was nuts.

Call BS.. call whatever you want.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:31 AM
¿baCon?

I've driven that car (RSX-S) for months, you wouldnt "walk off" from much at 100mph. Especially if racing a competitive V6. And your cobalt is still a girls car. It may "walk off" from my CL, but at least I wont tip over if theres a slight breeze, be confused for a jelly belly, or be envied by little school girls.

game over

Last edited by swoleCL; 11-21-2008 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by swoleCL
I've driven that car (RSX-S) for months, you wouldnt "walk off" from much at 100mph. Especially if racing a competitive V6. And your cobalt is still a girls car. It may "walk off" from my CL, but at least I wont tip over if theres a slight breeze, be confused for a jelly belly, or be envied by little school girls.

game over
Ha ha.. tip over. Yeah right. You wouldn't hang in the straights or the twisties. Point is... OP lost to a Saturn. I speak truth, you get butthurt... have to slam my car.

Flame on son.... I'll be around but not in this thread. You can't give credit where it's due. I like the Cl... just not as a "sporty" car.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:32 AM
¿baCon?

Im just saying you didnt be a CL-S in an RSX...... and you're running away from the thread as you so elegantly put it... so I must be right.
Should've known there'd be a CL-S and RSX-S owner in these threads somewhere.
And we werent talking about slalom racing, you implied drag racing... if your doing tight turns and "twisties" at 100+mph as you said I would love to see it.
I'm sure you'd come up w/ another cool situation like how you beat a bugatti or enzo in your cobalt

I understand not calling the CL a "sporty" car. If you are calling the cobalt a sporty car you should be slapped w/ a stick of salami. Its an economy car my friend. At least acura is interchangable w/ luxury. I.E stock heated seats/h.i.ds.

Last edited by swoleCL; 11-21-2008 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Intermediate

Im just saying you didnt be a CL-S in an RSX...... and you're running away from the thread as you so elegantly put it... so I must be right.
And we werent talking about slalom racing, you implied drag racing... if your doing tight turns and "twisties" at 100+mph as you said I would love to see it.
I'm sure you'd come up w/ another cool situation like how you beat a bugatti or enzo in your cobalt

I understand not calling the CL a "sporty" car. If you are calling the cobalt a sporty car you should be slapped w/ a stick of salami. Its an economy car my friend. At least acura is interchangable w/ luxury. I.E stock heated seats/h.i.ds.

Oooook... this is the last time. For real this time... For one, you took two completely different things and combined them. I mentioned the "above 100" referring to the RSX vs. CL subject. I mentioned straights and twisties on the Cobalt subject. At no point ever did I mention drifting especially at over 100mph.
So please... don't take a bunch of information and quotes and arrange it how you want it to look.

Now, here is something to ponder. I know there are variables and drivers and etc. etc. This argument could go on forever.

Here is a real world, actual 1/4 time for a stock CL-S 6 speed. (I know someone may have a faster time and you know what? Someone probably has a slower one too)
http://www.dragtimes.com/Acura-CL-Timeslip-12853.html

Here is one of an RSX-S with intake and Hondata relfash. (I also had exhaust on mine and mine was also a 2003 if that matters to you)
http://www.dragtimes.com/Acura-RSX-Timeslip-2900.html

VERY similar times. So... even if you choose to be so stubborn as to not admit it. I believe I've just proven it to be POSSIBLE that a lightly modded RSX-S COULD beat a stock CL-S.

Also to note... that CL-S that I raced could have been an auto for all I know. I didn't ask. I just know that he said I had a nice car, he was impressed, and that he didn't let off.
We raced later when he got his MS6...(I still had the RSX) that was a bit of different story. lol

Last edited by Zander916; 11-22-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow gentlemen these are some hard words - time for some Wii boxing, or do they have Wii racing?
Old 11-23-2008, 04:57 AM
¿baCon?

Oooook... this is the last time. For real this time... For one, you took two completely different things and combined them. I mentioned the "above 100" referring to the RSX vs. CL subject. I mentioned straights and twisties on the Cobalt subject. At no point ever did I mention drifting especially at over 100mph.
So please... don't take a bunch of information and quotes and arrange it how you want it to look.

Now, here is something to ponder. I know there are variables and drivers and etc. etc. This argument could go on forever.

Here is a real world, actual 1/4 time for a stock CL-S 6 speed. (I know someone may have a faster time and you know what? Someone probably has a slower one too)
http://www.dragtimes.com/Acura-CL-Timeslip-12853.html

Here is one of an RSX-S with intake and Hondata relfash. (I also had exhaust on mine and mine was also a 2003 if that matters to you)
http://www.dragtimes.com/Acura-RSX-Timeslip-2900.html

VERY similar times. So... even if you choose to be so stubborn as to not admit it. I believe I've just proven it to be POSSIBLE that a lightly modded RSX-S COULD beat a stock CL-S.

Also to note... that CL-S that I raced could have been an auto for all I know. I didn't ask. I just know that he said I had a nice car, he was impressed, and that he didn't let off.
We raced later when he got his MS6...(I still had the RSX) that was a bit of different story. lol

I do know the RSX-S definitely has the weight advantage on her side.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Originally Posted by monkeybutt
Wow gentlemen these are some hard words - time for some Wii boxing, or do they have Wii racing?
Wii boxing? i wana be the guy with the fro!