Lost to a Camaro SS......

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 06:37 PM
What to do, what to think

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Lost to a Camaro SS......

Last night around 1am just finish eating at a restaurant in chinatown with my cousin who I hardly get to hang with for a while. After we left the restaurant, I decided to cruise for a bit so we conversate to catch up on things. On canal and Archer we stopped at a red light (if you guys know where that is in chicago) some camaro pulls up next to me on the right, the dude looks at me with this cocky look in his face revs his rpm and so i decided to run him well the hell right but I shouldn't be street racing, my cousin encouraged to me to do so . the lights turn green and I launched pretty well from 1 - 3 gear with two cars ahead of the camaro with my eyes on the rearveiw mirror. Just about close to 75mph red-lining at 6700rpm on 3rd gear the camaro sudden guns it quick! passing me like no tomorrow. I can hear this "hisssssing" sound coming out of his car as soon as he passed me so I tried hard to keep up after I drop my gear to 4th and it was already 100mph going on a small two lane urban street. I slowed down and gave up on the camaro, he was more than 6 cars away from me....both of us came to a stop at a red. I went to next to the camaro and wanted to give him a . but this ass looks at me and my cousin and said "you asian ricers shouldn't be driving or messin with american cars" looks at us all hard and shi#t and guns it running through a red light (where are the police when you need them wish the bastard got caught running through a red light). I was like what a bastard and second whats wrong with asian people? I bet he's out and about crusin in chinatown looking for races and messin with asian peeps with import cars, thats not cool at all. my cousin got affended from that bastards comment in the carmaro. oh well I accept the lost, karama who hit that guy in the camaro big time someday. Too bad my cousin didn't bring out his STI w/ upgraded garret turbo last night.....

How many hp's does the camaro SS have? LT1 also? the "hissssing" sounded like NOS or force induction....I don't know....
I only got h/i/e/b-pipe. I got smoked really bad with that SS worst then my friends 350z stock.....
Old 07-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Advanced

this post caught my eye...crazy that i saw this...cause just today coming home from work, i was following this one guy at work..was driving his camaro ss...we came up to a stop light...he looked over..and i knew it was on....almost identical story as yours...i had him at the start..then he just took off and blew my ass away...damn...i not looking forward to going to work tomorrow and hearing him brag and talk shit
Old 07-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Pro

those SS's are pretty damn fast..i believe they run 13s stock easily. and as for that ignorant comment, let them be..there is a ring of truth that american muscle is somethin not to mess with, but he should at least acknowledge that there are some insanely fast japanese cars. u shoulda thrown a rock at his car
Old 07-20-2005, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by robeaneee
those SS's are pretty damn fast..i believe they run 13s stock easily. and as for that ignorant comment, let them be..there is a ring of truth that american muscle is somethin not to mess with, but he should at least acknowledge that there are some insanely fast japanese cars. u shoulda thrown a rock at his car
for real man...... I've should've thrown a rock at him but oh well you'll definitely find those ignorant onces of course can't believe he called me a "ricer" CL-S = no way in my world
Old 07-20-2005, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by ryanG007
this post caught my eye...crazy that i saw this...cause just today coming home from work, i was following this one guy at work..was driving his camaro ss...we came up to a stop light...he looked over..and i knew it was on....almost identical story as yours...i had him at the start..then he just took off and blew my ass away...damn...i not looking forward to going to work tomorrow and hearing him brag and talk shit
hmmmm wonder if we were equipped with the supercharger......will we be able to take the SS?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:20 PM
drop em like its hot

s/c+hbp on 6speed, i woud be surprised if the answer is no. theoretically that should be a 12 second car with i/h/e-cutout.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by CL FWD SPEED
hmmmm wonder if we were equipped with the supercharger......will we be able to take the SS?
i believe that if you were properly equipped with the s/c coupled with high boost pulley, IC, and all the possible bolt ons, you should be able to hang with, if not beat an SS if he's just an average driver. no guarantees that u will win, because like i said those suckers are monsters..pretty sure it should be reasonably close though. that being said, just keep in mind he's driving in a plastic cockpit with next to zero amenities. i'd probably be more comfortable sitting on rocks
Old 07-20-2005, 10:54 PM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by ryanG007
So you work w/ this dude? This guy needs to run all motor, or one of the SC boys and shut the hell up.

Sucks to hear you had to run into such an asshat dude. I bet camaro forums are lighting up with "OMG RICER TRIED TO RUN MY AMERICAN MUSCLE MOOONNNNSTER" threads all over the place.

Whatever. I'm crossing my fingers for you. I hope this guy flips his fucking car trying to race a tercel.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Intermediate

Screw the lost race man. What an asshole that guys was. Fucking white trash punk. yuck: My girl friend is Japanese American and I can tell you that if anyone said anything like that to her or her family, I would gladly sacrifice my Acura into the side of the punks car and pull the MF'er out and beat the shit out of him... Aikido style!
Old 07-21-2005, 01:19 AM

After he ran the red. I was really pissed. but in about half a minute suddenly I cooled down, just a random race from public I was thinking. oh well I accepted the lost camaro SS with 13's was new to me...just like I said earlier i hope karama will hit that guy in the camaro SS big time....not because I lost to him, it was what he commented to me and my cousin that night....just the principle about it. Yes I got affended also because I'm asian. but I believe there's no point of getting angry or stoopin up to his level from what my Polish neighbor said to me
Old 07-21-2005, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Drewster
Screw the lost race man. What an asshole that guys was. Fucking white trash punk. yuck: My girl friend is Japanese American and I can tell you that if anyone said anything like that to her or her family, I would gladly sacrifice my Acura into the side of the punks car and pull the MF'er out and beat the shit out of him... Aikido style!

agreed I felt like that way right as soon as he ran the red hahaha
Old 07-21-2005, 01:47 AM
Racer

The SS use to have 10 more HP than the Vette
Old 07-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't take it so bad on the loss those suckers stock put out 325 hp and if he did throw a supercharger in there he is definately over 400 hp.. The comment shows serious immaturity and dont worry in the winter he'll probably wrap it around a tree.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Don't take it so bad on the loss those suckers stock put out 325 hp and if he did throw a supercharger in there he is definately over 400 hp.. The comment shows serious immaturity and dont worry in the winter he'll probably wrap it around a tree.

hahaha, thanks everyone for your positive input making my day brighter
Old 07-21-2005, 11:26 AM
noodles tastes good.

...his days are numbered if he continues to make comments like that.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by n00dleboy
...his days are numbered if he continues to make comments like that.
Shit, his days are numbered just for being a total ass that's just tryin to start shit with people. Don't worry, his ass will mess with the wrong person one of these days and he probably won't be walking away. There is no place for comments like that or people like that. People are people period. It doesn't matter if they're black, white, asian, indian, etc... they are still PEOPLE. Don't take it to heart man, there's just a bunch of cocks out there like this guy and one day, he'll get his. Maybe he'll end up in jail and be some big black guy's bitch...then maybe he'll change his thoughts on racism (if he doesn't get killed first).

As far as the other forums go, I know of civics, integras, and pretty much every other type of import that can toast a camaro, mustang, and some that can crush Z06 vettes. I'm not too big of a fan of most ricer cars, but if they're done right, they can crush those V8s w/out them having a clue what they got beat by or how. That's the best part! One of my friends has a stock looking 95 neon r/t w/ pistons, header, exhaust, turbo(pushing around 12 pounds boost i think) that smoked a brand new mustang GT on the highway and definitely pissed that guy off. I'd be jacked too if i bought a new mustang for $25k and got smoked by a shitty looking neon. My main complaint with most people who drive modern "muscle cars" is their attitude. They're almost always cocky as hell, and most of them have no reason to be.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice death, those LS1s aren't to be taken lightly.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:07 PM
563hp daily

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've beat bunch of Transmaros from the roll and some were loud as hell . They are serious machines when modded, however. As far as comments, just ignore stupidity.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:44 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 02AV6
I've beat bunch of Transmaros from the roll and some were loud as hell . They are serious machines when modded, however. As far as comments, just ignore stupidity.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:02 PM

Received 999 Likes on 650 Posts
^ isn't that an accord?
Old 07-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 03silvertypeS
...As far as the other forums go, I know of civics, integras, and pretty much every other type of import that can toast a camaro, mustang, and some that can crush Z06 vettes. I'm not too big of a fan of most ricer cars, but if they're done right, they can crush those V8s w/out them having a clue what they got beat by or how. That's the best part!
You talk like all camaros, vettes, stangs, etc are always stock and never modded. What you say might be true if these imports are seriously modded and the v8s are stock or close too.......some of us v8 guys have blowers too.

It's too bad the guy was an ahole about the kill....no reason for that. I like all cars that are done up nice.......I can do w/out the big wings, ridiculous paintjobs, and super huge fart cans.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:53 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by SilverCL97
^ isn't that an accord?
, *hint* his username - 02AV6 (02 Accord V6)
Old 07-22-2005, 07:30 AM
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
[QUOTE=fiveoh-tl]You talk like all camaros, vettes, stangs, etc are always stock and never modded. What you say might be true if these imports are seriously modded and the v8s are stock or close too.......some of us v8 guys have blowers too.

Yeah, i feel you on that one, but most of the people that i know that have performance mods done to their V8s tend to be more respectful towards others that are putting performance mods on imports & other non muscle cars (when done properly). My little reply was getting a lot longer than planned and i was at work when I was writing it so i had to wrap it up. I'm also w/ you on liking all cars when done right, yeah, i'm the exact same way. I just hate seeing stock cars w/ tail lights and aluminum wings that are bigger than the car (most still with stock hub caps as well). As far as modding/racing go, i love it as long as it's all in good fun and kept safe, the last thing i wanna hear about is another kid dying trying to show off in a car he can't handle.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:31 AM
nothing

that reminds me back in may at the OC classic car show and cruise my brother and i were coming up to a red light driving his/our "project integra LS-t". this guy in a real clean black '99-'00 camaro ss with a sick sounding exhaust was next to us and started asking if "that was a front mount intake we had on our lil' vtak honda" laughing at us saying he liked our "bling rims" (17" konig imagines). the light turned green and we rolled out to about 10-15mph then both cars took off, the guy got us for a split second because of his slicks (everybody drives on them that weekend) but as soon the turbo hit full boost ~4800 we just went right by him. at 75-80 we were 1-1.5 cars ahead just smiling when he got next to us. he was cool about it though, probably cuz we were a lot bigger then him, but he gave us a thumbs up, laughing saying he didnt know "vtaks" could actually be fast and that he was looking for us in his rear view mirror when he took off...oh, and he got a puzzled look on his face when we told him we dont have any "vtak", just a stock nonvtak motor with a big turbo.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
guy is obviously a red neck moron, but whatever, you or anyone shouldn't care about losing. They got huge engines, you are basically going in with nothing to lose, they are "supposed" to win. Just as long as you hang for a little while.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Sounds like he hit the nitrous when he realized he was going to lose.

F*ckin' loser though.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by 02AV6

Hey I've seen your car at Garage Kwai benson was conviencing me to get the blower
Old 07-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Trailblazer = SUCK

well at least your car isnt ugly as piss. all camaros should come with a flip down mullet primper and gas scented air fresheners....
Old 07-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by CL FWD SPEED
I was like what a bastard and second whats wrong with asian people? I bet he's out and about crusin in chinatown looking for races and messin with asian peeps with import cars, thats not cool at all. my cousin got affended from that bastards comment in the carmaro. oh well I accept the lost, karama who hit that guy in the camaro big time someday. Too bad my cousin didn't bring out his STI w/ upgraded garret turbo last night.....
I'd blow his lame comment off to ignorance and such . . . I'm white and I would get smart ass comments about my driving a non-American car from guys I knew up there. Well if they don't like it tough they should build better cars.

Ruf
Old 07-22-2005, 11:10 PM
TQ > MPG

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I find alot of LS1 owners to be pricks, but then again some are very cool. There are dousche bags in every type of car, just try to ignore them.

Nice death tho, sounds like he had FI if you heard a rush of air.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:26 PM
Racer

camaro SS

... can run 13.0 or even just barely dip into the 12's. Doubtful that it had either nitrous or turbo, because the LS1 5.7L is too high compression for a turbo, and frankly, you can just get way better power out of headers and a cam. LS1 Camaros are good for 11's easy with your a little motor work...

It's good to know (and be realistic!) about your competition. The properly running Camaro SS driven with equal drivers will dust 99.99% of all Acura-CL Type S, and will even beat at least 9/10 blown CL-s bone stock. Sorry if that offends you, but that's just the way it is.

That being said, that guy sounds like a prick. Dont' let it rile you, there are dicks all over.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:22 PM
TQ > MPG

Yeah they are quick, but most people run mid 13's stock, it takes a GREAT driver, perfect weather, and a badass track to pull low low 13's or high 12's with it stock. Put on a lid & exhaust and they are pretty close to 12's on the norm.

And you can do turbo/sc/nitrous on the LS1's pretty easy, you just have to watch for detonation and not go crazy with the boost. They are 10:1 (Ibelieve) stock, so its not like they are any higher compression than the J32, which everyone has succesfully put FI on. With FI the comp ratio isnt really as important as the tune & the strength of the internals. A couple months back a mustang mag did a bunch of dyno runs between a low comp (like 8.5:1) vs a high comp (like 10.5:1) 5.0L. They both had forged internals and the higher comp engine consistently made better power & had better low end tq than the low comp engine.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Racer

I "think" it's 10.2:1... yeah, you can put nitrous/turbo, but most people I've seen at the track don't. If they want to do something, they'll put a lid on, or a cam. I've seen nitrous on one, but never a turbo. Again, it *could* be done, but most people really don't do it. And as far as Camaros in the 12's, I've seen plenty at the track (Milan) run in the low low 13's (13.0-13.2) but have not personally seen a stock one dip into the 12's.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:01 PM
TQ > MPG

I know they can, and some do, but thats not exactly the norm, especially for a not-so spectacular track like Milan.

BTW I beat a stock 96 Z28 auto yesterday at Milan, ran a 14.0 @ 98mph to his 15.9 @ 90mph. :lol:
Old 08-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Pro

are z28's that slow? i was under the impression that they were capable of high 13's as well. or maybe because it was auto?
Old 08-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jtkz13
I know they can, and some do, but thats not exactly the norm, especially for a not-so spectacular track like Milan.

BTW I beat a stock 96 Z28 auto yesterday at Milan, ran a 14.0 @ 98mph to his 15.9 @ 90mph. :lol:
This is well off the norm. Something was wrong with that car. They run about 13.9-14.1 stock.

And whats with all the hating of Camaros. I'm a proud owner of a 1987 IROC-Z and 2001 CL-S. Both are great cars. The thing i love about the camaro is 13.8 in the quarter, .92g on the skidpad, 340 lbs of torque, and I've even won a few car shows with it. Sorry guys but the CL isn't this kind of car. The CL is great cruiser, daily driver, whatever, and I love it to death, but fwd=no race car. And the camaro gets stored for the winter months. I agree not all camaro owners are of the highest class, but neither are all CL or import owners.

BTW LS1 cars run anywhere from 12.9-13.5 stock around here, six speed that is.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm sure he'll get his ass kicked by a fast import one of these days. "You white trash redneck punks should know better than to mess with fast imports. Park that piece of shit at home."

I'm just joking. I'm a fan of the F-body and the LS1.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:13 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If it were a stock Lt1, off the line he should have eaten you, those things make crazy torque. If it were an LS1 there is no way, unless he sucked at life that you can pull on him 2 car lenghts off the line. I raced a member's i/h/e CL-S and murdered him off the line by quite a few cars.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Racer

you should...

Originally Posted by Joe5.0

go to Milan during a sponsored event (last I went to was Eaton sponsored). Usually the more serious drag racers go out there with their mildly - super modded cars. Let's just say, my cobra ran 12.75 and I was probably in the slowest third of the pack...

I was getting beat by Neon's, Cudas, superbee, busa's, caddies, f-bodies, vettes... all sorts of American muscle. It was a very humbling experience. I learned that day that 12's is SLOW.

Now I should be faster... but I'll at best move to the bottom of the middle, or the top of the bottom.... LOL
Old 08-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jpgolf14
BTW LS1 cars run anywhere from 12.9-13.5 stock around here, six speed that is.
Thank you.

I had a field day trying to explain this one to fellow enthusiasts on here.

Quick Reply: Lost to a Camaro SS......