Looking to buy another cl but have some questions??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 12:49 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
^^^^ dude ur a whiner.... MAN up

thin leather??? - yea cause u never wiped it down with leather wipes, (i use meguire's) and when u get in the seat every time you SIT right on the left corned of the seat so u creased the shit out of it and u don't know how to blame urself. My seats are MINT so i dunno what ur talking about

FYI as i get in I sit right in the middle SOFTLY this will prevent:
- excess leather wear
- SEAT WARMER from falling apart
(sounds BS but I know I'm right)

When I get OUT:
- I put my hand on the door sill and use that to push me up as i exit, making sure I DO NOT CRUSH the left side bolster, I know most of you DO lol,
- this will save ur interior handles in the side door that seem to come loose around the edged of the switch cluster on both sides for that matter (bitch of a fix)

ball joints? you either beat the shit out of ur car, and or u had/have other bad suspension parts putting extra strain on them, thus they broke. or or or, just a bad DLR/shop/mechanic

Plastics breaking? like what

etc? what else did you not take care of?

Seems like your neglect may be the cause of your attitude, and ur "luck".
Old 11-17-2009, 03:49 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01

thin leather??? - yea cause u never wiped it down with leather wipes, (i use meguire's) and when u get in the seat every time you SIT right on the left corned of the seat so u creased the shit out of it and u don't know how to blame urself. My seats are MINT so i dunno what ur talking about

- excess leather wear

When I get OUT:
- I put my hand on the door sill and use that to push me up as i exit, making sure I DO NOT CRUSH the left side bolster, I know most of you DO lol,
- this will save ur interior handles in the side door that seem to come loose around the edged of the switch cluster on both sides for that matter (bitch of a fix)

ball joints? you either beat the shit out of ur car, and or u had/have other bad suspension parts putting extra strain on them, thus they broke. or or or, just a bad DLR/shop/mechanic

and about getting out the seat to save the leather seems kinda strange to me , but it is proably the way you do it without thinking about it (kinda sounds like getting out of a race seat though)
Old 11-17-2009, 04:09 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

LOL i agree... but i HAD the 01 CL-P with the less stiff seats therefore the leather would crack easier, so I learnt it from there.

I try to stay pro active so you do less fixing in the long run... by that's just me.

Notice how the left side of the drivers side seat is worn down way more???? that is YOU getting in and out of the car. More importantly that's due to HOW you get in the car.

My car's left drivers seat looks the same as the right... I wonder WHY

I'm small, light and I still do it... my seats will be mint foreva!

Last edited by CL-S progression 01; 11-17-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:22 PM
B A N N E D

I'm small, light and I still do it... my seats will be mint foreva!
that must be french,

i'm too lazy to get in and out that way, so when the time comes i will just replace the seat cushion and leather, also i am on the taller side which does not help either

btw: there is a slight tear in the leather on the the seat cushion , but it is on the right bolster (inside) so idk
Old 11-17-2009, 04:49 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

tru yea when i got my car, there was and still is a tear right in the front of the seat where it is not real leather, where your left leg/knee would be... and haven't bothered fixing it.

it bothered the hell out of me b4 but now it slips right over my head.

funny how that works... what drove u crazy b4 is now just accepted and moreover expected.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:53 PM
I ♡ PEK PEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
based upon the pictures of your car's tires and rims, I actually feel sorry for your car and the people that ride in it. rubberband tires ftl when it comes to ride quality........no way that thing rides as good as you say it does......
you got me......you win.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

- excess leather wear

When I get OUT:

please, dont make an ass out of your self by assuming how someone maintains their car.

out of all my cars I would rate this one as the WORST in terms of repair costs....

I find it amusing that a little yamaha vino 125 is by far more reliable than this car is and it gets driven on the same roads

10,000 miles on the vino and it cost me less than $100 to keep running in tip top shape new brakes $20, New tires $50 new air filter $8 5 quarts of oil $25. That motor is run pretty much 26 miles each way to work and back WOT and *gasp* the transmission and tiny ass 125cc air cooled engine have ZERO issues....

1. I go to change the air filter and the front scew/bolt sheared right in half....maybe Acura should quit using cheap steel to make their bolts? so now I had to replace the bottom part of the airbox becuase there is a sheared of bolt stuck in it and the nut is molded straight into the plastic. so, please, in YOUR INFINITE WISDOM, tell me how is that not proper maintainance (changing the air filter)?

2. There is a 1" tear in my rear seat and upon further inspection the leather has about the thickness of a peice of paper. No one ever sits in the back seat.....and the only thing that goes in the back seat is my back pack that holds a laptop...and that is laid flat.....

3. The trim peice for the front windshield defroster has popped up on the driver side. Unpon further inspection, the tab that hold that side down is busted completely off

4. On the Left side steering wheel where the spoke is the leather has a brown spot where it has worn the surface off....I have NEVER seen that happen in any other car that I had with a leather wrapped steering wheel.

5. In order to remove the air box for replacement you have to take off the plastic push pin on the one side so you can remove the plastic peice blocking the lower bolt. Removing that plastic push pin resulted in the black plastic peice that covers the top of the bumper to crack where that push pin goes.

6. Lets not even talk about how the seatbelts don't retratct properly because of the weak tensioners and how they get smashed in the door if you are not careful to move them out of the way and how Acura will not fix them.

7. What about the people who are having issues with the crome peeling off of their door handles on the inside? Yeah got that probelm too all because Acura was too cheap to remove the seam off of the molded parts.....

8. Want to explain how I beat on my car? do you do that by driving the speedlimit and following the maintainance schedule according to the manufacturer? do you do it by washing your car once a week and waxing it once a month? or using a clay bar once a year? How about cleaning the windows and vaccuming the inside once a week? Do you do it by rotating the tires? I mean after all you said I beat my car so how is it?

9. As for the ball joints even the dealer is stumped when it comes to this issue. They cannot find any reason for the joint failures (no bent or broken suspension peices). I have put 3 sets on my car and I am not counting the one that I replaced due to hitting a pothole I could not see in time due night time and rain along with poorly lit area

Aren't you the same one telling me to change the fluid on a transmission with 18K miles on it? You need to tell me WHY the fluid is getting burnt at 18K miles.......under normal driving conditions

btw i clean my leather with REAL leather cleaner not that watered down stuff you get at the auto parts store......if you want real cleaner go to a leather shop and do it right....

I EXPECT my car to be trouble free when I am doing what I need to keep the car in proper working order.......
Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

I'd have to agree with you like 50/50 on your car matter(s)

1) If you changed ur filter once every year that wouldn't happen. Or if you put a dab of grease or something.
2) I dunno how u got that tear, but seats don't just decide to rip themselves
3) sorry to hear that, I'd b pissed
4) As for the steering wheel, the brown spot must be because you hold the steering wheel in that spot all the time. Albeit that should not happen I agree but, it's technically preventable. I solved the steering wheel issue by getting the wood grain version so my hands barely ever touch the leather.
I've clay bared my car 6 times in a month so (fucking tree sap kept on falling). So once a year is nothing to rant about.
5) that's a bitch (u could solve this and # 1 with an aftermarket intake tho)
6) I am careful with that shyt anyways so it's no biggie, I am use to cars that do that... ford probe, honda prelude... same shit, somehow companies overlook the shit out of this issue. there a bunch of morons i agree, but hey it's preventable... no one can slam ur door with the seat buckle in the middle but the person closing it. don't blame the car
7) Door handle issue.. yea I got my car with a lil chrome peeling off on the inside handle. BS I know i know. but w/e 62$ and 10 mins and it was done and i was happy
8) FYI i have clay bared my car 6 times in a month b4 (due to tree sap coming from my own frigging tree lol), so once a year is nothing, I vacume my car whenever it gets dirty but I am careful from the beginning. I rotate tires all the time, check the brakes, clean the ENGINE BAY, go under the car and grease down all pivot points with lithium grease every now and then. I leather wipe my car regularly with meguires spray, makes the car smell amazing. I use turtle wax ice for my dash, I tire shine my wheels. trust me, I take CARE of my baby. Plus I do all my own maintenance and mods. I'm not a mechanic but i do what i can.

And yea I told him to try changing the fluid to see if it'd make a difference, a cheap way of eliminating an issue, and change the atf filter. Then next thing to do is clean out all the switches cause acura doesn't put in new ones and lots of times the mechanics don't clean them right out and that will cause little to no fluid going onto ur clutch packs. I'm not hear to argue man, or put others down. I'm trying to give some simple advice that could save someone $$.

sorry but, what do you know about tranny problems anyways?... I've already been there done that, and then some.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:44 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
out of all my cars I would rate this one as the WORST in terms of repair costs....

I find it amusing that a little yamaha vino 125 is by far more reliable than this car is and it gets driven on the same roads

10,000 miles on the vino and it cost me less than $100 to keep running in tip top shape new brakes $20, New tires $50 new air filter $8 5 quarts of oil $25. That motor is run pretty much 26 miles each way to work and back WOT and *gasp* the transmission and tiny ass 125cc air cooled engine have ZERO issues....
if you are wooried about repair cost go buy a little shit box of a car with ABSOLUTLY no creature comforts/technology so there is less to break on you, which in turn is less to repair

and about the vino, it is ALOT smaller (lighter) machine to keep running and not really fair to compare to a car which has four tires (which are bigger too, so they need more rubber to make) to replace, twice as many brakes, ALOT bigger motor that needs to be lubricated which means more oil, again a bigger motor which needs a bigger air filter which is going to cost more because it needs more material inorder to even make, and NO wipers blades to replace occasionally

also it needed brakes and tires already at 10k

but lets see if that little motor can last 200,000 miles (or more), or even 50K, and load it down with additional passengers/cargo like what a typically car will do

o... also that seat on the vino is proably vinyl and not real leather
Old 11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
03 CLS-6

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Well I looked at a few more locally and they all have been resprayed. There's little things about them that make me not want to buy it. I didn't think it was going to be this hard to find a car that hasn't been fucked with especially being resprayed.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:02 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by 1foxbody
Well I looked at a few more locally and they all have been resprayed. There's little things about them that make me not want to buy it. I didn't think it was going to be this hard to find a car that hasn't been fucked with especially being resprayed.
resprayed =

like repainted from accident damage, cause if so i would stay away from those especially if you can tell that easy that they have been repainted, cause if they did not take there time to properly tape off and prep the paint, who knows the kind of job they did on repairing it
Old 11-19-2009, 04:14 PM
03 CLS-6

Originally Posted by friesm2000
resprayed =

like repainted from accident damage, cause if so i would stay away from those especially if you can tell that easy that they have been repainted, cause if they did not take there time to properly tape off and prep the paint, who knows the kind of job they did on repairing it
Exactly the normal person wouldn't notice it but I can. I guess it's hard to find a car that still has the original paint with the color and model I want.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,463 Likes on 4,981 Posts
Had this been last year you could've bought mine as I was selling it.

But now Im not

Ill keep a look out for one though. Are you trying to keep it local?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:40 PM
03 CLS-6

I'm trying to find something that's unmolested, under 100k miles, I'm willing to drive a few hundred miles if it's really worth it I'm talking mint condition.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:04 PM
B A N N E D

Exactly the normal person wouldn't notice it but I can. I guess it's hard to find a car that still has the original paint with the color and model I want.
also does not help that there were not many cl-s' 6mt made either (i want one of their trannys for my tl-s) so it's slim pickings, might almost be easier to convert yours over to a type-s with a 6mt though

I'm trying to find something that's unmolested, under 100k miles, I'm willing to drive a few hundred miles if it's really worth it I'm talking mint condition.
pm Chicago6MT, he just bought a mint one, so he might be willing to sell if you pay more then he paid for it wrong color and interior though
Old 11-19-2009, 05:12 PM
B A N N E D

for my tl-s i was kinda lucky in that with the previous owner it had only been side swiped once (other person changing lanes into it), so no structual damage, and also i know which shop fixed it too, so i know it was done right, and as far as molested, it what the exact same stuff i would have put on it and that i got the stuff with the car which saved me a ton of money, and also i have maintence records back to when only 7k was on the car (and i have worked on it since 40-50K or so), so i know it's history
Old 11-20-2009, 11:41 AM

I just noticed you said you want Navi too. Thats going to be a difficult find.

Use google and search "2003 Acura CL" "Craigslist" exactly how I typed it. It will show you all the CLs for sale on Craigslist throughout the country.

Also keep checking AutoTrader and Cars.com. I found mine on Cars.com.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:56 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

is the CL Navi touch screen?

damn well better be
Old 11-20-2009, 12:25 PM

Yea, but its outdated and the Onstar doesnt work anymore.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:40 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

tru.. yea if I get a navi, i'll just rip out my oem cd player unit get that custom fitting piece thingy and then slap a gps/dvd/satelite radio in that beast.

I can't wait till me OEM one take a shit..... next project

no more suction cup marks on my window or charging issues. woohoo

I REALLY don't like how the stock navi goes right where there climate controls are... i love how well laid out they are, it's so pleasant to look at, and the button i LOVE

no clicking, of snapping, just smooooth.. mmmm what a rare thing to have in a car honestly...

lol to think i'm ranting about buttons!! hahahahaha

damn i'm analytical
Old 11-30-2009, 03:17 PM
03 CLS-6

Hey guy's sorry I haven't been on in awhile. I'm going to make a wtb thread and see what people have on this forum. I might get lucky and find something good locally.