LIST ALL YOUR KILLS (WINS) and your losses to if you want

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 71 Posts
Sonnick you should've went to the NY meet last night, I heard it was alot of fun. My friend's E36 lost to the same RSX you lost to by almost the exact margin (according to RSX driver), would've been a good race for you
Old 05-14-2012, 11:44 AM
All motor

Received 532 Likes on 395 Posts
I know, I had to take care of some more important stuff. I wanted to go so bad. I think Frank and I will have a good run for sure. I'm slated to run that S/C 740i as well. Apparently the RSX got him from the 40 rolls last night (vids will be posted) so I'm assuming we'd have a great run too.

Told you that Type S was quick! "Walksohard.jpg" LOL. I'm surprised how he pulled the S4 and Mustang. Thought they'd be quicker. By the looks of it I would've creeped on them both as well, but can't go by that.

I wish I didn't sleep on the honks in the 1st run I had with the RSX's. That was a 40 roll and I think I would've been right on his bumper. The 2nd run was a 35 roll where I'm out of my powerband.

Can't wait for the new setup
Old 05-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Sonnick
I know, I had to take care of some more important stuff. I wanted to go so bad. I think Frank and I will have a good run for sure. I'm slated to run that S/C 740i as well. Apparently the RSX got him from the 40 rolls last night (vids will be posted) so I'm assuming we'd have a great run too.

Told you that Type S was quick! "Walksohard.jpg" LOL. I'm surprised how he pulled the S4 and Mustang. Thought they'd be quicker. By the looks of it I would've creeped on them both as well, but can't go by that.

I wish I didn't sleep on the honks in the 1st run I had with the RSX's. That was a 40 roll and I think I would've been right on his bumper. The 2nd run was a 35 roll where I'm out of my powerband.

Can't wait for the new setup
What does the new setup consist of?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:59 AM
All motor

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
Soon enough....
Old 05-30-2012, 01:27 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,463 Likes on 4,981 Posts
I drove the CL to work tonight, and on the way back home some guy in a Protege 5 tried to play. He had wheels, a drop, and exhaust.

I had passed him about 4 miles down the interstate, but he caught up to me and began pacing. I dropped down into 5th, then 4th. At that point he backed off, so I thought he didnt want to do anything. I put it back into 6th.

About 1 mile later, what do I see in my rearview? Its the little Mazda-that-could[n't]. Hes behind me now, and we pass a truck thats in the middle lane. I give it a bit of gas, just enough to go from 75 to 80 and hold it there, and he does the same. Then he cuts to the middle and floors it. I typically wouldnt bite, but it was a few days since I drove the CL and I felt that it needed to be opened up

Into 4th I went and I floored it. I caught up to him around 100mph and proceeded to put about 2 cars on him when I shut it down at ~125. I tapped the brakes to let him know I was done, but of course, he did a ricer flyby. Flybys annoy the shit out of me, so once again, I dropped it into 4th and returned the favor

I still need a tune real badly though

Last edited by civicdrivr; 05-30-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kills!!!
2012 Twin turbo Shelby (900whp)
2013 Dodge Viper supercharged (1 bazillion whp)
Wimpy GT-R Twin turbo (950whp)
Some slow Lambroghini
2012 srt-8 challenger

Lost to a Smart car.....
The following users liked this post:
civicdrivr (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,463 Likes on 4,981 Posts
The Smart cars are beasts.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:54 PM
All motor

3.7 TL intake manifold (quite possibly port matched to the runners)
3.7 TL bored TB
Ported runners
Old 07-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Weird

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Ride home today I finally got to play with another car, for some reason my daily commutes never seem to find me fair and willing opponents.

2010 or up silver STi, sedan not the wagon. Had a really loud n1 style exhaust at least, sounded more modded, I would guess intake too. Either way, I wasn't sure how this would turn out so when he kept riding my butt then taking off, I decided to find out. I let him go aways and then we wound up next to one another again and I could see what needed to happen.

Honestly though best case I go maybe a fender on him.

We are taking a wide curving turn on a highway here, (think Swedish highways)
and he flys out in front of me to pass a car, and he was getting on it a bit, so I decided to inch up and see if I could figure out why he was so antsy. He notices me and just gets on it right away, before I was even lined up with him. No honk nothing, just WAAAAAAAAAA. Luckily I was anticipating the same move, as I have seen too many loud exhaust adorned cars do. I slap down to three from four (making sure to rev match so I don't destroy my drive train) and drop the hammer. Instantly I zip up even with him and pull a fender. His boost finally shows up hard, bout the same time I'm working back into four. He almost moved back with me even again, but he runs out of what ever gear he was in and shifts, meanwhile my camshafts and butterfly valves are making the move to "hot mode." When vtec hits, it kicked me up a whole car, his front is lined with my tail now. (That's right Subie, my VTEC feels just like your fat, loud Turbo) and he manages to keep there, until the digits got really high and I was noticeably putting positive feet between us. I shut it down at number that was embareasingly high (lost myself in the driving for a sec, normally don't like those digits to me some things aren't worth my safety) I give the three taps to be done, and relish in the fact that my new RL bbk seems far more effective than the Brembos on the STi. Despite his laboring brakes, I keep ahead and he seems in no hurry to line back up. Why? I owe you a thumb my man, that was fun. Eventually I set my Cruise Control and note his position far back in my mirror. I double check and see I am moving lower than I normally might on a given day, but he doesn't seem to be in such a rush anymore. Too bad Scooby. Now I spared you so that you can go tell your friends about me. Let the legend grow.

I hope you have trouble sleeping tonight, may the ghosts remind you.... It was just a luxury car!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:55 PM
03 acura cl type s

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
Nice kill bro.
AcuraSpook (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 02:01 AM
13.2@106mph G37 RWD Sedan

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
had a lil 0-70mph run in with a new fx50 he got the jump on me because i didnt think he would actually go for it. and when he did i floored it too and i was on his bumper and i really slowly started catching up. race ended with me by his rear door. i was surprised at how quick that thing is.

Last edited by kdawg8526; 07-16-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 PM
All motor

Originally Posted by AcuraSpook
Ride home today I finally got to play with another car, for some reason my daily commutes never seem to find me fair and willing opponents.

2010 or up silver STi, sedan not the wagon. Had a really loud n1 style exhaust at least, sounded more modded, I would guess intake too. Either way, I wasn't sure how this would turn out so when he kept riding my butt then taking off, I decided to find out. I let him go aways and then we wound up next to one another again and I could see what needed to happen.

Honestly though best case I go maybe a fender on him.

We are taking a wide curving turn on a highway here, (think Swedish highways)
and he flys out in front of me to pass a car, and he was getting on it a bit, so I decided to inch up and see if I could figure out why he was so antsy. He notices me and just gets on it right away, before I was even lined up with him. No honk nothing, just WAAAAAAAAAA. Luckily I was anticipating the same move, as I have seen too many loud exhaust adorned cars do. I slap down to three from four (making sure to rev match so I don't destroy my drive train) and drop the hammer. Instantly I zip up even with him and pull a fender. His boost finally shows up hard, bout the same time I'm working back into four. He almost moved back with me even again, but he runs out of what ever gear he was in and shifts, meanwhile my camshafts and butterfly valves are making the move to "hot mode." When vtec hits, it kicked me up a whole car, his front is lined with my tail now. (That's right Subie, my VTEC feels just like your fat, loud Turbo) and he manages to keep there, until the digits got really high and I was noticeably putting positive feet between us. I shut it down at number that was embareasingly high (lost myself in the driving for a sec, normally don't like those digits to me some things aren't worth my safety) I give the three taps to be done, and relish in the fact that my new RL bbk seems far more effective than the Brembos on the STi. Despite his laboring brakes, I keep ahead and he seems in no hurry to line back up. Why? I owe you a thumb my man, that was fun. Eventually I set my Cruise Control and note his position far back in my mirror. I double check and see I am moving lower than I normally might on a given day, but he doesn't seem to be in such a rush anymore. Too bad Scooby. Now I spared you so that you can go tell your friends about me. Let the legend grow.

I hope you have trouble sleeping tonight, may the ghosts remind you.... It was just a luxury car!
You have a CAI/lightweight flywheel and put "embarrassing lengths" on a modded '11+ STI? Hmm....am I missing something or do you have more work done? I haven't followed your build thread thus far, but I will look at it now lol.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:45 PM
All motor

So I ran a 1G MS3 with I/test pipe & lightweight RPF1s the other night. He had a passenger filming (170lbs) and I was alone. Here are 4 vids.
Not sure why the second 2 are upside down lol. I was a little late on the honks in the 3rd vid. 4th vid I was told the MS3 was "heat soaked."

Old 07-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Weird

You have a CAI/lightweight flywheel and put "embarrassing lengths" on a modded '11+ STI? Hmm....am I missing something or do you have more work done? I haven't followed your build thread thus far, but I will look at it now lol.
Well your effort to flame my story is appreciated, I do beg of you to read it again. Not only did you not quote any parts of the story accurately, but you also managed to ignore the part where I said I shut it down at a really high MPH that I am electing not to share for a variety of reasons, mostly legal in nature, and at that point I was a mere few feet between his nose and my rear quarters. Please refrain from jumping so hard in the future... unless your are sure of what you are jumping at. Considering that they are a 4wd car that is geared for rally racing, I'm nit sure I find the result as surprising as you. As I stated in the story I didn't expect to put anything between us, simply a fender in my wildest dreams, yet upon checking the C&D and Motortred test 1/4 mile times it is quite plain to see the cars are neither geared well or seem to operate as well on a top speed range. They get very quickly to high numbers but simply aren't designed to stay there, or break any landspeed records. Considering the article in C&D estimates (professionally/ in conjunction with manufacturers test numbers) and the car is so much faster 0-60 than our cars and plenty of stock CL-S6 owners have high the 13s in stock or very lightly modded form, it is fairly safe to say that on a highway our non peaky tq and HP delivery, as well as 2wd configuration gives us solid advantage.

What part of my story doesn't hold water again?
Old 07-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Had to turn my laptop upside down for those lol, good runs!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Well your effort to flame my story is appreciated, I do beg of you to read it again. Not only did you not quote any parts of the story accurately, but you also managed to ignore the part where I said I shut it down at a really high MPH that I am electing not to share for a variety of reasons, mostly legal in nature, and at that point I was a mere few feet between his nose and my rear quarters. Please refrain from jumping so hard in the future... unless your are sure of what you are jumping at. Considering that they are a 4wd car that is geared for rally racing, I'm nit sure I find the result as surprising as you. As I stated in the story I didn't expect to put anything between us, simply a fender in my wildest dreams, yet upon checking the C&D and Motortred test 1/4 mile times it is quite plain to see the cars are neither geared well or seem to operate as well on a top speed range. They get very quickly to high numbers but simply aren't designed to stay there, or break any landspeed records. Considering the article in C&D estimates (professionally/ in conjunction with manufacturers test numbers) and the car is so much faster 0-60 than our cars and plenty of stock CL-S6 owners have high the 13s in stock or very lightly modded form, it is fairly safe to say that on a highway our non peaky tq and HP delivery, as well as 2wd configuration gives us solid advantage.

A modded STI should be able to hold off a CL-S with intake and a flywheel, thats what he was saying, so he was wondering if you had other mods.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Weird

A modded STI should be able to hold off a CL-S with intake and a flywheel, thats what he was saying, so he was wondering if you had other mods.
It was the bit where he misquoted my story and made it sound like I said something stupid that annoyed me. Sorry I just got annoyed that I was being called into question over something I didn't say. I apologize for going off a bit. BTW I do have a few things going on that are not in my thread, mostly concerning weight.

The STi's are incredibly peaky, I have driven the same model, a 2012 one. Its very nothing/everything on power. Being an N/A guy I found it really frustrating, and uncomfortable. Its constantly rocking you to and fro. I use to want one really bad but since trying it I have become seriously disillusioned with them as a road car. Now I wouldn't buy one,if anything the wrx is far more rewarding as a street car.

I could tell and I hope my story appropriately reflected when he was in high boost, at one point he crawled even again but maxed a gear and fell back during the change, where I was already in the the 4,000-5,000 range and was able to pick back the space he took back.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
AcuraSpook (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Weird

Old 07-16-2012, 10:51 PM
All motor

Whoa, relax man. I re-read your post and I firmly misunderstood it. When you said "a number that was embarrassingly high," I assumed you meant cars. I didn't realize you meant MPH at first. Being that you put a few 'feet' between you, that's understandable from a roll I guess. I've just never heard someone describe a win in feet LOL.

I'm not hating. I've beaten a new STi from a dig (stock), but I have quite a bit more mods than you do, hence my disbelief as you putting "X lengths" on a modded one. But thanks for clarifying I don't see where I was being a douche or flaming your story, just questioning it is all. No harm done though. Makes more sense considering you have some ninja weight reduction as well.
AcuraSpook (07-17-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Weird

I didn't mean to be douchey, I just didnt want anyone thinking I made a ludicrous claim like that. I might not had made it too clear in my first story, typing out everything is a chore on a tablet, and when I'm recalling details quickly I might forget to translate them well onto the forum. I'm sorry to lash back so hard. Just was like who ah I never even said that.

Not a kill, just a win. I was just ecstatic because as I qualified with the result was far better than I had hoped for.

Yes, weight has been a huge focus of min with this car, small things add up. Almost 20lbs just from the flywheel. 6lbs at each wheel, but that adds up and puts me 24lbs lighter. Obviously no spare or jack. 35ish (iirc) pounds. Intake 5lbs. Motor mounts 6lbs. It all has added up nicely. I have more loss coming soon I hope hough. Dieting has been a high help in improving several dynamics of this car...
Sonnick (07-17-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 12:24 AM
All motor

That 20lbs from the flywheel means MUCH more than anywhere else also. The lightweight flywheel is probably equivalent to 150lbs in the car, if not more.
AcuraSpook (07-17-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 01:49 AM
Weird

That 20lbs from the flywheel means MUCH more than anywhere else also. The lightweight flywheel is probably equivalent to 150lbs in the car, if not more.
Agreed. It was a night and day difference. Didn't help as much in the above story, as effect is lessened with each gear change upwards, but the first three gears feel like they have all musical chaired down if that strange analogy works haha. My second gear pulls like first now and third like second, and first just feels like a bomb going off, can't wait for the 3.7l to be in.... I am addicted to torque.... badly haha.
Sonnick (07-17-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 09:29 AM
All motor

Your vivid description of the lightened flywheel saddens me. I had the CM Stage 2 kit with the flywheel installed....the car wasn't going into gear and so I had no choice but to get a stock one put in I was looking forward to that LW flywheel so bad. It made a big difference on my 4cyl 5spd 6G Accord.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Senior Moderator

The CL-S 6 speed seems so much faster than the autos. After watching those videos and seeing Reese's car, I feel like I could keep up with or surprise a stock STI w/my DD M3 lol.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Weird

I've seen bone stock Cl-S6s run 13.9, or .6 seconds quicker than the auto 1/4 mile figure. The average rule of thumb for LSD vs. Non LSD is about .5 seconds. That leaves an extra .1 or .2 that can be explained by better power train efficiency and a 50 lbs lighter curb weight. Not bad for a fwd luxury cruiser.

You never know what you can beat for sure until you try it. I raced that STi full well knowing it could go anyways, and now I'm damn glad I didn't write the race off for myself. You loose 100% of the time you don't run.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Suzuka Master

You must have light rims and some weight reduction to achive that tbh... sticky tires too
Old 07-20-2012, 01:26 AM
All motor

^ It was from a roll.

I've beaten the new wagon STi from a dig. He didn't rev the sh1t out of it and launch it, but he didn't take off normally either. I believe he was on my rear QP at 80mph. I would've easily put 2+ lengths on him by the top of 4th. They're quick in the 1/4 bone stock because of AWD. I/TBE/tune and they're monsters though.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Some mo' kills

'12 V6 Camaro 5spd w/intake

Ran my e36 twin and another friend with an AP2 s2k. Chase car is a JB4 335, I'm in the middle.

40 roll (right lane misses gear)

20 roll
Old 08-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Suzuka Master

not too shabby
DaInFaMMuS1 (08-08-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Kills:
01 Mustang GT
'07 Malibu SS
'03 Civic
'10 Civic coupe
'96 Integra (typical ricer)
'10 Civic hybrid

Hit list:
'08 4 door GTI with APR stage 1
'10 Mazda RX8
Old 08-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by StreetKA
not too shabby
Thanks Still haven't found a CLS-6 down here to run yet though
Old 08-09-2012, 10:54 AM
All motor

I know of a modded Accord 6 speed in SFL that may be down..... I'll ask.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator

I know of a modded Accord 6 speed in SFL that may be down..... I'll ask.
Cool, let me know!

last night: '12 Mustang V6 5spd

Ended up winning by 1/2 a car. We were dead even till 3rd gear from a dig, then my 3rd gear pulled me ahead and I stayed there till he shut down around his limiter speed.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Here's another member, Reese, hurting the feelings of a couple S/C mustang drivers with his J32 accord, w/a lil joking at the end LOL

1foxbody (08-13-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
lol still cant believe you guys put my commentary at the end. Hope every one gets some laughs out of it.
The following 2 users liked this post by reese8789:
1foxbody (08-13-2012), DaInFaMMuS1 (08-13-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 08:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Lol it was all in fun bro, no worries. The only people who's feelings might be hurt are driving mustangs in that video lol.

Last edited by DaInFaMMuS1; 08-13-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:40 PM
03 CLS-6

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
Nice kill Reese. What was your best et with the accord so far? Was the mustang really supercharged? I would think he would of done better than that vs a n/a v6 lol.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Suzuka Master

mind that the accord is lighter... i wonder if Reese lets of gas between shifts at all on this video im not sure

video is private guys :P dont be lame it was a nice one
Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 1foxbody
Nice kill Reese. What was your best et with the accord so far? Was the mustang really supercharged? I would think he would of done better than that vs a n/a v6 lol.
One was a supercharged 4.6GT, the other was an N/A Cobra. The black car was the N/A cobra, the grey car was the supercharged GT on low boost, I think 5-7lbs or something. Either way, they both got walked handily. They weren't very happy with the results, the supercharged car asked for a re-run 3 times lol.
1foxbody (08-14-2012)

Quick Reply: LIST ALL YOUR KILLS (WINS) and your losses to if you want