Just port and polished my Type S TB and Intake Mani

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah its a good addition. I have my headers on the way and UR pulley sitting at my house. Can't wait to see how it will be when I install them
Old 01-24-2005, 09:22 AM
O-FL Motorsports Owner

I am glad your happy with it! Let me know when you get any dyno's or track times!

--Greg
Old 01-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
i hope you guys did a before dyno this time. if not...
Old 01-24-2005, 02:19 PM
O-FL Motorsports Owner

I don't know if he dynoed his car before, but I don't think so. As for dyno numbers, I have dyno numbers from other customer cars, but no body here takes them as true.... I guess stating previous gains means nothing and the reputation of my shop is none. I guess that just isn't good enough... I don't have any sheets to proove yet, but I am trying to get...
Old 01-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by O-FL Motorsports
I don't know if he dynoed his car before, but I don't think so. As for dyno numbers, I have dyno numbers from other customer cars, but no body here takes them as true.... I guess stating previous gains means nothing and the reputation of my shop is none. I guess that just isn't good enough... I don't have any sheets to proove yet, but I am trying to get...

It isn't a matter of we don't believe you... its just lets compare apples to apples here. How another car reacted to PnP is completely irrelevant. This mod has been done to our cars in the past with little to no success.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:54 PM
Advanced

Guys no I did not dyno it before so you dont have to listen to me if you want. When I put the Icebox in, I didnt dyno before either but I was satisfied with what I got. Just like this I can feel the difference. From what I can feel, I think it was worth it

Graig thanks for the good job.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:12 PM
O-FL Motorsports Owner

Little to no sucess? Not on any car I have done or seen, and I have done plenty... Who did the work, was it a pro, what was done? Do you have pics of the work and dyno's? I don't care if some other no name shop did some work and there was no difference in power... Obviously, they didn't know what they were doing. I have been on the flow bench with your intakes and know how to make them flow... There is power to be found and I have now two people on your site seeing the gains. So, if no gains have been found in the past, by one no name shop who didn't know what they were doing, port and polished intake manifolds and throttle bodies are just shunned upon? The power is there, the gains can be had fairly cheaply, and even if you dont want to believe it and keep dwelling upon the fact that it wasn't there before... Guess what... It was always there, it just wasn't properly done. Guess you won't be getting the most out of your car... I will get the dyno's hopefull for you so I can get your mind out of the past...
Old 01-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Little to no sucess? Not on any car I have done or seen, and I have done plenty... Who did the work, was it a pro, what was done? Do you have pics of the work and dyno's? I don't care if some other no name shop did some work and there was no difference in power... Obviously, they didn't know what they were doing. I have been on the flow bench with your intakes and know how to make them flow... There is power to be found and I have now two people on your site seeing the gains. So, if no gains have been found in the past, by one no name shop who didn't know what they were doing, port and polished intake manifolds and throttle bodies are just shunned upon? The power is there, the gains can be had fairly cheaply, and even if you dont want to believe it and keep dwelling upon the fact that it wasn't there before... Guess what... It was always there, it just wasn't properly done. Guess you won't be getting the most out of your car... I will get the dyno's hopefull for you so I can get your mind out of the past...
Watch your self as it was me and the information was provided earlier in this thread. You have not provided hard evidence of gains; just talk of feel. If you are so well versed in modifications; and BTW, my CL-S6 made 370 DOCUMENTED WHP so I know something about these cars, you know that it takes at least 5% power increase to really feel a gain. That would equate to over 10WHP which is optimal at best.

Let’s get direct here and clear the air. What was mentioned was the throttle plate was made thinner but the bore was left alone?? However, the throttle shaft was not touched?? According to the previous information, the manifold was ported but yet the injector bases were left alone which is half the runner length. Since you flow benched them, what were the before and after numbers??

Since you obviously missed the information earlier here are the threads which cover the work done nearly 2.5 years ago:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81192

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81430

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81626

As for power, here is a before and after dyno. The power gains here are by way of keeping the engine 20 degree cooler; a great way to try and emulate power gains.

Now, with that said why hasn’t a single person done before and after dyno’s to put this to rest?? That would save all of this discussion. Oh yea, record engine and ambient conditions to eliminate error.

Seriously, I would be willing to concede in possible error, etc. if there were actual before and after numbers. But what we get is enthusiastic assumption based on “feel”. The track numbers were promising but hardly conclusive as the car was different then outside of the work performed. That is all people want, solid before and after numbers. Being annoyed by this request diminishes the outlook on this.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Guess you won't be getting the most out of your car... I will get the dyno's hopefull for you so I can get your mind out of the past...

You're are correct, I won't be getting the most out of my car via PnP the intake manifold. I'll be replacing mine with one of these:

Also, like Scalbert said, without a true before and after dyno with documented engine and ambient conditions that are similar both before and after there isn't going to be proof that this does anything.

When the UniChip (a piggyback ECU controller) first came out many people, myself included, "felt" gains. Then I put it on the dyno and the powerband was nearly identical as prior to the UniChip install. It actually lost power.

EDIT: For someone who's trying to "advertise" their skills via this post, you sure are burning alot of bridges before they are even built. I appreciate your confidence, but lets not go calling out other people's work before you know the facts. kthxbye
Old 01-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where's the dyno?
Old 01-30-2005, 06:53 PM
O-FL Motorsports Owner

I am not advertising in any way. As for calling out peoples work? I just don't believe in the work that they did. I see gains from my work... so kthxbye
Old 01-31-2005, 03:40 AM
goldmemberererer

I know there are plenty of CL owners in the Orlando area... how about we put an end to the ambiguity and find a member who wants to test this out with before & after dynos and possibly track times as well?

Shouldn't be too hard if you give em a pricebreak, O-FL Motorsports, and it'll be a nice feather in your hat if it does provide conclusive gains. Not to mention, you'll have CLs lined up at your door.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:14 AM
Suzuka Master

As for calling out peoples work? I just don't believe in the work that they did.
There were pictures of the process along with before and after testing yet you don't beleive the evidence at hand?? You are trying to earn money; there is no way you would discredit your work.

Also and once again, what were the flow bench numbers?? Also. whose flow bench, manufacturer or parts used to build own, is it?? I have designed and implemented several flow bench test stands for the industrial market and am always curious about what others use.

Lastly, and as just mentioned, to put this to rest why not get someone local to do before and after testing. That would put it to rest and make everyone happy including myself if positive gains were found.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:43 PM
A-CL Fanatic

I've seen Greg's work in person, good stuff. Cool guy to hang out with.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by paper1122
I've seen Greg's work in person, good stuff. Cool guy to hang out with.
I don't think anyone is debating either. People would just like physical proof of the benefit and not just that it feels better.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:35 PM
Advanced

Feels alot better =)
Old 01-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Senior Moderator

no before and after dyno, no care.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mattg
no before and after dyno, no care.
I understand where your coming from.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:42 PM
Senior Moderator

and i'm certainly not ragging on you.

it would just be nice to have some hard evidence to go along w/ all the speculation.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Advanced

No I understand. I wish I had done a dyno before. I just never thought about it, but now I see it would have been a good idea.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:50 AM
Pro

Where's the dyno?
Old 02-26-2005, 02:25 AM
2015 RDX Base

Originally Posted by scalbert
There were pictures of the process along with before and after testing yet you don't beleive the evidence at hand?? You are trying to earn money; there is no way you would discredit your work.

Also and once again, what were the flow bench numbers?? Also. whose flow bench, manufacturer or parts used to build own, is it?? I have designed and implemented several flow bench test stands for the industrial market and am always curious about what others use.

Lastly, and as just mentioned, to put this to rest why not get someone local to do before and after testing. That would put it to rest and make everyone happy including myself if positive gains were found.
Haha, still no answers back on flow #'s and what type of equip was used? I guess google and ask.com didn't have the answers so that's why no one posted back. Sadly enough i was looking into going deeper into the p&p on my car since it made a very significant improvement on my FI GAGT1 and Celica All-Trac, but if it doesn't lead to any gains on our cars i won't bother.

P.S. - what's the good word on some new cams?

P.S.S. - I BOUGHT A NEW CAR, SOLD THE DENALI!! It's a beauty.