Just got a Xephor intake..

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 07:57 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just got a Xephor intake..

I just got the intake from Park Ave Acura , while they put my new bumper.
I was wondering for those white the Intake, should i diconnect the battery or something i was hearing, did any of u guys do this, and also mine dont seem that loud, do i gotta break it in?
Thanks...
Old 04-27-2001, 08:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, disconnect the battery for like 15-20 mins to let the ECU recalibrate after like 100 miles.

Good purchase!

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 20% tint , fenderwell trim[*] mud guards , winter floor mats , full nose mask[*] Xephyr CAI
Old 04-27-2001, 08:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know about breaking it in, but from the minute I got it back from the dealer, it sounded like I was ready for the Winston Cup.

There were a couple of guys hanging around; they wanted to:

1. Know if they could buy my "old" wheels
2. If I could rev the sh*t out of the engine for them.

The service manager was egging them on...

It should be realy loud, or maybe another MIRC actuator bites the dust... (j/k)

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 9 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-27-2001, 08:46 PM
w.t.f., mate?

yeah disconnect that sucker for maybe an hour. that's what Xephyr says at least.

The CAI will be loud at high RPMs, you can especially tell at about 3k RPMS thats when you can start telling the difference. Round 4800 RPMS its all over!! -_=-_-VROOM!!!

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~
Old 04-27-2001, 09:03 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iridium130:
yeah disconnect that sucker for maybe an hour. that's what Xephyr says at least.

The CAI will be loud at high RPMs, you can especially tell at about 3k RPMS thats when you can start telling the difference. Round 4800 RPMS its all over!! -_=-_-VROOM!!!

</font>
I cant really tell the difference??
Wayne at park ave said i dont have to unhook the battery, maybee thats why i cant hear it cuz i didnt unhook the battery.
Im gonna go unhook the battery..
Do u guys get better MPG?
Did any of you hit up the track with just a intake for there 1/4 times?

Old 04-27-2001, 09:43 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StonedCL:
I cant really tell the difference??
Wayne at park ave said i dont have to unhook the battery, maybee thats why i cant hear it cuz i didnt unhook the battery.
Im gonna go unhook the battery..
Did any of you hit up the track with just a intake for there 1/4 times?
</font>
Disconnecting the batter... and thereby resetting the ECU... will not affect the sound at all.

Check your IMRC. Make sure it is actuating.

Otherwise... get your ears checked... your deaf

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Valentine 1
Old 04-27-2001, 09:55 PM
B A N N E D

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:
Disconnecting the batter... and thereby resetting the ECU... will not affect the sound at all.

Check your IMRC. Make sure it is actuating.

Otherwise... get your ears checked... your deaf

How do i check my IMRC?
</font>
How do I check my IMRC.

Old 04-27-2001, 10:00 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
How do I check my IMRC.
</font>
Pretty easy actually...

There is a acutator behind the engine... stand on the driver side of the car with the hood open... have someone rev the car to over 3800 RPM...

If you dont see a switch flip... and hear a click.. its not working.

Pics and stuff here: http://rrw.d2g.com/techshop/plenum1.html
http://rrw.d2g.com/techshop/plenum0.html

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Valentine 1
Old 04-27-2001, 10:19 PM
Banned

</font>
Yes. I have gotten an added 5-7 mpg gain. But that was without using the A/C, I have started to use the A/C again and it looks like it will be around 3-5 mpg gain.

------------------
avengerjr
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Non-Navi[*] spoiler , wheel locks , 20% tint , fenderwell trim[*] mud guards , winter floor mats , full nose mask[*] Xephyr CAI
Old 04-27-2001, 10:29 PM
Advanced

Hows it perform compared to the AEM CAI? Pros/Cons also I am in CA and was reading on their site about it not being legal in CA yet, any issues?
Old 04-27-2001, 10:42 PM
w.t.f., mate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aysle:
Hows it perform compared to the AEM CAI? Pros/Cons also I am in CA and was reading on their site about it not being legal in CA yet, any issues?</font>
Xephyr is still applying for that CARB shit, but it should be fine. I haven't been hassled or anything...'sides if in the unlikely case that if I need to get a CARB test or whatever I'll just swap the stock intake in.

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~
Old 04-27-2001, 10:43 PM
B A N N E D

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aysle:
Hows it perform compared to the AEM CAI? Pros/Cons also I am in CA and was reading on their site about it not being legal in CA yet, any issues?</font>
The Xphor one got a bypass valve , the AEM dont got one, and blus i met him in person and chriss seemed really cool and straitfoward so i bought that one!
Old 04-27-2001, 10:47 PM
Banned

StonedCL,

You should definately hear a major diffrence above 4k RPM. As most owners will agree a "Dr. Jeckyl -vs- Mr. Hyde" difference! Make sure everything is tight & your IMRC is working. If you still don't hear it I agree with Soopa and recommend a good ear doctor or box of Q-Tips joking ... call me if you need some help ..,

Chris

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance CAI, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, 1/4 Mile in 14.424@97.23 MPH Atco Raceway Best GTECH Sprint 6.05 Xephyr Performance Intakes
Old 04-27-2001, 10:55 PM
w.t.f., mate?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xephyr2K:
StonedCL,

You should definately hear a major diffrence above 4k RPM. As most owners will agree a "Dr. Jeckyl -vs- Mr. Hyde" difference! Make sure everything is tight & your IMRC is working. If you still don't hear it I agree with Soopa and recommend a good ear doctor or box of Q-Tips joking ... call me if you need some help ..,

Chris

</font>
oh there you are. So whats up w/ our CARB # stuff?

------------------
_-Phil-_!
Old 04-27-2001, 11:08 PM
Banned

Iridium,

I first applied for the CARB exemption during the 1st week of feb. I have not received any reply yet and 0 correspondance. I will send another application in on monday to try this mess again .... I'll post any updates here asap. incidently if anyone here is employed or affiliated with the California Air Resource Board that can help , please email me with ideas or advice how to bump this along...-many thanks!

Chris
Xephyr Performance, LLC.

------------------
2001 Nighthawk Black CLS Type S - Xephyr Performance CAI, PIAA 19173(Yellow) Road Lamp Upgrades, Full Wood Trim, Spoiler, 1/4 Mile in 14.424@97.23 MPH Atco Raceway Best GTECH Sprint 6.05 Xephyr Performance Intakes
Old 04-27-2001, 11:09 PM
w.t.f., mate?

Iridium,

I first applied for the CARB exemption during the 1st week of feb. I have not received any reply yet and 0 correspondance. I will send another application in on monday to try this mess again .... I'll post any updates here asap. incidently if anyone here is employed or affiliated with the California Air Resource Board that can help , please email me with ideas or advice how to bump this along...-many thanks!

Chris
Xephyr Performance, LLC.

</font>
Alright thanks a bunch.

Hey I e-mailed you a couple weeks ago, you ever get it?

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~Upgraded cupholder on the way!!!~
Old 04-27-2001, 11:17 PM
Banned

Iridium,

I dont recall an email from you... could you resend it to MrXephyr@xephyrperformance.com . Thanks

P.S.- Im heading out for the night to work on intake...- Intake of a large volume of alcohol. Followed by shipping...- of my self back home

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 01:15 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Iridium,

I dont recall an email from you... could you resend it to MrXephyr@xephyrperformance.com . Thanks

P.S.- Im heading out for the night to work on intake...- Intake of a large volume of alcohol. Followed by shipping...- of my self back home
</font>

Be Careful

------------------
- As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Navigation-Spoiler-Muds-Wheel locks-35% Tint-PIAA wedges-V1 and remote
Old 04-28-2001, 01:31 AM
w.t.f., mate?

</font>
You've earned it pal!!!!

Be careful on the ride home ya heard?

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~Upgraded cupholder on the way!!!~