Installed Eibach pro kit w/ KONIs

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Eibach pro kit w/ KONIs

This weekend I installed the eibach springs with the KONI shocks. The car considerably lower. It feels lower when I drive, and when I get in or out of the car, it's much closer to the ground. The turns are much better, they feel a lot more sure. I didn't try to corner too hard or too fast, but it feels like it would handle a fast turn. I left the KONI settings at default, which I think is the softest level. It feels stiffer than stock, but not too much, only when you go over rail road, or very bumpy road that you feel the stiffness.

There is one problem however, that I need your guys' input. Whe I had 4 people in my car, the rear left side was kind of knocking on turns. Also, the car kind of felt too low. I am thinking about making the back shocks stiffer, but I am wondering if there is something else I should do. If anyone has this kind of suspension setup, let me know what you did. Thanks.

Othere than that, i would recommend this to everybody.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:29 PM
on bin laden

i have had that exact same setup for about two years now. the konis have an upper and lower perch setting. i set all four on the upper perch. the front is the perfect drop, the back is about 1 inch higher than i'd like it. i get no knocking or rubbing with 19x8 rims on 235/35/19 tires. i have the front struts set as stiff as possible, the rears about a half turn off of being all the way stiff. the car stay neutral in the hard corners on the track.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Racer

You need to take the curves really fast!!!!!
You'll be surprised at what your car can do.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:49 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by fbazakos
i have had that exact same setup for about two years now. the konis have an upper and lower perch setting. i set all four on the upper perch. the front is the perfect drop, the back is about 1 inch higher than i'd like it. i get no knocking or rubbing with 19x8 rims on 235/35/19 tires. i have the front struts set as stiff as possible, the rears about a half turn off of being all the way stiff. the car stay neutral in the hard corners on the track.
Mine are both at the highest perk, and the rear looks like it couldn't be any lower. Did you ride get too firm on the highest setting, or is it not too bad. I am trying to keep my ride as close to the stock softness wise.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:06 AM
on bin laden

Originally posted by FPAEP
Mine are both at the highest perk, and the rear looks like it couldn't be any lower. Did you ride get too firm on the highest setting, or is it not too bad. I am trying to keep my ride as close to the stock softness wise.
i don't think its too firm. but i drive my car about twice a week. friday nights downtown, and saturday nights downtown, and about 10 times a year to the track. leave the rear seats out for about a week and tweak the setting each time you drive.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by FPAEP
send a link to some pictures....all the koni's ive seen have 3 perches stock center one up and one down from there...were these new? where 's you get them? the ones i just bought are from neuspeed and have 5 perch settings 2 up and 2 down from stock,and my stock is slightly higher then my O.E. shocks
Old 05-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Instructor

I bought mine from someone from this board. they were brand new, and looked like they are from KONI. However, mine only had 2 perches. This is making wonder. I just think that the NEUSPEED and regular are just different shocks. i will post the picture tommorow.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
the regulars have three perches part number for the regular koni yellow is as follows 8041-1258sp1 or sport...i have the SP3 you sohuld have the perch in the middle setting which is static then there should be one up and down from there....looking at koni's web site i think im wrong...it seems there's stock and lower ...rear lowers the car approx 15-20mm front 25mm... 25.4mm =1 inch...you should be on the top perch setting if you didnt want additional lowering over your eibach springs