Install of Springs/Sways! Read!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2001 | 07:49 PM
Intermediate

Install of Springs/Sways! Read!!!!

Well today I had my springs and sways installed by Park Avenue Acura by Jenns, and I got to tell you that it was the best investment I have done with the car!! Not only did the car handle like a dream it was ready for me in 4 hours!!! Jenns, THANKS for all your hard work and knowledge!! I got to admit, I did not want to do any aftermarket upgrades to the car since I use the car to commute everyday and since I never know when to stop upgrading my cars. As for other CL-S brothers and sisters out there!, DON'T DELAY!, get it done, you will thank yourself at the end! One last note, after calling all the dealerships in Northern New Jersey, I got to admit that Park Avenue was the only dealership that caters to Comptech FREAKS like us.

Thanks,
Joe S.

PS~ Jenns, see ya soon for the headers and I would like to maybe take you out for a drink!!

------------------
Acura CL-S 01, Tafetta White/Ebony, Navi, Polished BBS RK wheels with 225/45/17 P7000SS, Custom Dyed Wood Peices,Comptech Springs and Sways. On the way, Comptech Headers and Exhaust.
Old 02-20-2001 | 07:54 PM
Suzuka Master

First of all I know exactly how you feel, congrats.!!!

Soopa how bout u add a success story fourm or after mods fourm. Now that everyones loves the comptechs, and if someone new comes all they have to do is check that fourm out.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 02-20-2001 | 09:36 PM
retired

You're welcome Mr. Santos wait till you get the headers on that car!!! Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA headlamp system tinted custom taillites and on and on
Old 02-20-2001 | 10:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Joe I'm happy to hear your Park Avenue experience went well. Jens (pronounced like the Chinese money) is an excellent mechanic and totally good guy. I'll never forget how this very tall and very thin guy in a white coat came bounding thru the service doors to talk to me. I'm thinking how does he get into a Miata let alone under a car even when on a lift. Joe I hope you received one of those little courtesy tags that Park Avenue hangs on your shifter or mirror with Jens picture on it. Don't throw it out because I'm going to start collecting them.

Jens, I'm just playing around so don't be mad at me. Especially when you have to do my brakes.

Peace
Rob

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
•White\Black
•Comptech Springs
•Comptech Sways
•Navigation System
•Burlwood Shifter
•Guards+Fenderwell Trim
•Smokers Package
My Car
Old 02-21-2001 | 11:10 AM
Pro

Joe, Al
Thanks for the kind words about our efforts. We are continuing to expand our custom & speed operations and are also installing other accessories. We intend to make your visits with us easy, affordable and even enjoyable! Jens is indeed a dedicated and talented tech with a genuine passion for this type of work and we have state of the art facilities to make it all happen.

I am thinking of hosting a meet here on a Saturday this spring- possibly to coincide with the release of the new TL-S. If anyone is interested, let us know and we will see what we can do.

------------------
Wayne Gruen
Service Manager
Park Ave Acura
Old 02-21-2001 | 11:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wayneg:
Joe, Al
Thanks for the kind words about our efforts. We are continuing to expand our custom & speed operations and are also installing other accessories. We intend to make your visits with us easy, affordable and even enjoyable! Jens is indeed a dedicated and talented tech with a genuine passion for this type of work and we have state of the art facilities to make it all happen.

I am thinking of hosting a meet here on a Saturday this spring- possibly to coincide with the release of the new TL-S. If anyone is interested, let us know and we will see what we can do.
</font>
Can you send Jens to the Dallas area, we have a shortage of Comptech/Acura service. I had a place install my springs but had to read them the alignment proceedure out of the service manual. Then went to an Acura service center for an alignment. I had to talk the manager into attemping an alignment because he said it wouldn't work even after I showed him the specs from Comptech. Finally he agreed to attemp it. It worked out ok but still it was a hassel.

Old 02-21-2001 | 12:23 PM
Pizdetz

Jsantos, glad to hear that you're happy with the mods...I am also saving for springs & sways & can't wait to visit Jens for the install!

I've visited other acura dealers and I have to say that Park Avenue Acura is the best!

wayneg - I'd deinitely be interested in a meet, please post when you have more info.

------------------
Sundance Gold CL-S
Spoiler, Navi, mud guards, 35% tint, air horn, remote starter
Comptech springs & sways are next!
Old 02-21-2001 | 05:10 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wayneg:
Joe, Al

</font>
Greetings Wayne. Do the meet and I'll be there if I have no conflicts with my kids having to be somewhere. Hey wait, isn't this now the reason why I stay married? The wife will take the kids if necessary and be sure I'll go to the meet.

Wayne your yet to be announced "NSX test drive" for Park Avenue patrons will be an excellent idea for all who attend!

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
•White\Black
•Comptech Springs
•Comptech Sways
•Navigation System
•Burlwood Shifter
•Guards+Fenderwell Trim
•Smokers Package
My Car