Im really geeting fed up w/ keys acura

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im really geeting fed up w/ keys acura

ok, let me ask everyone a question, i took my car in for a replacement cd unit and while i was there i asked if they could fix the rattle in the moonroof and readjust my headlights [the right is aiming a bit down]. i get my car back and everything was fine but i turn on my headlights and the right is still down. Let me just clarify that these people at Keys like to sugar coat everything so they get a high customer satisfaction rate, and it gets very irritating. So i just got to work and i called the agent who delt with me and told him my delima. He stated that the HID system in the car is self adjusting and there is nothing they can do to realign it. I straight up told the cat that this was bullshit, so he told me to come in friday and he'd help work out the problem..... now for you guys, can i adjust the lights or is this "self adjusting system" just a piece of shit?
Old 03-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Racer

some one.... any one... ? and do i need to get any different type of coverter for the phillips DR2 bulbs?
Old 03-24-2004, 07:55 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the headlights are not self adjusting.... he is smoking crack.

d2r and d2s bulbs have the same connector
Old 03-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Suzuka Master

"I DON'T KNOW" is something they need to practice saying

Keyes has also been pleasant and nice to me, but wouldn’t fix my lazy seatbelt retractor – among other things.

Please see the following (the headlights are adjustable). I really dislike people who can’t or refuse to add the following phrase: “I don’t know … but I’ll see if I can find out.”

Helms (2001 CL/CLS factory service manual) -- page 22-114:

Headlight Adjustment

Before adjusting the headlights:
* Park the vehicle on a level surface.
* Make sure the tire pressures are correct.
* The driver or someone who weights [weighs] the same should sit in the driver’s seat.

1. Clean the outer lens so that you can see the center of the headlights.

2. Park the vehicle in front of a wall or a screen. (EricL note: horizontal distance is shown as 25 feet from center of lens assembly to wall or screen.)

3. Open the hood.

4 Turn the low beams on.

5. Determine if the headlights are aimed properly.

Vertical adjustment:
Measure the height of the headlights (A). The lights should reflect 52mm (2.1 in) below (B) headlight height.

Horizontal adjustment:
The width of the refracting points C should be the same as the width of the headlight central points D and E

EricL note: A, B, C, D, and E are all shown in a pictorial diagram in the Helms. Look, the suckers should just do the adjustment for you. As best as I can tell the width of the lights as shown on the wall (or screen) should be about as wide as the center of your HID bulbs. (Haven’t done the adjustment on this car, so all’s I can do is pass along some info and hope it’s in the ballpark.)

6. If necessary, adjust the headlights to local requirements by turning the horizontal adjuster (A) and the vertical adjuster (B). It would be nice if someone could scan the image on page 22-115 for you. Being a bit lazy and tired at the moment, I haven’t looked in the engine compartment to identify the “adjusters”.

Perhaps this will help a little, and someone else will finish off with the final details for you.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Im really geeting fed up w/ keys acura

Originally posted by KPSBUDS420
I straight up told the cat that this was bullshit, so he told me to come in friday and he'd help work out the problem..... now for you guys, can i adjust the lights or is this "self adjusting system" just a piece of shit?
BTW, give him a copy of this thread if you like...
Old 03-25-2004, 12:36 AM
Got a Job!

thats BS...

If you pop your hood, you can adjust the headlight height. Chek out this thread...

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=50672

It's fairly easy, as it should only take a few minutes to do. Make sure to mark your spots so you kno where the ligths shown originally. Also, adjusting the lights just by about 1-1.5" does a HUGE difference. The entire time I've had this car, I've felt that the headlights were shown wayyyyyyyyyyyy too low. I mean shit, most people I kno have their headlights shining atleast a hundred feet in front of em. Mine were just shining like 40-50 feet in front of me. So I adjusted them and now I can see the whole road; it's GREAT!
Old 03-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Dem1K
thats BS...

If you pop your hood, you can adjust the headlight height. Chek out this thread...

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=50672

It's fairly easy, as it should only take a few minutes to do. Make sure to mark your spots so you kno where the ligths shown originally. Also, adjusting the lights just by about 1-1.5" does a HUGE difference. The entire time I've had this car, I've felt that the headlights were shown wayyyyyyyyyyyy too low. I mean shit, most people I kno have their headlights shining atleast a hundred feet in front of em. Mine were just shining like 40-50 feet in front of me. So I adjusted them and now I can see the whole road; it's GREAT!
Unfortunatly, the pictures -- at the moment -- are not showing up...
Old 03-25-2004, 12:45 AM
ALi G in the House!

whatever u do don't go to santa monica acura..they suck ass
Old 03-25-2004, 12:49 AM
Got a Job!

Yea I know...

I used that thread at a template and its pretty self explanatory. Just follow the directions. When you pop the hood you'll see something written in the plastic like "U <-> D" and basically if you are facing the cabin...you turn in the direction of the U to turn it up, and in the direction of D for making it go down. I didn't get to use the pictures either. It's very simple. All you need is a philips screwdriver and a flashlight couldn't hurt. Also a pen or something to mark on the wall where your headilghts beam at.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:59 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by Dem1K
Yea I know...

I used that thread at a template and its pretty self explanatory. Just follow the directions. When you pop the hood you'll see something written in the plastic like "U <-> D" and basically if you are facing the cabin...you turn in the direction of the U to turn it up, and in the direction of D for making it go down. I didn't get to use the pictures either. It's very simple. All you need is a philips screwdriver and a flashlight couldn't hurt. Also a pen or something to mark on the wall where your headilghts beam at.
The Helms info I posted above said the horizontal distance is 25-feet. The spots on the wall should be 2.1 inches below the measured height of the center of the lenses. A tape measure should finish off the tools requirements. (The width seems like a no-brainer with the width on the wall == width of the center of the headlights.)

The last note about using a 10mm wrench might be worth noting (the Helms shows the teeth, but the picture looked "funny" using a small philips to "mesh" with the gear teeth (I guess it depends on what philips you have...)
Old 03-25-2004, 01:20 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can use a D2S bulbs..just need a dremel tool.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Racer

u guys r great, thank you
Old 03-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Got a Job!

np