If you have upgraded the interior speakers please respond

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2001, 11:36 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have upgraded the interior speakers please respond

Hi,

I was thinking of upgrading my interior speakers. Do you guys have any comments or suggestions? Any AMP preferences?

Thanks,

Spiro

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 04-26-2001, 02:23 AM
Instructor

Hey man...Just wanted to give my 2 cents and ask a few questions.

A lot of people bag on the BOSE stereos. Big mistake. They are very clean, and will not blow easily. Are you looking for a competition system or do you really like driving around blasting and stuff like that.

I am not going to tell you competition stuff, cause its very expensive, and since you dont really know what you want (please dont take offense to this) you are not interested in competing.

Ok, so here is what i suggest. Get MBQUART speakers and tweeters. All you need is one ROCKFORD FOSGATE amp (800) to power a plenty them all. The Xplod is not bad too, IF YOU WILL NO BLAST THE SYSTEM FOR A LONG TIME.

Subs, Rockfords, JLAUDIO, MTX, all are ok. STAY CLEAR OF BRANDS THAT MAKE HOME SYSTEMS LIKE KENWOOD AND SUCH, they suck. Again, a ROCKFORD amp (1000) is enough to power them all. (subs i assume youll get 2 12")

The real difference between this setup and competition systems are the amps For comtetions, youd want McIntosh amps. But this setup is great. Go to CRUTCHFIELD.com, and they have pretty good prices on stuff. Youll also need caps. 1 big one is enough...IF YOU DO NOT GET CAPS, AND HAVE THEM PROPERLY INSTALLED, YOU WILL:
a. Drain your battery in 1 minute
b. Get dim headlights
c. Electrical equipment wont function
d. blow fuses constantly
e. ALL OF THE ABOVE.

The complete system should cost around 7000 dollars including labor. However, a lot of shops will do free labor if you buy a certain amount of stuff from them BEWARE OF CHEAP INSTALLATION PRICES!!!

If you just wanna cruise around and blast some tunes, just get 1 amp and a sub in the trunk (500-1000 dollars)

Biggest tip i can give you is...DO NOT BUY WHAT THE SHOP RECOMMENDS AND PUSHES...(unless you know them and they wont dick you over) Many times the shop gets paid to sell a certain product, thus pushing its sales.
Heres also a list of products to avoid:
SPEAKERS
Kenwood...not EXCELON
Infinity
Pioneer Subwoofers...speakers are ok
SONY XPLOD!!!
POLK
Jensen
Clarion
JBL (high prone to blowing)

SUBS
Kenwood Tornado
Sony XPLOD...XPLOD ES is another story
INFINITY (overheat like crazy)

Hope this helps. And people...if you own one of the above metioned speakers... please dont get mad and start flaming up in here. I am telling the truth from many years of experience. I have tested all these speakers and only recommend the best.

------------------
San Marino CLS, Ebony Interior, Custom red laquer trim, navigation, 5 TVs, PANASONIC DVD head unit, MBQUART sound system with 10 speakers (4 custom installed) 11 tweeters, 3 SONY EXPLOD ES subs, 3 ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1100 amps, 2 ALPINE V12 Amps, Solaris lights, 0% tint all around, Comptech exaust, custom installed Valentine 1, custom power rear sunshade, Comptech headers, AEM CAI, Eibach prokit, PIAA Hyperwhite Platinums, MM Wheels, TOYO TS1 proxy, and more!!!
Old 04-26-2001, 02:31 AM
Instructor

i am doing a complete system in my car right now. i agree with what nirvanaib said except for the rockford amp. sure the give you plenty of power (the are actually underated power wise), but i dont think they sound really good. so if you are going for a system that sounds good go with an alpine or jl audio four channel amp and maybe a rockford for the subs. i base my opinions on having a stereo system installed on every car i have had.

------------------
01' Silver cl type s
comptech headers,exhaust,springs ,sways, koni shocks

18 ssr gpo decoltes & brake upgrades on the way
Old 04-26-2001, 03:20 AM
Instructor

MyComptech...
Im not sure what you mean...
I have won 2 competition against other amps, (i have alpine and they are not as good as the rockfords)and my buddy also wins a lot with his rockfords. Maybee the cheaper rockfords suck, but the 800's and up are really great. Almost never overheat, NEVER BURN OUT, and sound quality is great. Another thing...the art of installation is important. You can have the best amp in the world, but if you dont tweak it right, you speakers will sound like crap. All about intallation baby!!!

------------------
San Marino CLS, Ebony Interior, Custom red laquer trim, navigation, 5 TVs, PANASONIC DVD head unit, MBQUART sound system with 10 speakers (4 custom installed) 11 tweeters, 3 SONY EXPLOD ES subs, 3 ROCKFORD FOSGATE 1100 amps, 2 ALPINE V12 Amps, Solaris lights, 0% tint all around, Comptech exaust, custom installed Valentine 1, custom power rear sunshade, Comptech headers, AEM CAI, Eibach prokit, PIAA Hyperwhite Platinums, MM Wheels, TOYO TS1 proxy, and more!!!
Old 04-26-2001, 05:04 AM
Pro

Nirvanaib,

What about Soundstream and XTant amps? What's your opinion of them?

------------------
Frank
01-S White/Parchment
Comptech Sways & Springs
Old 04-26-2001, 05:12 AM
Instructor

Speakers:
front: Focal 165K2
back (rear fill): Focal 690HC or Infinity Kappa 693.1i
I think your car has 6x9's in the back.. not sure though... more familiar with the Accord

AMPS: The new JL Audio Amps are very very nice.
Subs: Depends if you want SPL or SQ. JL Audio is known to have a pretty good balance. You can always go with Focal or even Velodyne subs... but you are getting a little costly there

You may also want to get an EQ / Crossover setup... Audiocontrol has some nice stuff.

But don't trust me on this stuff... go listen for yourself. People have different opinions and this is mine.
Old 04-26-2001, 09:56 AM
Instructor

ok if you like them thats coo. i have two 800a2 and one 800a4. those are the amps i used to use. personally i like the jl audio amps. they aren't gonna give the same amount of power as the rockfords but they will give constant power since they have a regulated power supply. that means i will always have the same power no matter what voltage my amps are getting. by the way, i'll sell you my rockfords if you want them. what kind of competitions have you won? i placed six in a miny db drag competition at my local audio shop. i was using rockfard amps then. anyway before getting my new jl audio amps for my cl and the alpine amps for my jeep, i have gone through at least five rockford amps so its not that i dont like them its just that now i prefer the jl's.

------------------
01' Silver cl type s

Old 04-26-2001, 09:59 AM
Instructor

has anyone heard of a/d/s/ ??? i heard those are really good components.
i have 1 JL w6 in a cubic square box and running that is a MTX thunder 500d.
sounds pretty good. about the bose speaker... its pretty shitty compared to aftermarket component sets. when you turn up the volume all the way, you could hear tons of distortion. especially when playing a song with alot of mids....
Old 04-26-2001, 10:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Nirvanaib,

If I want to just add some more bass (not a 3 block radius bass, just some mild bass at lower volumes) to the stock bose system, what is the recommendation for the amp and subwoofer? (decent quality but inexpensive)

Something that I can control from the front, best would be something that can be tuned so the stock radio bass control has some effect. I don't know if a separate power switch is needed or not (I could add a stock fog-lamp switch to the dash to turn on/off the amp/sub).

If I am correct, there are two types of subwoofers, standard round speakers and a tube. With the round speakers I would need some type of box enclosure and they take up more room, the tubes are fairly compact and easy to place. I am looking for compact and simple.

For the amp, I would need to run a power cable either from the battery, or can I go from an empty spot on the fuse box?
I have the speaker wiring diagrams, so what I was going to do was tap into the rear channels before the bose amp, and send this signal to both the subwoofer bass amp, and the stock bose amp.

Thanks!!

------------------
2001 Satin Silver CL Type S.
No Navi, PIAA 19169, Comptech Sways, Century Childseat, Mudguards.
Old 04-26-2001, 11:56 AM
KISS MY

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spiroh:
Hi,

I was thinking of upgrading my interior speakers. Do you guys have any comments or suggestions? Any AMP preferences?

Thanks,

Spiro

</font>
Hey you coming to the meet Sat? I did an upgrade to MB quarts all the way around and have ppi amps the are very clean looking... email me and I give you full details on some of the draw backs and things to beware of when you do the install...
What

------------------
01- Acura CL silver 3.2-s
20% tint 35%front window
Bose Mods.. Mod's to come headers and springs
Old 04-26-2001, 12:16 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nirvanaib:
...list of products to avoid:
SUBS
Kenwood Tornado
Sony XPLOD...XPLOD ES is another story
INFINITY (overheat like crazy)

</font>
You wouldn't recommend Infinity Perfects? I was thinking about getting 2 10" Perfects and then maybe upgrading the rest of the system with Kappas.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fast_daddy_car:
If I am correct, there are two types of subwoofers, standard round speakers and a tube. With the round speakers I would need some type of box enclosure and they take up more room, the tubes are fairly compact and easy to place. I am looking for compact and simple.</font>
Tubes don't sound as well in trunks, especially since our cars are made to keep trunk noise out of the cabin, they're better for hatchbacks.

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 04-26-2001).]
Old 04-26-2001, 12:31 PM
Instructor

Try Focal for speakers and Xtant for amp.
They sound very good & clean.

01'cl-s
Focals & Xtant
Old 04-26-2001, 12:35 PM
magnet

i have 2 12 jl audio subs and all my mids and higfhs are all jl audio.........speakers are great

------------------
2001 3.5 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, iceman cold air intake(custom)nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter, dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished, vtec timing

my old car www.hondatech.org/99acv6ic.html
my cl http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...064&Sequence=0
Old 04-26-2001, 01:35 PM
Drifting

I already have a system in the back. I am running 2 10" Infinity Perfects hooked up to a JBL 1200.1 Sounds REALLY nice. I have the amp turned up about half way and its just enough to satisfy my bass hunger. I have an extra Punch 800a2 laying around. Can I use that 800a2 for my interior speakers? I know its not 4 channel so I might run into problems. a/d/s make excellent audio equipment. For the money they have the best subs for SQ. 312rs (310rs) are excellent subs. They do need a big sealed box for optimum performance. I dont want to compete with my car. I know that Focals, and Dynaudios are the best, but too much money for me. I dont want to spend more then 500 in the interioir speakers. My friend says he can get me the Xtant A4004 for like $275, should I go with that? I just want something that sounds good.

Spiro

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 04-26-2001, 01:39 PM
Drifting

sigs21,

Unfortunately I wont make the meet. If its ok with yo maybe we can hookup, so I can see your setup. I'm from Skokie, which is not far at all from the city.

Spiro

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 04-26-2001, 06:32 PM
Drifting

Help me. =(

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 04-26-2001, 06:53 PM
Ace rider

Help me. =(

</font>
Just another opinion...I used to have PPI amps and have used a/d/s, Infinity and Sony stuff. I have relatives and friends with MB Quarts, Fosgate amps, Soundstream, Phoenix Golds, JL Audio, Nakamichi, Alpine and many others.

If you want good clean sound from your fronts, use a/d/s or MB Quarts. MB sounds a little brighter in general, so I prefer the a/d/s, but they are both dead accurate fronts, listen to them both. For the power to them, I prefer clean, low-distortion, un-colored amps such as Xtant, PPI (Art series, the new ones aren't as good), or a/d/s...maybe Phoenix Gold (they can be great even at 1 ohm impedance). I've also heard good things about Mcintosh amps, but they are way expensive. a/d/s has an 8 channel amp that can power everything for you if you want a single amp. But for subwoofers, I would get the Fosgates, since these are well-tuned for running subs. Infinity's aren't bad at all, they give you a great bang for the buck and sound clearer than most of what Crutchfield has. But most competitors win with the higher end stuff like a/d/s or MB Quart. I also see a lot of winners with Xtant amps.

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler
Retired: 94 540i
Old 04-26-2001, 07:04 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
ok since u guys brought this up.. i have some questions too about my woofers
i have two audiobanh 10" in my trunk and some whatever amp with 8 gauge wires, also my strobe lights and fog lights's power is from my red power cable too...
everytime when i step ont he brake.. my woofers stop working.. bass goes away.. and when i start to drove.. bass comes back.

some of my friends told me that i should get at least 4 gauge power cable and a better amp and rewire my whole shit.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??
Old 04-26-2001, 07:14 PM
KISS MY

sigs21,

Unfortunately I wont make the meet. If its ok with yo maybe we can hookup, so I can see your setup. I'm from Skokie, which is not far at all from the city.

Spiro
when every you want let me know I like to drive car sits a lot not driven in chitown.. CTA taken way to much.....
</font>

------------------
20% tint 35%front window
Old 04-26-2001, 07:20 PM
KISS MY

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oonowindoo:
ok since u guys brought this up.. i have some questions too about my woofers
i have two audiobanh 10" in my trunk and some whatever amp with 8 gauge wires, also my strobe lights and fog lights's power is from my red power cable too...
everytime when i step ont he brake.. my woofers stop working.. bass goes away.. and when i start to drove.. bass comes back.

some of my friends told me that i should get at least 4 gauge power cable and a better amp and rewire my whole shit.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??
</font>

no help but 4 gauge depends on the power of the amp... are you running everything off the one amp... I get feed back from my amp thats because I am cheap and don't want another battery...

------------------
20% tint 35%front window
Old 04-26-2001, 07:39 PM
Instructor

Whoa Whoa Whoa...so many questions...

OK, lets try this one at a time.

First of all. I have never used soundstream or Xtant amps, so youre gonna have to ask someone who used them. As far as speakers go...MBQUARTS are considered to be the best. I have used almost every kind of speaker, and NONE can produce sound quality at very high levels like the MB's. Their magnet is HUGE! Now...about Infinity, although i cant comment on the perfects...i can on the KAPPAS. I hate them. They feel like they are made on some island by a 3 year old working for 6 cents an hour. They sound mediocre, and cost a good amount. (compared to others)I think if you want great Inexpensive speakers...BLAUPUNKT Aluminum Injected Overdrives are awesome (www.blaupunkt.com)
Now...as far as McIntosh amps go...They are the best amps money can buy. Period. They also cost a shitload. So if you dont compete, look somewhere else.

To people who want a little more oomph in their bass. I truly recommend 1 ROCKFORD amp and one or two rockford PUNCH DVC subs. They are great, no distortion, and very good build quality. MBQUART subs are ok too.but they are more clarity than power. If you dont wanna blow the block up with bass...the MBQUARTS have incredible sound.

Next..comments on JL audio...i dont like their amps as much as the subs. Their subs are great. Amps id look elsewhere...cause they do cost a lot, and dont perform like others. Thing is, ANY amp is good if you arent gonna blow the neighberhood, but if you want long, continuous power, you need to get an amp like rockford that wont overheat and in some cases (SONY, KENWOOD etc)burn up and explode.

FAST DADDY....to add a nice little bass to the CLS, doesnt take much. You can do it ALL for 700 dollars. 1 amp and 2 subs (10")
plus a shitload of dynamat (a must if you want good sound) will cost no more than 700. Even less if you can do it yourself.
WARNING>>>DO NOT INSTALL YOUR OWN AMP IF YOU ARE NOT A PRO. I dont care how simple the instructions seem to you. I had a friend who thought he can do it, and wound up stuck in the middle of a highway cause his battery drained. Like i said before, it has to be connected to the battery, and also, if you can spare a few bucks, get 1 CAP. System will work much better.

As far as tubes go...I am not big on them. They are great for like a 2 seater like an S2000 where you can maybee it behind the seat...tubes are made for INSIDE the car. As someone stated, hatchbacks are what they are made for...jeeps too.

About your amps that stop working..there may be a few problems...either they are overheating...(least likely), or, you have no caps, which when car is stopped loses power (not a constant power flow) thus shuts down the woofers as protection.

As far as I know...my new setup is considered to be the best car audio money can buy. 3 McIntosh Amps, 3 Eclipse all aluminum bottomless subwoofers and MBQUARTS for the inside. I honestly dont think you can get better than that. If you got cash to spare...you will not be sorry. It will sound like a concert hall.

As far as to what competitions I won, "Speedworld" 2001 Audio tournament...(which is my shop..they used my car as their show) car. I wont 2 in Englishtown...dont rmemeber the names, and a local one here in Queens ( a borough in NYC) After I get my new system, I am gonna go play with the big boys. Theres this guy on my block with a Expedition with 12 - 6 1/2inch speakers...30 tweeters, and get this... 12..yes 12 15" subs. and amps out the ass (8 batteries, 10 caps, no backseat ) Sick sound. Blows peoples windows out.
So, my fingers are tired as shit from typing all that, so if I didnt answer something, ask me and ill be glad to help,
_-Have a good one.

------------------
Old 04-27-2001, 02:32 AM
Instructor

By the way...when you look at the BOSE speakers...you will be very surprised at how great they sound for such quality. I still cant believe that BOSE is a "premium" sound system, and still have that kind of material. Crazy capitalists

------------------
Old 04-27-2001, 08:51 AM
Instructor

just out of curiousity, what do you need 10 speakers and 11 tweeters for? and what is the purpose of the odd 11th tweeter. man i wish i lived close to you, i'd like to hear how your steup sounds.

------------------
01' Silver cl type s

Old 04-27-2001, 09:42 AM
Pro

Hey man,

Well amps I've had so far are Rockford Fosgate, Sony Mobile ES, Soundstream, MTX, and Xtant amps. All are nice however for subs I'd recommend Rockford Fosgate, only cause they're cheap and sound decent (subs don't need that great of an amp).

Interiors, I wouldn't use Fosgate, they are way too harsh and not musical. The Xtant I had was very nice, however Xtant has QC problems as did mine. It blew up one day when I did not even run it hard.

I've heard a/d/s speakers and amps and .... WOW. Great stuff... I'd recommend their speakers and amps.... however the new Focal Utopia line is superior... but it depends on your taste. Great interior amps... but overpriced...

Personally I am using Focal 6.5 for the fronts and Diamond Audio Motorsports in the rear running a Sony Mobile ES 7547 (75x4). It was in Car Audio Magazine and was competing against a McIntosh amp that I was going to get and outscored it. The amp is ok.... really clean... but not much character.... and it's HUGE. (The McIntosh was $1200 the Sony ES was $400... which would you choose?)

Good luck..... and try to listen to the products before you buy.

------------------
1997 Acura 2.2 CL (5spd)
rubber tires, windshield wipers, headlights, horn, steering wheel, BRAKE PEDAL, clutch, brake pads, driver seat, passenger seat, back seat, front windshield, rear windshield (with defroster), lumbar support, cruise control, intermitent wiper control, sun roof (tinted), engine, pistons (only 4), emergency brake handle, trunk w/ tools, spare tire
Old 04-27-2001, 11:23 AM
Drifting

The only subs I would recommmend to people are:

OZ Audio
Audiomobile MASS
Infinity Perfect
Soundstream Exacts
Aumapro Alchemy
Image Dynamics
a/d/s 3 series (best SQ)

If you bought any of the above subs, you will love your system. RF Punch's are too sloppy.

Spiro

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 04-27-2001, 12:56 PM
Instructor

Depends which RF punches you get. The DVC's are sick. They are one of the most expensive. Also, like I said before...all subs sound like shit (not shit, but not good), IF YOU DONT GET A SEALED BOX. I have my whole box sealed, and the box "exaust" is through the passthrough. I had a kickass custom grill put in. As for my eleventh tweeter....I got it, because when my shop did a sound test, it said i was uneven in the rear. So I had one more tweeter put in. When the system is at full power (10000watts, yes, 10000) the tweeters will melt your ears with their tsssssssssss sounds. God bless MBQUART. McIntosh amps have to be tuned correctly. I know people with every amp imaginable, and no amp, can compare to Mcintosh when properlly tuned. When I get my paint job and new system, im gonna drive down to south beach and blow the place up. Ill meet up with some people there. Now if I can only get to california

------------------
Old 04-27-2001, 02:52 PM
Team Owner

Nirvanaib,

Do you have any photos of your ride?
The interior specifically.

With that much $$$$$ spent on your car, I would guess you could easily afford a digital camera....NO???

Thanks,
Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Xephyr CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 04-27-2001, 03:05 PM
Instructor

No I dont have pictures, and the money/camera comment is getting really annoying. I dont sit at my computer all day, and as hard as it may be to belive...i am very tight with my money...so i wont spend 200 bucks on something i wont use...or make some people belive something. I will meet up with NYC people...specifically eclipse and stonecl, and they will take pictures. Since I have a lot of flame posts...i will also try to get a digital videocamera someone...and show my friends 528i BURN an M5, and keep pace with a 911 Turbo. The pictures of my car will be up by June. I will get it redone soon, so what you will see all 100% new.

------------------
Old 04-27-2001, 03:21 PM
Team Owner

Woe man...........TIME OUT !!!

This is the first time I asked you and I wasn’t aware of all that other SHIT you mentioned.
I am not implying that you are a liar, I just wanted to check out your system.

PEACE.............

Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Xephyr CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 04-28-2001, 07:24 PM
Instructor

so what amp is the 11th tweeter hooked up to. how is it wired in corectly. do you a seperate one for it?

------------------
01' Silver cl type s

Old 04-28-2001, 07:27 PM
Instructor

oh and im not trying to piss you off or anything. i'm just really intrested in your system. i've always loved car stereos so i'm tyring to learn more bout them. so please dont take any of my questions directed at you the wrong way.

------------------
01' Silver cl type s

Old 04-28-2001, 11:53 PM
Instructor

Dont worry man...I take no offense to any question. I just get ticked when people ask me to post pics, and say that a guy with this kind of stereo cant afford a digicam. Its cool if you didnt know though.
For my 11th tweeter...(im getting 1 more to even out)Its just hooked up to the same amp as the others. I tied two wires together (from 2 tweeters ) as one. I just replaced my system this week...I have 4 total amps...1 ROCKFORD 1100 for the subs, and two ROCKFORD 800's for the speakers. Also one McIntosh for the radio, and speakers (i didnt put all the speakers on the rockfords so that they never overheat. Sounds great now. I want to get my car into motor trend...will take some time, but i hope to get our beloved CLS respected just as much as bimmers.

------------------
San Marino CLS, Ebony Interior, Custom red laquer trim, navigation, 5 TVs, PANASONIC DVD head unit, MBQUART sound system with 10 speakers (4 custom installed) 11 tweeters, 3 ROCKFORD FOSGATE Amps (1100, 800), 3 ECLIPSE Aluminum subs, 1 McIntosh amp, Solaris lights, 0% tint all around, Comptech exaust, custom installed Valentine 1, custom power rear sunshade, Comptech headers, AEM CAI, Eibach prokit, PIAA Hyperwhite Platinums, MM Wheels, TOYO TS1 proxy, and more!!!
Old 04-30-2001, 08:10 AM
Instructor

buy any chance, did they have to remove either of your front seats? i have my alpine iva c800 brain undr the fornt driver seat and my playstation 2 under passenger seat. i got my car back to play around with for the past two days but they get it back to finish up tomorrow. anyway, after putting back in the front seats my srs light has been on. have any info on that?

------------------
01' Silver cl type s

Old 07-11-2003, 06:18 PM
Advanced

sorry to butt in on your thread, but just browsing and saw the SRS question. the srs is turned off from light weights in the passenger seat, which signals a child in the seat so the airbag doesn't come out. the circuit this runs on is apparantly prone to interference, because elecrical currents running close to it can sometimes screw it up. a/c power inverters do it, cell phones charging while sitting on the passenger seat, or in your case probably the ps2. i dont know if there is a way to shield the current or something to stop this from happening, or maybe the passenger is just screwed in a crash.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:24 PM
Moderator Alumnus

kill it!