if..!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2001, 12:57 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if..!!

i have a black 3.2 cl type s with navi system, spoiler, splash gaurd, fendertrim, 5 spoke chrome rims, and custom tinting on all windows except driver side....
-now i want to change my cl into red b/c its so nice and catches your eyes...madd hot..and i dont think it is so hard to clean as for a black cl like mine...

if you guys have a choise to change the color of your 3.2 cl... what color would it be or would you just keep it as it is and why...????

thank you
Old 04-30-2001, 01:13 AM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really like tha aegeam, or sema blue!
Old 04-30-2001, 01:22 AM
I love my CL-S

Time to change your user name my friend~

------------------
01 silver cl-s
AEM CAI red
K&N air filter (Out)
Piaa 19169
Cannon winter floor mats
35% tint all around
Old 04-30-2001, 01:30 AM
Instructor

silver, looks like a bullet, easy to keep clean, no swirl mark, harder to see scratches, contrast the red lights in back.

------------------
'01 CL-S black bone stock
with the best radar in the world, Valentine One
Old 04-30-2001, 01:45 AM
Racer

When I was looking for a new car, silver was my first color choice. When I decided on the CL-S and saw it in San Marino Red I changed my mind and went with the red. If I had it to do over again, I still would choose the red. IMO, it's the best looking color it bright sunlight when kept clean. There is no way that an immaculate red CL-S goes down the street on a bright sunny day without people taking notice. It seems to me that the deep red of the CL-S really catches your eye.

My second choice would still be silver. I'm glad I went with red because of the above explanation as well as the fact that it seems the majority of CL's out there are silver.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that red is easy to take care of. It might be easier than black, but I think it's probably the second hardest color to keep looking good. But when it looks good, it looks GOOD!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S - San Marino Red / Parchment - #26519
non-nav - spoiler - wheel locks - splash guards - PIAA 19169s - Zaino baby! - Pics of my car

[This message has been edited by TakeFlight (edited 04-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by TakeFlight (edited 04-29-2001).]
Old 04-30-2001, 02:33 AM
Retired. Not available.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TakeFlight:
When I was looking for a new car, silver was my first color choice. When I decided on the CL-S and saw it in San Marino Red I changed my mind and went with the red. If I had it to do over again, I still would choose the red. IMO, it's the best looking color it bright sunlight when kept clean. There is no way that an immaculate red CL-S goes down the street on a bright sunny day without people taking notice. It seems to me that the deep red of the CL-S really catches your eye.

My second choice would still be silver. I'm glad I went with red because of the above explanation as well as the fact that it seems the majority of CL's out there are silver.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that red is easy to take care of. It might be easier than black, but I think it's probably the second hardest color to keep looking good. But when it looks good, it looks GOOD!
</font>
You are right about both colors
As for red, the cl's deep red catches everyone's attention (including cops).
And silver, man, there are so many drivers out there dig silver (i'm one of them). in the Houston meet, I kept going to the wrong car . Fortunately, there aren't that many CLs in Houston.

------------------
'01 Silver CL-S
Old 04-30-2001, 03:19 AM
w.t.f., mate?

Pimp Daddy Gold has really grown on me...

But I'd probably stick with silver, or get the Aegean blue.

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~Upgraded cupholder on the way!!!~
Old 04-30-2001, 04:03 AM
Pro

i would have gotten that new blue that they added this month to the line.
Old 04-30-2001, 05:49 PM
Who's Your Daddy

Red does look nice...Webtoker's CL-S is red and since he cleared out the headlights it looks very clean

------------------
Silver 01' Type-S w/all the trimmins
Acura loyalty
retired a 2000 TL and a 94' Acura Legend Coupe
Comptech Springs, axle-back exhaust,headers
AEM CAI
yellow bumper (fog lights) bulbs
Clear Headlights
Old 04-30-2001, 06:02 PM
Who's Your Daddy

testing

------------------
Silver 01' Type-S w/all the trimmins
Acura loyalty
retired a 2000 TL and a 94' Acura Legend Coupe
Comptech Springs, axle-back exhaust,headers
AEM CAI
yellow bumper (fog lights) bulbs
Clear Headlights
Old 04-30-2001, 06:09 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
hey CL-Super, can you post a picture of your exhausts? I'm seriously considering them and would love to see them on a silver CLS since mine is silver too. Thanks.

------------------
Satin Silver Type S w/ Nav, H&R Springs, AEM CAI, PIAA 912 Stealths, 3M Clear Bra, 18" Mille Miglia MM11, 225/40/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE730
Old 04-30-2001, 06:17 PM
Drifting

I would have gone for the blue..

------------------
Eat Safe, Use Condiments
Red CL-S, non-Nav, 35% tint, M6 driving lights, M4 map and door lights
Old 04-30-2001, 06:24 PM
aka davo-tsx

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TakeFlight:

</font>
Ditto.
I drove the first Silver/Ebony that came to my dealer. I loved it but didn't want the ebony interior. Waited for his first Red/Parchment and bought it. I would still get the red, but the blue isn't too far behind. If I decide to get the TL-S, it will definetly be the blue/ebony!

------------------
'01 CLS #4055 Red/Parchment-all the goodies
Old 04-30-2001, 10:29 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by davo-cls:
Ditto.
I drove the first Silver/Ebony that came to my dealer. I loved it but didn't want the ebony interior. Waited for his first Red/Parchment and bought it. I would still get the red, but the blue isn't too far behind. If I decide to get the TL-S, it will definetly be the blue/ebony!
</font>
That picture looks familiar...

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S - San Marino Red / Parchment - #26519
non-nav - spoiler - wheel locks - splash guards - PIAA 19169s - Zaino baby! - Pics of my car