I Am Freakin Mad.(part2) Need Advice Asap!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 07:21 PM
The Liquidator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Am Freakin Mad.(part2) Need Advice Asap!!

First of all thx for all the support u guys gave..

K...I FOUND THE GREEN EXPLORER that was parked next to me that night and was nowhere to be found for the next 3 days...

TODAY i was walkin round the complex and i see him park at a diffenret location. I FOUND THE CAR. and my neighbors know the guy.
I also have evidence...See when he hit me he left a small piece of grey plastic between my fender......and its missing from his explorer's bumper..exact match..!!
NOW....I want u guys to tell me what should be my best course of action..
I alrdy have reported to cops earlier when it all happened and told em bout the green explorer...
NOW WAT SHOULD I DO 1ST??? can i do anything at all??

HERE R THE PICS.

my car
http://images2.fotki.com/v16/photos/...CCIDENT-vi.jpg

THE GREEN BITCH
http://images2.fotki.com/v17/photos/...ULPRIT2-vi.jpg
http://images2.fotki.com/v16/photos/...ULPRIT3-vi.jpg
http://images2.fotki.com/v16/photos/...ULPRIT3-vi.jpg
http://images2.fotki.com/v17/photos/...SPLATES-vi.jpg

PH
Old 02-09-2003, 07:29 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What did the cops say? Call a lawyer.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:30 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
call the cops and tell em you found the car....or tell em you are going to call the cops and have em cough up cash for a hit and run. But, i would call the cops
Old 02-09-2003, 07:41 PM
I'm Cool

i say go burn the car down, and sell her wife's body at ebay
Old 02-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
yeah, seems like you have evidence..... dont do anything drastic and violent. Call the cops.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:43 PM
I'm Cool

jk, go get a lawyer to help you out
Old 02-09-2003, 08:03 PM
3rd Gear

I would contact the police and submit a incident report on the matter. Make sure you provide the photos to the police officer when he takes your statement on the matter. Second get a estimate from 3 different body shops you would like go to. I honestly believe if don't notify the local law enforcement and you attempt to confront this individual. All he or she has to do is denied it and call you a liar without any proof. With the Police Incident Repot in hand you are able to deal from a position of strength and compel the individual to pay for the damages. I have been through many similar and exact situation with my Acura Cl Type-S. So take the advice and remain calm, but vigil in quest in restoring your ride it once prestine condition.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Get the police involved. It's a FUGGIN' hit and run!!! If you have proof, I don't know what you're waiting for.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:25 PM
Still trolling

Yeah, tell them you have the tag for the car that did it and know where it is.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:54 PM
Where is my super sauce?

1) Police report with your pictures.
2) Approach owner to settle this outright - body shop of your choice. No need for three quotes and going to the cheapest.
3) If nothing happens then decision time -- you can either
a) have your insurance company handle it and pay the deductible (they will pursue payment from the other guy), or
b) file this in small claims court - it should be more or less open & shut with your good photodocumentation. You will have to front the court fees and wait a while to be reimbursed (ie: win the case) for the repair.
4) get an attorney to take care of it. I probably wouldn't recommend this as it will cost you and there are other avenues to fix this that are easily available to you.

I would probably do 1, 2, 3a and end it there. Of course, affording my deductible is a non-issue and I fully believe that I have insurance to handle issues like this so I don't have to.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

Call the cops, get a lawyer and get the legal process on this going ASAP!
Old 02-09-2003, 09:00 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Bacon first...cook later.
Old 02-09-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro

It looks like you have strong evidence. Don't do anything stupid yet. Let the police/lawyers handle it.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:25 AM
TRELOS

Originally posted by 1killercls
Bacon first...cook later.

SWEET Analogy I will remember that one .

Juker008
Old 02-10-2003, 11:28 AM
TRELOS

I say go to ur local auto parts store and purchase a $5-$7 hand pump. Since it is an SUV u don't need to jack it up. Drain all the oil and pump in ur choice of refreshing beverages; ie. kerosine, 110 racing fuel, isopropl alchohol, what ever floats ur boat.

Juker008
Old 02-10-2003, 11:38 AM
Instructor

In most states, leaving the scene of an accident is a pretty serious crime.... I'd report the incident to the Police, ask them what you need to do next, and then get a lawyer to sue them.

That way, you cover both the civil and possible criminal aspects. They will face penalties from the state and get sued

Make an example of that asshole SUV driver... not even leaving a note on your car just makes my blood boil!!

Go get em!!!
Old 02-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

I'd get hold of the police and let them handle. You should do it soon unless you feel this SUV driver is not gonna fix the bumper. If they fix it, then the evidence is hidden. Then again, you already have pics of the damage on the SUV. I'd get it done with as fast as possible.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Drifting

I would ask your neighbors if this guy (assume) is a reasonable person. If so, tell him you believe he hit your car and you expect him to take care of it. If he does, alls well and nobody else gets involved. If he won't then you take what you have to the police and let them handle it.
YMMV
Old 02-10-2003, 12:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Definitely let the police handle it. That way you can get his insurance to pay for the damage.

This scumbag doesn't deserve the chance to handle this in a 'civilized manner.' He has already demontrated how he wants to handle it... that is, NOT AT ALL. He needs to get ticketed for this violation so he thinks twice about doing it again.

Don't use the lawsuit idea unless it is a last resort. You will probably win (definitely) but you won't be able to collect. Most likely this person has no assets you can seize and there really isn't anything in Texas law that will force them to pay. You can put leins on certain types of their property, but its not going to be much if this guy drives that POS truck and lives in an apartment.

I can't tell you how mad I would be if I were you... just try to stay calm. On top of it, I think Explorers are an infection of Texas roadways and all of them should be removed from the road and crushed. Worst drivers, hands down.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:59 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by mcdanjw
Definitely let the police handle it. That way you can get his insurance to pay for the damage.

This scumbag doesn't deserve the chance to handle this in a 'civilized manner.' He has already demontrated how he wants to handle it... that is, NOT AT ALL. He needs to get ticketed for this violation so he thinks twice about doing it again.

And get the cops on it before he fixes the car.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Drifting

If this happened to me, I would want to rape his wife and kids, burn his house down and kill his dog.

Then, I would cool down, and assess this individual. People come in all kinds.

He may fess up, pay, and all will be over.

Then again, he may get a better lawyer than you, and you end up paying. Remember O. J. Simpson? I know, bad analogy, my point is he won, maybe not for a better lawyer, but a crooked cop.

Connections? The odds are infintinisemal, but you better hope he doesn't have police connections to the department you are complaining to.

And I have known people similiar to you, completely in the right, gotten satisfaction legally, and then the trouble really starts. Your car gets burned to the ground, or is outright stolen. You teach them a lesson, they get hell bound to teach you one.

Whatever you do, don't knock on the guys door and scream "you Mother******!, I got you dead to rights! You just bought a problem.

Without getting my car and plates involved, I would casually ask a cop about what to do, ditto a lawyer and also your insurance company. With three opinions involved, the results, either way, will be two out of three, or unamimous, one way or the other.

Use your best, common sense. I know plenty of people who were 100% right, and did either the right thing to do, or "taught the perp a lesson", and regreted that they did. Remember, this guy is your neighbor, and I am sure he knows how to find you just like you find him.

With the exception of Saddam Hussein, and Kim Jung (mentally) Il, violence rarely pays.