How to take the door panels off?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 11:56 PM
do it yourself, !

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to take the door panels off?

I have a feeling if I take them off I won't be able to put them back on. Anyone do this? Tell me what screws I'm looking for or anytihng like that? Thanks

jeremy

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S
Black - Ebony Interior - Spoiler - 20% Tint - Cleared Headlights - Complete bulb replacement with Polargs
18" SSR GPO DeColte Evolutions on Nitto 555's - Comptech Headers - Eibach Springs

2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Black - Black Interior - Nav - Chrome AMG Rims (Sold)
Old 05-24-2001, 07:08 PM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You need to locate and remove the screw below the armrest.Next you will need to remove the cap in the door handle,beneath this you will see a screw,remove this as well.Now take the door handle assembly and push it forward and then pull the rear out followed by the front.The handle will NOT come all the way out!you must now look behind the handle and release the clip that holds the handle to the rod that releases the door latch.Now unplug the electrical connectors on the back of the handle and remove the door handle.Now starting at the bottom of the door pop the door panel off the door structure.This will take some force as the clips are tight.Once you have released all the clips gently lift the door panel upwards and away from the door itself.Now look inside the door panel and unplug all the various plugs and you are there.Assembly is the reverse.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA high beam headlamp system H.I.D. Xenon low beam tinted, custom taillites and on and on
Old 05-24-2001, 10:31 PM
do it yourself, !

Seems doable. Thanks, Jens!

jeremy

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S
Black - Ebony Interior - Spoiler - 20% Tint - Cleared Headlights - Complete bulb replacement with Polargs
18" SSR GPO DeColte Evolutions on Nitto 555's - Comptech Headers - Eibach Springs

2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Old 05-24-2001, 10:33 PM
Adult Supervision

MODS! ARCHIVE THIS ONE - WE MAY NEED IT LATER!

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 9005, Polarg M6, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, no headers, no sway bars, no springs, no CAI, no money! (but I got a nice new kitchen!)
Old 05-24-2001, 10:36 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jens Heydel:
You need to locate and remove the screw below the armrest.Next you will need to remove the cap in the door handle,beneath this you will see a screw,remove this as well.Now take the door handle assembly and push it forward and then pull the rear out followed by the front.The handle will NOT come all the way out!you must now look behind the handle and release the clip that holds the handle to the rod that releases the door latch.Now unplug the electrical connectors on the back of the handle and remove the door handle.Now starting at the bottom of the door pop the door panel off the door structure.This will take some force as the clips are tight.Once you have released all the clips gently lift the door panel upwards and away from the door itself.Now look inside the door panel and unplug all the various plugs and you are there.Assembly is the reverse.Jens

</font>
Jens, is it true that you cannot take off the fake wood panel off the doors?

Old 05-27-2001, 05:44 AM
do it yourself, !

Yea, can we take the wood panels off the doors?? I read this post on the TL forum and it mentioned they had to melt off plastic bults that are permanently on. Is this the same for us??

jeremy

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S

2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Old 05-27-2001, 09:14 AM
Instructor

I would like to know how to take off the back panels. That is the only freaking place that rattles from the bass! Jens any suggestions?

------------------
White/Parchment CLS Spoiler,35% Tint, Gold emblems,Mudflaps,Moonroof Visor, Polarg M6
Old 05-27-2001, 12:00 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by langjae:
Seems doable. Thanks, Jens!

jeremy

</font>
hey, have you done this yet?

i'm having trouble with the removal of the cap on the door handle. this is where the window opener is right?

can someone post pics on helms or something too?

anyways any help is appreciated.

------------------
white type s (known as my white bitch)

piaa bulbs
xephyr cai

[This message has been edited by snubotch (edited 05-27-2001).]
Old 05-27-2001, 12:40 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll archive this when all questions have been answered.
Old 05-30-2001, 11:01 PM
do it yourself, !

Plastic trim on the doors don't come off. So if you were to pain these, you'd have to just cover up everything else. I'll post pics of this as soon as I get the film developed. Can't wait for my digital cam. Still working on the back panels...

Take it away, soopa!

jeremy

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S

2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Black - Black Interior - Nav - (Chrome AMG Rims-Sold)