How much HP gained with AEM V2, XS headers and UR pulley on CLP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:50 AM
01 CL-p Nighthawk Black

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool How much HP gained with AEM V2, XS headers and UR pulley on CLP?

hey guys,
I'm a new to this forum and I've been just reading and getting some ideas on my newly acquired toy car. It's great to see that lots of members are sharing some very useful information that new comers like myself can learn and try different things with my car. Couple of questions for you guys. How much HP can I expect from AEM V2 cai, XS headers and UR pulley on my CLP? I know I shouldve bought type S but I needed 2nd car in little time and it was just a bad @SS deal I couldn't pass up.
Also, I have 3g Chrome wheels and tires (235-45-17) (mines nighthawk black btw). I put it on not that long ago and wondering if I should drop maybe a inch or so. Will that rub? If it won't.. what kind of springs should I go with? Teins are good from what I heard but looks like its gonna drop too much.. maybe 2 inches or more?

(Installed AEM V2 cai a week ago, feels like cars little quicker now throughout the whole rpm range)
Old 01-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Cruisin'

about 190-195whp...on 93octane and cool day outside
Old 01-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You have chosen the best three mods for your CL-P. I did this back in 2001 to my car, a 2000 CL. Stock your crank HP is rated 225, so those mods will put you maybe at 240 to 245. I think your wheels and big tires will slow you down a bit though, they're heavy.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Racer

Congrats on the new ride! Post some pics of your new pick up! I wanted the 3g chromes, but got a good deal on some silver ones w/ tires so i had to pick em up.

Yeah, you should have gotten a type s, all of us CL-P ers should have. I was in the situation that you were, i needed a car yesterday, so i ended up w/ a Pee. I dont mind the power difference, i'd be just fine w/ my 225, and i am, but i do wish i had 6-spd most.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:47 PM
TellinItLikeItIsSince1/06

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
another CL-Per...i got comptech headers and cold air intake. you'll have plenty of fun there [headers are a must. HUGE dif]...the pulleys would be great as well...

only thing is dont spend too much time on this forum cuz when you see what Type-s [especially 6sp's] numbers become after quite a few mods [def $1000's], you want to upgrade, BAD. with that said, the CL-P with the mods you say is by far fast enough!!! you'll be beating plenty of cars if that what you're into!

happy modding and welcome!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:08 PM
01 CL-p Nighthawk Black

Originally Posted by '01White3.2CL
another CL-Per...i got comptech headers and cold air intake. you'll have plenty of fun there [headers are a must. HUGE dif]...the pulleys would be great as well...

only thing is dont spend too much time on this forum cuz when you see what Type-s [especially 6sp's] numbers become after quite a few mods [def $1000's], you want to upgrade, BAD. with that said, the CL-P with the mods you say is by far fast enough!!! you'll be beating plenty of cars if that what you're into!

happy modding and welcome!
Thanks guys!
You know, I've been thinking about just getting MDX motor drop and six speed tranny + maybe supercharger? I know its a FWD but I don't think many of us here has done MDX motor swap + supercharger. It would be interesting to see what kind of number it will put down. And yes, i know it will cost me probably a fortune but if I get my business on track and make some $$$
We will see how it goes.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:19 PM
F1 cart racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by acurajames05
Thanks guys!
You know, I've been thinking about just getting MDX motor drop and six speed tranny + maybe supercharger? I know its a FWD but I don't think many of us here has done MDX motor swap + supercharger. It would be interesting to see what kind of number it will put down. And yes, i know it will cost me probably a fortune but if I get my business on track and make some $$$
We will see how it goes.

look up cocoa /\/\ but his motor is dropped in a 1st gen.......also i forgot who else it is but they have a stroked 3.5 and supercharged 2nd get. also a TL-p guy did a typ-s swap with a 6 speed tranny. some crazy stuff has been done. if u look up cocoa and his threads you'll see what has been done to the car.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:14 PM
01 CL-p Nighthawk Black

you guys wanted to see pic? here it is
right next to my buddy's red rice rocket lol (2005 Yamaha R1)
(tein h springs and tokico hp - coming soon)

Old 01-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by acurajames05
you guys wanted to see pic? here it is
right next to my buddy's red rice rocket lol (2005 Yamaha R1)
(tein h springs and tokico hp - coming soon)

looks like there's a type S badge on the back ?
Old 01-28-2008, 05:45 PM
01 CL-p Nighthawk Black

Originally Posted by typeR
looks like there's a type S badge on the back ?
i bought it like that without the wheels and tires and spoiler.