Has anyone used the auxilary input I hear we have on our stock head units?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2001, 02:04 PM
Rod
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone used the auxilary input I hear we have on our stock head units?

I'm not sure about this, but I keep hearing that we have an auxilary input on our stock units so that we can add a CD chnager or other source, is this true? If so, how do we control whatever it is that we connect to this input, can we use the controls on the stock radio to control an external CD changer? Also, is this a digital input and how would we select the source that's connected to this input since I haven't noticed a button for selecting an auxilary source on the head unit.

I'm thinking of adding one of these, or something similar when I get my subs installed so I can just have most of my music accessible at all times and not have to fumble through hundreds of CDs.

For more info on this:
http://www.creativelabs.com/products...e-audio/55.asp

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S
Satin Silver Metallic/Ebony
DOM: 11/2000 #26935

Stock for now, except for Comptech springs

[This message has been edited by Rod (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 02:07 PM
KISS MY

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod:
I'm not sure about this, but I keep hearing that we have an auxilary input on our stock units so that we can add a CD chnager or other source, is this true? If so, how do we control whatever it is that we connect to this input, can we use the controls on the stock radio to control an external CD changer? Also, is this a digital input and how would we select the source that's connected to this input since I haven't noticed a button for selecting an auxilary source on the head unit.

I'm thinking of adding one of these, or something similar when I get my subs installed so I can just have most of my music accessible at all times and not have to fumble through hundreds of CDs.

For more info on this:
http://www.creativelabs.com/products...e-audio/55.asp
</font>
New news to me.. I looked all over the damn thing could not find anything... except a sticker on top that says PIONEER>> Interesting..

------------------
01- Acura CL silver 3.2-s
20% tint 35%front window
Bose Mods.. Mod's to come headers and springs
old lady zero vs sigscl 1

[This message has been edited by sigs21 (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 02:22 PM
Rod
Drifting

I figured that a digital input would be expecting too much from the stock system, but I heard several people mention it. I still want that unit with the 6GB hard drive though, I could just have it play randomly and would never have to change CDs. And if I want something specific, I can just look it up without having to look for the CD and then change the CDs already in the changer, makes thiings much easier.
Old 06-25-2001, 03:31 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, I am dying to add an MP3 player to my stock system. If there was any kind of aux input it would be so easy to connect to it and add my entire HUGE music collection (courtesy of Napster). This way when I am driving to the moon i would never hear the same song twice.
Anyways, if someone has a HELMS manual which would confirm if the radio does have an auxiliary input, please let us know. Otherwise I will have to wire something up using RF instead.

------------------
Black_Pride
-2001 CL-"S"pankin New
-BLACK-on-BLACK
-NAVI
-SPOILER
-BACK SEAT WHORE
-SMOKE SCREEN
-OIL SLICK
-REAR FIRING MISSILES
-A "HONK IF YOU THINK I'M JESUS" BUMPER STICKER

"If brains were dangerous, you would be safe!"
www.MrCloseout.net
Old 06-25-2001, 04:41 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black_Pride:
Yes, I am dying to add an MP3 player to my stock system. If there was any kind of aux input it would be so easy to connect to it and add my entire HUGE music collection (courtesy of Napster). This way when I am driving to the moon i would never hear the same song twice.
Anyways, if someone has a HELMS manual which would confirm if the radio does have an auxiliary input, please let us know. Otherwise I will have to wire something up using RF instead.

</font>
Exactly, plus the input would allow for much cleaner sound. I don't know how good the sound will be with RF.
Old 06-25-2001, 04:55 PM
Burning Brakes

I spliced the input to the stock amp and put in an a-b switch so I can use the head unit or an external audio source (a minidisc player in my case). So a search in A/V and Electronics and you'll find a detailed explanation of how I did it.

Works great. No noise. Good sound quality.

------------------
White/Black 2001 CL-S (3rd sold in Austin)
- navigation, moonroof visor, upgraded cupholder, Acura spoiler
- Polarg m-6, tint 20% rear, 35% sides, Eibach springs
- 18" Racing Hart C2000 Evo's w/Pirelli P7000's, V1 hardwired
- Polk Momo 12" sub w/Precision Power amp, AudioControl Epicenter
Pics