Halogen Diriving Lights...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 08:59 AM
kwikCLvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halogen Diriving Lights...

I'm in school right now and i was just thinkging about it during French class.....technically i would be possible to have them if you could modify/fabricate the stock housing to deal with the heat.....how hard could this be...i was thinking about buying some housings and trying to see what i could come up with....i just need some info:
- How hot do the current blubs get?
- How hot to the halogen bubls get?
- What is the max temp the casing could take now?
If there is nething else i missed or shoulc know please post it up...i'm seriously thinking about trying this....
Old 11-28-2001, 09:07 AM
- daemonichris -

why would you want to go from HID to halogen? most people buy those aftermarket bulbs that have the blue-ish color to them because they want the look of HID. you have the real thing... why "downgrade"???
Old 11-28-2001, 09:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 703 Likes on 545 Posts
Re: Halogen Diriving Lights...

Originally posted by xxy1xx
I'm in school right now and i was just thinkging about it during French class.....technically i would be possible to have them if you could modify/fabricate the stock housing to deal with the heat.....how hard could this be...i was thinking about buying some housings and trying to see what i could come up with....i just need some info:
- How hot do the current blubs get?
- How hot to the halogen bubls get?
- What is the max temp the casing could take now?
If there is nething else i missed or shoulc know please post it up...i'm seriously thinking about trying this....
If I were you, I would rather study French than keep my brain occupied with these thoughts....
Old 11-28-2001, 11:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Had 4 years of french.......Can only count to 10

Keep day dreaming!
Old 11-28-2001, 11:28 AM
kwikCLvr

i'm not talking about headlights i'm talking about those bitch "foglights" ACURA gave us.....i'd rather keep the HID's up top, but down below those lights suck.....
Old 11-28-2001, 11:33 AM
Racer

I know what you talking about, I did thought about the same idea before. BUT you will run into two problems. One is you need to do the whole light, which means, forget the creent one and make your own due to the design. Second one is space, check out your light, there will be absoluly NO openings for any bulb other than the weges to stay in there. Look again, if you have the bigger weges, your bulb is almost touching the lens. UNLESS you go with H3, but then again, H3 bulbs are extremely hot, PLASTIC will not handle the heat BUT glass, thats why the TLs have glass foglight instead So techniquly yes you can. But with all the money you spend and stuff, it would be cheaper to go buy the TL foglight set and custom put it on.