Guys I need serious help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 06:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys I need serious help!!!!!!

I am so fawking pissed I want to kill somebody I went to drive my new 6 speed CL-S and guess what the stupid tranny wouldn't shift to 2nd gear. I already called the dealer and told them I want my 02' back this is fawking ridiculous it happened to me twice. So now I have to take another day off to fawking bring the car in and take care of this. I want to strangle somebody right now..Not only did I sell all my mods. but the money I spent taking everything off. I already told them I will not leave till I get my 02' back..fawking pay an extra $5k and still have tranny problems. this is it I want out of Acura for good I will drive my 02' till it falls apart and will not spend one fawking cent on that car.

What should i do
Old 03-31-2003, 06:05 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lou,
Relax man and breath. First off, what do you mean it won't shift into second?
Old 03-31-2003, 06:05 PM
6SPDCLS

Re: Guys I need serious help!!!!!!

Damn! For real? Calm down a bit and elaborate your delimma. You can't physical engage in 2nd gear or what? I've had that with reverse gear, but then I just pull level to left and or engage in any gear and reverse is fine. I've also had really notchiness and lately grinding issues with 2nd..but that is when the car is warming up. After warm up, it's smoother. I have about 10k on it now.

What happened?

Originally posted by lou
I am so fawking pissed I want to kill somebody I went to drive my new 6 speed CL-S and guess what the stupid tranny wouldn't shift to 2nd gear. I already called the dealer and told them I want my 02' back this is fawking ridiculous it happened to me twice. So now I have to take another day off to fawking bring the car in and take care of this. I want to strangle somebody right now..Not only did I sell all my mods. but the money I spent taking everything off. I already told them I will not leave till I get my 02' back..fawking pay an extra $5k and still have tranny problems. this is it I want out of Acura for good I will drive my 02' till it falls apart and will not spend one fawking cent on that car.

What should i do
Old 03-31-2003, 06:10 PM
Banned

Thats exactly why it happened its was a cold day and the tranny just didn't want to get into 2nd gear I tried and didn't go then I went to neutral stepped on the clutch and 2nd gear still won't engaged I stopped in neutral and called the manager immediately. Thats twice in a row then till the car warmed up the car wasn't engaging into 2nd smoothly. I really don't want to take a risk with this car.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
take a breather man.

Drop off the car before work, and get a loaner to drive while it's in the shop. Ya, it sucks. But they'll fix it. Have a little faith, it's not like the dealership intentionally made your car not shift into 2nd gear.

No reason to take the whole day off. What hours of the day do you work?
Old 03-31-2003, 06:18 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SiGGy
take a breather man.

Drop off the car before work, and get a loaner to drive while it's in the shop. Ya, it sucks. But they'll fix it. Have a little faith, it's not like the dealership intentionally made your car not shift into 2nd gear.
dude my whole reasoning behind getting the 03' is to avoid tranny problem.....Why in the fawk would I PAY an additional $5k to have a car with tranny problems. I want my 02' back now that I can still do it and the fawking last time I go with fawking aCura POS
Old 03-31-2003, 06:18 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
You just want your slush box back......isn't it ?
Old 03-31-2003, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Fabvsix
You just want your slush box back......isn't it ?
YOU know what Ill let them take both and Ill take a bus home. Thats it I've had ti
Old 03-31-2003, 06:24 PM
6SPDCLS

Hey, same thing here. I traded my 01 for an 03 6spd. I paid extra, got raped on the deal, and the top it off (previous posting) my engine was replaced! the engine piston rod cracked. I was more pissed than you because I only had less than 4k on the car whenit happened. And no, I was gentle like I was with your wife...but the most annoying part was a loaner for more than 3 weeks! RSX.

Originally posted by lou
YOU know what Ill let them take both and Ill take a bus home. Thats it I've had ti
Old 03-31-2003, 06:28 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
Hey, same thing here. I traded my 01 for an 03 6spd. I paid extra, got raped on the deal, and the top it off (previous posting) my engine was replaced! the engine piston rod cracked. I was more pissed than you because I only had less than 4k on the car whenit happened. And no, I was gentle like I was with your wife...but the most annoying part was a loaner for more than 3 weeks! RSX.
dude the car I bought had 2800 miles who knows how the previous owner drove it. this asswipe probably didn't know how to drive a stick and learned on this car I now Im suppose to buy this POS. The only reason I want my 02' back is because for the 22k I sold the car to them for I will not get anything that nice for that money you know that.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Lou: I can see how you are angry. I would be too, but I'd take a step back, bring it to the dealer, see what's up and then decide what to do once you have more information.

I personally feel that the 6-speed is a much more realiable tranny than the auto. It may be a small problem, but probably easily fixed.

Personally, the Auto tranny problems were one of the reasons why I got rid of the CL, but you should be fine with the 6-speed.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by lou
dude the car I bought had 2800 miles who knows how the previous owner drove it. this asswipe probably didn't know how to drive a stick and learned on this car I now Im suppose to buy this POS. The only reason I want my 02' back is because for the 22k I sold the car to them for I will not get anything that nice for that money you know that.
damn lou, sounds like you hated this car the moment you got it. your first post about the 03 cl-s was a regretful one and with this minor set back your going crazy. just calm down, get the car fixed and enjoy the rest of the drive. aint no point going back to the 02 cl-s. if you are that paronoid with the car just get the g35c

sidemarker
Old 03-31-2003, 07:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by lou
dude my whole reasoning behind getting the 03' is to avoid tranny problem.....Why in the fawk would I PAY an additional $5k to have a car with tranny problems. I want my 02' back now that I can still do it and the fawking last time I go with fawking aCura POS
Man, I understand being mad. I'm on my 3rd tansmission. But I don't take it out on the dealership. I would only get mad and waste energy if they didn't want to fix it.

If you let someone or something make you mad, it or they have control over you... Why would you ever want to hand that kinda power to anyone, or anything?

So, what hours do you work?
Old 03-31-2003, 08:11 PM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

I can see your mad, but try to relax for a minute....sometimes its not easy getting the shit lined up right, especially with the closeness of our gear boxes...im not saying there isnt anything wrong, but sometimes thats just what you deal with when you drive a manual....i can honestly say that mine doesnt always shift like i want it to, but i talk to her and she then agrees with me :P ....also, ive put 25k miles on mine so far, about 8k with NOS, and so far so good.....anyways, good luck...and keep us updated
Old 03-31-2003, 08:34 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Zootking
I can see your mad, but try to relax for a minute....sometimes its not easy getting the shit lined up right, especially with the closeness of our gear boxes...im not saying there isnt anything wrong, but sometimes thats just what you deal with when you drive a manual....i can honestly say that mine doesnt always shift like i want it to, but i talk to her and she then agrees with me :P ....also, ive put 25k miles on mine so far, about 8k with NOS, and so far so good.....anyways, good luck...and keep us updated
you talk to her LOL. Dude I really enjoy the ride and that is exactly what I was looking for a sports car feel. This is my weekend car and modding car I take the train to work.

I live about 45 minutes from the dealer but I have to go over a bridge and a tunnel ..... easy to get there if I leave my house at 6 in the morning but coming back I will hit the worst traffic jams ever...I hate living in the terrorist capital of the world. I mean I truly appreciate every cop checking the trucks and cars to prevent any further terrorist activities but when your trying to get quickly from point A to point B and it takes you over 2 hours it does get annoying.

The dealer is cool about it and they understand that if they have to replace the tranny because of the previous owner I don't want the car. The salesman even said the worst that can happen is they won't put my sways back on ( so what)

Can they adjust the synchros or somehting what about changing the tranny fluid the owner's manual says change at 60K in severe driving conditions. Its weird cause the car has not done it again but what should I do risk it even though the tranny already gave me tranny problems. The difference between a new one and used was $2200 I would of paid the stupid money to avoid the headaches.

Tommorrow Ill check it out plus I have a doctors appointment.

Thanks guys I appreciate the support I was in the process of purchasing some Koni Yellows when this happened and i ended up changing my mind about the car. Thats what pissess me off the most the fact that the car is ruining my plans for it you know S/C and all: D
Old 03-31-2003, 08:50 PM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm not a lawyer (don't even play one on TV) but if they admit that they have to change the tranny because of the previous owner does NY state have any type of consumer protection laws? If they knowingly sold you a vehicle which had been abused I believe there must be something that protects the consumer. Would it be worth your time to take the thing to PAA some Saturday (make an appointment with Jens or somebody) and have them check the tranny to see if there are any signs - internally or externally - that shows the tranny was abused (if that is what you're trying to prove)? Even though it's used, it still should be under warranty, and even though it won't do you any good to pit dealer against dealer (if you ever want your local dealer to knowingly perform "quality" work on your ride again), if it turns out that they did knowingly attempt to fuck you with this ride, I would think the ensuing threat of legal action would play to your advantage ... something along the lines of a "brand" new, not driven, '03 6sp at a greatly reduced price ... just to avoid the bad publicity that a lawsuit would bring to their dealership (not to mention the subsequent loss of sales)? Something to consider once your temperature returns to normal levels. just a thought
Old 03-31-2003, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Y2K3CL-S
I'm not a lawyer (don't even play one on TV) but if they admit that they have to change the tranny because of the previous owner does NY state have any type of consumer protection laws? If they knowingly sold you a vehicle which had been abused I believe there must be something that protects the consumer. Would it be worth your time to take the thing to PAA some Saturday (make an appointment with Jens or somebody) and have them check the tranny to see if there are any signs - internally or externally - that shows the tranny was abused (if that is what you're trying to prove)? Even though it's used, it still should be under warranty, and even though it won't do you any good to pit dealer against dealer (if you ever want your local dealer to knowingly perform "quality" work on your ride again), if it turns out that they did knowingly attempt to fuck you with this ride, I would think the ensuing threat of legal action would play to your advantage ... something along the lines of a "brand" new, not driven, '03 6sp at a greatly reduced price ... just to avoid the bad publicity that a lawsuit would bring to their dealership (not to mention the subsequent loss of sales)? Something to consider once your temperature returns to normal levels. just a thought

I don't think they knew the tranny was fawked up but when I told the manager he was silent and when I told the salesman hes told me he will call me back. When he called me back he told me to drop off the car and a loaner would be ready and I said I will literally stay there all day till this is resolve he told me it could take a long time I said I have all day. Tomorrow we will see what happens but I like the manager and salesman their cool but if it comes down to who's gotta pay and they point at me Im sorry but Im rolling up my sleeves
Old 03-31-2003, 09:34 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

lou,
you really should just drop the car off and go do somethign else. you're just going to stew and get worked up over nothing!! It's a car and it will get fixed.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:40 PM
Team Owner

The car is definitely a different animal in the cold.
The shifter is MUCH smoother when it’s warm out or after driving for a few minutes.

Mine has been notchy at times in the cold, but I’ve never had the problem if not being able to get it into 2nd gear.

Shawn S
Old 03-31-2003, 09:44 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Lou did you take it for a test drive? How did Acura miss it? You should call client services or whatever and demand that you get an extended warranty.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:54 PM
East Coast Boost.!

Lou, just hang tight. I'm sure everything will be fine. Yes the tranny is not great in the cold, but you will regret it if you go back to the auto.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:57 PM
///M POWER

take it easy lou,

i bet u the original owner was on the high way and was in 5th or 6th than down shifted and wanted to hit 4th but accidently hit 2nd and now the gear is gone. thats just my guess.

on a brighter note, your key chain is in the mail.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:05 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by darrinb
take it easy lou,

i bet u the original owner was on the high way and was in 5th or 6th than down shifted and wanted to hit 4th but accidently hit 2nd and now the gear is gone. thats just my guess.

If the original owner did that, most likely the motor would've been over-revved.

btw Lou, where is this dealer?

Hope they fix it up for you because the 6spd is a joy to drive.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:33 PM
4dr & I like it that way

if they have to replace the tranny due to previous owner, why on earth would you want to give it up then? then it should be as good as new
Old 04-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Banned

Originally posted by AaronT
If the original owner did that, most likely the motor would've been over-revved.

btw Lou, where is this dealer?

Hope they fix it up for you because the 6spd is a joy to drive.
Oh I love it also..... my ritual has become taken her out after 11 at night everyday cause the streets are empty just like I like them. The first day I did it cause I wanted to try her out but its been my 5 day in a row that I take here out with absolutely no destination in the world just pure driving bliss..me...my car...and the road....with of course the very valuable never leave home without it RADAR DETECTOR.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:37 AM
Banned

Originally posted by darrinb
take it easy lou,

Thanks Darrinb your check is going out tomorrow...today I had to ship out the taillights and the Comptech headers I sold too bad they told me I needed styrofoam to ship the headers cause according to them the metal will break all the boxes
Old 04-01-2003, 12:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Over reacting!! It is not the end of the world. Take it back and Trade it for another one or take back you 5spd auto/slush box. The manual speed used could have been abuse somewhat and the synchro are not working. That is changeable. The probability that you run in to some tranny problems like the auto with the 6 spd is very unlikely and low. Do not panic and you may need some classes in anger management.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Subie Dubie

Better start a 6 speed tranny forum
Old 04-02-2003, 07:42 AM
im back

lou it could be an easily replaceable syncro problem. Have some faith, look at all us happy 6 speed owners, besides you know you wanna race me again. Sometimes i'll be driving and my car will like reject the shift then i wait a split second and put it back in.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:53 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Originally posted by Red Rider
Better start a 6 speed tranny forum

No, a USED 6 speed tranny forum. :P Everyone with problems had some miles on thier car when they bought it.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Lou i'll trade you my 01 CL-S for your 6MT. Hell, i'll even drive out there to do the trade.

What do you think?
Old 04-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Tru tru

Originally posted by Bluto
No, a USED 6 speed tranny forum. :P Everyone with problems had some miles on thier car when they bought it.

I second that !!
Old 04-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Calm down dude! No sense in getting all mad. You think I liked have my NEW 6 speed at a dealer for 3 weeks for engine problems with only 1100 miles on it. Knowing it wasn't my fault. Having them decide in good faith to fix it under warranty. I was a bit pissed too. But didn't bring it out like that. It's life man.
On the tranny issue, maybe some thicker fluid will help in cold weather. I know my 5 speed truck shifted harder in cold then warm. I added this thicker fluid for winters, & it helped.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:32 PM
Banned

well guys I took into the dealer and drove the car with the mechanic and he said exactly what I knew he would say "nothing is wrong with it". I was so angry because I drove out all the way to Jersey to here this he didn't even drive longer than 5 mins. and concluded its perfect.

Well I decided against keeping her because I drove it last night and had similar problems, I am in the works of getting my 02 back. Dealer told me they are gonna have to charge me whatever I just want my 02' with a brand new 2nd tranny with 7 yrs. 100K mile warranty instead of this used 03' with tranny issues and 3 1/2 yrs. 47 K mile warranty.

I know people have seen and test driving my car so I need to get her back immediately cause the dealer is making her a used certified vehicle, especially when they found out it has the new 03' tranny new headlights and new power steering pump. If I wait Ill lose my 02' that I purchased brand spanking new and took care of here with all maintenance. Sorry guys but its too much of a risk especially without any warranty and $5k out the door. Even if they charge me a couple of hundreds its till a lot less than $5K. I am very depressed about this cause I sold my taillights already and the headers do you think he will mind if I give him his money back and put them back on the 02' I was suppose to ship them out today,WTF but I need the headers for my slush-box CL-S
Old 04-02-2003, 01:26 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Originally posted by lou
well guys I took into the dealer and drove the car with the mechanic and he said exactly what I knew he would say "nothing is wrong with it". I was so angry because I drove out all the way to Jersey to here this he didn't even drive longer than 5 mins. and concluded its perfect.

Well I decided against keeping her because I drove it last night and had similar problems, I am in the works of getting my 02 back. Dealer told me they are gonna have to charge me whatever I just want my 02' with a brand new 2nd tranny with 7 yrs. 100K mile warranty instead of this used 03' with tranny issues and 3 1/2 yrs. 47 K mile warranty.

I know people have seen and test driving my car so I need to get her back immediately cause the dealer is making her a used certified vehicle, especially when they found out it has the new 03' tranny new headlights and new power steering pump. If I wait Ill lose my 02' that I purchased brand spanking new and took care of here with all maintenance. Sorry guys but its too much of a risk especially without any warranty and $5k out the door. Even if they charge me a couple of hundreds its till a lot less than $5K. I am very depressed about this cause I sold my taillights already and the headers do you think he will mind if I give him his money back and put them back on the 02' I was suppose to ship them out today,WTF but I need the headers for my slush-box CL-S
Since you took the car in, you have the tranny problem documented in a service order? Even if they did not find anything, it is still on record. If something does go wrong before 50k, having problems documented will make getting it fixed under warranty easier.

Hell, I'd try to work a deal, pay a few hours labor to have the tranny inspected. If there is a pre-existing condition (is it a used certified vehicle??), the dealer should fix it or take the car back for a complete refund. I'd spend $200 to have the dealer give the tranny a clean bill of health. If you don't trust them, take it somewhere else.
Old 04-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Bluto
Since you took the car in, you have the tranny problem documented in a service order? Even if they did not find anything, it is still on record. If something does go wrong before 50k, having problems documented will make getting it fixed under warranty easier.

Hell, I'd try to work a deal, pay a few hours labor to have the tranny inspected. If there is a pre-existing condition (is it a used certified vehicle??), the dealer should fix it or take the car back for a complete refund. I'd spend $200 to have the dealer give the tranny a clean bill of health. If you don't trust them, take it somewhere else.
its is a used car but the it did not come with the extended warranty you know why casue they tried to sell it to me at the time of closing. I like the car but seriously I don't trust this used one and Im not paying for a brand new one. I tried to work with them but they pretty much said I got the best deal I can get and they can't do anything more....they already said I have to pay for the 200 miles I drove the 03' beatches. Ill see how is this gonna turn out I do know the more mileage I put on it the car depreciates more and they are gonna sell my 02' there has been 2 parties that put money down on the car and the car has been on the lot for 3 days. My black car is hott compared to the other 4 x 4 CL-S on the lot not only that but they're selling it close to $25K with and extended warranty and my Comptech springs...I don't want my 02' to be sold at this point.
Old 04-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Banned

lou, does this mean you're not selling me your ice box?
Old 04-02-2003, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ST2000
lou, does this mean you're not selling me your ice box?
dude sorry but I just found out earlier today on how the dealer is working this. Is a matter of fact the manager is at the auctions today and will call me tommorrow. I had to call today and tell them not to sell my 02' so I guess I'll be keeping it sorry bro.
Old 04-02-2003, 02:29 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Lou did you have somebody else drive the car? My 2nd gear gets notchy too. Can you give more detail?
Old 04-02-2003, 02:34 PM

New 30k cars with problems this severe under 5-10k miles is unexcusable, period. Sorry to hear this crap. U might have a very, very hard time getting your car back.

I mean the auto tranny thing was ridiculous but the manuals too???

Quick Reply: Guys I need serious help!!!!!!