Got Frauded by A-CL Member *READ THIS*

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 10:30 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got Frauded by A-CL Member *READ THIS*

So this one day, while surfing ACL's black market section, I come across this member selling a set of 18" Racing Hart M5's with tires.
I emailed the guy and negotiated a price for the rims (which he claims are in mint condition) and a set of Kumho Ecsta 225/40/18 which he says there is only 2000 miles on them. (http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=66657) The Mofo's name is Byron!!

So I send this asswipe $900 for the rims and tires in the form of a money order (even express-posted it so he can get it fast)... from then on, I got the run-around... the guy lost the tracking number, yadda, yadda.... So finally I get the "RIMS" in UPS and they are a set of fuckin' RS LIMITED imitation Racing Hart rims which have been curbed numerous times and scratched all over
To add to that...tires are nowhere to be found and not even lugnuts!! The fuckin' guy outright scammed me, even though he guaranteed (by email and by phone) that they were racing harts and in mint condition. And... he has the nerve to send me an email saying "I am going back to Africa and won't be back till december...enjoy the rims..."

When I tried to call the guy, he doesn't pick up his phone and tell his petty-ass crime supporting parents to say he is not home... I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! This is being going on for over a week now and I am stuck with worthless set of rims!! I never expected it from a board member with 67 posts!!

I have filed reports with the FBI and Charlotte PD and called up some law enforcment buddies and a lawyer who assured me this guy will be taken care of!! But I want a resolution now!!
I don't have tolerance for scammers and this guy won't get away with this... BYRON, if you are reading this... you're days are numbered unless I get my money back right away!!

I am tempted to take a couple buddies and fly out for a nice weekend in Charlotte!1
Old 05-06-2002, 10:39 PM
?!?

forget buddies, bring along a nice bat or pipe or other maiming device and just fuck his shit up

nothing worse that thieves
Old 05-06-2002, 10:41 PM
Drifting

Damn that sucks bro, this guy needs to catch a beat down I don't get how some people have to be such jerkoffs and try and get the best of everyone. Pisses me off :angry:
Old 05-06-2002, 10:46 PM
?!?

Originally posted by Marc S
Damn that sucks bro, this guy needs to catch a beat down I don't get how some people have to be such jerkoffs and try and get the best of everyone. Pisses me off :angry:
not just a beatdown, a beatdown to the forehead then a piss in the mouth...i got ripped off a while ago too, sorry, thats why i am so angry
Old 05-06-2002, 11:19 PM
Banned

i bought an injen intake from him a few months ago...it works fine but it was missing parts that he said were included...
Old 05-06-2002, 11:21 PM
I love my CL-S

Didnt you ask for any pics??

anyway..track him down and fuck him

good luck
Old 05-06-2002, 11:23 PM
f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s

you got hosed tommy.. you got hosed...
Old 05-07-2002, 12:23 AM
Instructor

on the real

i have talked shit to various cl members for no good reason...but i would never screw anyone over and it is crazy to think someone can pull this shit...i have sold many things on the cl black market(by the way langjae ur a real dude...and i want to sell u some more rims, and of course u will get a killer deal) but this Byron shit has to be stopped, cheap petty crooks like him are a cancer that need to be stopped...if u really do have connects in the department track his ass down via phone records and cyber links...if anyone lives by this useless hunk of shit...sell his ass out and tell where he lives...Africa...man i have many friends from a
Africa....if he is form their he should know what happens to criminals.....cut that fuker's hands of and put them on those fake rims..
Old 05-07-2002, 12:25 AM
Safety Car

What a punk bitch . Well, 67 posts aint shit man, not that it matters. If you have his address and his name, there aint much he can do, he is going to get his.

Also, what comes around, goes around, no need to fly down there.
Old 05-07-2002, 12:26 AM
Blown LS6!!

I just wanted to shoot a gun too.
Old 05-07-2002, 12:32 AM
Suzuka Master

calling all members from NC to find this jerkoff. remember acl is nationwide plus canada! u got friends all over the place...

plus i only buy from local sellers
Old 05-07-2002, 01:00 AM
Drifting

If this guy was in philly id go to his front door and beat the fawk out of him You NC guys need to back ruvz up
Old 05-07-2002, 01:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Paypal is great, that interest goes strait to insurance. as for next time, get his address and shit, then send him a horses head in the damn mail...
Old 05-07-2002, 02:06 AM
Race Director

OH SHIT!!

RUVZ, that suxks man!

Shitttttt...

if there is ANYTHING i can do to help out, pm me..and i'l do anything i can, eventhogh i dont think there is much i can do..

damn, i really feel for u bro...

this shit pisses me off....

make sure u update us on this...

Also, you NC members should help a brother up north out...
Old 05-07-2002, 02:13 AM
Drifting

Man that is one Fucked up thing to do. Take a trip there and monkey stomp his ASS I hate punk bitches like that!!

Sorry to hear that man.
Old 05-07-2002, 02:27 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i feel your pain...that is one big asshole. track his ass down! and make him eat the shitty rims!
Old 05-07-2002, 04:12 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS
Didnt you ask for any pics??

anyway..track him down and fuck him

good luck

i hope you mean fuck him up.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:56 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Do you have his name, his phone number? You say his parents answer the phone. Do a little social engineering. Get some information out of them. See if you can find out where dad works, or mom for that matter. If they are going to cover for him, thier just as guilty. I hate hearing shit like this.

Go to every extent to make his family miserable. Eventually his folks will get tired of your shit and contact or slap the human turd they gave birth to. Ask his mother if she has ever considered retro-active abortion?
Old 05-07-2002, 06:25 AM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm kinda curious how people who are smart enough to know "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is" in real life suddenly lose all common sense when ordering online, which is even more dangerous than buying something in person.

I mean really - $900 for Racing Hart (non-Rhevolution) rims AND tires is just blatantly clear to me that something's screwy.

I hope everything works out for you.
Old 05-07-2002, 06:26 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thanks for all the support guys... It is hard to imagine how I feel right now.. but you guys made it much better... Honestly, I would have felt better if this happen on eBay. I think we have a real sense of community and friendship on this board and when something like this happens, the shit hits the fan...

Old 05-07-2002, 06:29 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by Rock Dog
Do you have his name, his phone number? You say his parents answer the phone. Do a little social engineering. Get some information out of them. See if you can find out where dad works, or mom for that matter. If they are going to cover for him, thier just as guilty. I hate hearing shit like this.

Go to every extent to make his family miserable. Eventually his folks will get tired of your shit and contact or slap the human turd they gave birth to. Ask his mother if she has ever considered retro-active abortion?
Yeah man.. I have his full name, address, and 3 phone numbers for him... If he was in town here, trust me, there would have been a couple of broken legs already!! Since he is 1000 miles away and using that to hide his fraud, I am limited in what I can do... But if anyone wants to help... PM me....we'll talk... It's not about the money anymore (although this is not a small amount)... It is about ridding this board of such shit...

And Jrock, it took some negotiations, but I think 900 is a fair price, considering they got for 1400 brand new w/tires...
If it were say.... $500, I would agree with you bro..

Old 05-07-2002, 07:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

I have filed reports with the FBI
I think they have better things to do

But it does suck man! I was taken once, & it's not a good feeling with that much money.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:13 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by JasonT

I think they have better things to do

But it does suck man! I was taken once, & it's not a good feeling with that much money.
You'll be surprised how many resources the FBI has dedicated to online fraud These kinds of activities are the FASTEST GROWING crime in North America and there have been numerous captures and prosecutions on internet based scams and individuals. If nothing is done about it, it is going to go out of control.. This is a concern for everybody, because even if you don't do commerce online, our credit card, insurance, and financial companies are suffering because of this despiteful crime. (not feeling sorry for banks or insurance co.'s, but it has an effect on our economy, and thus those of us who are employed by those institutions are gonna feeling the crunch)

As for my complaint, I have filed with several law enforcment agencies and currently going through a lawyer to sue the pants off this guy... If you think Rock Dog going after Xephyr was an episode, watch this one! (Rock Dog, maybe we can team up on this one)

Old 05-07-2002, 08:27 AM
I LOVE MY CAR

That's F'ed up man... good luck with Retalliation
Old 05-07-2002, 08:48 AM
Instructor

He did say that they were 1 pc wheels so they had to be RH Evolution. Brand new M5 1 piece wheels & tires are about $1500-1600. New M5 3 piece, which I guess were the ones you were expecting are about $3,000.00 +/- 150. $900 for a 3 piece wheel/tires just isn't going to happen. The fact that they are so damaged and missing tires is what this guy is guilty of, not that they're not 3 piece rims.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:53 AM
on bin laden

Originally posted by NightHawk
He did say that they were 1 pc wheels so they had to be RH Evolution. Brand new M5 1 piece wheels & tires are about $1500-1600. New M5 3 piece, which I guess were the ones you were expecting are about $3,000.00 +/- 150. $900 for a 3 piece wheel/tires just isn't going to happen. The fact that they are so damaged and missing tires is what this guy is guilty of, not that they're not 3 piece rims.
No, he was expecting what was advertised. the 1 pc RH Evolution M5 rims. He received knock-off, cheap, imitations. He was also supposed to received tires.

ruvz, please post pics of what you received, and also correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think you were expecting the 3piece rims.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:18 AM
Instructor

Oh, I misread his initial post, you're right. Sorry.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:29 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Get a rope...
Old 05-07-2002, 09:34 AM

Can an admin lock his userid so he can't try to screw anyone over again? Maybe there could be a sticky in black market for bad sellers, and maybe a warning of the possible dangers of buying online from someone you don't know. Hope he gets what's coming to him.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by ruvz

As If you think Rock Dog going after Xephyr was an episode, watch this one! (Rock Dog, maybe we can team up on this one)

The "Rockdog Xephyr War"; Now that was some good posts.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:57 AM
on bin laden

Originally posted by fender4

Old 05-07-2002, 10:00 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by fender4
I think I have that whole thing saved as a TXT file somewhere.
That was as “classic” as the 11-hour “Turny Clicky” thread.

ruvz....Good luck with getting your money back.
I hope you have all your E-Mails saved for proof otherwise it’s your word against his.

Shawn S
Old 05-07-2002, 10:15 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fotis,

You're right...I was expecting the advertising M5's (1 Piece) with Kumho tires with 2K miles on them.. that's what was advertised and I made sure to ask at least on 3 occations on the condition of the rims.. the mofo told me they were MINT and only 4 months old... I will snap some pics when I get home...they look like the m5's, but are made by RS Limited, which is a cheesy knock-off from the RH design... the shape is fairly rough as I said... I wouldn't even consider mounting them on my car (not even for winter)..

thanks for clarifying that point...
It is not a matter of the price I got them for, it is that what BYRON did is fraud...

I have all my emails saved and have forwarded them to the cops!!

Does anyone know if I can claim fraud via UPS as well??
Old 05-07-2002, 10:21 AM
Team Owner

Does anyone know if I can claim fraud via UPS as well??
I think UPS is a PRIVATE company.
If it was the US Postal Service then you could go that angle too as a Federal offence.

That’s why a lot of scam outfits us Fed-Ex, UPS & those private mailbox places.

Shawn S
Old 05-07-2002, 10:41 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by Shawn S
I think UPS is a PRIVATE company.
If it was the US Postal Service then you could go that angle too as a Federal offence.

That’s why a lot of scam outfits us Fed-Ex, UPS & those private mailbox places.

Shawn S
Thanks Shawn...
What about using the Bank channel (It was a Money order from my bank I sent the mofo)
Old 05-07-2002, 10:44 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks Shawn...
What about using the Bank channel (It was a Money order from my bank I sent the mofo)
A money order I dunno about...

If it was a certified check, you could have canceled the check. You may be able to do the same with the money order...

It's worth looking into.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:48 AM
I LOVE MY CAR

Not sure how long it's been, probably too long, but you can stop payment on a money order. You should contact your bank right away to check that out... They may even go as far as to withdraw the funds out of his account..
Old 05-07-2002, 10:54 AM
shooting for 1200+rwhp

Ruvz,
I live in Charlotte. If he drives a CL, there arent many of us around, so I'll keep an eye out for ya. You havent seen pics of his car by chance, that would help out a lot.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:54 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
This is where Acura-CL.com really sticks together. Anything we can do to help you just let us know. I suggest contacting our jedi-master bounty hunter Rockdog. \\

*** Edit: You are already under his guidance
Old 05-07-2002, 11:15 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by eclipse23
This is where Acura-CL.com really sticks together. Anything we can do to help you just let us know. I suggest contacting our jedi-master bounty hunter Rockdog. \\

*** Edit: You are already under his guidance
Thanks guys... seriously... even if nothing comes out of it, at least it is a really good sense of support for the situation... If you've ever been in the same situation, you know how it feels... You are harder about yourself for being stupid then about the lost money.... you can always make the money back, but your pride and trust of other people gets damaged..

Quick Reply: Got Frauded by A-CL Member *READ THIS*