Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
^ pics of it mounted on the cl. Now. :d
+1
Old 05-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,353 Likes on 4,915 Posts
Originally Posted by Carmodifier
I just brought my whip to the shop today to get my front bumper replaced. I absolutely hate the gaudy OEM front license plate mount. If my new bumper does not come with any holes for the license plate mount, I am going to buy the Altec Powered Show N Go License Plate Mount from Summit Racing [http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AP...n/?prefilter=1]. My objective is to wire the mount so that when I turn my car on the mount folds out displaying the license plate and when I turn my car off the mount folds down hiding the plate. Will I be able to wire it up like this or can you only control it with the wireless remote control?
You need to see what the trigger wire is, but Id assume that if you wire it using a correct relay you shouldnt have a problem. One issue you may run into is when you initially turn the ignition on, you get power, so if you have it wired to a switched power source it will start to slide out, but then you turn the car on power gets cut then reapplied. Im not sure how the relay would react in that instance.

It just seems easier to wire it to a button and control it manually.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:49 AM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
instead of wiring it to the battery, wire it to the ignition. so when u turn the ignition on (II position) the plate will get power and fold down. but im not sure what wires u have to work from the mount. so u might not be able to do that bc it might not fold when u turn the car off
Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 AM
To many cars in my garage

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want that plate mount so bad but my wife says that it will encourage to run from the cops
Old 05-04-2010, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rajca
instead of wiring it to the battery, wire it to the ignition. so when u turn the ignition on (II position) the plate will get power and fold down. but im not sure what wires u have to work from the mount. so u might not be able to do that bc it might not fold when u turn the car off
But wiring it to the ignition may cause it to get two pulses, one when you turn the ignition to on and another when you crank the motor. Think about what happens with the radio when you turn the car on.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Instructor

But wiring it to the ignition may cause it to get two pulses, one when you turn the ignition to on and another when you crank the motor. Think about what happens with the radio when you turn the car on.
What you are saying makes sense. Do you think the two pulses would harm the plate mount (i.e. cranking the motor when the plate mount is in motion)?
Old 05-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Originally Posted by Carmodifier
What you are saying makes sense. Do you think the two pulses would harm the plate mount (i.e. cranking the motor when the plate mount is in motion)?
I would assume it is the same concept as my in dash screen that folds in and out everytime i turn the car on/off. Ive had my indash in for 6 years and no motor replacing yet. From when you get from the on position to cranking the motor there isnt enough time for the unit to fold in yet, so when you crank it just resets the sound and picture basically.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:06 PM

I highly doubt it would harm the motor, but Id just wonder how the power pulse would affect the folding function. I.E. - Turn the ignition to on, plate folds out, crank motor, plate folds back in.

Basically, Im not sure how the plate mount translates the electrical pulses.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by brian6speed
I would assume it is the same concept as my in dash screen that folds in and out everytime i turn the car on/off. Ive had my indash in for 6 years and no motor replacing yet. From when you get from the on position to cranking the motor there isnt enough time for the unit to fold in yet, so when you crank it just resets the sound and picture basically.
Hey man, how's it goin'!? Did you get your rear seat put back in yet?

I usually turn to the on position and let my in-dash screen fully open and radar detector/gauges go through their sequence before I crank the motor. My screen does not fold back in either, it just resets.
I highly doubt it would harm the motor, but Id just wonder how the power pulse would affect the folding function. I.E. - Turn the ignition to on, plate folds out, crank motor, plate folds back in.

I see your point; I am hoping that this plate mount operates like my in-dash screen and stays open until the car is completely turned off I think I might contact Altec Products personally myself and get the down-low on their product. Here's the plate mount's official website: http://www.altecproducts.com/. It appears they are even located in my state, but an hour away from me I might travel out there and perform a test fitment because I am weary on how to install it since I have an LED underbody kit; I don't want the plate mount covering my LED tube and affecting my light output.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Regional Coordinator (Texas)

Received 607 Likes on 308 Posts
you can just wire fold up position to anything that turn on with the ignition "II".
and wire the fold in to "acc"

i dont know how the wiring system works on those hideaway plates. i've been wanting to get one of them too.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:15 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

or u can hook it up to the fuel pump. crank the car, plate starts to fold out, after the car is started the plate is folded out. turn car off, plate hides. put key in pos II and fuel pump turns on and plate starts to unfold
Old 05-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rajca
or u can hook it up to the fuel pump. crank the car, plate starts to fold out, after the car is started the plate is folded out. turn car off, plate hides. put key in pos II and fuel pump turns on and plate starts to unfold
I think I will try hooking it up this way. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jaMezBOI
I had the show n go plate... didnt like it at all. waste of money, its a cheap piece of hardware.

I just put mine back on the stock location
Did you have the powered or the manual Show N Go License Plate? Why didn't you like it... did it break or something?

I found another motorized flip down license plate holder [http://tiny.cc/ld2gx] besides Altec Products' [http://tiny.cc/8jctb]. I am unsure who makes this one. It looks similar to the Altec Products version, but it is slightly different. This kit also includes two remote keypads. What do you guys think?