This is the first time I can say I regret owning an Acura...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 04:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the first time I can say I regret owning an Acura...

So...I'll make a long story short...this is about David McDavid Acura in Austin, TX.

Background:
To date, I have brought the car in 5 times to get a passenger seat squeak fixed, 4 times to get a driver side seat squeak fixed, and 3 time to get a loud trunk rattle fixed. I have also brought it in 3 times to get the tranny looked at, and 3 times at King Acura in Birmingham, AL. They fixed my tranny to an extent (King Acura overfilled the fluid 3.5q causing extreme pressure)...so now my tranny acts better, though it still feels every so often (once a day) that it's gonna die on me sometime. But it's fixed enough to where I can't duplicate it at the dealership when I want to. So I have been without my car all total (all my visits) something like a month and a half. Now, I've only had it a year so it being in the shop for 12% of it's natural life so far is bad.

Story:
But today, I was riding with the shop manager Scott, and we were listening to the trunk rattle. As I drive off the lot I say "let me turn my music down so we can hear it better" and turn it down. He proceeds to argue saying "Dude, you ride with your music loud anyway...you won't even hear the rattle". I say "I ride in the quiet a lot actually to think, so yes, I do." This argument continues for a minute.

He then asks "Why didn't they fix this in Alabama." I say "They tried...I just guess they're not very good at fixing things...look what they did with my tranny (overfilled 3.5q)." He argues for a minute that maybe they couldn't fix it because it couldn't be fixed. We continue driving.

Next, he says "The reason it's rattling is beause of the suspension, you've put in harder springs and that's doing it." I say "But Scott I brought the car in before I had the springs in to address these issues, and they were never resolved then. This has been ongoing since about 2500 miles." He argues with me, I explain I installed them with a friend, told him when I installed them, and asked if he wanted proof to call my friend up (this being systek on the forums). He was quiet for a bit.

He then went off at me

"I am sick of dealing with your car. Things like this make me really mad."
"I'm sorry that you're mad Scott but I need this fixed."
"I'm not just mad. I'm pissed off. I don't get paid for riding around in your car with you listening for this. I am tired of this shit."

(at this point...that's BS...they get paid for warranty work...just not as much as if it wasn't warranty)

"Scott I can understand that, I know this must be a pain...but I paid $30k for this luxury car and I want it and you to act like it."
"It's not even a luxury car anymore, it's a sports car."
"It's a luxury car with modifications yes, but I do consider a $30k Acura a luxury car and so do they."
"Look, I don't want to deal with this anymore. I'm sick of this shit. If you want to get this fixed go down to San Antonio"

(San Antonio is about 1.5 hours away)

"That's too far to go Scott. Otherwise I would have."
"Look...I'm not going to deal with you anymore...I'll put our Texas rep under the knife...I'm not gonna do this anymore. You talk to him from now on."

Conversation peters out...total silence in the car as the trunk is loudly rattling in the background, I drive up, let him off at service, he leaves the door open, I walk around and shut it, have a quick word with Martin, my service rep (a nice guy), and leave.

I've called Customer Service, I wish there was something I could do now aside from calling them and waiting...I am so tired of this shit it's not even funny...

The end.

Austin519
Old 09-04-2002, 04:52 PM
I love my CL-S

fuck that asshole...the service manager at my local acura dealer suck ass too..i love my car..but i hate my acura dealer

aren't you going to do anything to that white trash?
Old 09-04-2002, 04:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, I wouldn't take that shit...
Old 09-04-2002, 04:56 PM
'Cooter

wtf?

i'd keep going back every day
Old 09-04-2002, 05:08 PM
Honkey

What I would do is first call Acura Client Services. If that doesn't work report them to the better business bureau. That's get Acura after them and hopefully help you resolve your problems.

Good luck.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:12 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had some bad experience with the Local Acura Dealer. The dealer's General Manager told to me that I would better service my CLS at the next Acura 50 miles away. Why, because, I complained about a 100 miles of claimed "road test"!

Then, after I contacted Acura Customer Service. He was forced to do only "Warrenty Work". I do the scheduled service either myself or somewhere else.

It sucks but I cannot do anything about it. This CLS could be my last Acura car, I may switch to the Brand New Audi/Porsche Dealer that is being built on the corner of the street. I will be ordering a new 2004 S4! It would be first class german quality sports and Service all together... No complains.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:14 PM
__

first off, something like this can happen to any car, at any dealer. It's just the person who was hired. People snap sometimes. I see your point of being mad, but i am defending acura.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Call Acura! They will get that straightened out.

However I'm not sure I personally would feel comfortable taking my car there again. My trust level would be nonexistant. Especially after Acura has words with them.

I can't believe behavior like that would be tolerated by Acura's main customer care center.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:26 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

To your amazment and mine. Acura Sided with the dealer's manager anyways. But according to book, Acura Dealers are forced to do "warrenty work", anything else.. the dealer can refuse to service or even sell you anything....
Old 09-04-2002, 05:29 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

THaT is UNBELIEVABLE! Whats with this guy's attitude ????? My service "advisor" is martin... he's ok, doesnt exactly get the job done but i dont think he's stupid enough to say that to customers.

But i would definetly get behind this and make sure that imp gets fired. We work hard and make payments on our cars, there's NO reason why they should be pulling this shit.

"its not a luxury car anymore" WTF?? When ur buying the car, they make feel like ur about to drive home in a frekain rolls royce but when it comes time for the services and repairs they come up with the most unbelievable excuses.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:51 PM
Rx Master

DUDE, u need to go back with a tape recorder and tape that asshole bitchin at u, thats not right at all. ITs his job to deal with the customers and with our car, there have been a shit load of problems, so i can undcerstand why hes all pissed off. That doesmt mean he can take it out on you cause u have a problm. Take it up with regional rep and tell him that your service manager went off on you for no reason, and that all yoy wanted was your car to feel like it did when it left the dealership.
wg
Old 09-04-2002, 06:24 PM
Banned

First...I want to say thanks for all the support guys...this visit was the worst I've had...

WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS:
I reported all this to Customer Service...but aside from that...nothing I can really do

mantis23:
I'm just scared man...they're the only acura dealership within 2 hours...so we're talking driving to another city to get my car serviced...which I am really thinking about doing...

Scooter:
Heh heh yeah well...oh did I mention they scratched the car in 3 places? And that (this is way after I drove it off one time...like a week later) they scratched my front lip? Oh and that before they scratched my hood and paid to get it fixed...the service manager now hates me for having pressed that last one.

4pumpedCL:
Good call. I called CS, but if they don't do anything then yeah...good idea...BBB.

Acura3.0CLP:
Defend this...he's the last straw...but read my message to Scooter. On top of that read how many times I had to take it in to get anything done. And on top of THAT, King Acura in Birmingham, who never got anything fixed at all and had my car for two 1 week sessions just last month, even screwed up my tranny. Not a good time to defend them to me .

SiGGy:
You and me both...we'll see what this does (cringe).

shahn78:
Yep he's mine too. He's a nice guy, and I like him. But this time when I asked him to come outside for a brief word after what Scott did...he defended him, saying the same thing about my suspension, which was irrelevent, and trying to explain away other things. After I finally said Martin, he acted like a total jerk to me, period...Martin said yeah, I'm sorry man. That's the first time I've doubted Martin. No, he doesn't get the job done, I will agree...but at least he's a nice guy. Since you go there too, dude please do yourself a favor...look the car over WELL before it goes in, about half the time mine has come out with some sort of scratch, mark, or damage. And do NOT back down, as I have in the past. If you ever see the short, pudgy, balding, somewhat mean looking guy...that's Scott.

URIRx98:
Yeah I'm probably gonna go there from Customer Service...I think that may be who I'm going to talk with that they set up. It wasn't the service manager just to make sure the story is straight. It was the shop manager...aka the guy in charge of the shop back there, vs. the service manager in charge of the whole service dept. I'll let ya know.

Austin519
Old 09-04-2002, 06:29 PM
Drifting

Damn that sucks man! I hope things work out for you!
Old 09-04-2002, 06:35 PM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Don't be all that sure about Martin, he can be an ass too!
Old 09-04-2002, 06:38 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

Thanks for the heads up austin.. i'll look over my car more closely before it goes in.

But on the bright side maybe that new dealership will put some fear on this ungrateful dealership and maybe they'll start treating customers right..... MAYBE

A bit off track but i'm considering taking my car to those "dealership alternative" shops. There are atleast 3-4 in austin for honda/acura.... so why not try them out?
Old 09-04-2002, 06:55 PM
Banned

Actually San Antonio is 1 hr away, 80 miles. I have had nothing but good things to say about Gunn in San Antonio. bl5 comes down here too even from houston to have his work done because they seem to do the best wrok. I have had rattles fixed, to minor stuff without any arguements.,
Old 09-04-2002, 08:07 PM
Suzuka Master

well just from previous experience with my cl and old legend

FUCK GUNN ACURA AND FUCK DAVID MCDAVID

if i had the time i would drive to PAA!!!!!!!!!!

sidemarker
Old 09-04-2002, 08:09 PM
Banned

Originally posted by sidemarker
well just from previous experience with my cl and old legend

FUCK GUNN ACURA AND FUCK DAVID MCDAVID

if i had the time i would drive to PAA!!!!!!!!!!

sidemarker
?????
Old 09-04-2002, 08:15 PM
Suzuka Master

david mcdavid
service takes forever and they arent friendly people to begin with

gunn acura
they love to charge you for everything. even if you car is still under warranty they pull the "well preventive maintance could have covered your parts under warranty" what kind of shit is that. charge me for labor for stuff that should be under warranty...

on the other hand

i actually enjoy GUNN HONDA SERVICE fast, friendly, and they want to help you out!!!!!!!!!

sidemarker
Old 09-04-2002, 08:16 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sucks Austin. Which is why I'm avoiding going to their service dept at all costs. I'll work on fixing any/all problems myself first.

When's that new acura dealer going to be open on the Motor Mile?
Old 09-04-2002, 08:18 PM
Banned

Weird. Gunn Acura has never charged me for any warranty work. They did stuff free on my car too from fixing my warped rotors, to installing my stronger trunk springs for free for my spoiler, to fixing a problem I never knew was there.

Now you want bad service, get a Nissan. lol

I love the service, its the best I have ever had at any dealer.

Deal with only Izi Sidemarker. He takes care of everyone good. The other 2, well, kinda seem like asses in a way.

david mcdavid
service takes forever and they arent friendly people to begin with

gunn acura
they love to charge you for everything. even if you car is still under warranty they pull the "well preventive maintance could have covered your parts under warranty" what kind of shit is that. charge me for labor for stuff that should be under warranty...

on the other hand

i actually enjoy GUNN HONDA SERVICE fast, friendly, and they want to help you out!!!!!!!!!

sidemarker
Old 09-04-2002, 08:18 PM
Racer

Hey austin519

call the gen mang. I hate those fuc..s up there i never take my car there. when i go to dallas to see my family i take it to Goodson Acura.

My sister had a problem with them and i called the gen. mang. and they kissed her as when she went back. Let them know exactly what happend and that you are apart of this forum and they are getting abunch of bad press.

good luck

let me know if you need some help or ne thing.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:21 PM
I hate the Mets

Put a personal ad in the newspaper
Call a put a "speak out" ad in the newspaper
Call the BBB
Of course call Acura Cust. Service
Throw a large rock through the dealerships window....j/k
Old 09-04-2002, 08:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SilverBullet
Weird. Gunn Acura has never charged me for any warranty work. They did stuff free on my car too from fixing my warped rotors, to installing my stronger trunk springs for free for my spoiler, to fixing a problem I never knew was there.

Now you want bad service, get a Nissan. lol

I love the service, its the best I have ever had at any dealer.

Deal with only Izi Sidemarker. He takes care of everyone good. The other 2, well, kinda seem like asses in a way.
silverbullet you know whats funny

i went to get my brakes fixed too and all they did was resurface my front rotors. well you know what 100 miles later they are warped again...

they should have replaced my brake pads

and thats all i hear too. go to izi hes the best but everytime i pull up all he does is look at me and walks a way

maybe its a racial thang

sidemarker
Old 09-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Banned

silverbullet you know whats funny

i went to get my brakes fixed too and all they did was resurface my front rotors. well you know what 100 miles later they are warped again...

they should have replaced my brake pads

and thats all i hear too. go to izi hes the best but everytime i pull up all he does is look at me and walks a way

maybe its a racial thang

sidemarker
I know when Izi is busy he does that. But he defintely takes care of you. They replaced my pads and resurfaced my rotors. Brakes are fine right now. But I wish the rotors were replaced, but since its not on the TSB except a resurface, thats fine for now.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:42 PM
Old timer

You should have left that f*cker about 10 miles away from his dealership and made his stupid ass find his own way back.

Or just smack him in the cheek, DaJuice style.
Old 09-04-2002, 08:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Hall of Shame candidate....

Perhaps listening, writing and being polite are thought of as:

Rx for your guy: indefinite stay at the "Impotence Managment Clinic"

AND, do you really want someone that pathetic near the car

To date, I have brought the car in 5 times to get a passenger seat squeak fixed, 4 times to get a driver side seat squeak fixed, and 3 time to get a loud trunk rattle fixed. I have also brought it in 3 times to get the tranny looked at, and 3 times at King Acura in Birmingham, AL. They fixed my tranny to an extent (King Acura overfilled the fluid 3.5q causing extreme pressure)...so now my tranny acts better, though it still feels every so often (once a day) that it's gonna die on me sometime. But it's fixed enough to where I can't duplicate it at the dealership when I want to. So I have been without my car all total (all my visits) something like a month and a half. Now, I've only had it a year so it being in the shop for 12% of it's natural life so far is bad
This is a sure sign that you wont miss them and you wont change them -- get an injunction that makes them stay away from the car.

:thumbsdn:
Old 09-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Burning Brakes

I feel your pain.

You should have sat in on the negotiations when I bought my car there. Shit.

And then, to top it all off, they (the service dept) refused to give me a full tank of gas when I took delivery of the car. Needless to say, they did fill it up, but they certainly lost more than $10 in goodwill by making me bitch up a storm and go get the gm. They actually made me walk to the main building to get him.

Ridickious.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude dont u have Honda dealers in your area? They can service your car also. Some Acura dealers are full of shit anyway. Hope u get the stuff fixed
Old 09-04-2002, 09:04 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

I hope he is reading this and he comes to the DC area, because i WOULD KICK HIS EVERLOVING MONKEY ASS!!!!!

$30K for a car, any car, luxury or not, I expect, hear me now, EXPECT good damn quality customer service.

Scott, YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE!!!

Acura Customer Service - Don't be stupid! We can leave you just as fast as we found you, so address and fix this mans issue with his car.

Austin519 - do what is in your best interests, If you must dump the car, then do so, but do not waste your money or time anymore.
Old 09-04-2002, 09:09 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Originally posted by JRock
You should have left that f*cker about 10 miles away from his dealership and made his stupid ass find his own way back.

Or just smack him in the cheek, DaJuice style.
See, SEE!!!!!

I would kick his ass!

Pimp or Bitch slap a few people, then you'll get service, maybe a bad charge which can be reduced to a misdemeanor, but nonetheless, your car will be fixed and you will be respected/feared when you walk through the door.

Kick his ASS!!!!

Scott, watch your back pal!
Old 09-04-2002, 09:14 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Austin -- That's just DOG SHIT! Plain and simple!!!

Best of luck with everything!
Old 09-04-2002, 09:55 PM

Would someone PLEASE start f*cking Rebecca at Gunn Acura so we can get some good service and a hook up?
Old 09-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by bl^5
Would someone PLEASE start f*cking Rebecca at Gunn Acura so we can get some good service and a hook up?

I nominate YOU! :P
Old 09-04-2002, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by SilverBullet
Actually San Antonio is 1 hr away, 80 miles. I have had nothing but good things to say about Gunn in San Antonio. bl5 comes down here too even from houston to have his work done because they seem to do the best wrok. I have had rattles fixed, to minor stuff without any arguements.,
Truth be it known thats not why I used to come down there. The real reason I come down there is their $50 service and parts coupons. Check this out fellas... The first time I went there they told me that if Acura sent a service survey and I filled it out and bought it in to them they would give me a $50 service coupon. Acura only sends them out on a random basis so you aren't supposed to get them more than once, well that is unless you call Acura yourself and ask them to send you one in the mail . Needless to say I got at least $300 in free service and parts until they discontinued the offer. Now you only get a free oil change. They actually do have some pretty cheap prices for their oil changes though.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by bl^5
yes please

shes the one that services my car and man i can feel the heat coming from her...

sidemarker
Old 09-04-2002, 11:03 PM
Intermediate

Oh, I am so happy to hear all this. I thought I was the only one. Here in Phoenix, Acura thinks they are competing with Buick (actually, I mentioned to Acura that I had better luck with my Subaru). I had so many problems with my 01 CL and the dealership's only response was for me to spend more money. It's running great but I am sort of done with the whole experience. The worst part is Acura's total lack of ownership and commitment to their product. They basically blew me off too.

If I am going to get treated like this, I won't pay what I did again for any vehicle.

I am getting ready to put my CL on the block. Any ideas of the best venue for a sale? It's Sundance Gold with Computech springs and camber kits. Kelly Blue Book sez it's worth $25K but I think I can get more because of the mods.
Old 09-05-2002, 03:31 AM
Cause stock sux.

Man...Thats complete horseshit. If they pulled that crap on me, they wouldn't hear the end of it.

Thank god I've had nothing but good service from my dealer.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:58 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Re: This is the first time I can say I regret owning an Acura...

Originally posted by Austin519
So...I'll make a long story short...this is about David McDavid Acura in Austin, TX.

Background:
To date, I have brought the car in 5 times to get a passenger seat squeak fixed, 4 times to get a driver side seat squeak fixed, and 3 time to get a loud trunk rattle fixed. I have also brought it in 3 times to get the tranny looked at, and 3 times at King Acura in Birmingham, AL. They fixed my tranny to an extent (King Acura overfilled the fluid 3.5q causing extreme pressure)...so now my tranny acts better, though it still feels every so often (once a day) that it's gonna die on me sometime. But it's fixed enough to where I can't duplicate it at the dealership when I want to. So I have been without my car all total (all my visits) something like a month and a half. Now, I've only had it a year so it being in the shop for 12% of it's natural life so far is bad.

Story:
But today, I was riding with the shop manager Scott, and we were listening to the trunk rattle. As I drive off the lot I say "let me turn my music down so we can hear it better" and turn it down. He proceeds to argue saying "Dude, you ride with your music loud anyway...you won't even hear the rattle". I say "I ride in the quiet a lot actually to think, so yes, I do." This argument continues for a minute.

He then asks "Why didn't they fix this in Alabama." I say "They tried...I just guess they're not very good at fixing things...look what they did with my tranny (overfilled 3.5q)." He argues for a minute that maybe they couldn't fix it because it couldn't be fixed. We continue driving.

Next, he says "The reason it's rattling is beause of the suspension, you've put in harder springs and that's doing it." I say "But Scott I brought the car in before I had the springs in to address these issues, and they were never resolved then. This has been ongoing since about 2500 miles." He argues with me, I explain I installed them with a friend, told him when I installed them, and asked if he wanted proof to call my friend up (this being systek on the forums). He was quiet for a bit.

He then went off at me

"I am sick of dealing with your car. Things like this make me really mad."
"I'm sorry that you're mad Scott but I need this fixed."
"I'm not just mad. I'm pissed off. I don't get paid for riding around in your car with you listening for this. I am tired of this shit."

(at this point...that's BS...they get paid for warranty work...just not as much as if it wasn't warranty)

"Scott I can understand that, I know this must be a pain...but I paid $30k for this luxury car and I want it and you to act like it."
"It's not even a luxury car anymore, it's a sports car."
"It's a luxury car with modifications yes, but I do consider a $30k Acura a luxury car and so do they."
"Look, I don't want to deal with this anymore. I'm sick of this shit. If you want to get this fixed go down to San Antonio"

(San Antonio is about 1.5 hours away)

"That's too far to go Scott. Otherwise I would have."
"Look...I'm not going to deal with you anymore...I'll put our Texas rep under the knife...I'm not gonna do this anymore. You talk to him from now on."

Conversation peters out...total silence in the car as the trunk is loudly rattling in the background, I drive up, let him off at service, he leaves the door open, I walk around and shut it, have a quick word with Martin, my service rep (a nice guy), and leave.

I've called Customer Service, I wish there was something I could do now aside from calling them and waiting...I am so tired of this shit it's not even funny...

The end.

Austin519
FAX this with a cover letter to AMERICAN HONDA CUSTOMER RELATIONS or e-mail by going on line to American Honda, or call them on their 800 number. You shouldn't have to put up with this bullshit.
Old 09-05-2002, 08:18 AM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Get in your car and drive the 1600 or so miles to Park Avenue Acura in Maywood NJ. They'll be happy totake care of you!

Quick Reply: This is the first time I can say I regret owning an Acura...