Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The flag page header looks phatty.
Old 09-10-2002, 04:05 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by JRock
The flag page header looks phatty.
Agreed! The new header looks suh-weeeeeeet.
Old 09-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Honkey

Well...even though I'm a Canadian...I live in America, and by golly, I love it here!
Old 09-10-2002, 04:45 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good idea shawn
Old 09-10-2002, 04:49 PM
The Slim Member

Great Idea Shawn!! Please spend sometime tomorrow to remember the people of 9/11 and their families.
Old 09-10-2002, 05:36 PM
"v1 saved my ass ......."

<-------- check out mine.............
Old 09-10-2002, 05:58 PM
Silver Bullet

no problem
Old 09-10-2002, 06:54 PM
Instructor

Great idea, Shawn! Thanks.
Old 09-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Darth Chocolate

Old 09-10-2002, 07:23 PM
Racer

It wont let me have a picture.
It say there something wrong witht he database
Old 09-10-2002, 07:32 PM
Instructor

Great idea Shawn!!
Old 09-10-2002, 08:39 PM
Aspiring MultiBillionaire

Awesome idea Shawn!

We shall never forget.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:40 PM
Aspiring MultiBillionaire

digitalgm:

Yours is pretty neat!
Old 09-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Suzuka Master

oooh! Soopa did a superb job on the old Glory header!
very nice
Old 09-10-2002, 10:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Old 09-10-2002, 11:23 PM
Silver Bullet

Great Idea
Old 09-10-2002, 11:34 PM
ex 6 Speed owner :(

I can't believe it's already been a year... seems like it was just the other day...
USA lives on!
Old 09-11-2002, 01:01 AM
Silver Bullet

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EricL
[B]

now that one kicks ass
Old 09-11-2002, 01:58 AM
Instructor

Great idea.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:39 AM
Pro

awesome banner

JRock,
i'm not sure where u get off calling this "propaganda". a country, no a planet, is mourning the barbaric theft of inncoent and pure lives through some of the most cowardly means known. they were not only americans. citizens and their families from dozens of dozens of countries were robbed of their futures and happiness. the mere fact that u dare utter the word or even ponder the thought of calling it propaganda illustrates the minutia of your character. consider urself lucky that u did not feel the shudder of the planes flying above u; that u did not smell the wretched stench of death for the days and weeks that followed; that u did not cough up the dust of a fallen strutural marvel; that u did not walk miles to only wait hours to donate blood as those clinging to life by a thread are rushed by you; that u did not hold in ur hands what may have been human or building in an effort to clean the site. we are not celebrating the deaths of over 3000 (not 2000) but their lives. you are so unfortunately myopic. the patriotism you so sadly fail to see is in going to work, in going to school, in traveling, in going to religious gatherings or not going to them, in paying taxes, in voting - in doing all those things which this country gives you the freedom to do. the fact that we all can CHOSE to do the abovementioned is the display of our patriotism.
Old 09-11-2002, 04:47 AM
Pro

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~mfk0552/fh.jpg
Old 09-11-2002, 09:01 AM
Old timer

:ghey:
Old 09-11-2002, 10:04 AM
Pro

figured that that was all u could muster...hope u didn't strain urself too hard
Old 09-11-2002, 10:39 AM
Advanced

Hope this worked.
Old 09-11-2002, 02:58 PM
One Bad Mutha

Location: From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
J Rock,

Im with you in a sense, I am an active duty military member, so I do this shit 365 24/7, I have seen what the flag looks like before the little stickers were on the cars and hanging out on homes. I am patriotic to the fullest and also have a great respect for other cultures as well. I do think as a culturally mixed up country we often have an idenity crisis as to where we are from, until things like this bring us together, which of course is nice. I would just like to see it more often before or after 9/11. Being in many different countries around the world, I can honestly tell you that in the US, I have observed little patriotism, of course until after 9/11, when its easy to jump on the media bandwagon.

My wife is Canadian, and I can honestly tell you, everytime I go up there to Canada, you can feel that the people have a great sense of pride in thier country, flags everywhere all the time, hope we can be that way someday, this just may do it. I understand where you are coming from J Rock, it is a little Gay, and I get bashed all the time for it, but wheres the National Guardsmen pictures on TV? What about the Pentagon Active Duty Military Staff that was involved in the cleanup efforts? Just NYPD/NYFD! I am insulted. Being in LA, we are dirtbags most of the time, people look at us with disgust, but now they are thanking us, where were they at the airport when I can back from Kuwait last year? Wheres my discount at the store? In some cops pocket, thats where.

Once again, I am patriotic, I will and can die at any time for this country. I just think we need to think about that 365. If your folks are from another country, and mine are, its okay to represent the home court, but your here now, and if you plan to stay, you better be down with our team, cause if its that much better there, why arent you there? Why arent your parents there?

I will tell you why, cause theyd be shot in cold blood for saying things like these, and you would'nt have the opportunities we have here, do not take them for granted!

Peace
Old 09-11-2002, 08:05 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by chatapuggy1
J Rock,

Im with you in a sense, I am an active duty military member, so I do this shit 365 24/7, I have seen what the flag looks like before the little stickers were on the cars and hanging out on homes. I am patriotic to the fullest and also have a great respect for other cultures as well. I do think as a culturally mixed up country we often have an idenity crisis as to where we are from, until things like this bring us together, which of course is nice. I would just like to see it more often before or after 9/11. Being in many different countries around the world, I can honestly tell you that in the US, I have observed little patriotism, of course until after 9/11, when its easy to jump on the media bandwagon.

My wife is Canadian, and I can honestly tell you, everytime I go up there to Canada, you can feel that the people have a great sense of pride in thier country, flags everywhere all the time, hope we can be that way someday, this just may do it. I understand where you are coming from J Rock, it is a little Gay, and I get bashed all the time for it, but wheres the National Guardsmen pictures on TV? What about the Pentagon Active Duty Military Staff that was involved in the cleanup efforts? Just NYPD/NYFD! I am insulted. Being in LA, we are dirtbags most of the time, people look at us with disgust, but now they are thanking us, where were they at the airport when I can back from Kuwait last year? Wheres my discount at the store? In some cops pocket, thats where.

Once again, I am patriotic, I will and can die at any time for this country. I just think we need to think about that 365. If your folks are from another country, and mine are, its okay to represent the home court, but your here now, and if you plan to stay, you better be down with our team, cause if its that much better there, why arent you there? Why arent your parents there?

I will tell you why, cause theyd be shot in cold blood for saying things like these, and you would'nt have the opportunities we have here, do not take them for granted!

Peace
I do think JRock could've been a little bit less of a turd in the punch bowl, but I do agree with the argument.

I think it sucks that it took an event like 9/11 to rally the nation. (And that rally has seemed to weaken)

Almost 15 years of complete Bull market materialism came crashing to an end.

I for one am glad all the 80's babies finally got a dose of reality. (Don't even come at me with the "oh so you're glad 3k people died") The Gulf War was a video game for the youngsters ... the economic bubble and MTV culture also seemed to take individualism to an all-time high. A bit of a slap in the face isn't it?

Waving flags is cool, but it's a bit like being puting an M5 badge on a 528i.

Patriotism should be expressed everyday.

Either way, I'm glad to see everyone in a festive mood. Let's just make sure to remind ourselves how lucky we are to be Americans.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:47 PM
Pro

Originally posted by chatapuggy1
Being in many different countries around the world, I can honestly tell you that in the US, I have observed little patriotism, of course until after 9/11, when its easy to jump on the media bandwagon.
i don't know if it's fair to compair the US with other countries u may have travelled to because no other country has the intense mixture that we do here in the states. groups of immigrants to flock to other countries to the same degree as they do here. nor are other countries as accomodating as the US where u don't have to learn a particular language or lifestyle or things of that nature. u can pretty much move over here, find a group of your country people and have a mini-version of ur homeland right here. i don't see how its a bandwagon. i see it as a very contagious fever. i think it just takes some longer to realize what they've had when what they've had is all they've known and grew up with.

My wife is Canadian, and I can honestly tell you, everytime I go up there to Canada, you can feel that the people have a great sense of pride in thier country, flags everywhere all the time, hope we can be that way someday, this just may do it. [/B]
whereabout? i go to Toronto for work quite often and the border is the only time i see their flag. i was just talking to my counterparts from Canada about the lack of flags up there and how there isn't a sense of nationalism up there as there is here. i guess it depends which part of canada ur talking about...kinda like how some parts of the states show mor eof their patriotism than others.[/B][/QUOTE]

but wheres the National Guardsmen pictures on TV? What about the Pentagon Active Duty Military Staff that was involved in the cleanup efforts? Just NYPD/NYFD! I am insulted.[/B]
i've seen plenty of coverage of the folks at the pentagon and the guardsmen at the local bridges, tunnels and airports. i'm not sure what u're looking for exactly. i won't say that it's been equal coverage by far but they're completely different situations. one life is not more precious than the other. on one hand u have a military installation whose occupation is lifethreatening by the nature of it. on the other hand u have almost 3,000 people going to work selling bagels or running diners or selling stocks or processing insurance claims. these are not ever thought to be lifethreatening. can u see how the country mught view the deaths of these people as imbued with a sense of lost innocence? military are people of war. they defend and fight. its anticpated that some will die and that they are all targets since they are the very symbol of their country's might.
i really can't believe u could say "just nypd/fdny" as if they're getting too much coverage. yes these jobs are dangerous but u can't say to the same extent of a military position. in a sense they had to pay for the military lapse to see these things coming. sorry bud, these folks ran up 10's of flights of stairs towards a burning jet - f-in big ones. instead of being proud for ur fellow american u've chosen to be insulted - what a martyr.

Being in LA, we are dirtbags most of the time, people look at us with disgust, but now they are thanking us, where were they at the airport when I can back from Kuwait last year? Wheres my discount at the store? In some cops pocket, thats where.[/B]
u just exemplified why there's been a lack of empathy for Us servicemen. the best compensated, the best trained, the best equipped force is not only complaining about a discount at a store but upset that police officers are being thanked. i'll admit that the media did do a diservice to the boys in Kuwait when they hyped as a "point and click" war. i find it hard to believe that there was zero hand to hand over there. but to perhaps explain (not excuse) the lack of appreciation previously most stories about the military usually entail domestic violence and illicit behavior with female minors of the country where they were stationed.

don't be a glory hog
Old 09-11-2002, 08:50 PM
Pro

but if we waved flags around everyday, wouldn't that eventually become a mundane act and then just a meaningless gesture?
Old 09-12-2002, 12:41 AM
What to do, what to think

How do you do it???
Old 09-12-2002, 12:45 AM
What to do, what to think

oh never mind

sorry hehehehe.....got kinda confused there, but yeah I'm in too. Thanks shawn
Old 09-12-2002, 11:21 AM
Team Owner

Thanks all for participating.

I’ll leave the images on my website in case anyone wants to keep using the FLAG avatars.

Shawn S
Old 09-12-2002, 06:20 PM
Pro

thanks much Shawn S