Do not go to Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 03:27 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do not go to Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH!!!

Finally, I get a call back from the General Manger of Sunnyside Acura, Mr. Jim Mitchell.

First, he started to go on summary of events of "road tests" to fix 2 dashboard rattles":

He goes like:
1) At least 19 "road tests" have been done.
2) At least 3-4 Service reps took my CLS for "road tests"
3) Each "road test" is like 5-6 miles each way!

So, he concluded that these are road tests to make sure that all rattles have been fixed

He added that no one took my CLS on a joy ride

He agreed with me that 100 miles of "road tests" is too much and wrong :'(

He offered to refill my CLS tank and wash my car again ... duh....

I mentioned I never asked for compensation, just to make sure that this never happens again... And as for the rattles, the same damn ratlles came back again Last Saturday...:o

So, he offered to schedule another appointment to fix it again..

However, the worst of all he said:<font size =4><b> "In the future, I would suggested to find another dealer to service your CLS!!!!" </b> </font>

WTF, Sunnyside Acura, I will never recommend your dealership to anyone... <font size =4><b]You are the darkside Acura.[/b] </font>

Sunnyside Acura = :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:
Old 03-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

He actually told you not to go back to his own dealership?????
Old 03-12-2002, 03:33 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: Do not go to Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH!!!

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
However, the worst of all he said:<font size =4><b> "In the future, I would suggested to find another dealer to service your CLS!!!!" </b> </font>

Never thought I'd read about something like that. The dealer just came out and told you to go away, damn! Are there any other Acura dealers near you?
Old 03-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

WTF, i would call Acura Customer Relations ASAP.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:39 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I would go to American Honda with this one.:angry:
Old 03-12-2002, 03:47 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Re: Re: Do not go to Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH!!!

Originally posted by Nitin

Never thought I'd read about something like that. The dealer just came out and told you to go away, damn! Are there any other Acura dealers near you?

The other nearest Acura dealer is 41 miles away. then the second neares is 47 miles away.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Should I call the 1-800 or email Acura? I will call... (800) 382-2238 and Tell my story.

Trending Topics

Old 03-12-2002, 03:50 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Should I call the 1-800 or email Acura?

CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALL NOW!!
Old 03-12-2002, 03:55 PM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Do not go to Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH!!!

The other nearest Acura dealer is 41 miles away. then the second neares is 47 miles away.

Forget that then. You should call Acura Customer Relations right away and let them know about all this. If there had been a nearby dealer then you could have just gone there from now on, but 41 miles is just too much. Anyways, the guy should never have said to go elsewhere, that was completely wrong of him.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm truly shocked!!!!

I'd be on the phone with Corporate INSTANTLY. Let us know what they're action is.
Old 03-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Zapata

CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CALL NOW!!
and we'll supersize your order, not only will you get the GM's head on a stick, but the service manager's as well, but wait thats not all......

ok i cant do that shit any more sorry thought it would be funny

i would call and seriously tell them WTF. if your lucky he wont have a job any more and acura will have a long talk with the owner of that dealership!
u may get some SERIOUS ass kissing from now on!
Old 03-12-2002, 04:18 PM
Red X

keep us updated.
Old 03-12-2002, 04:25 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I just called Acura Customer care Hot Line.

I told the rep my story and he was very understanding to my feelings and disappointment.

1) He agreed that 100 miles of road test is too much and he understand why I am mad. I added that I went to the dealership's general manager for my concern first, then, when I was told to go away and never come back, I called Acura Customer care.

2) I said, what if my CLS' tranny failed, do I have to tow my car 40+ miles to MA, or to the nearest Acura dealership?. He agreed with me that I should not have to drive (or tow) my CLS 40 miles or more for another Acura dealership . And, the nearest dealership can't refuse to service my CLS.

3) I told him that I am shocked to hear the GM statement:" ...find another dealer...."

I gave him my cell phone number. Actions to be taken:

1) He will documenet my concern and my experience.
2) He will write to the "Sunnyside" Acura about my case.
3) He will inform "Sunnyside" that I do still prefer servicing my CLS at their dealership due the convenience of the "short distance" to their dealership.

We will see how things will go from here..
Old 03-12-2002, 04:43 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Did I mention that I am planning on buying an MDX (or Honda Pilot) for my wife and I am may trade my CLS for the redesigned and top of the line 2004 TL!!!

Surely enough, it will not be at the "Darkside" Acura..
Old 03-12-2002, 05:23 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Whoa, sorry to hear about your experience....

Even if you were a complete PITA, it still doesn't warrant you being told to go elsewhere when you question the excessive mileage put on your vehicle.

I guess the worst part about all this is that if something happens to your car, TLC will tow it to the nearest dealer: Sunnyside.

BTW, how far is "too far" for guaranteed good service? PAA is only 4 hours away...
Old 03-12-2002, 05:39 PM
Cruisin'

I wish we had a better dealer around us.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:25 AM
Cruisin'

Since you spoke to the Genrel manager, I would suggext you speak with the owner of the dealership. It would be interesting what (s)he says.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:51 AM

Do what I did.

Go over there on a saturday, and RAISE hell on the showroom floor about how bad the dealership sucks, and repeatedly ask him why he's so incompetent.

I wouldn't trust getting my car done there.

100 miles is something I'd REALLY raise hell about!
Old 03-13-2002, 10:15 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nashua,

I would also consider approaching a local newspaper about your interesting story... nevermind the 100 miles, Now you really deserve compensation..
Old 03-13-2002, 10:25 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I will wait for what Acura Customer care will do... then, I will take it from there.

Did I mention that I have an Acura's Extended warrantee for 100,000 miles/ 6 years.

I am sure that the "Darkside" Acura will see me a lot in the future.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:59 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Go ahead and contact the owner while waiting for ACS to reply. Tell him you are part of a large online community of Acura owners, and that by turing you away, he may have turned away a whole lot of people.
Old 03-13-2002, 11:15 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Here is Joe (not Jim as stated before ) Mitchel ( General Manager)

This is what they say about him (B.S.), their last Precision team award was 1998:
Joe's primary focus is to provide the highest level of customer service possible. Joe and his team of associates have demonstrated time and again their commitment to quality as they have repeatedly, over the past several years, won the prestigious ACURA PRECISION TEAM AWARD. Joe is a seasoned professional with 31 years of experience in the automotive industry.
You see, GM does exactly the opposit of what his boss , Mr Jim Powers (Owner) wants, BTW, I met once Mr. Jim Powers the owner of Sunnyside Acura. It was the cocktail event to launch the MDX.:

Jim's 20 years of experience in the automotive industry and five years as owner of Sunnyside Acura has given him keen insight into what people want from an auto dealership. "Our focus at Sunnyside, is to provide our customers with the very best experience possible. Our team of Associates are knowledgeable, experienced, and completely customer oriented." Jim currently serves as Vice-chairman of the Acura National Dealer Advisory Board and locally is a board member of the Greater Nashua Boys & Girls Club.
Here is their Team:

http://www.sunnysideacura.com/information-staff.html
Old 03-13-2002, 11:39 AM

REWRITE:

Joe's primary focus is to treat his customers like shit. He enjoys sending their automobiles out for a minimum of 100 miles to make sure that NONE of the rattles were fixed.

If you ask Joe why he did this, he will tell you to find another dealership.

SOMEBODY bastardize that goofy pic.

Old 03-13-2002, 12:01 PM
Intermediate

lets bombard jim powers email addy with complaints.
Old 03-13-2002, 12:09 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

JIM POWERS
Owner

Hi, I am the owner SHOOT me a Fooking Email at:
jpowers@sunnysideacura.com
Old 03-13-2002, 12:49 PM
trying to get a lil V-I

Originally posted by TypeSKid

SOMEBODY bastardize that goofy pic.

No need...already looks bastardize
Old 03-18-2002, 09:52 AM
Advanced

Hey, NNH. I am really interested in the outcome of your problems with Sunnyside. I have been a customer there for a little over 4 years. I haven' had any major issues with service. Please let me know what resolution/satisfaction, if any, that you get.
Old 03-18-2002, 02:29 PM
I LOVE MY CAR

NNH....

Look at it this way... 41 miles X 2 = 82 miles roundtrip + a normal test drive of 12-15 miles = 94-97 miles total. That's less than the length of their test drive...

(41X2)+15 = 97

97<100

Best of Luck with Acura Cust Serv.....
Old 03-18-2002, 02:39 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Originally posted by omoulton
Hey, NNH. I am really interested in the outcome of your problems with Sunnyside. I have been a customer there for a little over 4 years. I haven' had any major issues with service. Please let me know what resolution/satisfaction, if any, that you get.
I can not acuse Sunnyside Acura of racisism (I am canadian of ME origin). However, their unprofessional behavior when I camplained about a bad service screw the whole customer relationship between their dealership and myself.

Also, they never appologized for the "19-road tests" totalling 100 miles to fix 2 rattles that later showed up in less a week. The opposite happend, they told me to go away!

BTW, by the end of this week, I will call again Acura Customer Care for a status update on this issue.
Old 03-18-2002, 03:29 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NNH,

Remember that thread about the guy who got sued for defaming a dealership on a VW board or something??

As much as I hate to say this, be carefull ....
Old 03-18-2002, 03:31 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...ghlight=sue+vw

here's the thread
Old 03-18-2002, 03:37 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Speaking of lies about a dealership is "defaming" a dealership.

Speaking the trueth about what happened in a Free country is NOT defaming Sunnyside Acura.

I was relaying the words of General Manager of Sunnyside Acura: " In the future, I suggest finding another Acura Dealership to service your CLS."

Maybe I can not prove that my car was taken for a 100 miles "joy ride", never the less, a 100 miles have been driven using my CLS when it was in service at their dealership.

Tell me is this defaming Sunnyside Acura?
Old 03-18-2002, 03:41 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Speaking the trueth about what happened in a Free country is NOT defaming Sunnyside Acura.

I was relaying the words of General Manager of Sunnyside Acura: " In the future, I suggest finding another Acura Dealership to service your CLS."
Dude, I am not a lawyer or anything, but it happen to that VW guy and there is a possibility that it can happen to you if they get word that you are posting this.... No matter who is right (which, BTW I completely agree with you), you can still get slapped with a nice lawsuit. What is a couple G's for Sunnyside to spring for a lawyer who can make your life miserable and make you spend money defending yourself.

Heck, they might even get you in vengence for trying to get them in trouble with American Honda.... Who knows
Freedom of speech and all, and the courts are still tied up with stupid cases.

Just my 2Cents!
Old 03-18-2002, 03:53 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

ruvz,

Thanks for the advice. You are right a lot $$$$$$ would overwhelm my pitty cash savings quickly in any court of law.

I would try to tone it down. I tried my best to address my conceren with Sunnyside Management first, then Acura Customer care
Old 03-18-2002, 04:12 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

ruvz,

Thanks for the advice. You are right a lot $$$$$$ would overwhelm my pitty cash savings quickly in any court of law.

I would try to tone it down. I tried my best to address my conceren with Sunnyside Management first, then Acura Customer care
Right on... I know it sucks, but unfortunatly, money can buy justice...

Old 03-18-2002, 04:18 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Nashua is actually legal. This is a public forum and he has not personally attacked anybody's character. Nashua's criticism is only of the business relationship which that car dealer seeks to keep. Since, Sunnyside advertises all the info that Nasuha linked to a-cl.com, in a public domain(internet). Now if Nasuha were to ingnore the issue at hand and start to attack these people on a personal level, totally unrelated to the topic at hand, then i could see that Sunnyside could bring suite. However, Nashua has nothing wrong and even if Sunnyside were to bring suite the case wouldn't even go to trial because the judge would look at the facts and throw it out because of Sunnysides fishy business edicit.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:21 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Maybe I can not prove that my car was taken for a 100 miles "joy ride", never the less, a 100 miles have been driven using my CLS when it was in service at their dealership.

Tell me is this defaming Sunnyside Acura?

No it isn't defaming Sunnyside. Defaming them would be accusing them of supporting the taliban or accuse them of supporting terrorist or accusing them of something they didn't do. You haven't done any of that. Even if you called the GM a moron who is inbred and has an extra chromosome, you would be ok because the GM is a public figure and accordingly is subject to public criticism.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:37 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Nashua,
I would suggest leaving you posts to just criticisms of Sunnyside and not lobbying people not to spend money. Although Sunnyside, would have a very very difficult time bringing suit(depending on state laws). However, atmost they might ask the judge to file a restraining order stoping you from posting etc., Headaches you don't need or want. Just say, Sunnyside acura sux and i will never never go back and leave it at that. You haven't done anything wrong but.....
Old 03-18-2002, 04:48 PM
JOE
Instructor

I fully agree with Zapata.. I'm an attorney and it is not against the law to post your experiences concerning certain business organizations. Nashua, you have taken the proper steps to ensure that what the GM said to you won't happen to another customer. The only way any dealership or persons can sue for defamation is if you "harrass" any or all employees of said organization by writing, emailing, or speaking to them about things other than your experience.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:56 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Originally posted by Zapata
Nashua,
I would suggest leaving you posts to just criticisms of Sunnyside and not lobbying people not to spend money. ....You haven't done anything wrong but.....
Oh, I mean't by my thread title: Do not go to Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH!!! === " In the future, I suggest finding another Acura Dealership to service your CLS.", GM of Sunnyside Acura.

Thanks for all of you specially, Zapta and JOE. Thanks for the support.

Quick Reply: Do not go to Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH!!!