Dealer misinformed me of springs!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 11:57 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer misinformed me of springs!

Here's my story of my new CLS MT:

I bought the car a week ago, with the understanding that it would include the following:

1. Lowering Kit (which I was pretty sure was from Comptech as I asked and they said it was)

2. Rear Spoiler

3. Sway Bar Set (From Comptech)

On Thursday, I called to see if the car is ready. They said that they were putting on the rear bar and it would be done. I said what about the front? They said what front?

They tried to claim that I didn't specify two bars, which is ridiculous because on the purchase agreement it says sway bar set. Well after a lot of threats to write letters and talk to my fellow colleagues (all physicians who are young) they said they would put the front on.

Yesterday, I went to pick up the car. It looked nice! Drop was great, but while the handling was tons better than the float your boat stock, it had a little bounce to it I didn't expect. That's when I got home and picked up the brochure/warranty info, and found out they had installed eibach prokits with a camber kit!

I was wondering why the back end sat low and not raked like teh comptech look. It looks even, and when I measured the height from ground to the side sills, it's still lower in the front than the back, but the design of the car makes the back look a little droopy.

My wife likes it, I like it too, I just wish that I could've gotten a little more height in the back (just .25 inch would do the trick).

By the way, if you are wondering, the dealer is Marin Acura in the Bay Area, Cali. They promised a lot, and when it came time, they didn't deliver.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:14 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
uh.if I were you Id double check EVERYTHING. Are you even sure you got both front and rear comptech sways? I woudnt easily assume anything at this point and do a visual inspection myself.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:33 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

If they promised Comptechs, you should get Comptechs. The ride on the eibachs is gonna be BOUNCY!!!!! The comptechs are only 10% stiffer than stock, where the eibachs are about 25% stiffer. If this doesnt bother you, keep them, they look better than the Comptechs, IMO. The camber kit is a nice addition too!!! Now you can adjust your rear camber in case your drop gives you inside wear. Make sure the sways are comptech too!!!

You need to come to a Bay Area meet and show off your ride!!
Old 10-19-2002, 12:45 PM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
go back and make them do it correctly.
Old 10-19-2002, 02:37 PM

Originally posted by TypeSDragoon
go back and make them do it correctly.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:43 AM
Instructor

From now on, I'm going to email them. As email can be used in a court of law. I best be getting my car up on some jacks soon to check everything... damn.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:35 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Re: Dealer misinformed me of springs!

Originally posted by neoprufrok
Here's my story of my new CLS MT:

I bought the car a week ago, with the understanding that it would include the following:

1. Lowering Kit (which I was pretty sure was from Comptech as I asked and they said it was)

2. Rear Spoiler

3. Sway Bar Set (From Comptech)

On Thursday, I called to see if the car is ready. They said that they were putting on the rear bar and it would be done. I said what about the front? They said what front?

They tried to claim that I didn't specify two bars, which is ridiculous because on the purchase agreement it says sway bar set. Well after a lot of threats to write letters and talk to my fellow colleagues (all physicians who are young) they said they would put the front on.

Yesterday, I went to pick up the car. It looked nice! Drop was great, but while the handling was tons better than the float your boat stock, it had a little bounce to it I didn't expect. That's when I got home and picked up the brochure/warranty info, and found out they had installed eibach prokits with a camber kit!

I was wondering why the back end sat low and not raked like teh comptech look. It looks even, and when I measured the height from ground to the side sills, it's still lower in the front than the back, but the design of the car makes the back look a little droopy.

My wife likes it, I like it too, I just wish that I could've gotten a little more height in the back (just .25 inch would do the trick).

By the way, if you are wondering, the dealer is Marin Acura in the Bay Area, Cali. They promised a lot, and when it came time, they didn't deliver.

Sorry for the rant.
Go back and give them hell!
Old 10-20-2002, 06:41 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
yea... the eibachs are alot tougher on your stock shocks... so expect to replace them earlier with eibach.

make sure they did in fact do everything they said...

but hey.. bonus... you got a camber kit! that was cool of them to add in. least you know you have proper alignment and less worries bout tire wear.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:35 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Originally posted by soopa
yea... the eibachs are alot tougher on your stock shocks... so expect to replace them earlier with eibach.

make sure they did in fact do everything they said...

GOOD POINT soopa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even think about it, but the stock shocks won't last long with the eibach's!!!!!! They would be fine with the comptech's, but with the extra stiffness of the eibach's, they will shot in no time!!!!
Old 10-21-2002, 03:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
it's the fact that the drop is more that makes them wear out faster.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:43 PM
Instructor

Just wondering, which springs do you guys think handles better. Ie which ones will feel more like I'm riding on rails even though I'm not.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2002, 04:05 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

NUESPEEDS, but the Eibachs are a close second!!!!

Comptechs improve the performance, but you still have the stock ride, not harsh at all.

You will KNOW you have the Eibachs on!!! Wait till you drive down on 80 or 880!!!!!!