CT Blower rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question CT Blower rebuild?

Hello all,

I will be looking to install my CT supercharger sometime soon but would like to rebuild the internals prior to installation. I believe eaton sells a rebuild kit but just need to research it some more. I guess my main question is does anyone know of a good shop in the DC, MD, NOVA area that can do this and what price range I can expect. Any recommendations for the install? My poor CLS6 has just been begging for attention and I need to install all these parts I have laying around in the garage. I think Paul (NVA AV6) rebuilds these but I am not sure. Anyhow any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:42 AM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
paul rebuilds the M90s he fabbed, so i don't see why he can't do the comptech blower.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Banned

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdaddyKA8
Hello all,

I will be looking to install my CT supercharger sometime soon but would like to rebuild the internals prior to installation. I believe eaton sells a rebuild kit but just need to research it some more. I guess my main question is does anyone know of a good shop in the DC, MD, NOVA area that can do this and what price range I can expect. Any recommendations for the install? My poor CLS6 has just been begging for attention and I need to install all these parts I have laying around in the garage. I think Paul (NVA AV6) rebuilds these but I am not sure. Anyhow any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.
Found this for you, but you'll have to ship

http://www.embreemachine.com/Eaton_Price_List.html

Have you installed all the other parts?
The following users liked this post:
bigdaddyKA8 (07-13-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
Ship it to magnuson.
bigdaddyKA8 (07-13-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
Found this for you, but you'll have to ship

http://www.embreemachine.com/Eaton_Price_List.html

Have you installed all the other parts?
Thanks I'll keep this in mind. Believe it or not only the icebox has been installed I hate working with exhausts because of rusted bolts and had been waiting to come across a CT b pipe to just do it all at once. After countless searches and waiting I eventually ran across a Greddy evo2 catback for $200! Going to try and install tomorrow but if I dont like it I'll get a custom pipe and thrown on the CT mufflers.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
where is my thank you ggggggrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

hehe jk
Old 07-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Banned

Thanks I'll keep this in mind. Believe it or not only the icebox has been installed I hate working with exhausts because of rusted bolts and had been waiting to come across a CT b pipe to just do it all at once. After countless searches and waiting I eventually ran across a Greddy evo2 catback for $200! Going to try and install tomorrow but if I dont like it I'll get a custom pipe and thrown on the CT mufflers.
I might know a guy getting rid of his B-Pipe soon. If he does I'll let him know to hold onto it and shoot you a PM.

BTW, where'd you pickup a Supercharger from? Your cars turning around pretty quick.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 181 Likes on 164 Posts
Ship it to magnuson
I think I'll send mine to Magnuson when it needs rebuild.
or I think I read that Paul did rebuild P.diddy's sc. I'm not sure though. pm Paul and ask him.

Last edited by anthracitecl; 07-13-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 667 Likes on 389 Posts
Originally Posted by anthracitecl
I think I'll send mine to Magnuson when it needs rebuild.
or I think I read that Paul did rebuild P.diddy's sc. I'm not sure though. pm Paul and ask him.
yea Paul rebuilt mine.
bigdaddyKA8 (07-13-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 181 Likes on 164 Posts
That's what I thought.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Brian6speed, you've been thanked!

P.diddy, thanks for the confirmation on the rebuild. I've only met Paul once but he definitely seems lik cool peeps and he knows his shit so most likely I will go his route unless he is crazy expensive. I'm the type of person that likes to put money in people's hands that do good work.

JBlue, HELL YES!!! Keep me informed on that b pipe! Regarding my build it's really just been a collecting process the past year. With the new house, a 1 and 3 year old, and school last fall I barely had enough time to drive it let alone mod it. So far I've picked up the CT springs, headers, icebox, F/R sways w/moog links, axle backs, oil cap, innovative mounts, neuspeed strut bar, UR under drive pulley set, 18x8.5 aspecs, sarona roof spoiler, oem front and sides lip kit to mod, CT polished supercharger with HBP, e-manage, boomslang harness, AEM digital boost gauge, dual pod a pillar, and RL calipers. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but oh well, this stuff should keep me busy for awhile!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 667 Likes on 389 Posts
i say if hes not too far out your way to drive i recommend Paul. hes the only person i let do major work on my car now. he knows his stuff and his prices are very good. damn lol you got a lot of stuff sitting around waiting to go on.

Last edited by p.diddy; 07-13-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Instructor

Damn after all that didn't even answer your question, picked it up in the black market from lippstuh.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by p.diddy
i say if hes not too far out your way to drive i recommend Paul. hes the only person i let do major work on my car now. he nows his stuff and his prices are very good. damn lol you got a lot of stuff sitting around waiting to go on.
Yeah he's pretty close, maybe 45 minutes or so. I'm actually gonna pm him now. Some parts are on already like the sways, strut bar, icebox, actually have eibach springs on the car (didn't realize this when I ordered the CT ones!), and aspecs (look amazing but weigh a ton). Oh yeah and the absolutely hardest, most difficult mod out there...........the CT oil cap!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
Originally Posted by JBlueCLS6
I might know a guy getting rid of his B-Pipe soon. If he does I'll let him know to hold onto it and shoot you a PM.

BTW, where'd you pickup a Supercharger from? Your cars turning around pretty quick.
u say CT B-Pipe ? txt me how much he wants and what is the diameter of piping there ?
Old 07-14-2011, 07:21 AM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
JBlue, HELL YES!!! Keep me informed on that b pipe! Regarding my build it's really just been a collecting process the past year. With the new house, a 1 and 3 year old, and school last fall I barely had enough time to drive it let alone mod it. So far I've picked up the CT springs, headers, icebox, F/R sways w/moog links, axle backs, oil cap, innovative mounts, neuspeed strut bar, UR under drive pulley set, 18x8.5 aspecs, sarona roof spoiler, oem front and sides lip kit to mod, CT polished supercharger with HBP, e-manage, boomslang harness, AEM digital boost gauge, dual pod a pillar, and RL calipers. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but oh well, this stuff should keep me busy for awhile!
Don't put the underdrive pulley on with the s/c. Nice list by the way!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by StreetKA
u say CT B-Pipe ? txt me how much he wants and what is the diameter of piping there ?
No, no, no...no butting in line my friend! And also hopefully repeat buyers get priority! Been looking for this stupid pipe for over a year now!

Yeah I know about the under drive pulleys and the blower. Sucks too because these are red, not the polished ones everyone has on here. They would add that nice little bling under the hood. Oh well I need to put up a bunch of stuff on the black market anyways.

I heard back from Paul this morning and will most likely drop the blower off for him to inspect it
Old 07-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Banned

No, no, no...no butting in line my friend! And also hopefully repeat buyers get priority! Been looking for this stupid pipe for over a year now!

Yeah I know about the under drive pulleys and the blower. Sucks too because these are red, not the polished ones everyone has on here. They would add that nice little bling under the hood. Oh well I need to put up a bunch of stuff on the black market anyways.

I heard back from Paul this morning and will most likely drop the blower off for him to inspect it
Yeah dude, he did inquire first and he's given me more then a grand already in prior purchases. But, I may know of 2 people who have Comptech B-Pipes who may be parting with their cars. One of the guys actually bought his B-Pipe from me.