Cool videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001 | 01:20 AM
Shalom

Cool videos

No stories just videos. Some are really good!

http://www.christurner.net/supra/
Old 10-26-2001 | 10:45 AM
STi

Cool vids, thanks to my T1 connection at my school i watched everything in no time
Old 10-26-2001 | 11:58 AM
MP Video Extraordinaire

Good Vids, but...

Great videos, but weren't there a lot of non-combatants around to be racing? (No flames please)

It looked like they were on the freakin' interstate!
Old 10-26-2001 | 12:11 PM
6 speed...

Re: Good Vids, but...

Originally posted by Chrisbert
Great videos, but weren't there a lot of non-combatants around to be racing? (No flames please)

It looked like they were on the freakin' interstate!
yeah, they were running pretty hard with a lot of innocent bystanders.

I was most amused with the ss camaro vs. supra when the cameraman panned over to the right side of the car and there was a sportbike running right beside them...

I clicked on the grand national link, but it looked more like a gn sighting than a gn race...

that s/c maxima has some oats, though...
Old 10-26-2001 | 12:44 PM
Shalom

Here are the actual stories from the different drivers involved:

http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/s...threadid=10158

At least these guys back up there stories with real videos and different accounts rather than these far fetched stories I read on here once in a while! ie. CL-S smoking an M-Roadster
Old 10-26-2001 | 05:21 PM
on bin laden

two words:

holy shit

Old 10-26-2001 | 05:59 PM
Shalom

Re: Re: Good Vids, but...

Originally posted by tankmonkey

yeah, they were running pretty hard with a lot of innocent bystanders.

I was most amused with the ss camaro vs. supra when the cameraman panned over to the right side of the car and there was a sportbike running right beside them...

I clicked on the grand national link, but it looked more like a gn sighting than a gn race...

that s/c maxima has some oats, though...
Ya just shows you how fast the 911TT and a BPU++ Supra are since the bike couldn't pass them and looked like they pulled on the bike at the higher speeds. The Grand National Link was real as well but looks like the Maxima got blocked by a slower car in his lane. These cars are extremely fast! One of those Maxima's actually beat the Supra BPU++ that was in the 911TT videos. Sick cars! These guys take this very seriously and don't smack without backing it up since they video and money race.
Old 10-27-2001 | 12:50 AM
URL Not Found!

nice

Nice VIDS!!!
Old 10-27-2001 | 04:34 PM
6 speed...

Re: Re: Re: Good Vids, but...

Originally posted by Shalom

Ya just shows you how fast the 911TT and a BPU++ Supra are since the bike couldn't pass them and looked like they pulled on the bike at the higher speeds. The Grand National Link was real as well but looks like the Maxima got blocked by a slower car in his lane. These cars are extremely fast! One of those Maxima's actually beat the Supra BPU++ that was in the 911TT videos. Sick cars! These guys take this very seriously and don't smack without backing it up since they video and money race.
uh, they didn't exactly pull on the bike in that video...

if you pause the video as the camera pans to and from the bike, there's a truck in the lane ahead of him. I'd have backed off, too, knowing that I didn't have the power to pull a clean pass and not being sure if the other cars were going to react in a predictable manner. (by the time the other two cars get to it, the truck is in the middle lane, where the supra was, and the supra went to the right lane where the bike would have been had he not backed off - that was simply about survival for the bike rider) either way, it isn't all that uncommon for fast cars to pull on bikes from highway speeds as motorcycle aerodynamics are absolutely atrocious. it might well have been different with a faster bike (looked like a new gixxer to me, but I couldn't tell if it was the 600, 750, or the 1000), but then again, it could have ended the same way. with cars this fast, and on the street, it's very hard to call.

as far as the gn goes, like I said, it looked more like a sighting than a race. perhaps if the camera had been on for the entire race it would have been more interesting.

and you are correct, all of these cars are pretty damn fast (including the maximas).
Old 10-28-2001 | 01:37 AM
Shalom

Well a stock 911TT and that BPU++ supra can do 180mph+ How many bikes on the street do you know that can do that? At 145mp+ these cars will pull on a bike easily! The GN was on it hard as well they actually taked the guy after there was two or three other people in that car. You have to realize how fast a BPU++ Supra is on the highway. It may have only looked like a sighting which just goes to show you how fast these cars are.
Old 10-28-2001 | 01:41 AM
Shalom

Well a stock 911TT and that BPU++ supra can do 180mph+ How many bikes on the street do you know that can do that? At 145mph+ these cars will pull on a bike easily! The GN was on it hard as well they actually talked the guy after there was two or three other people in that car. You have to realize how fast a BPU++ Supra is on the highway. It may have only looked like a sighting which just goes to show you how fast these cars are.
Old 10-28-2001 | 04:05 PM
6 speed...

Well a stock 911TT and that BPU++ supra can do 180mph+ How many bikes on the street do you know that can do that? At 145mp+ these cars will pull on a bike easily! The GN was on it hard as well they actually taked the guy after there was two or three other people in that car. You have to realize how fast a BPU++ Supra is on the highway. It may have only looked like a sighting which just goes to show you how fast these cars are.
since you asked...

stock bikes? (these'll get within spitting distance of 180mph)

zx-11
zx-12
hayabusa
blackbird

if you allow for mods up to and including nitrous, the following will get you in the vicinity without too much trouble:

900rr
gsxr1000
gsxr1100
rf900r
fzr1000
yzf1000r
yzf r1
zx9r
zx10r
ninja 1000
muzzys raptor

if you just want to go fast and scare the bejesus out of yourself, mr. turbo can set you up with a zx11 or blackbird...

of course, none of this is the point...

the fact that either of these cars could pull on many production sportbikes at 145mph is moot here: the sportbike slowed down to avoid a truck in his lane. I emphasize this for your benefit because you seem to have missed it in the video.

as far as these cars pulling easily on the bike from 145mph, I quote myself from my previous post:

either way, it isn't all that uncommon for fast cars to pull on bikes from highway speeds as motorcycle aerodynamics are absolutely atrocious.
I think we're on the same page here.

as far as the gn race is concerned, I'm only going by what the video contained, which was about 15 seconds of footage showing a decelerating gn and at least one other combatant... whooptie-fucking-do.

can we tell that they raced? if nothing else, we can probably assume so from the context of the other videos on that website.

can we tell who won? I can't, because everyone is slowing down due to traffic when the video starts.

can I believe a supra took a gn? absolutely.

would I generally bet against the gn knowing that there is a possibility a supra could take it? absolutely not. imo, in a straight line, the typical modded gn running around out there is more than a match for the typical modded supra.
Old 10-28-2001 | 07:41 PM
3rd Gear

About the bystanders

ALL the people you see (except about 3 cars) are people following us, taping and watching. Not really bystanders. Just part of the group.
Old 10-28-2001 | 07:59 PM
3rd Gear

Re: Re: Re: Good Vids, but...

There is NEVER any money involved in the racing that goes on in the videos in question. It's all in good fun. Love of the cars.
The Maxima that beat the 472 Rear Wheel Horsepower BPU++ Supra (that was the film car) was several hundred pounds lighter, and was running a heck of a lot of NOS. We'll see what happens when the Porsche gets new bigger turbos
Old 10-28-2001 | 08:01 PM
3rd Gear

GN

The GN was on it hard as well they actually taked the guy after there was two or three other people in that car.
The GN had four people inside.
Old 10-28-2001 | 10:18 PM
Shalom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Vids, but...

Originally posted by tempacct

There is NEVER any money involved in the racing that goes on in the videos in question. It's all in good fun. Love of the cars.
The Maxima that beat the 472 Rear Wheel Horsepower BPU++ Supra (that was the film car) was several hundred pounds lighter, and was running a heck of a lot of NOS. We'll see what happens when the Porsche gets new bigger turbos
No money races in the videos shown. But some of those cars money race! Those Maxima's are damn fast from the look of it! I wish my CL-S could hang!:P
Old 10-30-2001 | 07:35 PM
Mr. Lover-Lover

nice videos....i love seeing those super cars go at it on the highway..the way they are made to be driven
Old 11-02-2001 | 11:00 AM
What can I get ya?

Hells yea, hot videos. I think I watched about all of them. I enjoyed watching that new white mustang gt get smoked, I did that to the same car in my cl. I have some races with a new prelude and new vette I'll try to get on here. Keep the videos coming.
Old 11-14-2001 | 12:22 PM
Cruisin'

Definately sweet boys. Got alot of vids from my Dak R/T, usually from far elss impressive cars however.

I'd like to try some of those cars out against a truck I'm in the process of purchasing:

It's all NA and it's 160MPH speedo has been pegged a few times.