Comptech bar intial review

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 05:47 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by peiqinglong
lou, you only have one bar...that can't quite possibly make you the expect on this. Until you've tried the neuspeed, cusco, eibach, and weapon r you can go about claiming one is better than the other. At the very least if you tried atleast one other bar that would atleast give you somewhat of an unbiased view.
I understand your viewpoint but every other bar has not given a substantial gain where there has been evidence of any true benefit. While Im telling you thats crazy cause my bar will transform you luxury cruiser touring car unto a race NSX type, racy X gran turismo sport rally car. What more proof do you need. Peiguinling you have springs and sways right do you have upgraded wheels and tires cause if you do this bar will complete you system better than the other bars that people claim will only be felt in the twisties.

You have a luxury cuiser touring strut bar with an additional nice strut bar that helps a lot or as much as it can. The Titanium bar is a race derived bar with sport in mind so in other words this bar will be felt greater if all other suspension mods had been done first. If you have a stock cL-S and throw on the bar you will not feel it that much if any cause your springs, sways, and tires will give before the bar so no true increase.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Python2121
does the car need to be on a lift to install them?
its no them its a bar and NO it does not need to be on a lift. You take off the old strut bar and mount this one and tighten all screw its a no-brainer.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:57 PM
Banned

Actually...I have a full strut tower bar that looks like an aluminum bridge underneath my hood.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally posted by moomaster_99
Actually...I have a full strut tower bar that looks like an aluminum bridge underneath my hood.
please show me pics!!
Old 03-14-2003, 10:26 AM
TRELOS

I personally want the CT Ti bar, only because of the construction of the bar. The placements for mounting and the fact that the bar also bolts to the fire wall.

What is the cowl? I thought that those only existed in planes. The only cowl that I know of in a car is one that redirects incoming air to the radiator and the engine.

Ovbiously u need to play engineer if u want to have a better performing car. U do research and ask questions, everyone here knows that and does the same, that's why there is a forum. It wouldn't be logical for me to go ahead with someone simply because they say it is the best. If that were true I would have already changed my Blinker Fluid :egistered trade mark: .

So lets go ahead and justify ur point that the CT Ti is better than the others by giving us measurements. When I 1st saw the CT Ti, compared to the Neuspeed I was initially impress and believed that the CT would out perform the others simply because of CT construction. BUT I am curious as to the diameter and thickness of the bar.

Type of Ti that CT used and percentage of Ti that they used in relation to other possible metals...well we'll get on that subject later .

So to condense everything that I said. I believe that CT design is superior to the others. Although I am curious as to the diameter and thickness of the bar.

Juker008
Old 03-14-2003, 11:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by lou
...Sidemarker you are dead wrong about not being to tell the difference and Ill leave it at that. ...

im glad you proved me wrong with your extensive test with just one bar

sidemarker
Old 03-14-2003, 11:11 AM
'Cooter

tomorrow, i'll let Lou drive my car so he can switch on and off with the Neuspeed
Old 03-14-2003, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Juker008
I personally want the CT Ti bar, only because of the construction of the bar. The placements for mounting and the fact that the bar also bolts to the fire wall.

What is the cowl? I thought that those only existed in planes. The only cowl that I know of in a car is one that redirects incoming air to the radiator and the engine.

Ovbiously u need to play engineer if u want to have a better performing car. U do research and ask questions, everyone here knows that and does the same, that's why there is a forum. It wouldn't be logical for me to go ahead with someone simply because they say it is the best. If that were true I would have already changed my Blinker Fluid :egistered trade mark: .

So lets go ahead and justify ur point that the CT Ti is better than the others by giving us measurements. When I 1st saw the CT Ti, compared to the Neuspeed I was initially impress and believed that the CT would out perform the others simply because of CT construction. BUT I am curious as to the diameter and thickness of the bar.

Type of Ti that CT used and percentage of Ti that they used in relation to other possible metals...well we'll get on that subject later .

So to condense everything that I said. I believe that CT design is superior to the others. Although I am curious as to the diameter and thickness of the bar.

Juker008
Juker008 at last somebody else who thinks the same way. The cowl is what Comptech calls the firewall and it doesn't bolt to the firewall its actually to the same place your wipers and wiper motor sits at.

I understand that the thickness of the bar plays an important role but I don't think it makes the most difference. I think the position of the bar compared to stock and the added screw you use with the Ti. I have a pic. of the stock bar and if you see it you'll see what Im talking about. I think all of the aftermarket bars are great but the stock bar is just not cutting it so unless some manufacture comes out with a bar that will replace it than the Ti will always have the advantage.
Old 03-14-2003, 02:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by sidemarker
im glad you proved me wrong with your extensive test with just one bar

sidemarker
Sidemarker Im referring to your comment about not being able to tell the difference with either setup and Im telling you I feel a difference with the Ti.

I don't know if that's proving you wrong but its surely not proving you're RIGHT.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Instructor

waiting for my comptech stb. .from dean. backordered until april 15th!
Old 03-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally posted by CL®
waiting for my comptech stb. .from dean. backordered until april 15th!
Dean had a couple in just when they came out and I got mine with in the week Dean is where Ill be getting most of my sheet from now on highly recommended

oh by the way for all of you that want crosdrilled rotors Deansbluesi sells the Brembo and these other ones he was negotiating for real cheap. I would definetly ask him what he can do for you before you go anywhere else. Doesn't hurt to try and he responds faster than anybody Ive done business with.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:06 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by lou
please show me pics!!

For more pics go here... http://www.bui4ever.com/meets_101202.htm

Lou, I have the Cusco upper and lower bars and the comptech sways. All I need now is up graded tires and one last rear tie bar to supplement the sways and I'm all set. Plus keep in mind that my Teins have damper settings on them too, so I can stiffen up the ride even more so.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:10 PM
Banned

Originally posted by peiqinglong

For more pics go here... http://www.bui4ever.com/meets_101202.htm

Lou, I have the Cusco upper and lower bars and the comptech sways. All I need now is up graded tires and one last rear tie bar to supplement the sways and I'm all set. Plus keep in mind that my Teins have damper settings on them too, so I can stiffen up the ride even more so.
Dayum!!!!!!! That's a big bar!!!!
Old 03-14-2003, 06:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by lou
Sidemarker Im referring to your comment about not being able to tell the difference with either setup and Im telling you I feel a difference with the Ti.

I don't know if that's proving you wrong but its surely not proving you're RIGHT.
well when you state that i am "dead wrong" that sounds like you are proving me wrong.

sidemarker
Old 03-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It does not work with stock bar..!!!.. I prefer keeping the stock one.
Old 03-15-2003, 08:00 AM
Banned

Look how big the bar looks in the engine bay