Clubrsx'ers say the RSX type R will beat 6MT CL-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clubrsx'ers say the RSX type R will beat 6MT CL-S

interesting thought...anyone know exactly what this RSX type R will actually be if it comes stateside??? and why in gods name would acura make a cheap RSX type R that can beat its FLAGSHIP of the Type S nameplate...CL-S??? doesnt that seem stupid?? wouldnt they want the CL-S to reign supreme over the other Type S cars or Type R for that matter???

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?threadid=22386
Old 04-01-2002, 08:46 PM
Race Director

i would think the RSX Type R would beat a 6-speed cl....if it wouldnt, it would be dumb kinda.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:49 PM
Banned

sheesh, you think so?? what the hell is honda gonna put in the RSX-R???? turbo???? supercharger???
Old 04-01-2002, 08:55 PM
Silver Surfer CLS

My buddy just bought a new RSX and there is an option from ACURA to install a Vortech supercharger in it from the factory. He said it is claimes to be 240HP at the wheels after the install. It cost him $2700 extra which I said isn't bad at all. He is going to kick my ass all over the place. That thing is going to beat an M3. Exhaust supercharger new rubber etc. He will have like 260-280 at the whells of an RSX DAMN
Old 04-01-2002, 09:03 PM
Banned

i dunno if i beleive that, its nowhere on the Acura site or anywhere else i can find..sounds like BS to me...anyone have any proof of this Vortech-RSX?????
Old 04-01-2002, 09:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: Clubrsx'ers say the RSX type R will beat 6MT CL-S

Originally posted by jimcol711
interesting thought...anyone know exactly what this RSX type R will actually be if it comes stateside??? and why in gods name would acura make a cheap RSX type R that can beat its FLAGSHIP of the Type S nameplate...CL-S??? doesnt that seem stupid?? wouldnt they want the CL-S to reign supreme over the other Type S cars or Type R for that matter???

The Integra Type R in Europe which is the same car basicaly has 220 HP. Tighter suspension and sport seats, etc. 6 speed tranny yes, but I still think it will be close to the CLS 6MT.

http://www.autoweb.com.au/start_60/s...1/article.html
Old 04-01-2002, 09:10 PM
Instructor

As a RSX owner, I find it hard to believe that people are comparing the cl-s manual with a car that is not even available here. If the type-r comes here it should be quicker, but I can't imagine it being by much. The powertrain of the cl-s 6speed in very useable. The rsx has decent torque, but it could use some more. Plus the rumors are is that the type-r will have a 220 hp engine. The cl-s has 40 more horses and at least 70lbs more torque. Yet the RSX is much lighter. I say it would be fairly close. They are two totally different cars. The RSX will outhandle the CL though.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally posted by mblock66
My buddy just bought a new RSX and there is an option from ACURA to install a Vortech supercharger in it from the factory. He said it is claimes to be 240HP at the wheels after the install. It cost him $2700 extra which I said isn't bad at all. He is going to kick my ass all over the place. That thing is going to beat an M3. Exhaust supercharger new rubber etc. He will have like 260-280 at the whells of an RSX DAMN
Old 04-01-2002, 09:50 PM
Silver Surfer CLS

it isn't horse shit. He drove it the other night at the dealer with the vortech installed already. He is getting it tomorrow night. He said it is whicked. I can't wait to see it. They claimed 50% HP increase at the crank. So 200HP stock plus 50% = 300HP so at the wheels that is about 240-250. I will give an update after I see this thing. He told me that no one really knows about this option you have to ask about it.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

It's not factory-installed. And it's not covered under the Acura warranty.

Superchargers and Hondas don't work well together. Tell him to enjoy his detonation and start saving up for new pistons (at least).
Old 04-01-2002, 10:21 PM
Silver Surfer CLS

no it is dealer installed and YES it is under the warrenty just not the trans or engine. But everything else is. I don't understand how Acura made this option for the RSX. Springfield Acura gave it to him. Still can't wait to ride in it
Old 04-01-2002, 11:36 PM
It's Go-Time.

no it is dealer installed and YES it is under the warrenty just not the trans or engine. But everything else is.
HUH? You're saying Acura still covers the warranty, but excludes tranny & engine? So when your pal snaps a few connecting rods and cooks a piston or two...don't worry, the warranty will cover.............absolutely squat.:sqnteek:

RSX w/ 11:1 compression + Vortech A-trim = :wackit:
Old 04-02-2002, 02:32 AM
Cause stock sux.

Re: Clubrsx'ers say the RSX type R will beat 6MT CL-S

Originally posted by jimcol711

The only difference in the Type R that I've heard about is that it will have 20 more HP and stiffer suspension, bigger wing, usual type r upgrades. Since the HP increase is only 20 HP, this leads me to believe it all lies within a pumped up ECU. I think the engine is the exact same, they're just messing with fuel ratios, timing, etc. to gain more HP.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:57 AM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
I hope they bring over the JDM colors also. I got these from the Temple of VTEC:

Old 04-02-2002, 03:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
not too sure about the spoiler, nice car though especially the silver one.
Old 04-02-2002, 07:41 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Odds are they probably got most of that power from exhaust and mild porting/polishing of the engine.

While it may push 225hp, it is also light as hell. From the video I watched of that car on the Honda test track about a year ago it is absolutely sick. The dude driving it ran it at about 7500-9000rpm the entire time he was on the track.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:17 AM
Silver Surfer CLS

well you don't have to beleive me I just talked to him about it and I am going to see it this week. Yes the entire car in under warrenty excet the trans and the enging. He is really pissed because they didn't explain that to him but whatever he is happy. There is no reason to flame on me. I am not lying. I will post pictures later if I can.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:18 AM

well you don't have to beleive me I just talked to him about it and I am going to see it this week. Yes the entire car in under warrenty excet the trans and the enging. He is really pissed because they didn't explain that to him but whatever he is happy. There is no reason to flame on me. I am not lying. I will post pictures later if I can.

I'm sure you will.

It just so happens, that one dealership, in New Jersey offers this option, but NO other dealership in the US does?

Sure. I believe it.

Time to wake up from that dream little guy.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:45 AM
Advanced

Are those Honda badges on the pics of the RSX?
Old 04-02-2002, 10:02 AM
aka davo-tsx

Originally posted by omoulton
Are those Honda badges on the pics of the RSX?
Of course! It's not an Acura only car. Acura just re-badges is from Japan where it's still the Honda Integra.

http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/integra_r/
Old 04-02-2002, 10:50 AM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
A CL-S 6sp will beat a RSX-R. It will be a drivers race at the start, but at higher speeds the CL-S will own.
Old 04-02-2002, 11:29 AM
Silver Surfer CLS

Dude you need to just shut the FK up. You tell me then why Springfield Acura in New Jersey offered him the option when he asked "what performance pars are available from acura/honda pertnerships?" and they said......

There are two superchargers we can install for you for additional cost to your RSX purchase. So he took the option and they are installing it this week. What is your big problem? You are the type of guys that ruin this board. Just say "wow I didn't know that was available at the dealer lever" DID YOU EVER ASK???? HUH???? DIDN"T THINK SO???
Old 04-02-2002, 12:47 PM
Banned

All I know is that the RSX-S cant beat an auto right now...so what makes 20 more hp think they can take a CL with a 6 spd which should also have 20 more WHP....and not to mention the ability to drop the clutch to kill any lag off the line.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:12 PM
aka davo-tsx

What sets the Type R from the Type S is not horsepower. It's everything else. It comes with Recaro seats, Momo steering wheel, Koni shocks, Brembo Brakes, larger wheels and tires. It's tuned for the track more than the drag strip. Will it beat a CL-S in a straight line, probably by a small magin.

As far as the supercharger goes, it's pure aftermarket just as if the dealer would install some Comptech stuff for you on your CL. I'm sure they would make sure to tell you that it voids your warranty as soon as they install it also. (The supercharger that is)
Old 04-02-2002, 01:14 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Without a closed differential he'll have a hard time keeping that thing from spinning through first couple of gears.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:23 PM
You are not here.

Dude you need to just shut the FK up. You tell me then why Springfield Acura in New Jersey offered him the option when he asked "what performance pars are available from acura/honda pertnerships?" and they said......

There are two superchargers we can install for you for additional cost to your RSX purchase. So he took the option and they are installing it this week. What is your big problem? You are the type of guys that ruin this board. Just say "wow I didn't know that was available at the dealer lever" DID YOU EVER ASK???? HUH???? DIDN"T THINK SO???
No Junior, it's false/misinformed ingrates such as yourself who "ruin" this board. You forget that the class of people who frequent this board are of a different age group than those of the RSX board. As such, this board carries a higher average IQ and level of experience with those numbers. You are more likely to be called on fanciful claims here, and I'm actually surprised there haven't been more members coming forth to refute your testimony. Your story is cloudy with shit, and not believeable. Either you are being lied to, or are trying to lie to us for some unknown reason -as I feel you would find it hard to name someone on this board who really gives a rat's ass about your friend's brother's next door neighbor's econo-tegras mysterious and exclusive to New Jersey supercharging system, for under $2,700.

It comes down to the fact that there are in fact several Acura-specific mechanics, and knowledgable people on this board. I am not necessarily one of these people, though I am well enough rehersed to know crap when I smell it. In a properly tuned SC setup, around 4-6% of the engines peak output will be gained from each lb. of boost. Your numbers do not match up. 300 HP from an engine rated at 200HP, are you aware of how much pressure this would require? Somewhere around 8 psi. 8 psi. on stock internals, yeah -not for long. So now, even if somehow your friend has stumbled across a Vortech application that even Vortech is unaware of, and this dealership is offering a kit that they alone have developed under the counter and for some reason do not want anyone to know about, then he will likely make it to his house to park that sucker before he cracks a head or bends a rod or two. And without the warranty, he won't be going ANYWHERE in it nor will you. Maybe I"m underestimating the RSX's engine, but from what I've heard -it is far from a war horse. And what has your friends done to the transmission to achieve a 50-60 HP loss? Those are very high numbers for parasitic loss.

So please, prove me wrong by posting detailed and up-close pictures, and preferably a dyno graph. I would actually be very interested to see this. Until then, you're just another kid who's been spending too much time watching The F&F. Rice on.

Oh yeah, BTW: There are NO "performance parts available from acura/honda partnerships" As I recall, Mugen was the closest, and there are no Honda equivelents to Toyota's TRD. Someone is lying.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:45 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Coffinon wheeels for us 6 footers, get a damn CL-s!
Old 04-02-2002, 02:02 PM
Silver Surfer CLS

Tisk tisk tisk!!! You know you are right about the fact that there are knowledgeable people on this board and that you aren't one. Haha fool! Nice to see your IQ is way up there lol! Hmmm and how about the fact that you are the ONLY one disputing this on the board. NO ONE ELSE.

You need to get off the cock you are riding on and face some facts. This is 100% truth, I don't need to prove anything to you but I WILL soon, there are 2 supercharger kits out there for the RSX, and it is TRUTH. THAT'S IT. Are you getting off by trying to "prove me wrong"?

And I am not a 17 year old punk that is talking shit either buddy. I am a fiancial analyst for a global insurance firm so I think I am a little more intelligent than you think pal! Is that different age group you are talking about the 60 year olds? I would guess that mostly everyone posting on this board is mid 20' to mid 30's if not younger ok!! So keep thinking you are cool by shooting your mouth off. If you are that old and wise get a cadillac and get outta my face.

And by the way yes there are partnerships idiot. How about Comptech. Many Acura dealerships install comptech parts right at the dealership before you take posession of the car. Researsh before you bitch, bitch

Hahahahahaah
Old 04-02-2002, 02:09 PM
Instructor

mblock66, chill out man. As an RSX owner I have yet to hear of any supercharger/turbo that are out on the market. If I am not mistaken most of the ones that have been at the car shows were just prototypes. Jackson racing has confirmed that a kit will not be available until mid to later this year. I am not saying it is impossible, but nobody has mentioned this until now and nobody at clubrsx has mentioned it either. Considering these kits are going to wanted by pretty much everyone I would think it would be all over the place if they are available. All in all it would be awesome if you are telling the truth, but don't knock on people because they don't believe something that is hard to believe in the first place.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:20 PM
Silver Surfer CLS

point taken!! Very well taken but I don't like being called a liar when I know it to be true. I will post proof in a few days until then do whatever and say whatever you want. All I know is that he is picking up the car this week somtime and it will be installed. I can't say anything that will make people want to beleive me but maybe he is getting one of the prototypes? Who knows? All I know is I saw the slip for $2700 for a supercharger installation at MY local acuara dealer for a 2002 RSX-typeS. OK?
Old 04-02-2002, 02:26 PM
Instructor

That's cool man, I wouldn't like to be called a liar either. The truth is their is no proof of these being available yet, but I hope they are/will be soon.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:31 PM
Silver Surfer CLS

Well hopefully I will break the ice and have the first successful install for you! Not that it will help me being a CLS owner haha
Old 04-02-2002, 02:34 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
really no point in debating if this is true or not. Will one of the nay sayers please just call the Acura Dealership in NJ (springfield is it?) that he is referring to so we can verify this shit and put this to rest. I'd do it but since i dont know alot of you, and wasn't arguing against, it wouldnt hold much water. mblock66 do you have a contact at the dealership so we can check this out.

Best to get facts before you say no way, no how IMO..just look at the C5 vette guy that recently talked all that smack to the civic turbo guy on the vette boards only to get his ass handed to him when they raced :thumbsdn: Don't be that guy.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:36 PM
Silver Surfer CLS

let me see if I can get a contact from my friend.

I am not talking smack by the way just passing the word
Old 04-02-2002, 02:58 PM

Just called over there, and they busted out laughing before I could even finish my sentence!

Old 04-02-2002, 03:02 PM
Silver Surfer CLS

What dealer did you call? I think I said the wrong one but before you think you are all SOOooooooooooooooooo right let me get the contact and post pictures and you can swallow your words! ok?
Old 04-02-2002, 03:47 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by TypeSKid
Just called over there, and they busted out laughing before I could even finish my sentence!

Old 04-02-2002, 04:12 PM

What dealer did you call? I think I said the wrong one but before you think you are all SOOooooooooooooooooo right let me get the contact and post pictures and you can swallow your words! ok?

-----insert 'ban the fucker' pic here-------
Old 04-02-2002, 04:32 PM
Cause stock sux.

The fact is...if ACURA is endorsing these superchargers and making htem an option...they would not void the warranty of the transmission and engine. If anything, thats an after market kit your friend is ordering THROUGH the Acura dealership, and by which Acura would not be held liable for what happens afterwards. Not dissing anyone. Thats just my opinion.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:59 PM
You are not here.

Tisk tisk tisk!!! You know you are right about the fact that there are knowledgeable people on this board and that you aren't one. Haha fool! Nice to see your IQ is way up there lol! Hmmm and how about the fact that you are the ONLY one disputing this on the board. NO ONE ELSE.

Are you saying this because you don't think I am able to see the previous posts? Or are you really that short-minded? The "ONLY" one huh? This is a mute point anyway, as I read this last night and just wrote you off as another funnel-minded moron.

You need to get off the cock you are riding on and face some facts.

Your maturity speaks for itself.

This is 100% truth, I don't need to prove anything to you but I WILL soon, there are 2 supercharger kits out there for the RSX, and it is TRUTH. THAT'S IT. Are you getting off by trying to "prove me wrong"?

Really now, name one. Thought so, and I don't have to prove you wrong -you are going to do that for me.

And I am not a 17 year old punk that is talking shit either buddy.

Sound like it. Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, you know the story...

I am a fiancial analyst for a global insurance firm so I think I am a little more intelligent than you think pal!

Doubtful, and why is it that you believe your position as a financial analyst, for ANY sized firm would amend you as being intelligent?

What different age group you are talking about the 60 year olds? I would guess that mostly everyone posting on this board is mid 20' to mid 30's if not younger ok!!

No, the 25-50 year olds are the ones I am talking about. This is in contrast to the 16-30 year olds of the RSX genre. The RSX is aimed at the younger generations, and at this Acura suceeds, and it shows among the following. Do you frequent the RSX board much? Surely you do.

Yep thinking you are cool by shooting your mouth off. If you are that old and wise get a cadillac and get outta my face.

Oh, don't you worry about that. I know I'm cool...

by the way yes there are partnerships idiot. How about Comptech. Many Acura dealerships install comptech parts right at the dealership before you take posession of the car. Researsh before you bitch, bitch

Wow, the name calling really pushes your point. You must be a big man.

Now, learn the difference between FACTORY performance -such as TRD, and AFTERMARKET, such as Comptech. No research needed. I have, on my car right now a set of comptech sways and headers. So don't try to introduce me to comptech. I guess you could call Comptech a partnership of sorts, but try to get any comptech part installed at the factory. Honda neither finances or develops items for Comptech -they are a seperate entity.

hahahaah

Oooohhh, you really got me there. You must be laughing really hard. Keep it up Ace, and bring on those pictures and proof. I will be the first person to admit that I was wrong, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. With all the name calling and carrying on you've put forth, this had better be pretty good.

(Ok, question for one of you other guys, I keep trying to close with my name "B i s h o p", but everytime I try to post it, it is changed to ******, what gives?)

Quick Reply: Clubrsx'ers say the RSX type R will beat 6MT CL-S