CL S v.s. Grand Prix GTP.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006 | 10:12 AM
Instructor

CL S v.s. Grand Prix GTP.

(Daytona Beach) In my rearview mirror I'm watching this guy in a fire engine red 03'ish Grand Prix is giving this guy in an early 90's LS400 bloody hell until they finally make it up to me. The guy in the LS400 pulls in front of me to let the guy in the Grand Prix pull past him like he's going out of his mind. I pull up behind the Grand Prix and follow him about 2 carlengths behind to see if I get his attention.

He sees me in his rearview mirror and pulls away, zig zagging through traffic. There's nothing impressive about what he did so I cautiously follow him until we get through the slower traffic. There's long stretch of road and he guns his Grand Prix for life or death. For some reason I guess he thought He'd leave me in the dust but I stayed on him at a constant 3 car lengths before we come up on another crowd of slower cars. Here's where he pisses me off: Instead of staying in the left lane behind slower cars while I ease by him he makes an unsure lane change and barrels his car into the right lane, cutting me off.

I patiently follow him as we get past the slower traffic out into another long stretch of empty highway. He pulls away once again about 5 car lengths like a bat out of hell but this time he's not getting away. :shakehead

I switched to SS mode and downshifted to 4th, which wasn't enough for my taste, so I quickly downshifted to 3rd. I'm pulling on him steadily and surely. As I pulled by him and had a good 1 car length on him I upshifted to 4th and made a good 4 car length pull on him and got around 130mph before shutting down. As I slow to about 90mph he flies by me, gangsta leaning in his car and doing this:
Old 12-29-2006 | 11:28 AM
Read Matt. 24 3-14

...so let me get this straight, you put up 3 street encounter forums in what like 2 hours?!?!
Old 12-29-2006 | 11:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Grand Prix's stock i dont think would match well with a CLS. But once you start modding the GTP the CLS will just see its taillights.
Old 12-29-2006 | 11:56 AM
ABP CL-S 6 NAV

the GTX's might be a better match. anyone ever "encounter" those on the roads?
Old 12-29-2006 | 03:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by supaman8118
...so let me get this straight, you put up 3 street encounter forums in what like 2 hours?!?!

From my "CL S v.s. Dodge Charger v.s. Pontiac G6 coupe" Thread:

Okay, back from my vacation on South Beach - I told myself I wouldn't rack on the miles in my CL S like I did my CL2.2 but I took this one roadtrip anyways. We stayed in one of the Deco motels on Collins A1A, took in some sights at Coconut Grove, Key West, and Orlando totalling close to 2000 miles. The car performed like a champ just as I expected.

In 3 days and close to 2000 miles of being on the road in two different states I'd say that would be more than enough time to have 3 encounters
Old 12-29-2006 | 03:56 PM
Instructor

i know some people hate on the street encounters section, but keep it coming usurper..not only is it fun reading..its nice to see how the CL-S stacks up against all the other cars on the road and ur def testing out a good population of cars for competition.
Old 12-29-2006 | 07:02 PM
Above n Beyond

4 car lengths @ 130mph doesnt really add up considering the GTP's limiter reaches only 115 if i'm not mistaken. Not trying to be a dick, but Im pretty sure they cant go past 110-115.
Old 12-29-2006 | 07:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
4 car lengths @ 130mph doesnt really add up considering the GTP's limiter reaches only 115 if i'm not mistaken. Not trying to be a dick, but Im pretty sure they cant go past 110-115.
The GTP will run 0 to 60 in 6.4 sec, which matches up well with an auto CL-S. Now from a rolling start the CL-S will easily beat GTP. The GTP runs out on steam on the top end. It is governed at 125 mph.
Old 12-29-2006 | 07:46 PM
Above n Beyond

That's weird then because my buddy has a GTP and we were about to race when he said, "ok, we can only race up to 115 because my governor". hmmm oh well.
Old 12-29-2006 | 09:09 PM
Read Matt. 24 3-14

Originally Posted by GuddsCLtypeS
i know some people hate on the street encounters section, but keep it coming usurper..not only is it fun reading..its nice to see how the CL-S stacks up against all the other cars on the road and ur def testing out a good population of cars for competition.
...Not hating, jus didn't think he would do all that racing in one day, but he clarified so thts whats up
Old 12-29-2006 | 09:09 PM
Instructor

I already know everything Pontiac makes is governed. I just wanted to close the door on that twirp in the GTP. Even the GTP coupe before it was discontinued was governed to hit a brick wall at 115mph.
Old 12-29-2006 | 09:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by supaman8118
...Not hating, jus didn't think he would do all that racing in one day, but he clarified so thts whats up
You did read my previous post didn't you? I don't think you did or you wouldn't think I had three encounters in one day. Let me make it a little more clear for you:

3 days.

2000 miles.

2 states.
Old 12-29-2006 | 09:14 PM
Instructor

You're right. People do an unecessary amount of hating in the street encounters forum. They act like they're getting paid or getting frequent flyer mileage for trying to prove someone's story wrong. As long as I have em' I'm going to keep on posting em'.
Old 12-30-2006 | 07:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by USURPER
You're right. People do an unecessary amount of hating in the street encounters forum. They act like they're getting paid or getting frequent flyer mileage for trying to prove someone's story wrong. As long as I have em' I'm going to keep on posting em'.
As long as you do not show a pattern of egregiously dangerous driving then, do not sweat the naysayers.

Back on topic, as the GTP, Regal GS, Monte Carlo (L67) and Impala (L67) only came in 4AT, they do match very well with the CL-S/TL-S 5AT, save for their low governed top end and 'iffy' handling. ....and as MikeCLS6 indicated, modded L67s will make very short work of the CL-S (5AT or 6MT). LINK
Old 12-30-2006 | 11:23 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by F23A4
As long as you do not show a pattern of egregiously dangerous driving then, do not sweat the naysayers.

Back on topic, as the GTP, Regal GS, Monte Carlo (L67) and Impala (L67) only came in 4AT, they do match very well with the CL-S/TL-S 5AT, save for their low governed top end and 'iffy' handling. ....and as MikeCLS6 indicated, modded L67s will make very short work of the CL-S (5AT or 6MT). LINK
I'm even safer now than I was 5 years ago. There's no need to be reckless. I did check out those Pontiacs in that link you provided but I also noticed those cars were modified out of the ass. When you get in the low 13's and high 12's you check out their lists of mods and they have half of Pep Boys, Autozone, O'Reily's, NAPA Autoparts, and Advance Autoparts under their hoods. The only spot I could find some official timeslips for CL S cars was at dragtimes.com where a dude trapped a low 13@105mph and his only posted mods was Comptech headers and an icebox. I'd like to see the timeslips of some CL S's that are as heavily modified as those Pontiacs.
Old 12-30-2006 | 03:13 PM
Above n Beyond

I'm even safer now than I was 5 years ago. There's no need to be reckless.
So explain to me how doing 130 mph isnt reckless.
Explain to me how doing over 100mph with your GIRLFRIEND sleeping in your car isnt reckless. You're endangering your own g/f's life. I would hate to see your racing encounter threads 5 years ago.
Old 12-30-2006 | 05:46 PM
Instructor

I'm reminded of this comment:

Old 12-31-2006 | 07:37 PM
Suzuka Master

it won't be long before we get the thread titled

"CL Typs S versus my wallet"

"Well after I beat down eleventy cars my CL type S decided to take a dump on me. I dun blew the motor and it spit it's wad all over the pavement. It will cost me the same as the national debt to fix. I hab no moneys, wut is a poor guy goinz to dooob?"
Old 01-02-2007 | 09:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

I first want to start this post by saying i own a modded GTP and a modded CLS-6. My CLS6 has headers and a AEM intake which dynoed at 252whp and 218lbs at the wheels. I have yet to dyno my GTP but im pretty sure its making more then the CLS-6.
Like F23A4 said.....all L67 engines are 4speed autos.
The L67 engine is a pushrod 3.8L V6 with a supercharger, no fancy technology there. Stock ratings are 240hp and 285lbs at the flywheel i believe. When dynoed stock they put down around 200 at the wheels.
My GTP is a 97, that year came with no traction control or limited slip, i get the peg-leg when i punch it. All there power comes down low hence the supercharger and they have terrible top-end stock. i have some mods on my GTP making it a high 13sec car with traction problems (intake, pulley, roller rockers, downpipe...under 1k worth of mods.
And it gets 30m+mpg on trips!!!!i get about 24mpg driving around town

I will say the ride, comfort and quality of the acura is so much better then the pontiac hands down!!!!
Old 01-02-2007 | 03:11 PM
In the Mid-South meow

This is lame compared to your usual pimp heram encounters. Here's some of my personal favorite encounters...

CL S v.s. Infiniti M35
My HID's reveal the driver of the car - it's a slinky, sexy-looking scandinavian-looking, Bond girl-looking young woman with shoulder length piano wire straight blonde hair and bangs.

02' CL S v.s. 01' Prelude
She looks back at me wearing her Chanel sunglasses with a hard terminator looking stare, then puts her eyes back on the road.

CL S v.s. BMW 328i
I decide at the last moment to slow down even more to see who this person is that was trying to take me. I'm gazing hard through the smokey tint of the driver's side window and it turns out to be some 20 something-looking sorority-looking chick with curly brown hair.

02' CL S v.s. 06' Stratus
I look in my rearview mirror to see who this person is and it's a young blond with chrome sunglasses.

CL S v.s. Lexus ES300
I'm thinking to myself this lady might try me but I doubted it. Soon as the light turns green she GUNS IT!! I hit half throttle just to see if she was serious - YES she was serious!
Old 01-02-2007 | 06:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CLariSe-169
This is lame compared to your usual pimp heram encounters. Here's some of my personal favorite encounters...

CL S v.s. Infiniti M35
My HID's reveal the driver of the car - it's a slinky, sexy-looking scandinavian-looking, Bond girl-looking young woman with shoulder length piano wire straight blonde hair and bangs.

02' CL S v.s. 01' Prelude
She looks back at me wearing her Chanel sunglasses with a hard terminator looking stare, then puts her eyes back on the road.

CL S v.s. BMW 328i
I decide at the last moment to slow down even more to see who this person is that was trying to take me. I'm gazing hard through the smokey tint of the driver's side window and it turns out to be some 20 something-looking sorority-looking chick with curly brown hair.

02' CL S v.s. 06' Stratus
I look in my rearview mirror to see who this person is and it's a young blond with chrome sunglasses.

CL S v.s. Lexus ES300
I'm thinking to myself this lady might try me but I doubted it. Soon as the light turns green she GUNS IT!! I hit half throttle just to see if she was serious - YES she was serious!
You have to be the gayest son-of-a-bitch on this site. Do you see me fucking with you in your faggit ass threads? Hell no, you retarded asshole. You're another vendictive, bitter, petty, efeminant dick that needs to be banned. You don't have any room to say a damn thing about anybody, racing a weak ass 225hp WRX, and with children in the fucking car at that:

Pussy ass Clarise v.s. a WRX full of children.

You need to shut the fuck up and sign off.
Old 01-02-2007 | 06:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MikeCLS6
I first want to start this post by saying i own a modded GTP and a modded CLS-6. My CLS6 has headers and a AEM intake which dynoed at 252whp and 218lbs at the wheels. I have yet to dyno my GTP but im pretty sure its making more then the CLS-6.
Like F23A4 said.....all L67 engines are 4speed autos.
The L67 engine is a pushrod 3.8L V6 with a supercharger, no fancy technology there. Stock ratings are 240hp and 285lbs at the flywheel i believe. When dynoed stock they put down around 200 at the wheels.
My GTP is a 97, that year came with no traction control or limited slip, i get the peg-leg when i punch it. All there power comes down low hence the supercharger and they have terrible top-end stock. i have some mods on my GTP making it a high 13sec car with traction problems (intake, pulley, roller rockers, downpipe...under 1k worth of mods.
And it gets 30m+mpg on trips!!!!i get about 24mpg driving around town

I will say the ride, comfort and quality of the acura is so much better then the pontiac hands down!!!!
I see where you're coming from about your GTP. I never said it was a weak car. The 3.8 V6 is the best engine per cubic inch as the Ford 289 and the Chevy 327. But if you look at the moderator's link to the timeslips of those Pontiacs you'll notice those cars are pretty heavily moddified. Also, I'm wondering if you've bypassed the governor in your GTP as perhaps most of the other GTP racers did in that link.
Old 01-02-2007 | 06:18 PM
In the Mid-South meow

You have to be the gayest son-of-a-bitch on this site. Do you see me fucking with you in your faggit ass threads? Hell no, you retarded asshole. You're another vendictive, bitter, petty, efeminant dick that needs to be banned. You don't have any room to say a damn thing about anybody, racing a weak ass 225hp WRX, and with children in the fucking car at that:

Pussy ass Clarise v.s. a WRX full of children.

You need to shut the fuck up and sign off.
You really need some anger management. And still resorting to the name calling, huh? Remember what I told you about criticism? I hope you didn't just let that go out your other ear like you do with every other person's comments that critique your encounters. I was just having a little fun, but since you have your panties in a tizzy now, I'll leave you and your overly dramatic encounters to yourself. I'll miss the BS though, I really will, but change is good. You should look into it.
Old 01-02-2007 | 06:30 PM
Instructor

You need to just shut the fuck up and find something else to occupy your time with. Obviously you can see I don't fuck with anyone on this site. Obviously, in all this time I haven't said anything about you or to you in any of your threads or anywhere else on this site yet you still harrass me like you're mentally retarded. That should give you a little hint you fucking genius: SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BEING HARRASSED.

And if you think I'm going to sit idolly by and let an asshole like you continuously and unprovokingly contaminate threads, following me wherever you see me post, you're out of your fucking mind. You're supposed to be a grown ass man - you need to act like one instead of acting like some 12-year-old special ed, school yard bully. Grow the fuck up and mind your own damn business. If you don't have the common sense to interact on this site without harrassing people you need to sign off or get your sorry ass BANNED.
Old 01-02-2007 | 09:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CLariSe-169
You really need some anger management. And still resorting to the name calling, huh? Remember what I told you about criticism? I hope you didn't just let that go out your other ear like you do with every other person's comments that critique your encounters. I was just having a little fun, but since you have your panties in a tizzy now, I'll leave you and your overly dramatic encounters to yourself. I'll miss the BS though, I really will, but change is good. You should look into it.
Ya man, let him beeee. Thats what I did, even if I don't agree with his posts anymore, they are his street encounters that he is starting.

I have seen many other forums with 30 new street encounters from members per day. Atleast he keeps us chuckling.
Old 01-03-2007 | 04:56 AM
Senior Moderator

You need to just shut the fuck up and find something else to occupy your time with. Obviously you can see I don't fuck with anyone on this site. Obviously, in all this time I haven't said anything about you or to you in any of your threads or anywhere else on this site yet you still harrass me like you're mentally retarded. That should give you a little hint you fucking genius: SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE BEING HARRASSED.

And if you think I'm going to sit idolly by and let an asshole like you continuously and unprovokingly contaminate threads, following me wherever you see me post, you're out of your fucking mind. You're supposed to be a grown ass man - you need to act like one instead of acting like some 12-year-old special ed, school yard bully. Grow the fuck up and mind your own damn business. If you don't have the common sense to interact on this site without harrassing people you need to sign off or get your sorry ass BANNED.
Your last two posts were uncalled for and it seems you deserve a little time out until you can learn to associate with other board members in a civilized fashion.