CL Ignition Key Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL Ignition Key Problem

Hey all i have had my 2003 CL-S for about a month an a half nwo and im started to find some anoying rattles and all, more on that later. The real problem im having is with the key. I was drivng home last night from a wedding, it was a fairly long trip and by the end of it the keychain remote was restign on my knee. Needless to say i didnt like that so i pushed it off my knee whith my knee, Well this inturn pushed my key to the of position, thus shutting my car off at 60 MPH!! No gages, breaks and power steering where gone, luckly i was able to come to a safe stop. A few mins later when i got on a slow road i hit the key with my knee again and the same thing happend but this time i could bearly turn the steering wheel. I finally got home safly and i must say im extreamly pissed off!!! Has anyone else had this problem?

Im beginign to think i got a bad car or somehting cause i also have rattles in the sun roof and when i hit bumps i can hear this fuzzing noise comming from where my front doors meet the frame. It sounds as though the door or the window moves a little and then rubs ont he weather stripping. its really anoying cause its right in my ear. Also when i pull out ove my driveway , which is fair steop, i hear an anoying creeking noise. It happend when the car has been sitting for a while and when the front is on the driveway and the rear is on the street, so the front is higher then the back and it sound like the fram bens and rubs on the door making that noise.

Well i think those are all my complaints about my car. Anyone else notice these problems?:angry:
Old 05-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Um, i don't know what to say about your key problem other than to try moving your seat back? I've never had trouble with it.

The rattles are damn annoying, but some of yours don't seem like the common stuff often posted. Take it to the dealer and see what they say.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Suzuka Master

rattles, yes take that to the dealer. Re: key ignition problem, bring it up only if you want to get mocked by the service tech. lol.
Old 05-18-2003, 06:52 PM
900 club member

Shorter key ring? Bring it into the dealer for the rattles, most of them have the causes down pat now. My 2001 is as tight as a clams ass now.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:39 PM
Instructor

Yeah my car is going in on wed for the rattles. i figured out the key problem, it was that stupid clasp keychain that the acura place gave me. it had no give to it so when i hit it, it made my key turn!! stupid keychain.