Chicago Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002 | 11:49 PM
5th Gear

Chicago Dealers

Hey...Im from NY but I'm in Chicago and need to get my car serviced....I went to McGrath a couple of times but now that I have problems with my transmission and airbag lights...they complain about my cold air intake and how it probably sucked water in, even though it has a bypass valve and I rarely drive it in the rain....but now I don't want to go there anymore because my airconditioning does not work and I need to get it fixed and if I go to McGrath, they will say my system is messing up my car...so what dealerships in Chicago are mod friendly...I am in the Downtown area...so nothing too far.
Thanks
Jay
Old 04-17-2002 | 07:10 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Which McGrath dealer??? I hope it's not the one in Westmont, because that's where I bought my car.

I don't get these dealers sometimes. Why would they blame something like what you described on the CAI? It just doesn't make ANY sense!

Buttheads...
Old 04-17-2002 | 07:17 AM
Administrator Alumnus

I'm going ask for members help here, because I may need this also when I take my car in for service.

Sitting here right now, I know that a CAI can't cause the airbags to fails, nor the tranny, etc... When I take my car in and they bitch and moan about how I've added the CAI so whether they refuse or bitch about servicing the car, what argument(s) do I use to eliminate this retarded problem and get my vehicle serviced and taken car of properly?

I know there is some type of law, but I can't remember the name. Is it worth just finding a different dealer? There is one that is closer to me than where I bought my car from. I guess I could go there if things go wrong.

Would a call to Acura customer service be of any value?

Ideas???
Old 04-17-2002 | 07:38 AM
Instructor

I take my car to Continental Acura in Lisle. They've been great, but since I don't have CAI (yet). I'm not sure how they feel about mod's. I think I've seen on the boards here that Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates is mod-friendly. I'm curious to find out what dealers are truly mod-friendly.

Bueller, Bueller......
Old 04-17-2002 | 07:40 AM
Administrator Alumnus

My problem is I live in NW Indiana, so the closet dealer to me is Rizza in Orland Park and then McGrath in Westmont. I better have have to go all the way up to Woodfield to get my car serviced because some dealers have their heads up their asses...
Old 04-17-2002 | 07:57 AM
I LOVE MY CAR

I would agree with this and say your best bet is Continental in Lisle... only because they offer Performance mods there, so my guess is they will be more understanding.... they are only 10 minutes past McGrath in Westmont.... I have the service Mgr's number somewhere... his Name was Darrin. PM me if you need more info...

Originally posted by tktommy
I take my car to Continental Acura in Lisle. They've been great, but since I don't have CAI (yet). I'm not sure how they feel about mod's. I think I've seen on the boards here that Woodfield Acura in Hoffman Estates is mod-friendly. I'm curious to find out what dealers are truly mod-friendly.

Bueller, Bueller......
Old 04-17-2002 | 08:03 AM
Administrator Alumnus

That is great news Dom. I can handle 10 extra minutes to take it to a dealer that won't give me a hard time. I'll find out how McGrath will handle my CAI in a few weeks, as I'm coming up on my 3750 oil change.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2002 | 08:44 AM
Drifting

Re: Chicago Dealers

I can't stand McGrath. They screwed me over BIG TIME. My favorite dealership that I went to is Libertyville Acura. Thry are cool as hell there.

spiro
Originally posted by Chi-NY TypeS
Hey...Im from NY but I'm in Chicago and need to get my car serviced....I went to McGrath a couple of times but now that I have problems with my transmission and airbag lights...they complain about my cold air intake and how it probably sucked water in, even though it has a bypass valve and I rarely drive it in the rain....but now I don't want to go there anymore because my airconditioning does not work and I need to get it fixed and if I go to McGrath, they will say my system is messing up my car...so what dealerships in Chicago are mod friendly...I am in the Downtown area...so nothing too far.
Thanks
Jay
Old 04-17-2002 | 08:55 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Re: Re: Chicago Dealers

Originally posted by spiroh
I can't stand McGrath. They screwed me over BIG TIME. My favorite dealership that I went to is Libertyville Acura. Thry are cool as hell there.

spiro
What a bunch of crap. Why the hell can't there be an Acura dealer in NW Indiana???

If they give me crap it's either to Rizza in Orland or out to Continental in Lisle...
Old 04-17-2002 | 09:12 AM
Drifting

Re: Re: Re: Chicago Dealers

BTW the McGrath Acura I'm talking about is in Glenview, IL. Closer to my house.
Originally posted by Scrib

What a bunch of crap. Why the hell can't there be an Acura dealer in NW Indiana???

If they give me crap it's either to Rizza in Orland or out to Continental in Lisle...
Old 04-17-2002 | 09:30 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Arlington Acura used to be good, but the service guy Barry left, so I called Mueller's Woodfield Acura and talked to a service guy Chris that said the springs and CAI are no big deal because they are on 90% of the Acuras out there.
Old 04-17-2002 | 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Libertyville and Continental are both good. They are cool with mods too (got my comptech headers done at Libertyville & /springs/sways at Continental).

I dont like Ed Napleton acura too much, but it's not a far drive from the city (as opposed the above). I usually go there for convenience, they never say shit about my mods....

ginash
Old 04-17-2002 | 01:50 PM
JOE
Instructor

What's wrong with Napleton Acura in Elmhurst?? I recommend them to everyone who is interested in getting an Acura. Steve(service manager) and Ken(sales manager) are really nice guys and they'll go out of there way to make sure that the customer is satisfied.. I have never had a problem with Napleton and I would recommend the sales and service department to anyone on this board..
Old 04-17-2002 | 02:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Nicky Pass
Arlington Acura used to be good, but the service guy Barry left, so I called Mueller's Woodfield Acura and talked to a service guy Chris that said the springs and CAI are no big deal because they are on 90% of the Acuras out there.

yep i go to Mullers acura woodfield since '96... i love those guys. They never bitch about my mods, hell they even ask me about them.Great guys! They do all the warrenty work with no questions asked.
Old 04-17-2002 | 07:02 PM
Senior Moderator

They lied to me about service related issues..it's kinda a long story, but this was before they changed the management at Service...but I'm not even too excited about these new guys, they are clueless about mods and act like you're negating the warranty with mods. Whereas @ Lisle and at Continental, they are on top of Comptech and other performance mods....which makes a difference to me.

Originally posted by JOE
What's wrong with Napleton Acura in Elmhurst?? I recommend them to everyone who is interested in getting an Acura. Steve(service manager) and Ken(sales manager) are really nice guys and they'll go out of there way to make sure that the customer is satisfied.. I have never had a problem with Napleton and I would recommend the sales and service department to anyone on this board..
Old 04-17-2002 | 08:36 PM
Senior Moderator

hey while we are at it... where and how much is the 15k service?
Old 04-17-2002 | 10:20 PM
Senior Moderator

jesal
I called a bunch of place about the 15k awhile ago. I forgot who had the cheapest price...but I do remember there was some MAJOR cost differences between the different acura dealers...IMO, the 15k service is no worth it...so I opted not to do it. I'm still regretting doing the 7500 mile service. Look at your owners manual...it's all BS inspections....I'm at 25k miles...no problems...I'll do the 30k service though
Old 04-17-2002 | 10:58 PM
Senior Moderator

good point, i may just get an oild change and tranny fluild changed..