A Challenge...can anyone beat this shine??? a possible Zaino killer ;)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002 | 12:46 PM
Sick Spd Owner

Originally posted by Shawn S
Guilty as charged !!!!!
Hey shawn, i spent 33K on my car, another 10K on my home theater, and i just had to borrow 3 bucks to pay for my taco bell at lunch. Id rather have all my fun stuff than unneccesary items like food.
Old 09-04-2002 | 12:46 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by TypeSKid

Who cares about you and your $.

this thread is about wax, not about you and your thoughts.

If you wanna talk about that, start a journal, and send it to someone who cares.

Thread hijacking is gay.
Hey, why don't you go post this between the wax convo and the comment's i'm responding to and since your lacking comprehension skills. Your damn right it's not about my money it's more about your ignorance. I know I pushed this into this thread, mods, feel free to prune it back to it's contents.
Old 09-04-2002 | 01:19 PM

This is what else I found, also PM that dude ScottWax on the autopia board.

Read the Poll taken on there site - you'll see who is using what. Note Zaino.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an article also you should very carefully observe.

VIENNA, Va., June 13 /PRNewswire/ -- Jump Media Group, Inc. -- Guru Reports, an independent research group, released the results of its comprehensive test of 46 automotive wax products. With top marks in performance, ease of use, and durability, Armor All, Mothers, P21S, and Zaino were awarded Guru Reports' top designation, "Best in Class," according to the 2002 Car Wax Test - Special Report.

The inaugural study is based on a comprehensive set of test criteria and scientific research and analysis of 46 popular car waxes. The car waxes were divided into four categories; low priced, moderately priced, premium priced, and synthetic waxes. The study measured durability, ease of use, product availability, and performance amongst peers.

"Most of the waxes performed fairly well," says Guru Reports Editor-in- Chief Steve Litscher. "As our research indicates, the number of low and moderately priced waxes that performed extremely well is encouraging. This means the wax manufacturers are doing a good job of listening to consumers and delivering products that are a good value."

Litscher further states, "While consumers express great frustration in determining which wax to use, the products awarded our "Best in Class" and "Editors Choice" designations provide guidance in determining the right wax for the consumer's individual needs."

In the low priced category Armor All Protective Barrier Car Wax took the top honor. The Gurus praised Armor All for its high marks in the ease of use category and they point out that Armor All worked better than some waxes which cost 10 times as much.

In the moderately priced category the clear winner was Mothers California Gold Pure Carnauba, a liquid wax that performs well and is easy to use. The report states the Mothers wax under-promised and over-delivered. "Mothers continuing research and development efforts appear to be working in their favor," notes Litscher.

In the premium priced category the top honor was taken by P21S Concours- look Carnauba Wax. The Gurus noted that this product applies and removes effortlessly and produces outstanding results -- "We were amazed with how this product was able to drastically improve the shine of our test panels," says Litscher.

"Best in Class" honors in the synthetic wax category were awarded to Zaino Brothers Show Car Polish. This product achieved the highest overall score, one of only a handful to receive an overall grade of "B" or better. The test results indicate Zaino offers outstanding shine with unbeatable long lasting protection.
Old 09-04-2002 | 01:24 PM

So, In summary, Zaino is the best long last protection.

Although, the best shine is BY FAR P21S/S100.

I've used TONS of Zaino, and I can only get the perfect shine by using the P21S/S100 on my satin silver.
Old 09-04-2002 | 01:29 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by TypeSKid
So, In summary, Zaino is the best long last protection.

Although, the best shine is BY FAR P21S/S100.

I've used TONS of Zaino, and I can only get the perfect shine by using the P21S/S100 on my satin silver.
Sticking to Zaino then, short term is no good unless you have the time to mess around.
Old 09-04-2002 | 01:42 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by eclipse23

It seems that some people here just love to get on other people about money. I sincerely hope when I pick up my car that's just a K under 60K people won't find that to be a reason to now make summary judgements about what I should do.

Shawn, yeah go ahead and toss a joke his way about payments... tell me again how much did that home theatre cost?

Zapata, toss another comment out there about the price of BMW's when I'm sure the loss you took on the slushbox you had plus time and energy, plus the six speed CLS you just got probably at minimum, got close to a base 330.

I'm not jumping down anyone's throat here, I like all you guys but can we please get off the money wagon? We all spend it differently why judge simply on habits?
I see what you are saying but I do not complain about the price of my detailing supplies!!!!! I don't complain about my payments, I don't complain about the price of my car and how it's sooooo close to new accord coupe, i don't complain about the huge loss i took.......

Nobody is judging, i'm simply asking how somebody can spend that much money on a C/F intake and a car and then complain about $15 because none of expenditures is really necessary. Accordingly, one purchase doesn't hold any real value except enjoyment. Hence, my question why complain about the $15? If you recall, he also made a point about posting about the cost of the C/F intake? Yet, nothing was mentioned about the price of the car?

I'm not making any judgements.......
Old 09-04-2002 | 01:47 PM
///M POWER

Can i apply the s100 on top of the zaino??
Old 09-04-2002 | 01:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by darrinb
Can i apply the s100 on top of the zaino??
Yes but when you go to put on another coat of Zaino, you'll have to strip the s100 first. Same thing occurs with any Zaino "topper".
Old 09-04-2002 | 02:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Zapata

I see what you are saying but I do not complain about the price of my detailing supplies!!!!! I don't complain about my payments, I don't complain about the price of my car and how it's sooooo close to new accord coupe, i don't complain about the huge loss i took.......

Nobody is judging, i'm simply asking how somebody can spend that much money on a C/F intake and a car and then complain about $15 because none of expenditures is really necessary. Accordingly, one purchase doesn't hold any real value except enjoyment. Hence, my question why complain about the $15? If you recall, he also made a point about posting about the cost of the C/F intake? Yet, nothing was mentioned about the price of the car?

I'm not making any judgements.......
Dude, how long have you known me on this site? Almost everything i say is a joke. Show me where in this thread that i was really complaining about price.. it was a joke.. i even put a smilie face there. You are taking this wax stuff way to seriously.

Yes i made a post about the cost of the intake.. yea I complained a little.. but i also went out and got it. So im guessing it didnt effect me as much as you think. Basicly my threads that i make are just for attention, thats why I make the titles like "look how expensive this is" I like to get people to check it out even if it isnt that expensive.Its just an attention getter, ya know.

Honeslty zapata.. you like to make anything into a argument, and i dont see why you do. Please next time when you read my posts.. look to see if i post up a smilie, it basicly means im jokin or being cocky.

Also, I like to be different, thats the reason i go for the expensive intake, or the cheap wax.. i just love how people get soo defensive over zaino.. i find it funny.. soo sorry.

Oh and about the s100.. if it has a better shine than zaino then ill take it, i dont mind adding wax every 90days. you zaino guys do that anyways even if your waxs stay on longer. Ya know.

Dont take things soo seriously my brown brotha. :P
Old 09-04-2002 | 02:13 PM
The Creator

everything with money is relative.

a dollar is a dollar.
Old 09-04-2002 | 02:16 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by Crazy Sellout

Dude, how long have you known me on this site? Almost everything i say is a joke. Show me where in this thread that i was really complaining about price.. it was a joke.. i even put a smilie face there. You are taking this wax stuff way to seriously.

Yes i made a post about the cost of the intake.. yea I complained a little.. but i also went out and got it. So im guessing it didnt effect me as much as you think. Basicly my threads that i make are just for attention, thats why I make the titles like "look how expensive this is" I like to get people to check it out even if it isnt that expensive.Its just an attention getter, ya know.

Honeslty zapata.. you like to make anything into a argument, and i dont see why you do. Please next time when you read my posts.. look to see if i post up a smilie, it basicly means im jokin or being cocky.

Also, I like to be different, thats the reason i go for the expensive intake, or the cheap wax.. i just love how people get soo defensive over zaino.. i find it funny.. soo sorry.

Oh and about the s100.. if it has a better shine than zaino then ill take it, i dont mind adding wax every 90days. you zaino guys do that anyways even if your waxs stay on longer. Ya know.

Dont take things soo seriously my brown brotha. :P
ok so now i know Yes, i do have a tendency to get worked up My apologies..........
Old 09-04-2002 | 02:20 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Peace and love is now back at ACL.com.
Old 09-04-2002 | 02:26 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by Scrib
Peace and love is now back at ACL.com.
that's usually when Adam and i start arguing
Old 09-04-2002 | 02:27 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by soopa
everything with money is relative.

a dollar is a dollar.
Unless it’s Canadian, then a dollar is 50-cents.

Shawn S
Old 09-04-2002 | 02:36 PM
'Cooter

i think the S100/P2S is great when u wanna enter into a show car competition since it lasts a short time...that's about it

Zaino still wins long term, but if anyone used this at the PAA meet, they'd no doubt b the winner
Old 09-04-2002 | 02:58 PM
Senior Moderator

I dont see why long term has anything to do with it. Dont most of you guys wax almost every month??
Old 09-04-2002 | 03:07 PM
Fuct in the hed!

But its a BITCH to wax or polish a car when the winters get below 0 and there is a couple of inches of snow on the ground!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2002 | 03:23 PM
go like hell

hey nicky,
with shawn there could be a foot of snow on the ground with below zero temperature and he'll be out there with a bucket of water and his trusty zaino bottle. even those the wax is like "sludge" his car is going to be clean enough he can eat off of .
(don't take it too serious shawn i'm just kidding man)