Car went in for A/C and Tranny today

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001 | 09:51 AM
Drifting

Car went in for A/C and Tranny today

The A/C is out all it does is blow air...NOT cold. Not a big deal but kinda anoying. I also told them about my tranny starting to act up. They told me thay would check it out and let me know if they find anything. I will keep yall posted on the outcome.
Old 10-15-2001 | 10:13 AM
Banned

Hmm is the air conditioner going to be the next problem? I've read 4 or 5 cases of people in the TL board that had their AC go out...
Old 10-15-2001 | 10:17 AM
Drifting

Almost every honda/acura I have had went through a little ac problem. I had a civic, integra, and a 3.0 cl have some sort of ac problem...weather is the fan blades (that blow the air) stopping and needing to get hit to get it started or it just going out altogether.
Old 10-15-2001 | 01:28 PM
Drifting

well they said the tranny fluid is burned up and needs to be flushed. They said that it might be from being drivven to hard and its not going to be under warenty....120 bucks. But as bad as that sounds...the AC problem is even biggher. Here is the story....

I got some pulleys installed a few weeks ago by a local shop. When I picked up the car they wanted to point something out with the AC lines. Right by the alt. they have 2 metal lines for the coolent for the ac. The car place told me that they looked like they were to close together from the factory and were rubbing and that they might rub through. I said ok so I went to Acura to have it checked. They said whoever put the pulleys in bent the lines when they pulled out the alt. trying to install the pulleys and that is what is wrong with the lines. They said it probably wouldnt be a problem so I didnt call the car shop back. Now there is a hole in the lines and no more coolant! They have to be replaced....for 820 fucken dollars!!!!!!!!!!! I called the shop and the fucker blew up and said it was like that b4 they messed with it and that is why he told me so he wouldnt be responsible!!!!!!!! I dont know what the fuck to do!!!!!!!!

WHat should I do...should I have acura fix the ac problem and then try to get the money back from the car place by legal means (he said he was not giving me any money that it was a defect) Or should I not do anything till I figgure out whos going to be responcible?

Help anyone????
Old 10-15-2001 | 01:37 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Dude that sucks...makes me not want to get pullys now. I hope everything works out for you, just keep giving them hell.
Old 10-15-2001 | 02:06 PM
Drifting

Nola,

You have mail. I would definitely do legal action on this one.

Spiro
Old 10-15-2001 | 02:22 PM
The Creator

dude, FUCK THAT...

they better cover that fucking tranny!

thats bullshit... we have a fucking automatic "TYPE - S"

You cant drive it any harder then it was intended to be driven.

If thier fucking car cant handle what they gave it then their responsible.

FUCK IM TIRED OF THIS SHIT.

I'll tell ya this much... when i bring my tranny in for inspection later this week anything wrong with it better be fucking covered or I am going to have a FIT.
Old 10-15-2001 | 02:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by soopa
dude, FUCK THAT...

they better cover that fucking tranny!

thats bullshit... we have a fucking automatic "TYPE - S"

You cant drive it any harder then it was intended to be driven.

If thier fucking car cant handle what they gave it then their responsible.

FUCK IM TIRED OF THIS SHIT.

I'll tell ya this much... when i bring my tranny in for inspection later this week anything wrong with it better be fucking covered or I am going to have a FIT.
uh soopa did you read the whole thing? Its about the A/C :sqnteek:
Old 10-15-2001 | 02:29 PM
Drifting

yeah its not really the tranny that is pissing me off righ now...its not that much and if it fuckes up again I will get my money back. Its really the fact that now I might have to shell out 820 to get my ac fixed and I didnt even fuck anything up....someone else did.
Old 10-15-2001 | 02:37 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Your going to need a big time New Orlean lawyer......too many cooks in the Southern kitchen.....
Old 10-15-2001 | 02:42 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

AND you should print out thread pertaining to the failing transmissions if those Southern Dealerships are playing stupid ! Did you ask them "WHY" the transmission oil was burned ??????? Who's fault is that ?
Old 10-15-2001 | 02:52 PM
Pro

Take ir to another mechanic and get his opinion in writing on what caused the problem. It should be pretty obvious if the lines are bent.
I tend to think Acura is more apt to be right in this instance as the dealer would get paid in any scenerio either by you or ACura and your local mechanic is out of pocket bigtime if he caused the problem..
Old 10-15-2001 | 03:53 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by louisn
Take ir to another mechanic and get his opinion in writing on what caused the problem. It should be pretty obvious if the lines are bent.
I tend to think Acura is more apt to be right in this instance as the dealer would get paid in any scenerio either by you or ACura and your local mechanic is out of pocket bigtime if he caused the problem..
You're saying that Acura is more apt to be right about the A/C, after they said he had to pay for the Tranny fluid being burnt? I think the dealer he is dealing with is an A HOLE!! I agree, he should take it to someone else, another Acura dealer if possible..
Old 10-15-2001 | 05:51 PM
Drifting

I got my car back and I did not have them do anything to it. No ac and no tranny. I dont think I burnt up the tranny fluid but that is going to have to wait right now. I need to know who I need to talk to above the sevice people that are at the dealership. The head service person was a DICK to me and told me he had otherthings he had to do other than stand there and listen to me. I need to know who I need to talk to...the reganal sales manager????? does anyone have a # to the customer care service. I am soooo pissed right now, and to top it off I dont think the person who did the pulleys bent anything. Its just now that the ac lines have worn through and they are trying to blam it on the pulley person because its in the same area as the pulleys. I will try to take pics but my internet at home is messed up right now. Please if anyone can help me out with who I have to call!!!!!
Old 10-15-2001 | 06:24 PM
Rod
Drifting

More and more bullshit from Acura. They want to compete with BMW, Lexus, and even MB, but give us this stupid shit. I seriously doubt I'll ever own another Acura. They need to get their shit together.
Old 10-15-2001 | 06:53 PM
Banned

You guys absolutely crack me up.

I mean, granted - the Acura dealer shouldn't have been as big of a dick about it...

AND the tranny fluid shouldn't be burnt off because of ANY DAMN THING (the damn thing's sealed tighter than Fort Knox!). The dealer is WAAY wrong there.

BUT

They're right about the A/C. It's the shop's fault. ANd they probably (incorrectly) labeled you as a racer because of the pulleys.

Now - for the guts.

How the hell does this have any bearing on Acura as a company, or the car itself????
Old 10-15-2001 | 06:53 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

You get what you paid for !
Old 10-15-2001 | 07:04 PM
Pro

Firstly, get it to some other mechanic. I stilll think it should be obvious whether it was a factory defect or the other mechanic bent the lines. You are letting your anger cloud your thinking. You are guessing about what happened-get some REAL EVIDENCE from the other mechanic. Idon't think anyone on this board or any other board has this problem. I would still guess it's not coincidental that they broke after pulleys were added. I bet it's related.
Slow down and think--anger makes one make mistake especially in money matters.
Old 10-15-2001 | 07:17 PM
Instructor

The more I read the less I want to ever deal with an Acura dealer again. I would be spitting fire if I paid $30k for a car and get ass treatment from them, not to mention the serious problems some are having with their cars. Even if they are right in diagnosis they should treat you in a professional way. I could go on for pages about the incompetency and rudeness of my local Acura dealer. At the end of my buying experience my salesman and 1 service person were fired. Later the used car manager was fired - a real ahole too. The dealer did not do one thing right thru my sale, my warranty and my service. I had to fight for everything they told me in the sale. I have no faith in car dealers anymore. It was a terrible experience and almost turned me off the cars I love and enjoyed for years. If there is a next time I'm taking an audio recorder or maybe even a videocam in there to make them stay honest. Acura cars deserve better sales and PR.
Sorry for your predicament. $30,000 should buy some respect and professionalism. I spent $20k and got even less.
Maybe if sales go down they will treat customers like customers instead of marks. I wish I knew how to help you. Try to go above them to dealer mgmt if you honestly think they are wrong. Take a recorder!
However I did try to go to the used car mgr and just got hung up on the phone.
I blame higher ups in Honda USA and not even the dealers for allowing these type people to run the franchises.
Still bitter about my treatment.
Old 10-15-2001 | 07:28 PM
Drifting

I really don't think it was the shops fault. I cant send a pic and its kinda hard to explain but I really don't think the shop that did the pulleys is the problem. Ill try to explain.

If you are looking at the alternator from the front of the car right below it is 2 aluminum pipes that run the coolant for the AC. There is one close to the alternator that sorta curves from the top left, where it attaches to a black hose, around the alt. and then attaches to the motor or something on the bottom right. Then there is a second hose that comes from the radiator area and makes a 90 degree turn down in front of the first hose and it has this thing that looks like a nut ( I know its not but that's how I can describe it) half way down. There should be about 1" gap between these two. On mine they are touching....the 1st tube is on the nut thing on the 2nd tube.

The first tube would be the one that would had been bent out of the way for the alt. and not the 2nd one, but the 2nd one is the one that is bent and NOT away from the alt. to make more room but towards it. The 1st tube is where it should be (checked on one on the showroom floor) the 2nd tube is bent out towards the alt. instead of straight down. Acura says that the 2 tubes were bent together and that is what made them wear through...but the day I picked up my car from getting the pulleys they showed me that the 2 tubes were touching and had already started to wear through a lot not bent together. The tubs could not have worn through that much sitting in the parking lot if the car shop that did my pulleys. So it had to be there before they did the pulleys there for being a warrantee issue! The tubes are worn from metal on metal it would take some time for them to do that. I even brought it to Acura the day after I got the pulleys on and showed them...they just said that who ever put the pulleys on just bent the tubes and that is why they are like that. He said that they weren't wearing through they were just bent...but they were not just bent! I don't know if that help describe it or if its more confusing.

As for the tranny...how the hell can I burn up the oil after 11K miles and 5-6 months?????????????????? No tracks...no racing...other than the occasional street thing that last up till 60 or 70??????????? Is it even possible to run the car that hard?
Old 10-15-2001 | 07:37 PM
Drifting

I know its coencidental that it happened after I got the pulleys and thats why at first I thought it was the shop but now the more I look at it the more I dont think it was not. The tubes are "worn through" it was like that when I pick up the car from getting the pulleys. I would think it would take a little while to "where through". Right?
Old 10-16-2001 | 08:30 AM
Drifting

does anyone have a # to someone I can call to complain.........?
Old 10-16-2001 | 09:36 AM
Burning Brakes

Acura Client Services staff stand ready to answer questions and address concerns with your U.S. Acura vehicle that could not be resolved by your local dealer. You may contact us several ways:

BY PHONE
Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Standard
time at the toll-free number (800) 382-2238

BY FAX
(310) 783-3535
Old 10-16-2001 | 09:39 AM
Drifting

Hey thanks...Now should I do this after I meet with the regional service manager tomorrow or before??
Old 10-16-2001 | 09:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by NOLACLS
Hey thanks...Now should I do this after I meet with the regional service manager tomorrow or before??
i would suggest going to the regional mgr first. try to resolve things as locally as possible....then start movin up the ladder if that doesn't work. and be polite. i know and understand that your pissed...but control the anger. be assertive....not aggressive. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 10-16-2001 | 09:47 AM
Drifting

Thanks!
Old 10-16-2001 | 10:22 AM
Pro

Nolacls- Try to stay cool- particularly when you speak to the distric rep. If your tranny fluid needs flushing at around 11k miles- present your case in a nice way- they know that some of the trannys have had problems and if you are resonable saying that you agree to let them try flushing it before they have to replace it, and are willing to work with them- you might get help. As for the A/C lines- we have installed many sets of pulleys here and it is a pain to get to the alt. It is quite poss that the installing shop may have bent them by accident. We have not seen any of them bent from the factory- anything is possible. I feel the shop whould have shown them to you as soon as they discovered them- not after the job was done. My opinion, given what you have said is that Acura should take care of the trans in the name of customer goodwill and the aftermarket shop should take at least some responsibility for the lines- maybe offer to pay half or more. Again- just my opinion!

If it works out- let me know. I could sure go for some Oysters at the Acme Bar and Daquiri or 2
Old 10-16-2001 | 10:38 AM
Drifting

Hey wayneg,

Thanks. I am planing on keeping cool. So should I pay for the tranny flush and then if it goes out again I get my $$ back and they change the tranny???? Do you know if the other trannys that went out had burned up fluid as well????? They want me to pay for it and they said they have not herd of any tranny problems. They say its from the engin being run too hard. I dont do anything out of the ordanary to it. I floor it some times just like every one here and every other car owner. I have never been to a track and raced over and over. I also dont have a ton of mods...just intake and pulleys.

As for the ac lines I just dont know. The line that is bent and not in the right spot is not one they should have fooled with...and its bent out twords the alt. not away from it. I thought that maybe they might could have bent the 2 lines out the way to do the alt. and then bent them back...BUT my problem is when I went to get the car they showed me the 2 lines and the lines were touching and you could see where they have WORN through not been bent around. If it was just a bend problem they could have just bent them a little more from eachother and not told me anything and there would not be a problem. I feel that the lines were touching for a while because the have actualy worn through eachother and have been that way for a while.

Hey when ever you want to come down here we can go drink and eat whatever you want. Good stuff here!!

Thanks
Old 10-16-2001 | 11:14 AM
Pro

NOLA- You may suggest that tranny idea to the Rep if he seems like he doesn't want to help- my guess is as long as your car doesn't look like its beat- that he should help. You should also discuss the ac lines with him- show him what you are talking about and see what happens- good luck! As far as the dealer saying thay haven't had any tranny problems- tell him to check with Customer Service or he can call me- I'd be gald to fill him in on what we have seen up here in the NYC area!
Old 10-16-2001 | 11:16 AM
Drifting

hey thanks a bunch!!! Do you know if the trannys that went out had burned up fluid as well???
Old 10-16-2001 | 11:33 AM
Pro

Burned fluid is usually one of the first signs of something wrong in the trans- it is overheating for some reason be it slipping or not working right for some reason- lots of trips down the track will do it too as well as power braking. I have seen this in cars owned by people who I know baby their cars so its not just caused by abuse. My opinion is they should give you the benefit of the doubt- in the name of Customer Satisfaction- unfortunately, not everone feels the same way I do. Each case should be taken individually.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 10-16-2001 | 11:37 AM
Drifting

Thanks for the insight!!! I dont baby it...but I DONT rag it eather. I drive it like someone who just bought a 30K car that its clam to fame its 260 HP!! I like a lil pep...I do floor it from time to time....but I never just rag it! Thanks for the .02 wayneg! You need to move to NOLA and work at the acura here and then you can get all the oyster you can handel...hell Ill bring them to you every friday w/ a large daq. if I didnt have to deal with this crap.
Old 10-16-2001 | 11:41 AM
fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

hey NOLACLS,

I GOT A TRANNY COOLER AND IT IS HELPING OUT ALOT KEEPING THE TRANNY COOLER. YOU CAN GET THEM AT ANY PEPBOYS OR ANY AUTO STORE LIKE THAT.
Old 10-16-2001 | 11:45 AM
Drifting

I dont want to have to buy something to keep someting from breaking...that should not be breaking in the first place.
Old 10-16-2001 | 12:10 PM
fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

THAT IS VERY TRUE