Can someone please tell me what is the big deal about the NSX???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 11:38 AM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by superdx

Oookay, I guess since it's not your money, you don't have to think twice before dropping tens of thousands of dollars on a brand new car Gimme a break, 5 minutes?
Actually I put as just enough thought into my car when I bought it as the rest of you. I looked 4-5 times at a CL (not test driving), 3 times at a BMW 330CI, and once at the MB320. I figured that the Cl was the best quality, performance, and fit for ME. And your right, its not MY MONEY. My father has worked his ass off for 35 years and never had a car till he was 24 and he never wanted me to be like that. Am I thankful and feel lucky everyday for the oppourtunities I have been given??? FUCK YES. Do I go around and talk about it like I am some wild one-sided asshole??? No. My main argument has and will always be that I just dont see, after sitting in a 911 Carrera, (itself a 90,000 price car, mid-rear engine, import, exotic, whatever you wanna say) the NSX just didnt seem it had the quality that the 911 did. Sorry if I feel this way but it seems like alot of people are somewhat agreeing about the price being to high.

BTW, I am old enough to know that there is such thing as inflation. Accords were not always 25,000 as they are now. NSX's were 40,000 when they came out. Porsches were substantially less. Look at houses and land gentlemen, it happens.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:00 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your opinion is meaningless. You didn't even buy your own car, and you're talking shit about an NSX? Thank your lucky stars your parents were nice enough to buy you a CL-S.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Burn some dust here

Your opinion is meaningless. You didn't even buy your own car, and you're talking shit about an NSX? Thank your lucky stars your parents were nice enough to buy you a CL-S.
Excuse me but how does the fact that I didnt buy my own car come into this??? So let me get this straight, since I didnt buy my own car I have NO OPINION WHATSOEVER on any car in the world?? You know, that makes so much sense to me its ridiculous. And how do you come about it as my opinion as meaningless?? It seems that there are some people on here that think my high price opinion of the NSX ISNT MEANINGLESS. Next time, if youre gonna try to rip on someone, get a better fucking argument than I DIDNT BUY IT MYSELF.

BTW, not a day has gone bye in the past 2 months were I havent felt like the luckiest kid in the world because of this car and never will feel different.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:11 PM
I love my CL-S

saying nsx CANNOT beat the big boys is meaningless too
Old 04-02-2002, 12:30 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by cob3683

Excuse me but how does the fact that I didnt buy my own car come into this??? So let me get this straight, since I didnt buy my own car I have NO OPINION WHATSOEVER on any car in the world?? You know, that makes so much sense to me its ridiculous. And how do you come about it as my opinion as meaningless?? It seems that there are some people on here that think my high price opinion of the NSX ISNT MEANINGLESS. Next time, if youre gonna try to rip on someone, get a better fucking argument than I DIDNT BUY IT MYSELF.

BTW, not a day has gone bye in the past 2 months were I havent felt like the luckiest kid in the world because of this car and never will feel different.
You don't have an argument. You have an opinion, and like yourself, I'm saying it means zilch.
Old 04-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Burn some dust here

You don't have an argument. You have an opinion, and like yourself, I'm saying it means zilch.
You didnt answer my question?
Old 04-02-2002, 12:50 PM
Team Owner

You guys better watch it, cob3683’s daddy might give him an NSX when he turns 20 next year.
I’m guessing by then it will have become the GREATEST CAR IN THE WORLD.

This THREAD needs a well placed bullet in the head.

Shawn S
Old 04-02-2002, 12:57 PM
Burn some dust here

Originally posted by Shawn S
You guys better watch it, cob3683’s daddy might give him an NSX when he turns 20 next year.
I’m guessing by then it will have become the GREATEST CAR IN THE WORLD.

This THREAD needs a well placed bullet in the head.

Shawn S
Thats real cute Shawn. But no thanks, there is no such thing as the greatest car in the world. All cars have their problems. It seems like all of yall cant argue my opinion but rather attack my age. If your fathers would have offered you a CLS (if they were available) back when you were 19, are you telling me you would turn it down???
BTW, if you want to attack my age, go ahead. That truly shows your intelligence to everyone.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:09 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MikeS 18

drive up here and I'll beat the crap out of you with my cane you little shit@!
Hey, they give senior citizen discounts on greyhound you know so you can save your self the driving
Old 04-02-2002, 01:15 PM
Team Owner

BTW, if you want to attack my age, go ahead. That truly shows your intelligence to everyone.
Hey, man.
I’m not pulling the AGE card on you.
I just find it funny (along with others I see) that you can be so critical of an EXOTIC car (there I said it) when you only have THREE years of driving experience.

I’ve driven an NSX myself in the past and have been close to buying a used one TWICE.

Yes, they are overpriced when new, but a lot of that has to do with import duties.
If it cost 50,000 like a loaded Corvette, GM would probably have a fit.

Shawn S
Old 04-02-2002, 01:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Shawn S

I’ve driven an NSX myself in the past and have been close to buying a used one TWICE.

until they change the engine why would you buy a new one?

You can get pretty much the same car for $30-40k less... Minus the new interior... Which actually I think is a big improvement, but not $30-40k worth.

(used as in a 95,96)
Old 04-02-2002, 01:25 PM
Banned

Cob....all anyone is saying here is that what you are saying is an opinion...you are acting your age by not understanding that the intangibles of owning a NSX are. Hell why would anyone buy a Ferrari? You can buy a Vette with similar performance as you say, but fit and finish play a large part in the cost...not to mention exclusitivity....and the looks you get when you drive by...which happens in the NSX more than you would think....since it is actually more rare than a Porsche or M3 or Vette in these parts. All of the BMWs(not Z8), Porsches, vettes and anything else under 80K are pretty much cars that are all mass-produced...chassis-wise at the very least. The NSX is probably one of the cheapest hand built EXOTICs out there right now. Sidenote: Honda loses money on each NSX they sell.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:26 PM
Burn some dust here

One day I wish someone would truly explain to me the concept of knowing exotic cars on a short driving experience. As I have said before, any fool can tell the quality of the car. Its quite easy to. I said I didnt believe the NSX to be currently because myself, I see them almost everyday. I have said its a good car, just not in my batch. The new one definitely. I will never justify the price though of this current one. If Acura has never changed the car in 12 years, (except for this years cosmetic changes or if they had any major work, sorry, I didnt know then) I dont justify a car that as some of you stated was 40,000 then went to 90,000 and has stayed the same. I talked about the inflation earlier, but from what I have read is that no other car inflated this much. Honestly if the car was 70,000, you wouldnt hear a noise from my side.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:30 PM
Burn some dust here

Originally posted by moomaster_99
Cob....all anyone is saying here is that what you are saying is an opinion...you are acting your age by not understanding that the intangibles of owning a NSX are. Hell why would anyone buy a Ferrari? You can buy a Vette with similar performance as you say, but fit and finish play a large part in the cost...not to mention exclusitivity....and the looks you get when you drive by...which happens in the NSX more than you would think....since it is actually more rare than a Porsche or M3 or Vette in these parts. All of the BMWs(not Z8), Porsches, vettes and anything else under 80K are pretty much cars that are all mass-produced...chassis-wise at the very least. The NSX is probably one of the cheapest hand built EXOTICs out there right now. Sidenote: Honda loses money on each NSX they sell.
You buy a Ferrari because of the name and heritage of the company. The new as I keep stating is a good one, but I will be very interested to see Hondas first V8.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:31 PM
Banned

You buy a Ferrari because of the name and heritage of the company. The new as I keep stating is a good one, but I will be very interested to see Hondas first V8.
So what Honda's race heritage is Chopped Liver?
Old 04-02-2002, 01:42 PM
Burn some dust here

Originally posted by moomaster_99
So what Honda's race heritage is Chopped Liver?
I didnt say that. Honda's is very good, and rightfully so. I know that alot of their racing goes into the NSX, which goes into our CL's. What I meant though about it is that Ferrari has been around longer, some people believe that is the finest, which I also believe. True, the Ferrari 355 that I drove was 70,000 more than an NSX, but you notice the interior quality. I dont see the interior quality in the NSX over a Porsche.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:59 PM

I cannot believe this thread is 10 pages long!

If you know sh!t about sh!t you can tell some quality things in 5 minutes.

Panel gaps.
Can you fit your fingernail between stuff.
How the door sounds slammed shut
feel of the leather
thread patterns
carpet
the plastic on the dashboard

THe trained eye can tell in 5 minutes.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:04 PM
Advanced

I'm attacking your age, cob3683, because your posts reflect your own immaturity, bias and general stupidity.

And you're still wrong about the NSX.
Old 04-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Burn some dust here

I'm attacking your age, cob3683, because your posts reflect your own immaturity, bias and general stupidity.

Im all ears. Care to enlighten me with your own, extensive experiences with this subject?
Old 04-02-2002, 02:09 PM
Burn some dust here

Also, its called an OPINION. Were very lucky to have one. I voiced mine and it seems all you can do is say that I am stupid and biased. well what does this statement say then, that your biased toward the NSX? "And you're still wrong about the NSX"
Old 04-02-2002, 03:16 PM
I love my CL-S

shut up yo NSX IS DA BEST
Old 04-02-2002, 03:57 PM
CLS SUCKS

I have been reading this topic for the past hour now and I believe the young man brings up some good points. However, I do not agree totally with him. The NSX I own now is very nice, especially after aftermarket parts I put into it. Having said that, its still nowhere near in the ballpark of my Turbo. I agree that the NSX is overpriced, but guys, I drive them both everyday of my life, the NSX doesnt compare to a Turbo. Kid brings a good point to the table but the fact is, the car sells. Cant argue that.
Lastly, IT IS AN EXOTIC, IT IS A GREAT CAR, AND IT HANDLES EXTREMELY WELL. The only two flaws that I see are the interior lacks a certain power to it to really set the car off and that the price is relatively high.
Old 04-03-2002, 01:26 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS
shut up yo NSX IS DA BEST
haha, couldn't have said it better!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 03:21 AM
Suzuka Master

well, this thread is going nowhere in a hurry.

perhaps further reading and enlightenment at
www.nsxsc.com will do the trick

Being that this is a Honda board at heart, you'll do no better
than stir up arguments against your opinion.

But to each, his own.