Bye Bye Tranny!!! Woohoo!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 11:00 AM
hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bye Bye Tranny!!! Woohoo!!!

The motherfucker is GONE! 29,698 miles, DOM 02/00. Sixth in line at MY dealer with a MINIMUM one month wait. Could go three to four, who the fuck knows...

Wake up people! This car is a PIECE OF SHIT (<--Actual terminolgy used by dealership) and yours could be next! Oh, and Mr Deeno, you can keep your head in the sand.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:06 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 641 Likes on 283 Posts
I had the earliest produced CL on this board...I put on 40,000miles and had no problems with it...
therefore these cars aren't shit,,maybe yours was, but mine was not...
Old 10-23-2001, 11:14 AM
Learn to swim.

Originally posted by Astroboy
I had the earliest produced CL on this board...I put on 40,000miles and had no problems with it...
I second this. I now stand at 32,000 mi. -no problems, anywhere. Speak for yourself.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:17 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, there is something that is wrong with the tranny! It can't be denied now. 6 people at this guys dealership and lord knows how many others. I'm not saying the car sux but something really needs to be done about it.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:20 AM
fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

I HAD TWO TRANNYS BLOW ON ME WITH JUST BOLT-ON'S ON THEM. I'M ON MY THIRD TRANNY AND I SAID FUCK IT AND PUT NOS ON IT. IF IT'S GOING TO BLOW THIS TIME IT'S GOING TO BE UNDER MY TERMS.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:55 AM
Rod
Drifting

Sixth in line at one dealer, that's crazy. This is getting ridiculous already.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:55 AM
Drifting

So much for the early versions are OK (DOM on droideka 2/00),
and early mileage failures (29,698). I'm now at just over 40,000 and geting nervous.
Old 10-23-2001, 12:17 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Over 37,000 miles. Drive over 200 miles M,T,W and the 187th production car and NO "Major" problems. I'm still nervous.....
Old 10-23-2001, 12:28 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Astroboy
I'm at 46,500. No problems yet. Maybe I,m just lucky.
Old 10-23-2001, 12:44 PM
Drifting

I dont then the car is a POS. Acura took the tranny from the 2000 TL wich have not had problems..right and put it in the CL-P and the CL-S. The CL-P or the TL-p have not had problems right. I just think they cant take the added HP from the S and acura porbaly thought it would. So now they are seeing that and I guess they are fixing that problem. I dont think its a POS its just not enough for the add HP. Just my 2 cents
Old 10-23-2001, 01:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

DOM 02/00, #1681, 27k miles and my car is as good as new.

and I'm NOT nervous!!!

It's amazing how people's attitudes change when they buy the wrong car.....
Old 10-23-2001, 01:40 PM
Drifting

I think you are right. Some people might be using the tranny as an excuse to get a new car. But having transmission problems isnt exactly a burnt bulb either. Im thinking longterm here. I have 16k miles on my car right now. What would happen if the tranny went out at 60k miles? Im screwed. And what would happen if my tranny went out right now. I get a new tranny, and it goes out again after warranty is up. Theres no doubt in my mind that I will get extended warranty on this car. And if people didnt have any tranny problems, I would consider not to get it.
Originally posted by GoldTypeS
DOM 02/00, #1681, 27k miles and my car is as good as new.

and I'm NOT nervous!!!

It's amazing how people's attitudes change when they buy the wrong car.....
Old 10-23-2001, 01:43 PM
Drifting

Same here I want to keep the car and I am thinking about the longer warentee. can you add that on when ever you want or is there a time limit to it?
Old 10-23-2001, 01:59 PM
Intermediate

Now I'm getting nervous. I'm going out in the parking lot to see what my DOM is.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:01 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by NOLACLS
Same here I want to keep the car and I am thinking about the longer warentee. can you add that on when ever you want or is there a time limit to it?
Whenever. Last I heard was around 1,2xx.00 for 100,000 from
dealers. As they are making money on it, talk to several (i.e. you don't have to get it from the local dealer..
Old 10-23-2001, 02:04 PM
Drifting

thanks I will probably wait till my lease is up and then i will buy and get the 100K.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:15 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I just made an appointment to have my tarnny looked at on Friday...I dunno if it is paranoia, but it doesn't feel right... (The car sometime jitters from 2nd to 3rd)...

I don't know about the U.S, but Canadian CL's have a 6year/100,000KM Powertrain warrenty (covering engine and tranny)

Also, to those who say this car is a POS...think again..... Beemers have problems, Benzes are full of them, even $1/4million cars like the bently have lots of hazerdous recalls...

It would cost Acura MILLIONS to recall the tranny and therefore they are dealing with it on a case by case basis. I don't hear about any dealers giving flack to owners about changing the tranny, it is just a matter of the parts being backorderd..

And also...if your dealer says that car is a POS, why the fuck did they sell it to you in the first place....you should stick the car up their ass...

Old 10-23-2001, 02:41 PM
Banned

I am not worried at all. You people should have something better to do than worry about shit you can't control.

droideka - sorry/glad to hear that your car finally croaked. this way you don't have to put up with it anymore.

BTW- I can't believe someone at DMD called the car a POS. Who was it that said that? I will have to talk to Mr. Werstromm about that when I go in for my oil change in 2 weeks.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:42 PM
foe
Racer

Another one bites the dust.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:46 PM
hater

My car is a POS

Originally posted by ruvz
And also...if your dealer says that car is a POS, why the fuck did they sell it to you in the first place....you should stick the car up their ass...

The service department didn't sell me the car, that was the sales department. They are as angry as I am seeing as how they have had to order at least one tranny a week for the last month. My car is a HUGE POS! Nothing but trouble. Two acutators, electrical problems, rotors machined twice (pads replaced on MY dime) and now the tranny.

I called Acura Client Services this morning to start a case file. Suprisingly, the gentleman I spoke to was VERY knowledgeable and was familiar with all of my problems (actuator, rotors, tranny) and concerned with my level of understandable disgust. I explained how I was leasing my vehicle and wasn't about to pay $550 a month to drive some POS Galant that smells like cat piss for 30-60 days. He agreed with my assessment and promised to elevate my case to the top in order in win back some of my confidence in the Acura product offering.
Old 10-23-2001, 03:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
From my understanding, if you want to purchase an extended warranty for your car, you have to do so with at least 1,000 miles and time left on your original warranty. If you let your original warranty expire, you cannot buy an extended warranty. At least this is how it was with a couple of my other new vehicles.

-Ash
Old 10-23-2001, 03:36 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
The dealership/Service Monkey who quoted "Those Cl's are a piece of shit, SHOULD BE REPORTED AND FIRED ! What a moron !
Old 10-23-2001, 03:41 PM
hater

Originally posted by Fabvsix
The dealership/Service Monkey who quoted "Those Cl's are a piece of shit, SHOULD BE REPORTED AND FIRED ! What a moron !
It was David McDavid himself, the owner of the McDavid family of dealerships. He's thinking of dropping the Acura line altogether.
Old 10-23-2001, 03:41 PM
Z
Racer

A MUST READ!!!!!

mine just went out.... the dealer told me two weeks, but after reading what you guys have to say i think it may be some time before i see my ride again what about making a formal complaint to honda with the name of everyone who has had a transmission problem? They have to do somthing about it . I think i even read a reply where someone said that they are on their third or forth tranny.
Old 10-23-2001, 04:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Umm where has everyone been??

Originally posted by CO-CL-S
So much for the early versions are OK (DOM on droideka 2/00),
and early mileage failures (29,698). I'm now at just over 40,000 and geting nervous.
My DOM was 3/00 and my transmission went out at 26k, but according to the dealer 'Due to Abuse'. yeah WTF ever. I don't care, just got my car with the replaced transmission and hopefully it will be driveable up to 100k.

I don't know what the problem is, but I do still love my car so very much. Just won't be adding any additional horsepower/torque jaw dropping performance mods to her anymore.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:06 PM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by spiroh
I think you are right. Some people might be using the tranny as an excuse to get a new car. But having transmission problems isnt exactly a burnt bulb either. Im thinking longterm here. I have 16k miles on my car right now. What would happen if the tranny went out at 60k miles? Im screwed. And what would happen if my tranny went out right now. I get a new tranny, and it goes out again after warranty is up. Theres no doubt in my mind that I will get extended warranty on this car. And if people didnt have any tranny problems, I would consider not to get it.
I'm not using the tranny issue as an excuse to get a new car. If it wasn't for the tranny and rotor issues, I'd really have no problems whatsoever with the car. I can't think of any other car within my price range that I'd like to have, other than a TL-S maybe, that's why I went the CL-S in the first place. I'm also thinking long-term like you, but don't think an extended warranty will do. I don't want to have to be going in for unexpected tranny failures every 15-20K miles, even if they're under warranty. I want a reliable car, which is also why I went with Honda/Acura, who would've known? Having to worry about your car's tranny taking a shit every couple thousand miles doesn't seem reliable to me. Also, I know that the tranny is a safety hazard since I had to drive with a screwed tranny to my dealer, but nothing's been done about it yet since no one has been hurt. That's what it takes to get something done, people need to get hurt, maybe even die. Sad to say, but true. So I'd rather get a new car than an extended warranty that will just cover the tranny replacement costs, but won't reimburse you for the headaches you're going to have to go through, the time you're going to waste, and maybe even more serious problems. I haven't changed my car because I'm not really in the position to take the financial loss and really don't see any other car worth trading for yet.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:08 PM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by droideka

It was David McDavid himself, the owner of the McDavid family of dealerships. He's thinking of dropping the Acura line altogether.
Well...too bad.. He should be nailed and sued by Acura (and I REALLY HOPE they read this board)... That con artist shouldn't be selling products he doesn't believe in....but that's car dealers for you. They all rave about a car when you walk into a showroom and call it a POS when you're about to trade it in...
Old 10-23-2001, 10:32 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe he can exchange for one of those really reliable Chevy dealerships.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:10 PM
I love my CL-S

Mine is just fine..no problems at all...i know ur car is a pos..but fucker no need to call all the cl-s pos

gan ni mama
Old 10-23-2001, 11:25 PM
hater

Originally posted by ruvz

Well...too bad.. He should be nailed and sued by Acura (and I REALLY HOPE they read this board)... That con artist shouldn't be selling products he doesn't believe in....but that's car dealers for you. They all rave about a car when you walk into a showroom and call it a POS when you're about to trade it in...
I guess you guys can't take a joke. Do you honestly believe the owner of the dealership would say such a thing. I made that shit up. Nobody called the CL-S a POS except for myself and several other owners and ex-owners here.

Leave McDavid alone. They're good people and doing all they can to accomodate a VERY ANGRY FUCKING CUSTOMER who just wanted to make it through two, lousy fucking years of his lease.
Old 10-23-2001, 11:28 PM
hater

Originally posted by WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS
Mine is just fine..no problems at all...i know ur car is a pos..but fucker no need to call all the cl-s pos

gan ni mama
I call 'em how I see 'em. time bomb. tick, tick, tick.

won hung lo
Old 10-23-2001, 11:34 PM
TRELOS

WTF!!!!!!!!

How the hell did u guys get over 30k without a single tranny replacement? Does ur grandmother dirve the thing 99.9% of the time? Mine just went out today, had all the lights going crazy on my guage. And now I'm stuck in second. I blew mine out at 19,200. How the hell did u get sooooooo many miles out of ur factory tranny?

TRELOS
Old 10-23-2001, 11:52 PM
TRELOS

WTF!!!!!!!!

How the hell did u guys get over 30k without a single tranny replacement? Does ur grandmother dirve the thing 99.9% of the time? Mine just went out today, had all the lights going crazy on my guage. And now I'm stuck in second. I blew mine out at 19,200. How the hell did u get sooooooo many miles out of ur factory tranny?

TRELOS
Old 10-24-2001, 12:07 AM
Instructor

I've got 27,000 miles on my "S" with mods: including Level 10 torque converter. I'm still on my first trans its holding up, for now.
I beat the living $hit out of it everyday!

I have the lucky number 000151
:sqnteek:
Old 10-24-2001, 02:19 AM
Instructor

I call 'em how I see 'em. time bomb. tick, tick, tick.

won hung lo
droideka, be aware that ur not a lone in tranny issues. While it seems like the general CL-S population here likes to ignore the Accord v6 past tranny failures, it is now happening to you guys in full force,.We have started our own thread to tally the tranny failures. Unlike these guys, we're actually taking it seriously and consider a true problem that Honda/Acura should've looked at a long time ago, considering that people have been having problems since 98, when the Accord v6 first came out, as well as 1st Gen CL'ers that have not only the j30a1 engine, but the same 4 speed auto tranny. Need I remind that not only is ur 2nd Gen frame based on our car, ur engine block, as well as the head, and most assuredly, the tranny, share the same designs as well.

So if you want any backup on this, feel free to contact any of the people at accordv6.com that have posted under the tranny problems thread on the front of the homepage. While we haven't been taken seriously since these guys like to think of their cars as "Acuras", it is now more apparent than ever, that Acura is truly Honda, even with things failing.
Old 10-24-2001, 05:56 AM
- daemonichris -

Re: WTF!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Juker008

TRELOS
that was exactly what happened to my car! except i have 32,000 some miles on it...

and no i do not drive like a grandma... i actually beat the shit outta my car almost everyday... and it was fine until then
Old 10-24-2001, 06:53 AM
Cruisin'

it sucks

2001 tl-p
blown tranny at 17,500
still waitin and no word from the dealership
except that they havent gotten any
word from the acura factory

to all the people that say they havent had a problem
if you were in our positions...id have to ask what you would do?

i think acura and its cars are not a p.o.s.
i love my tl
been missing it since 2 weeks ago,
feels like its been a month!
i walk outside im like wheres my car?
then reality hits
damn

just know if the tranny was replaced carefully then im sure no complaints

but what im worried bout and im sure some also worry bout the tranny issue
will it shift and work like the way it used to?
i dont want to drive a car that shifts harshly that looks like im driving a manual! i want that smooth feeling that it should of had from the start.
and also once that tranny is opened up its gonna need to be opened up over and over again! either replacing or rebuilding it.
oh well
Old 10-24-2001, 07:00 AM
Cruisin'

o and also one more thing!

resale value?
Old 10-24-2001, 10:54 AM
Rod
Drifting

-=SoCalV6=- ,

Keep us updated on any findings from Accord owners. We all know Honda and Acura are the same thing. It just sucks that Honda has known about the tranny issue for a couple years and hasn't really done shit about it. Instead of finding a solution to the problem, they just add an extra gear to and throw it in a car with more HP. I really think the problem is that the tranny can't handle the HP it was intended to, so of course, Honda will never want to admit this, since it will be very costly to them.