Brakes and bad experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 03:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nismo
I would call your creditcard company and refuse payment, tell them you did give them ur information but you did not authorize an amount of purchase. That'll teach them.

Worse case scenario the creditcard company will contact the store, ask them for a copy of the original transaction slip to be submitted to them, then it gets forwarded to you, and if your signature is not on it, then you denie payment and they don't get a pennie, and nothing happens to you.

I'd do it that way.

He does not have to do all that....IF paid by CC = No goods, refuse CHARGE, and make a complaint about merchant
Old 01-25-2005, 06:24 AM
Team Owner

I think all “Certified Vendors” should be required to spend a certain amount of time online here to address issues like this in a timely fashion.
I bought my Headers from Dean quite some time ago and the transaction went smoothly.
It looks like times have changed though.

This may be a manufacturer issue, but the vendor should certainly keep you in the loop if there are justifiable delays.
I don’t mind waiting for stuff if I know up front what the approximate time will be and they don’t play games with contacting me.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
A while back when I was investigating head gaskets, either dean or jason had a custom set they had made for our block. He sent them to me with no questions asked so I could look at them. They weren't what I needed so I sent them back. I thought that was way cool to trust a newbie like that with such an expensive item. I think their OK, maybe just some growing pains in their company, and maybe if their reading this thread, they'll learn from it and handle each order as expeditiously as possible.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
I don't think that is necessary - you should have multiple documentated cases of neglect or intentional malpractice before that is required!

I am basically stating that I will speak with him and see if he is even still interested in being a vendor anymore... Alot of vendors will be gone if payment is not made by Feb. 1 2005..

so keep that in mind if you guys are planning on buying parts soon.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK....where to start...

After reading through this thread, I can understand why some of you are upset at me and/or Speed Distributors.

Let me clear this up for everyone----

I do this part-time, because I love this market, for my friends that own the business--Jason and AJ. There have been some hard times in the PAST delivering product that was definately Speed's fault, but all of this was rectified in June of last year. Since then, we have been able to deliver product ASAP--when the manufacturers have it available to ship out.

Ram--your order was placed with us and we have faxed it to Lane at Rotora no less than 5 TIMES. Everytime we call him for an update on where the order is, we get "what order?" so we have to fax it again, and again etc. Then, once he actually states he has the order, he tells us that he does not have the rotors and they will be in "in the next couple of days." We have gone back and forth with them on your order and another customers order to no avail. We are very sorry that we were unable to deliver your brakes to you in a timely manner, but we have credited your card back at your request. The reason I asked for your CC info again is because we no longer keep them on file for security purposes once the order has been charged.

Thank you for your time,

Dean Baty
Old 01-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Meat stick

Received 229 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by DeansblackCLS
OK....where to start...

After reading through this thread, I can understand why some of you are upset at me and/or Speed Distributors.

I do this part-time, because I love this market, for my friends that own the business--Jason and AJ. There have been some hard times in the PAST delivering product that was definately Speed's fault, but all of this was rectified in June of last year. Since then, we have been able to deliver product ASAP--when the manufacturers have it available to ship out.

Ram--your order was placed with us and we have faxed it to Lane at Rotora no less than 5 TIMES. Everytime we call him for an update on where the order is, we get "what order?" so we have to fax it again, and again etc. Then, once he actually states he has the order, he tells us that he does not have the rotors and they will be in "in the next couple of days." We have gone back and forth with them on your order and another customers order to no avail. We are very sorry that we were unable to deliver your brakes to you in a timely manner, but we have credited your card back at your request. The reason I asked for your CC info again is because we no longer keep them on file for security purposes once the order has been charged.

Thank you for your time,

Dean Baty

I think this is all Ram wanted to know. It seems that it was more of a loss of communication between yourself and Ram than any true deceit, and that may need to be looked at in future transactions.
Thanks for the explanation, Dean. (and make sure to make your AZ payment so we can keep buying from you)
Old 01-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DeansblackCLS
OK....where to start...

Thank you for your time,

Dean Baty
Thanks Dean. As all my posts state... this is not intended to slam you or Speed Distributors. However, I did have to point out certain difficulties in getting the product I ordered for whatever reason.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Suzuka Master

.. everyone is happy...

Nice talking to you on the phone Dean and please check your PM box and reply to let me know, Feb 1st is approaching fairly quickly..
Old 01-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
I ordered my HBP from Speed Distributors with only a slight delay. I am a satisfied customer.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:30 PM
///M POWER

Originally Posted by Smitty
.. everyone is happy...

Nice talking to you on the phone Dean and please check your PM box and reply to let me know, Feb 1st is approaching fairly quickly..

get ready to call the collection agency
Old 01-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Originally Posted by darrinb
get ready to call the collection agency

I feel ya darrin.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Smitty
hmmm.... guess I need to give Dean a call tomorrow..

time to get rid of some vendors.......:smitler:
Smitty don't crush the small guys like me. I want to stay on.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I've never dealt with Dean or Speed Distributors, but I have bought from blxmjx and Excelerate.

Can't say anything but good things about them. They were always there to answer questions, followed up as they promised, and the products were delivered promptly. Prices were amazing, too!!

Sucks that you had to go through all the trouble, Ram. I've had a pretty bad problem with TireRack.com before, and my car was sitting crooked for 2-3 weeks until they finally acknowledged the problem and resolved the situation. So I know exactly how you feel. At least it worked out somewhat in the end.

Good luck with the new rotors and pads, and don't forget to let us know how they perform! My next mod will be brakes. I'm excited.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Safety Car

Just an update:

Dean promised I'll see the credit by yesterday, no such luck! It's been 12 days (7 business days) since I was promised the refund...
Old 02-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Old 02-01-2005, 11:28 AM
Safety Car

I just had a chat with the owner of Speed Distributors and he will send me the pertinent information regarding the refund. While I am sympathetic to their situation (which I won't elaborate on), they are definately sorting some stuff out at this time.

They were kind enough to offer a set of rear rotors for free, but I don't want to do that as I don't feel comfortable with that; hence I have offered to pay a mutually agreed amount.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Burning Brakes

I bought my HBP and another part from Dean/SpeedDist and had no problems. Sorry to hear about the bad experience though...
Old 02-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Blown LS6!!

Originally Posted by Red-CL

My order was taken over the phone and my card was charged immediately (which was not a problem). I was told I would be emailed the tracking number within by the next day. I never recieved it. I emailed and called but to no avail. I finally went over Deans head about a week later. When I contacted velocity resources turns out the never had a record of me or any transaction that was made. :angryfire

They contacted Dean and turns out he forgot to place the order but didn't forget to charge me for it.

Regardless of the deal, I would never deal with him again.

It took me 3 months to get my Koni Yellows.

The exact same thing happened to me when I ordered my HBP thru them. My credit card was charged immediately. I waited 2 weeks or so and still hadn't received my HBP. When I called, they had no record of my order. I had to fax them my credit card receipt TWICE before they acknowledged the transaction and finally sent me my pulley. They were nice enough to overnight it at least.