Brakes and bad experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brakes and bad experience

Well, I have put off writing this post for a long time for several reasons, but now I am compelled to write about this.

I ordered a set of Rotors and pads from Dean (Velocity Resources / Speed Distributors) and paid for them about two months ago (might be more, I forget now). Anyways, I was told the shipments were late etc., etc. I called often and was given the: "I'll find out and call you back". After a few of those, I asked them to read back the phone # they have for me... and obviously it was not the correct one - since I have given my #'s several times... and there are not too many of their customers in the 805 area code! Dean replied my e-mails most of the time but obviously I still don't have my brakes!

I sent an e-mail last week asking them to send me a tracking # by Friday or refund my money. Neither happened. I then e-mailed Dean to have my money refunded by today (Sunday)... credit-card machines work over the weekend, so that should not have been a problem. Well... guess what... nothing!

I have been VERY patient, but this is really pissing me off. If its a supplier issue, then keep me in the loop. INFORM me so that I could make alternative decisions. Now, when I want my money refunded, that's not happening as well. What kind customer service is that?!?

I have not mentioned anything in this forum or elsewhere mostly as a courtesy and decency. Obviously that courtesy and decency is not reciprocated... hence I cannot offer that anymore.

There are several options for me going forward... I really hate to do any of them, but might be forced to do so.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Safety Car

And to add insult to injury... the reason I am buying rotors is because my brakes are in BAD shape and I really need to replace them immediateley!!
Old 01-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Meat stick

Received 229 Likes on 97 Posts
That sucks ...Dean is a vendor, correct? Perhaps Soopa and Astro need to look into changing that....If he cannot treat someone like allmotor (and any A-CL member) well, he should not be allowed to sell here anymore.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Safety Car

I really don't know what Dean's position is with Velocity Resources/ Speed Distributors. I have bought stuff from him before without any problems. It is possible its the people HE has to deal with, so unfairly blaming him is not correct either.

The thing that drove me over the edge is that given that for some reason the brakes will never ship... at least refund my money!?! Last monday if they were sure the brakes would not ship, why not issue the refund...? If I am a unhappy customer who is willing to forgo the product and get a refund, isn't that a easy way to get themselves off the hook. Bizarre!
Old 01-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i bought my rotors from blxmjx (Street Racing Image, a vendor here) and recieved them within 10 days. great people to deal with... i would say go with them.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Meat stick

Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
I really don't know what Dean's position is with Velocity Resources/ Speed Distributors. I have bought stuff from him before without any problems. It is possible its the people HE has to deal with, so unfairly blaming him is not correct either.

The thing that drove me over the edge is that given that for some reason the brakes will never ship... at least refund my money!?! Last monday if they were sure the brakes would not ship, why not issue the refund...? If I am a unhappy customer who is willing to forgo the product and get a refund, isn't that a easy way to get themselves off the hook. Bizarre!
That is what I found odd as well....and whatever Dean's position is, HE is ultimately responsible for this crap. He is either attempting to pull a fast one (he or his company), or something is wrogn with the business. Whatever the problem, it is a harbringer of company-wide problems that no other members should be exposed to.

I say you tell tehm to refund, or you go to small claims court....and in the meantime, get some rotors and pads on...you need a way to stop that car!!
Old 01-23-2005, 09:46 PM
Advanced

To get jerked around for two months is bullshit. Far as I'm concerned I'll never order anything from them!
Old 01-23-2005, 11:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
sounds like very poor service to me.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:18 PM
///M POWER

i had simliar experience with dean, fawkin 4 months for sways

lame
Old 01-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Meat stick

Originally Posted by darrinb

lame
What is Deans screenname?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:02 AM
shift@8k

allmotor if you ever happen to get this resolved...i would order the brakes through arnold (blxmjx) i have ordered my sways, exhaust, strut, sway bars, mugen mods from him and have had nothing but great service and turn around time.
I think street image inc is handling his pms now, but i have a number where u can reach him at if you need it.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shinybluecls
allmotor if you ever happen to get this resolved...i would order the brakes through arnold (blxmjx) i have ordered my sways, exhaust, strut, sway bars, mugen mods from him and have had nothing but great service and turn around time.
I think street image inc is handling his pms now, but i have a number where u can reach him at if you need it.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Originally Posted by darrinb

lame

I talked about Deans poor customer service in the past.

My order was taken over the phone and my card was charged immediately (which was not a problem). I was told I would be emailed the tracking number within by the next day. I never recieved it. I emailed and called but to no avail. I finally went over Deans head about a week later. When I contacted velocity resources turns out the never had a record of me or any transaction that was made. :angryfire

They contacted Dean and turns out he forgot to place the order but didn't forget to charge me for it.

Regardless of the deal, I would never deal with him again.

It took me 3 months to get my Koni Yellows.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:25 AM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Well, I have put off writing this post for a long time for several reasons, but now I am compelled to write about this.

I ordered a set of Rotors and pads from Dean (Velocity Resources / Speed Distributors) and paid for them about two months ago (might be more, I forget now). Anyways, I was told the shipments were late etc., etc. I called often and was given the: "I'll find out and call you back". After a few of those, I asked them to read back the phone # they have for me... and obviously it was not the correct one - since I have given my #'s several times... and there are not too many of their customers in the 805 area code! Dean replied my e-mails most of the time but obviously I still don't have my brakes!

I sent an e-mail last week asking them to send me a tracking # by Friday or refund my money. Neither happened. I then e-mailed Dean to have my money refunded by today (Sunday)... credit-card machines work over the weekend, so that should not have been a problem. Well... guess what... nothing!

I have been VERY patient, but this is really pissing me off. If its a supplier issue, then keep me in the loop. INFORM me so that I could make alternative decisions. Now, when I want my money refunded, that's not happening as well. What kind customer service is that?!?

I have not mentioned anything in this forum or elsewhere mostly as a courtesy and decency. Obviously that courtesy and decency is not reciprocated... hence I cannot offer that anymore.

There are several options for me going forward... I really hate to do any of them, but might be forced to do so.
That sucks, I ordered my CT exhaust from Dean and had a good experience. Shipping took a little longer than expected, about 2.5 weeks, but he did return my phone calls and emails to let me know what the delay was about. Hope you get it straightened out.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Does Dean have a brick and mortar store? Maybe someone can stop by and politely talk to him.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
all i can say is ACP
Old 01-24-2005, 09:28 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
I could go collect if ya want...
Old 01-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Homeless

Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
Does Dean have a brick and mortar store? Maybe someone can stop by and politely talk to him.
Agreed.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
I had some issues with them (not Dean, but VR) before also since we were using them as our vendor. They did clear it up for me and took care of other things.... but I've really haven't used them much since... especially since I haven't seen him on the board lately (which means he's been busy and I only like to deal with him).

Since adding additional vendors, we've receive nothing but praise from our customers with our turnaround time. So the tradeoff is... you may pay a little more with us over VR, but if an item is in stock... you'd have it within 7 days.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
They do... but last I heard he doesn't work there full time.... so most of his work is done remotely.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Safety Car

He just e-mailed asking for my CC information (they don't have any record of it for some reason!?!). I'll keep a close tab with my bank and keep you guys posted. I have contacted blxmjx and he'll get back to me today on availability of brakes.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
He just e-mailed asking for my CC information (they don't have any record of it for some reason!?!). I'll keep a close tab with my bank and keep you guys posted. I have contacted blxmjx and he'll get back to me today on availability of brakes.
why dont you try tim at ACP?
Old 01-24-2005, 10:36 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Hopefully you won't have to -- but you should be able to have your credit card company do an inquiry and then refund money if you never received the product that you paid for. Most credit cards have protection built into them for situations like this.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Banned

i got my front rotors from them (blxmjx) for $180 shipped and i got the EBC greenstuff pads from www.ajusa.com for $62 shipped.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ram if it doesn't work out with blxmjx drop Excelerate, another vendor on here, a PM. I ordered my BBK and Rear Rotors and Pads from him and the customer service and overall buying experience was top notch. He actually fronted the money for me so i could get the order in on time before I could get the check out.

As far as Dean and VR or SD go, I ordered my S/C kit through them and while there was a delay from Comptech overall they kept me informed over the 10+ weeks it was delayed. Seems like they have their good and bad buying days.

However after hearing your story I can see why you’d want to go with someone else. Hope you get this all squared away.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Allmotor, if you can wait about another week I will be running another ROTORA Groupbuy. And the rotors will be directly shipped from my shop so there will be no red tape or false excuses.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Safety Car

I don't mind a week...

I just got an e-mail from Dean saying the refund has been processed - I'll check my account over the next few days to make sure it gets in. Regarding the brakes, if someone (Exxelerate, blxmjx etc.) can get brakes (rotors/pads) within the next week... that will be great.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:39 PM
My Member is Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are laws prohibiting any seller from charging your credit card AT ALL before shipment, the transaction has not fully taken place... Therefore you should never be charged anything until you get a shipment confirmation and/or a tracking # from UPS. What he is doing is illegal.

Also: This is a world of customer service. If you don't get results within DAYS, move on, cancel your order and buy somewhere else. I don't care if he's blessed by the Acura gods, he's NOT DELIVERING.

MODS: Just my but judging by the other posts about illegal credit card transactions AND not shipping hundreds if not thousands of dollars in product, I would highly reconsider letting this guy sell product in our forum.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Allmotor, if you can wait about another week I will be running another ROTORA Groupbuy. And the rotors will be directly shipped from my shop so there will be no red tape or false excuses.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
do you carry EBC Greenstuff brake pads by any chance?
Old 01-24-2005, 12:57 PM
foolio at heart

I don't mind a week...

I just got an e-mail from Dean saying the refund has been processed - I'll check my account over the next few days to make sure it gets in. Regarding the brakes, if someone (Exxelerate, blxmjx etc.) can get brakes (rotors/pads) within the next week... that will be great.
pm'd you back w/pricing and details.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,474 Posts
allmotor_2000:
Sorry to hear about your brake purchase difficulties.

[QUOTE=Chaptorial]Seems like they have their good and bad buying days. /QUOTE]

Supply and demand market forces can be pretty hard to predict, especially in the hot automotive aftermarket venue.

Jason and his crew at Speed Distributors installed a S/C kit on my SMR CLS-6 this past week (15 Jan-22 Jan). Dropped the car off on the 15th, visited the parental units, went to Disney. Picked up the car on the 22nd and drove south 200 miles to Ft. Lauderdale without incident.

I met and talked to Jason, A.J and Dean and they were all, IMO, professional, knowledgeable, proactive, stand-up guys There were a few minor tweaks and adjustments during the S/C install that I was kept in the loop about, but overall it seemed they did 'back flips through the rear-end' to deliver the car when promised.

Once again, I hope your able to find the above mentioned brake kit.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Suzuka Master

hmmm.... guess I need to give Dean a call tomorrow..

time to get rid of some vendors.......:smitler:
Old 01-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Meat stick

Originally Posted by Smitty

kbye
Old 01-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've spent a ton of money with Dean and Jason without a problem. I've only had my CL-S6 for 5 months and it was bone stock when I got it. Take a look at my sig. and you can see the type of money that I've spent with Dean. He's always been available to me and has always given me straight info. I think Jason gets busy with the shop and does not execute as Dean directs at times. If I were to guess, I would hope that's what happened to your brakes Ram. In either case, you're without brakes.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:53 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Smitty

I don't think that is necessary - you should have multiple documentated cases of neglect or intentional malpractice before that is required!
Old 01-24-2005, 11:59 PM
Meat stick

I don't think that is necessary - you should have multiple documentated cases of neglect or intentional malpractice before that is required!
DarrinB and Red-CL have also posted in this thread regarding poor service from Dean. I think he should be able to defend himself, but at the same time there is a pattern here, and I do not think AZ should be in the habit of allowing vendors that give subpar service to its members
Old 01-25-2005, 01:50 AM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

I ordered from VR in the past and i experienced a 3 week delay for a UR pulley, however i did order a Sc crank which is an item thats probably not ordered often. They did lag on sending it but i was always able to get a hold of someone on the phone.
Its one thing if they take a long ass time to send your order, but its another when you have trouble getting a hold of them as in allmotors case. Im interested to see what Dean has to say when he sees this thread!
Old 01-25-2005, 02:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by car_lost
i bought my rotors from blxmjx (Street Racing Image, a vendor here) and recieved them within 10 days. great people to deal with... i would say go with them.
Blkmjx is the man....I get a lot of my stuff from him. Damn...he even sold me one of his cars.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
Blkmjx is the man....I get a lot of my stuff from him. Damn...he even sold me one of his cars.
His shop is in Alhambra.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:55 AM
Audio/Video/Alarm Expert

I would call your creditcard company and refuse payment, tell them you did give them ur information but you did not authorize an amount of purchase. That'll teach them.

Worse case scenario the creditcard company will contact the store, ask them for a copy of the original transaction slip to be submitted to them, then it gets forwarded to you, and if your signature is not on it, then you denie payment and they don't get a pennie, and nothing happens to you.

I'd do it that way.

Quick Reply: Brakes and bad experience