Best Run So far! SCTLS/997S

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 06:12 AM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Run So far! SCTLS/997S

Heading up on this one long stretch that we usually do runs , i come up on a black CarreraS, the 997 body. We run it for about 10 miles straight! It just kept going and going.
The first run was from a stop, where we both eased off the line, i waited for him to show action, and was ready for it. Spun 1st into 2nd and surprisingly he was right there next to me. Third comes and he pulled 1 car immediately. We let go before 100 and he only had 1.5 cars on me!! Not bad at all, considering that car is much faster. I couldnt believe it, but everytime we ran it, he would very slowly pull away, much slower than allmotors car thats for sure!
After 2 runs, for about 5 miles he speeds off exceeding 100 mph, i didnt want to go those speeds on this part of the road so i kept a bus length distance between us. By the time we got to a light, he was 2 bus lengths ahead of me. Once again though, i wasnt trying because there are several cops on this part of the stretch and i wanted to see him in the corners, where we could have some real fun!
After that risky 5 miles of high speed (he easily tripled the speed limit), he puts on his hazards. As we approach the turns, i throw my hazards to let him know its not over.
We hit the turns and immediately i have some lead on him, but almost lost it getting that lead. We are heading down through the twisties and he is glued to my tail, couldnt shake him one bit! Not surprised here, that thing corners really flat and shouldnt even be compared to the CL/TL. On the last corner, i remind myself to back off, and am happy i did.
The last corner is a half circle 65 mph max. corner in my car. I see he is still trying to pass so i move to the right and jumps in front. While im braking preparing for this, he is still accelerating and must of hit close to 80! He lost the rear end, skinned the cones in the center divider, and the car straightened out.
We pulled over to check for damages, he got really lucky, it was still as beautiful as new. The conversation follows:
(His friend in a 996 911 pull up after all this too)
the 996: what do you have, NOS?
me: (i didnt like that comment, particularly because of what follows later on) nope
they come out saying my car is fast and that the porsche was only a hair faster! The owner of the 997 is shocked and admits i put up a fight. They even complimented the cornering capability.
Then the guy with the 996 comes around and says:
"Hey, you could of bought this honda accord for 40k less and it would be just as fast"
I was pretty angry at this point, as a TL looks nothing like an Accord. Nonetheless i ignored there pointless comments, but one interesting thing came up. Apparently, they track their cars at Willow Springs! They asked me if i had ever been. Told them no!
They complimented the power and handling of my car a couple more times, i was freezing my ass off, so i took off.
Crazy ass night, but the awe/shock these people were in was truly priceless to see. A stock looking TLS, keeping up with their new porsche!
I thought the driver could of just sucked at driving, but if he tracks the car, is at least 10 years older than me, then i should of gotten killed. Guess he needs more track practice! lol
Old 08-06-2005, 06:27 AM

wanted to add this in, but edit button went away:
the driver of the 997 was a pretty decent guy. aside from the nos comment from his friend(which is understandable as ive heard from others that my car at WOT sounds like its spraying) and the accord comment, they were pretty decent people. I showed them under the hood and described the list of mods, they didnt seem to be familiar at all with anything i had, minus the blower. The 997 had 1 passenger, i was alone. I think he was carrying about 180 lbs extra weight. I havent installed the water injection yet, or it would of been alot closer!
Finally, this was all a dream and i just woke up and decided to share it.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Chillin' !
Old 08-06-2005, 08:54 AM
drop em like its hot

kick ass man... wow... to hear that you kept up with the 997 even through turns is one hell of a feat... those things corner like a beast, plus their wheelbase is much smaller than ours!

im sure other people will say that "they are obviously not good drivers" but hey i'll give u a big
Old 08-06-2005, 11:10 AM
4th Gear

Yeah I was gonna say was they pushing the porche but then I say that you were just playing and it was all a dream, U got me.....
Old 08-06-2005, 03:53 PM

legal disclaimer= dream
Old 08-07-2005, 02:09 AM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
nice......was he attempting to set his lines for the turn, or was he trying to do some ricer fly by right before the turn?.....
Old 08-07-2005, 01:28 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice dream
Old 08-07-2005, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cocoa
nice......was he attempting to set his lines for the turn, or was he trying to do some ricer fly by right before the turn?.....
he didnt take that last corner properly at all. the entire time, i was taking up all lanes available to get max corner speed, and he was like a fly on my tail trying to get by. i was literally holding him up, until i moved and let him pass. i can tell he has tracked the car based on how we handled the turns.
it wasnt a ricer flyby, but rather just a pass. he didnt know the road so he thought he could take it at a high speed.
he didnt cut the corner properly at all, but thats probably because he was understeering into the turn at first, and really didnt have control. it was the best night of my life. we basically turned sepulv. into a track course for ourselves!
Old 08-08-2005, 02:53 AM
Advanced

He wrote dream because of legal reasons. AND IT WAS A GOOD ONE AT THAT. WINK WINK. (PS - I was there witnessing it all until the end when they began to take the turns, my car doesn't take such punishment on pot holes and bump roads).
Old 08-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darrinb
nice dream
Trust me... he ain't dreaming, his car is THAT fast
Old 08-19-2005, 12:15 AM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by power3dfx
he didnt take that last corner properly at all. the entire time, i was taking up all lanes available to get max corner speed, and he was like a fly on my tail trying to get by. i was literally holding him up, until i moved and let him pass. i can tell he has tracked the car based on how we handled the turns.
it wasnt a ricer flyby, but rather just a pass. he didnt know the road so he thought he could take it at a high speed.
he didnt cut the corner properly at all, but thats probably because he was understeering into the turn at first, and really didnt have control. it was the best night of my life. we basically turned sepulv. into a track course for ourselves!
nice...you should try GMR one night.....those are the twisties we run at. Thursday, friday, and saturday are the days people go for competition. the rest of the days are usually used to practice...
Old 08-22-2005, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Trust me... he ain't dreaming, his car is THAT fast
it surprises me sometimes too!
Old 08-22-2005, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cocoa
nice...you should try GMR one night.....those are the twisties we run at. Thursday, friday, and saturday are the days people go for competition. the rest of the days are usually used to practice...
whats GMR?