ATTN: Droideka... how's your car doing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2001, 04:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTN: Droideka... how's your car doing?

Droid,

So what did the dealer say? Are the brake problems fixed?

Fill us in...

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type S
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers
AEM CAI
PIAA 19169
Old 05-03-2001, 10:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

I got my car back today. They resurfaced the rotors and replaced the front brake pads under warranty. The vibration is gone, but I haven't had a chance to test out brake fade. I'm almost afriad to on the off chance I'll warp the damn rotors again!

They also re-torqued my headers.... woo-hoo! The rear bolts were a little loose. I think the car feels stronger but what do I know... I was driving an Integra LS automatic around all day!!! Now the CL-S feels like an NSX!
Old 05-03-2001, 11:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GoldTypeS:
I got my car back today. They resurfaced the rotors and replaced the front brake pads under warranty. The vibration is gone, but I haven't had a chance to test out brake fade. I'm almost afriad to on the off chance I'll warp the damn rotors again!

They also re-torqued my headers.... woo-hoo! The rear bolts were a little loose. I think the car feels stronger but what do I know... I was driving an Integra LS automatic around all day!!! Now the CL-S feels like an NSX!
</font>
How long did it take before your headers bolts "got loose"?

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 9 coats of Zaino magic
Old 05-04-2001, 12:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
How long did it take before your headers bolts "got loose"?

</font>
I think they've been loose all along. Right after I got the headers I heard a slight rattling sound intermittently. That appears to be gone now. I've never really thought I got much out of the headers and everyone else raves about them so it makes sense that I haven't been getting much out of them the whole time. The car sounds different now too.... a little bit "tighter" for lack of a better word. Probably going to the track tomorrow for the first time so we'll see.
Old 05-04-2001, 12:21 AM
hater

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GoldTypeS:
Droid,

So what did the dealer say? Are the brake problems fixed?

Fill us in...

</font>
Gold,

I got the car, but have been busy and still reeling from the $450 I had to pay just to get it back...

Where do I start:

1. Remember when I side-swiped that curb back at 8600 miles? Well, they had to replace the left front hub and bearing citing that the "accident" finally manifested itself in the form of a serious problem. I argued for a while as to why we had to wait 12,000 FUCKING MILES to decide it was an issue. The reason I got fucked is because I took the car in to get the new wheel and have them check it out and mentioned the curb banging mania. I got a clean bill of health when they did an inspection, but from that point forward they had a record of the "incident" in the system and said, "OH JOY! We don't have to pay for this, it's HIS fault!" EVERY comment you make when in the shop is in the system PERMANENTLY, so watch what you say. It might come back to bite you later.

2. The rotors, pads and master cylinder were replaced under warranty. That included new brake fluid and a bleed. I'm not really feeling anything that spectacular from all that work except that the shimmy is gone and the pedal is back to normal. It just doesn't brake like it did when it was new, and yes, I've put enough miles on it to seat the pads.

3. The actuator was replaced, but didn't have the same failure as last time when it had actually seized and could not be turned manually. The shops are not equipped to make ANY diagnosis whatsoever and have to send the unit back to Honda for reverse engineering. My S.A. mentioned that the tech drove before and after the replacement and said that the difference was night and day. Well, NO SHIT! He went on to say that most people don't even make it up into VTEC range to notice the loss in power. Really? Then WHY the FUCK did they buy CL-S over the CL-P???

4. I love my CL-S, I really do. I love the color and the amenities, but I'm over it for the most part. The brakes SUCK and cannot handle any real push when driving. We've already witnessed what several thousand dollars WILL NOT buy, so modding a leased vehicle is out of the question for me. I want a real beast next time and April of next year can't come soon enough.

Signed,
Billy Bitter

------------------
'01 CL-S|Sundance Gold|Spoiler|35% Tint|Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17
a study in pimp daddy gold
Old 05-04-2001, 02:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

OUCH!!

Chin up droid....