ATTN: "Big Brother"

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001 | 11:26 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

ATTN: "Big Brother"

So let me get this straight....

It's ok to open an entire forum for the purpose of promoting and endorsing a product. But..... lock every thread containing negative comments regarding said product. Comments meant to make perspective buyers aware of the fact that there has been a problem with a company.

Are you locking threads about bad dealers?
Are you locking threads about actuators, rear deck rattles, paint chips, experiences with other cars???

Are you tired of hearing about it?

Some members of this board are out a decent chunk of change in no small part due to the recommendations herein. And now, as we try to get it back, warn others, and maybe get some help from members who may have dealt with a similar circumstance at one point or another, you lock it down. (Except for Wayne's thread of course :rolleyes

This action is rather sacrosanct, wouldn't you say?

------------------
- The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Navigation-Spoiler-Muds-Wheel locks-35% Tint-PIAA wedges-V1 and remote
Old 06-13-2001 | 11:33 AM
SatinCL

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rock Dog:
So let me get this straight....

It's ok to open an entire forum for the purpose of promoting and endorsing a product. But..... lock every thread containing negative comments regarding said product. Comments meant to make perspective buyers aware of the fact that there has been a problem with a company.

Are you locking threads about bad dealers?
Are you locking threads about actuators, rear deck rattles, paint chips, experiences with other cars???

Are you tired of hearing about it?

Some members of this board are out a decent chunk of change in no small part due to the recommendations herein. And now, as we try to get it back, warn others, and maybe get some help from members who may have dealt with a similar circumstance at one point or another, you lock it down. (Except for Wayne's thread of course :rolleyes

This action is rather sacrosanct, wouldn't you say?

</font>
Rock Dog:

I agree with you. I locked my first Xephyr topic today......

Anyhow, the point to locking down topics is that most of them have been trivial.....just general in nature and not constructive by any means. My interpretation is that if we have a topic that is useful in acheiving restitution then let's build on it. As Adam said recently, "Xephyr's dead to this forum." so lets not keep his B.S. alive unless we can accomplish getting what we want: OUR MONEY BACK!

------------------
Ken
'01 Satin Silver CL-P
Performance: Headers, K&N Drop-In, Comptech Springs/Sways, 17" Borbet T's & Eagle RS-A's.
Other: Flaps, X-Pel Clear Bra, Cannon Mats, & Burlwood Shift Knob.

Worst Stock GTech: 7.15
Current G-Tech (2/11): 6.33

[This message has been edited by Satin01CL (edited 06-13-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001 | 11:40 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Well said Satin...

I understand the concern for triviality, and cannot argue against that point. However one of the threads did contain some useful "resolution" information. Information that could have been built on. It was locked.

------------------
- The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Old 06-13-2001 | 11:45 AM
SatinCL

Well said Satin...

I understand the concern for triviality, and cannot argue against that point. However one of the threads did contain some useful "resolution" information. Information that could have been built on. It was locked.

</font>
Which one? I'll open it back up once I review it if it indeed is useful. Lemme kno bro.

------------------
Ken
'01 Satin Silver CL-P
Performance: Headers, K&N Drop-In, Comptech Springs/Sways, 17" Borbet T's & Eagle RS-A's.

Old 06-13-2001 | 11:50 AM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Satin01CL:
Originally posted by Rock Dog:
Well said Satin...

</font>
Which one? I'll open it back up once I review it if it indeed is useful. Lemme kno bro.

http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006707-2.html

Third from last post. Other members could have built on gil's post. Maybe there was better information forthcoming. It's gone now. It's too far back in the mix. Maybe I'll start a new thread in Ramblings asking for specific information regarding out of state legal issues. Only 6 people will reply, with 7 hits each. But it could be productive.

------------------
- The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant, the population is growing.

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Hoping the next wrecked CL, is Xephyr's

[This message has been edited by Rock Dog (edited 06-13-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001 | 12:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Have all the people that Chris owes money to come forward yet? How many are we talking? and I'll say it again about someone contacting the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint (Rock Dog?).

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X7.5 GT1 Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 06-13-2001 | 12:15 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tel1sps:
Have all the people that Chris owes money to come forward yet? How many are we talking? and I'll say it again about someone contacting the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint (Rock Dog?).

</font>
http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006688.html

2 posts before yours. (tel1sps?)

------------------
- The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant, the population is growing.

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Hoping the next "wrecked" CL, is Xephyr's
Old 06-13-2001 | 12:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

http://www.acura-cl.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006688.html

2 posts before yours. (tel1sps?)

</font>
Man I missed ya post... Sounds like ya on it Rock!!!
Do you have a list of burnt customers?

Keep us posted...

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X7.5 GT1 Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 06-13-2001 | 01:35 PM
SatinCL

Hey all:

Im not into undoing my "bretherens" actions. However, I totally agree with Rock Dog on his views. As long as we keep the gloves on and work together to figure WTF to do, then this will remain open. The minute it becomes bullshit....I promise someone will lock it. Look at it this way: don't debase my reputation because you feel the need to make a stand.

THis was posted by Gil....I think it is good to know:

All:
This posting should not be construed as legal advise.

That being said, if you've been getting the run-around and the "check is in the mail" story, or even worse if he's just avoiding you, then you may want to consider filing a small claims suit against this guy.

It's never a good sign when people treat their customers like this, and often it results in the guy just closing up shop and going out of business without any consideration of the people that have outstanding claims.

If he can't provide a reasonable excuse (in my book there's no excuse for not giving money back on demand when the products have not been shipped) or is avoiding contact, then you may want to go ahead and get a judgment filed in small claims court. This way the court can declare that he owes you the money and that it must be paid. Different counties have various ways of fulfilling judgments. Many counties require you to file in the county where the defendant lives. I'm sure you could find an attorney who would give you guys a good rate to make a filing for each of you.

Bottom line is that you have rights that are protected by law when it comes to consumer relationships (read up on consumer law and you'll be suprised). The laws are there to protect you, but you must have take the first step and get the ball rolling. If this guy refuses to give you a straight answer and avoids contact, you're not stuck like you may be led to believe.

Just my $.02

------------------
Ken
'01 Satin Silver CL-P

[This message has been edited by Satin01CL (edited 06-13-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001 | 04:22 PM
Race Director

This shouldn't be construed as legal advice either but I have to agree with Gil. The laws are there to protect you and they will work for you but those laws don't get exercised by themselves. You (or your lawyer) have to know how to work them and they hard you work them the better off you will feel.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-13-2001 | 06:11 PM
5th Gear

I am still waiting as well, its been 2 months and I am yet to get calls/emails returned. I was planning on trying to file a suit as well but wasn't sure where to start. Any more ideas on how to resolve?
Old 06-13-2001 | 06:21 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pimp'nTypeS:
I am still waiting as well, its been 2 months and I am yet to get calls/emails returned. I was planning on trying to file a suit as well but wasn't sure where to start. Any more ideas on how to resolve?</font>
Get together with Rock Dog, he seems to be doing the right things. Everyone that's owed money should get together and decide how to go about things.
Old 06-13-2001 | 06:33 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rod:
Get together with Rock Dog, he seems to be doing the right things. Everyone that's owed money should get together and decide how to go about things.</font>
Rock dog and I have been talkin. And we are trying to get a list of all the people who need their money back.

------------------
Silver 2001 CL Type S
navi
stock...
Waiting for CHRIS to give me back my money so i can order a GOOD CAI.
Old 06-13-2001 | 06:37 PM
5th Gear

Let me now if I need to do anything, I have tried the obvious and that doesn't seem to work.