A'PEX Cat-back exhaust... opinions/advice?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 06:32 PM
drop em like its hot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A'PEX Cat-back exhaust... opinions/advice?

Hey guys... i recently sold my HKS super draggers to a local when i decided that i wanted a full catback system, and i didn't feel like shelling out the cash for the CT b-pipes. I was considering getting the A'PEX cat-back exhaust. does anyone have them? i would like to know how they sound, and their performance gains compared to the greddy evo2 and the CT catback exhaust. thanks

A'PEX exhaust systems are engineered to perform. A'PEX engineers concentrate on performance and sound characteristics, not just aesthetics and tubing diameters. From raw materials to the finished product, each component is manufactured in-house to meet the highest standards. Every vehicle application is extensively researched and tested before final designs are approved for production.
The World Sport exhaust is A'PEX's interpretation of how each vehicle's exhaust system should have looked and performed right from the factory. Designed with the daily driver in mind, this exhaust series focuses on drawing out mid-range torque and engine response for optimal drivability on the street. The styling is subtle and elegant, but still retains characteristics of its racing origin. The result is an affordable cat-back exhaust system that makes the daily commute more enjoyable.
Applications

Acura CL V6 Type-S 2001-03

http://www.cardomain.com/shop/item.p...H23&vq_id=none
Old 07-25-2004, 06:39 PM
Suzuka Master

i reccommend greddy evo dual exhaust

quaility and sound is pretty damn good!

sidemarker
Old 07-25-2004, 08:26 PM
drop em like its hot

isnt the greddy evo2 like 800 bucks? the a'pexi is like 550
Old 07-26-2004, 01:03 AM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i have the apex'i. i think i'm the only one on this forum to have it as well. sound is close to stock, except between 2-3000 rpm, and when WOT. performance gain is probably minimal, just like every other exhaust system. i don't really care what everyone else says about how much an exhaust system "helps" performance. from what i've seen, unless you have FI or spray, i'm sure the exhaust does minimal. on my car, it's more aesthetic than anything because i have the TL kit added on, and i wasn't too fond of the stock pipes, so i figured the exhaust fit perfectly
Old 07-26-2004, 02:52 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I have Apexi catback on my TL... As far as sound, it sounds no where close to stock, very very deep tone. As far as power gains, I haven't noticed a thing. BTW, I don't think you could get Apexi WS anymore. They stopped making it. I think they will come out with WS2.... if they haven't already. I paid 600 for the exhaust with install. I think it's a good price...

Just for your info, the muffler part looks exactly like HKS (I have a set sitting at home).

here are pix of the exhaust on my car.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81457
Old 07-26-2004, 10:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by rezurex
isnt the greddy evo2 like 800 bucks? the a'pexi is like 550
true

but you can not beat the quality and workmanship of those exhaust

and the tone IMHO is much better than the comptechs or HKS draggers

ask mattg, he has them on...

sidemarker
Old 07-26-2004, 02:40 PM
One who Laps

Buy the exhaust for performance and quality, not sound and with that being the case, Comptech's are the only option imho.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:09 PM
ASM I.S. Design FTW.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sonor kid
Buy the exhaust for performance and quality, not sound and with that being the case, Comptech's are the only option imho.
from what people have dynoed and from what i've seen, the CT exhausts don't produce more than 2-3 horses. CT has quality products, yes... but as are Greddy/Apex'I. All 3 companies have very reputable exhausts and as for "quality", if I'm not mistaken, all 3 exhausts are made of stainless steel.

feel free to voice ur opinion on this, but I think the ultimate decision should be based on looks/sound, becuase the performance/quality is all pretty equal.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:54 PM
drop em like its hot

im thinking of cat-back systems, in terms of performance, is there a difference in CT-catback, A'pexi catback, and the greddy evo2 catback?
Old 07-26-2004, 08:03 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
am i the only one that thinks the greddy evo's are just too big???
Old 07-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Intermediate

Agreed, Im thinking about changing my exhausts but I dont want them to be too big. I've only lowered my car so I still want things to look clean
Old 09-02-2004, 04:06 AM
Burning Brakes

i know this post is like so old but i'm in the search for exhaust. My mind was first set on hks draggers and then i was like ehhhhh. Hard to find a good price and stuff like that. Then i was thinking about remus and then magnaflow 14829. Now i'm like apexi WS. I'm saving as we speak but if the time comes and i see a good deal on apexi i think imma hop on it. Greddy evos lol they're just too big. It's like looking at two huge coffee cans and that's IMHO.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:45 AM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by racersky
i know this post is like so old but i'm in the search for exhaust. My mind was first set on hks draggers and then i was like ehhhhh. Hard to find a good price and stuff like that. Then i was thinking about remus and then magnaflow 14829. Now i'm like apexi WS. I'm saving as we speak but if the time comes and i see a good deal on apexi i think imma hop on it. Greddy evos lol they're just too big. It's like looking at two huge coffee cans and that's IMHO.
Does anyone have anything bad to say about the Apexi's? i don't want anything too big, or anything too loud. So far i've heard nothing bad about these.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:29 AM
drop em like its hot

i ended up with CT exhausts. not too loud but the tone is deep and nice. when i get my headers installed friday i expect my exhaust note to be deeper.

you really only hear the exhaust note at around 2-3k rpm. if u go WOT the intake noise is much louder than your exhaust noise.

i like the chromed out look of the CT exhausts... not too big and flashy but they're definitely nicer looking than stock, and with my CT intake-AW headers-CT b-pipe-CT exhaust set up im expecting some decent gains as the engine will breathe much more freely

like brian said performance wise all these exhausts are the same... stock exhausts come pretty free flowing as it is.. only difference will be physical aesthetics, which is up to you.

-rez